Team-BHP - Tata Nexon : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Nexon : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/191396-tata-nexon-official-review-354.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnaduthota (Post 5709658)
i found just opposite in nexon diesel. Till engine warm up, noise will be more and after that it feels smooth and responsive.

This is true for the Nexon diesel. Mine is a 2022 diesel and until three bars show up in the temperature gauge, the engine sounds a little rough. But when that operating temperature is reached, it sounds smooth.

Nexon-XMA-Petrol user for about 8 months now. 6k Kms in and loving it so far.

Question regarding the brake - In case i'm going over bad roads, i don't accelerate, maybe steer a little bit to avoid extra bad parts. There are instances when I may have to use the brake and when I do, there is scraping sound definitely felt through the brake pedal too, despite windows up and AC on. Anything i should get checked?

* The brake works fine despite the sound. In good roads, no scraping sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexonguy (Post 5709565)
Hello everyone,
It's been 18 months since I got my 2022 model Nexon (petrol, manual), and driving about 21k kms has been a positive experience. It is my first car. I had estimated a monthly mileage of no more than 500 kilometers before making the purchase, but I have been proven wrong :)

I've noticed a unique behavior when I start the car after leaving it idle for a few days—it feels like a totally different car, running super smooth with minimal engine noise and a seamless clutch. Unfortunately, this sensation only lasts for the first 10 kms or so before returning to the usual performance. Any insights on why this happens or tips for maintaining that initial smoothness would be appreciated.

What is the idle RPM immediately after cold start and after warm up ? During the warm-up phase, usually the RPM is kept on higher side which may explain the smooth running of the 3-cyl engine. After warm-up, normal idle speed is lowered and that is when the 3-cyl engine starts to sound unrefined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravindra M (Post 5722094)
What is the idle RPM immediately after cold start and after warm up ? During the warm-up phase, usually the RPM is kept on higher side which may explain the smooth running of the 3-cyl engine. After warm-up, normal idle speed is lowered and that is when the 3-cyl engine starts to sound unrefined.

There is no change in rpm. I am aware of the higher rpm warm up that will run for approx 1 minute. I usually wait for the engine to go back to idle rpm before driving the car. The smooth running and low nvh is experienced during the drive.

My rough theory is that when the car is stationary for few days, metal/dust particles in the engine oil is settled to the bottom and clean oil is providing a smooth experience until dusts start to circulate.

Engine oil is replaced only once so far by the service center approx 9 months back (on 3rd free service). When I am typing this, I started to worry whether the service center might have replaced the oil without completely removing the old oil :sadface

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexonguy (Post 5722422)
There is no change in rpm. I am aware of the higher rpm warm up that will run for approx 1 minute. I usually wait for the engine to go back to idle rpm before driving the car. The smooth running and low nvh is experienced during the drive.

My rough theory is that when the car is stationary for few days, metal/dust particles in the engine oil is settled to the bottom and clean oil is providing a smooth experience until dusts start to circulate.

Engine oil is replaced only once so far by the service center approx 9 months back (on 3rd free service). When I am typing this, I started to worry whether the service center might have replaced the oil without completely removing the old oil :sadface

Interesting. Maybe you can post the experience after next service.
Is this observation across all cars or only in yours ? If possible, you can try another Nexon of same specifications.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 5719037)

I will definitely recommend.them.

Any SA reference in this service center? Since mostly we interact with SA, i think reference is very helpful.

Nice post, when I bought a Nexon 6 years ago many asked me why Tata, it was not easy to explain that the car ticked my requirements and requirements will vary from person to person. It has been a stress free car and it is great fun on the highways. Its a diesel car and I get 12.5 kmpl in the city and on the highways it goes upto 21kmpl. Also the sport mode puts a smile on my face each time I get a decent stretch of road to stretch the legs of the car.
There are a few grouses though, I need to keep the drier seat at its lowest to fit inside the car and I avoid the passenger side as it does not have height adjustment. Also the decent ground clearance while a boon in the potholed city is a challenge for the elderly to get in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_guy1998 (Post 5033151)
Had a chance to drive the Nexon Petrol MT XZ+(S) for the first time, which is purchased by one of my relatives a month in Bangalore, where he works right now, by exchanging his Dec 2017 Tigor XM a month ago and he purchased the car in Red colour as per the suggestions from his family as they have another red coloured car at home in Hyderabad and his previous Tigor was also in same colour as well.

Quoting my own post.

My relative had traded in his 2021 Nexon P MT with 2024 facelifted Nexon recently. But he bought a Diesel AMT this time as he no longer can drive an MT due to health issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_guy1998 (Post 5725736)
Quoting my own post.

My relative had traded in his 2021 Nexon P MT with 2024 facelifted Nexon recently. But he bought a Diesel AMT this time as he no longer can drive an MT due to health issues.

Excellent upgrade, if you don't mind, can you share the price your friend paid, and did he trade-in his old Nexon for the new? And which variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinod_nair (Post 5725775)
Excellent upgrade, if you don't mind, can you share the price your friend paid, and did he trade-in his old Nexon for the new? And which variant.

Sure sir.

The price of the new Nexon D AMT is 19L and yes, my relative had traded in his old Nexon P MT, which was also the top variant but not sure how much he sold the car for. But, the car had run more than 40k Kms when I was in India IIRC.

And, the variant he bought is Fearless S+, which is top most variant. He thought of getting Petrol again but unfortunately, he couldn't get the Petrol one. Hence, he went for Diesel AMT this time. His previous Nexon was KA registered as he bought the car from Bangalore (brand new) and this Nexon's color was Red while the new one he bought is Grey but bought from Hyderabad this time since he moved back to Hyd due to health reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_guy1998 (Post 5725786)
Sure sir.

The price of the new Nexon D AMT is 19L and yes, my relative had traded in his old Nexon P MT.

And, the variant he bought is Fearless S+, which is top most variant. He thought of getting Petrol again but unfortunately, he couldn't get the Petrol one. Hence, he went for Diesel AMT this time.

Thank you for the detailed information.

I've a 2018 Etna Orange D XMA, with 16k km, on road price was 9.5L, trade-in with 2014 Wagonr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskumaraxa1660 (Post 5707296)
Here is the attached photo of the paint damage for reference. A few of my colleagues said I should ask for a different vehicle as they can't fix this to our satisfaction.

If the vehicle is not yet registered in your name, why would you take a broken scratched car for the full payment. :eek:

Just say no and get a new car. Do not sign any more documents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskumaraxa1660 (Post 5707296)
Here is the attached photo of the paint damage for reference. A few of my colleagues said I should ask for a different vehicle as they can't fix this to our satisfaction.

Possibly in Bangalore, The Key Motors (mostly the Mysore Road Branch) is one notorious place for pulling big one on you. Be it Sales or Service. I have had similar issues. During sales, somehow it looks like no one even acknowledges your presence there. Pre-Delivery: No one had any clue on where the car is, How long it might take ?.

For service, they feel they are doing a favour by servicing your car. Whatever complaints you say, they will say `Yes` while registering and say sorry sir will do it next time.

I had to raise complaints to TML against this dealer 2/3 times. But, what I have realised is TML also doesnt care too much about complaints against dealers. My advice for folks looking at Tata Cars would be not to jump into any small showroom next door. The sales guy will most probably ruin your buying experience. One place which I felt better was Lalbagh Road: Prerana. Alternatively, dont visit any showroom at all, ask them to Bring the vehicle to your door step :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kskumaraxa1660 (Post 5707229)
The whole system is broken, I can only hope that the other sales teams aren't as bad as the ones I got. However, having no accountability and blaming others for the inconveniences caused is the common theme. Now totally dejected by DAY 14 with lethargic attitude, am ready to cancel the booking if no progress made in next couple of days.

All I can say is , these are TOO MANY red flags to go ahead with the purchase and most importantly this being a TATA. I don't have to list down the horror stories we have on the forum. A quick search will get your day's reading sorted.

My sincere request to you would be , to withdraw the payment and give this dealer a pass ASAP. You can look out for a different dealer, and I would also go to the length of recommending you look for a different brand for a relative peace of mind.

Good Luck :thumbs up

Since this is about Tatas I would like to tell you all about an experience of a family friend.
This friend of ours had specially visited us earlier to have a look at our new car [Honda City] and seek advice since he was planning to buy a new car.
He was so impressed by the Honda but in the very end he said he wanted an Indian Brand SUV and specifically told us he was interested in the Nexon. We warned him about our experience with Tata and why we didnt regret cancelling the Nexon [pre-facelift] even a little.
He anyways booked it and took delivery. Thankfully his car had no such problem although the buying experience was still lousy. After delivery, he realised that the boot would open for no reason every once in a while. This in my opinion was outright dangerous. The car was taken to the service centre and a couple days later the issue was fixed. Then after another week, he received a call from Tata asking him to bring his car to the service station which he did. All seat belts were found to be fault and were replaced.
I mean wheres the quality control? Bad hooks in the tailgate, faulty seatbelts and whatnot in the first week of delivery.