Team-BHP - Tata Nexon : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Nexon : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/191396-tata-nexon-official-review-4.html)

Here is a short 1000 KM review of Nexon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShaTKQ6ijoU

Walkaround video of White XM variant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8V83HBvT5U

A segment in which there are no bad choices & no clear winner either - Nexon, Brezza, Ecosport, WR-V - so just pick one based on your preferences without bad-mouthing the other, quite simple.
The only thing not going for Nexon is the late mover disadvantage - but having said that the absence of Hyundai in the segment means that second place is up for grabs. Not going to be easy for Nexon because the launch of the new Ecosport is around the corner and WR-V sells mostly because its a Honda and a good finished product (in that order).
Ideal scenario for Nexon: 4-5k units per month and second position :thumbs up

Nice review with in-depth coverage, rated 5 stars clap:. To me looks quite flashy, quirky and busy. The Ecosport which also looked quite quirky when it was launched, now looks quite conventional in front of the Nexon.

I had a question wrt the engines offered: Can it be deducted that the petrol engine is more rewarding to an enthusiast, given the relaxed and drive-ability oriented nature of the diesel?

Also, is it pronounced as Nex-en or Nex-on stupid:

Excellent review!! The attention to detail is just amazing. Rated 5 stars.

This review will definitely help prospective buyers to take an informed decision.

For me, Nexon looks great. A little ambitious design but I sure it will grow on us once we start seeing it on road more often.

As for TATA, they better get their sales process in order if they really want to cash on the product's success.

Awesome 5 star review indeed. Totally worth the wait.

The thing about the exterior design now; the reviewers and quite a few members feel it is quirky. But the Nexon was voted the best looking car of the last auto expo. I see no difference in the exteriors of the car shown then and the car that is up for sale now. Either people have drastically changed their opinions now or the people who like it are not speaking up.

I, for one, reiterate that I love it to bits. The looks are the primary reason for my booking this car without bothering to check out any other car or waiting for the new Ecosport. I voted for it then and I voted for it again now with my purse.

I haven't gone through the detailed review, but looking at initial summary, i feel Tata has definitely a winner in their hands, if they take care of their servicing aspects and if there aren't any major niggles reported by any owners in the next few months they have an outright winner. I am happy for them and wish them a turning point with this car.

Dual-tone photoshop stuff for Nexon using the existing color palette:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-11.jpg
Calgary white with sonic silver

Tata Nexon : Official Review-12.jpg
Calgary white with glasgow grey

Tata Nexon : Official Review-21.jpg
Glasgow grey with sonic silver

Tata Nexon : Official Review-22.jpg
Glasgow grey with calgary white

Tata Nexon : Official Review-31.jpg
Vermont red with calgary white

Tata Nexon : Official Review-33.jpg
Vermont red with glasgow grey

Hope you guys find it useful.

Thanks for the review which is very meticulous covering all aspects of the car. More than that the highs and lows are dispassionately brought out so the reader can do their own checks and decide on key issues. This is exactly how a review should be done.

I am doing a study of different reviews of the same car by popular auto magazines/columns to highlight the care readers should take while reading them and not get misled according to the bias of the reviewer.

I have selected the Tiago XZ Petrol as I own one which is a year old and I can relate to the good and the bad. Not sure what I'll do with it but it should take me a couple of weeks to get it finished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam_GTR (Post 4288591)
Are you sure it's a 144p display cause 144p would be very grainy and will look like an old coloured display feature mobile.

Sorry my bad! Thats a typo.

Its an 800 * 480 resolution display, which is good even though its not an HD display.

Superb review as usual and rated full 5 stars. I have driven the Nexon diesel variant quite a bit and agree to all the points mentioned in the review. Psurelia and I went for an extended test drive a few days back. Both of us liked the engine response in Sport mode. Eco mode is way too slow and I don't think I will ever drive in that mode. The low beam of the headlights were not working in the demo vehicle and we had to drive it with high beams on. It is a bit of a concern on a new vehicle. Hopefully it was just a lose connector.

Excellent review providing a lot of those small yet important details.

One good thing with the Nexon is that Tata has address a weak area of the Tiago and the Tigor which is the engines. While not class leading overall, they are competitive and perform very well against the competition. Another step in the right direction.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4288256)
Driving the 1.2L Petrol

Turbocharger sits right at the front:

This could be a problem incase of even a small frontal impact. I would suggest going for B2B Insurance to avoid huge bills. Turbochargers costs around 50K.

Fully deserved 5 star review. Great attention to tiniest of the details. Kudos to Aditya and Vid6639!!

So TATA’s resurgence is on the rise. Some very competent products from them starting with Tiago and afterwards building the momentum with Hexa. Perception about the brand has changed in recent times and that is the biggest success of TATA in my opinion.

On similar lines, Nexon looks a good solid product at the given price point. It might have started slowly (based on initial bookings) but I think it will do well along the way.

Thank you @Aditya & @Vid6639. Excellent review. Rated well deserved 5 stars.

The pleasant surprise was the Petrol engine which did not have a lot of positive reviews. Till now we had only heard about underperformance for Petrol, but here it stands out (excluding Eco mode).

Regarding the looks, I love the looks. I had voted for it during Auto Expo. It is *different* and I love it. Rear is something I've gotten used to. I really like the front and side profiles.

What would have been the icing on the cake was automatic transmission at launch (not AMT and definitely not delayed). I hope they can get a proper automatic sometime later.

Still waiting for an Indian manufacturer to be extremely safety conscious and start providing side and curtain airbags.

Wishing Tata all the best for Nexon. I really want them to do good. It is a great product and deserves a good treatment.

Awesome report Adi and Vid! Rated 5 *s.

I certainly didn`t wanted to comment on the design aspect as liking's varies person to person, however I can`t stop myself from commenting either as I really like the effort Tata is putting in its cars. Be it quality interiors, uncompromising build quality and good engines for enthusiasts, it is just commendable which Tata is offering here. I don`t hesitate to call myself a Tata fan and certainly Nexon will be a prime contender when I am in the market early next year to replace my Figo.

Coming to the car itself, I am one of those who believes sometimes car looks grows on you and clearly I like the front composure of Nexon and it has certainly grown on me from the first day I saw it. However it is the side and rear look which spoils the overall composure of the car, damn 4m rule:Frustrati and it can play a vital role in decision making. When Ecosport was launched in our market, the design was funky and futuristic but this category is taken over by Nexon and upcoming facelifted ecosport deserves a promotion to be in classy and desirable design category.