Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 19th January 2018, 15:21   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Any scoop on Nexon AMT.
Will ill be offered in XZA+ trim?
Will it come with hill assist?

I was planning to book Nexon this month. But if AMT is around the corner and coming with hill assist, probably I can wait a month.
Isn't hill assist a feature for the manual variant? Given the creep functions of automatics, if am right, it helps in inclines.
Old 19th January 2018, 15:25   #617
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2018 at 15:37.
Prathiiik is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th January 2018, 15:54   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
I have one more major grouse. Someone in the service centre stole this small mat from the front passenger side.
Update:
I posted this on the day before yesterday in the evening and on the morning of the very next day, I got a call from Venkataramana Motors service center asking for the size and color of the mat. They procured the mat and handed it over to me today.

This shows that either Venkataramana or Tata Motors or both are still following this thread closely. Although the issue is minor, and is not related to the quality or performance of the car, they have taken immediate action. This is very good and confidence inspiring. They have been addressing issues quickly to the satisfaction of the customers. Kudos to Tata.
All prospective Nexon customers can feel assured about the ASS aspect.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 19th January 2018 at 15:56.
Enobarbus is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 16:01   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any scoop on Nexon AMT.
Will ill be offered in XZA+ trim?
Will it come with hill assist?

I was planning to book Nexon this month. But if AMT is around the corner and coming with hill assist, probably I can wait a month.
I doubt if it will come in XZA+ trim.

Tigor's top trip for AMT is XZA and not XZ(O)A. Which means Tigor AMT top end version misses out on Touch screen infotainment system and automatic climate control.

If TATA follows same strategy for Nexon, expect the same.
Old 19th January 2018, 17:46   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Are you kidding me? Really 15k to 18k for 1 service. Is it a regular service cost or does it include non regular repairs?
It was all for paid services after the so called "FREE SERVICES" , which is nothing but a water wash with polish and a bill of about INR 3k for the oil, Consumables which would be never done .
mjkaushal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 19:44   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Isn't hill assist a feature for the manual variant? Given the creep functions of automatics, if am right, it helps in inclines.
I think hill assist is not available in most of manuals. Its not available to many AMTs as well and because of this stopping in traffic on a flyover is tricky. I was hoping that Nexon AMT will have it else it's not worth the wait for me.
Old 19th January 2018, 20:00   #622
BHPian

By no means will the creep function work like a hill hold assist. Hill hold brakes Ur car, on a slope, the creep will take few seconds to happen as the revs built up, you'll have to use the hand brake.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 20:27   #623
BHPian

Quote:
I think hill assist is not available in most of manuals. Its not available to many AMTs as well and because of this stopping in traffic on a flyover is tricky. I was hoping that Nexon AMT will have it else it's not worth the wait for me.
In the Hexa, though hill hold is a feature in the manuals, it gets no mention for the automatics. I guess that is because of the torque converter unit where the car easily creeps even on inclines as soon as you let go of the B pedal.
Why else would TATA mention "AT based hill hold" against hill hold feature in the Hexa auto trims?
This atleast was my understanding as i haven't come across automatic cars which have hill assist feature being executed by using breaks like in the manual variants!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 19th January 2018 at 20:29.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 23:38   #624
BHPian

EcoSport mentions Hill Launch Assist for its Titanium+ variant. Guess it uses brakes momentarily for the assist.
Old 20th January 2018, 13:12   #625
BHPian

Guys i am going to book Nexon next week and i have received rave reviews about the car and its infotainment system. I just would like to know from people who are using this car already that are we able to watch videos in car after connecting a usb drive to the USB port and what if i connect my phone which has videos in it to the infotainment system, will i be able to play them on the car screen. Plus if i have a live tv app in my phone and i connect my phone to the system will live tv play on the screen of car.
Old 20th January 2018, 17:38   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Big thanks to Satyajeet Raut for sharing this update:

Tata Motors has rolled out a dual-tone roof version in the Calgary White exterior colour shade for the Nexon compact SUV.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-white-dual-tone-nexon.jpg

The dual-tone contrast roof option is available on the topmost XZ+ variant of the Nexon, and commands a premium of ~Rs 20,000/- over the equivalent single tone Nexon XZ+.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-untitled.jpg

The same has been added in the updated official brochure and website.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 18:41   #627
BHPian

Tata Motors has rolled out a dual-tone roof version in the Calgary White exterior colour shade for the Nexon compact SUV.
Thanks RavenAvi for sharing this info. My choice would have been this, if this option was available earlier . My choice was Glassgow Grey, which I took delivery in Nov.
Planning to have a white roof in matte finish for my car. Has anyone done it on a Glaasgow Grey Color? How will it look? Any other better option?
jgsolo27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 20:32   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Planning to have a white roof in matte finish for my car. Has anyone done it on a Glaasgow Grey Color? How will it look? Any other better option?
One person did a Vinyl wrap done, but I think its not matte finish.

Pic courtsey HORNET WhatsApp Group
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20171207wa0004.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20171112wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by arif_t01 : 20th January 2018 at 20:36. Reason: Adding more pics
arif_t01 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 22:40   #629
Senior - BHPian

My friend received his Nexon back from first service in Bangalore with broken panels near the gear lever. He shared this on Whatsapp and alerted Tata Motors. Within a day they called and the dealership people arrived at his door step with the part, and replaced it. The entire Nexon community was happy on hearing of this experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Tata Motors are still following this thread closely.
Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 23:11   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been spotting a camouflaged Nexon on Bannerghatta road on a daily basis now. Wonder why camouflage it now when it is launched already. Test it without the camouflage, barely anyone would notice for something new. Next time will try to see what exactly is new with this one.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed