Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2018, 03:14   #646
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devcar98 View Post
Tata is growing a lot faster than its other rivals.

But the problem is using 3 Cylinder engines in such heavy vehicles. They are compromising power for efficiency.
All the 3 cylinder cars have a very poor engine life.
Well this is the trend across all manufacturers across the world. Even BMWs, Audi's are coming now with majority options of 3 cylinder engines in Europe. And please tell me single car in India with 4 cylinder petrol engine introduced recently. There may only one or two examples if I am too ignorant but not more than that. And 1.5 liter Diesel motor is 4 cylinder motor in Nexon.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 24th January 2018 at 03:15.
sushantr5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 10:17   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Shreejith Kumar shares this:

Details awaited.
I am assuming lack of frontal impact, which did not trigger the airbag sensors. Pillars and part of roof looks intact, could be a slow speed tumble.

But if this was MS things could have been different
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 10:34   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My beloved Nexon gives me a lot of work in the morning. The 'largish' gaps in the bonnet accumulate a lot of dust and debris. The windscreen crevices are just sucking everything in, I feel. Use an ear bud on these areas :-)
Try a vacuum cleaner or a blower. That should be easier. That in combination with a Jopasu Duster might help get all the dust out.
Old 24th January 2018, 10:42   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by devcar98 View Post
Tata is growing a lot faster than its other rivals.

But the problem is using 3 Cylinder engines in such heavy vehicles. They are compromising power for efficiency.
All the 3 cylinder cars have a very poor engine life.
If I am not mistaken, my VW Polo 1.2 Tdi is a 3 cylinder Diesel Motor. I am nearing 3 Lac kms on my polo and the engine has held up extremely well. Apart from a timing belt change and a couple of other stuff, I have not faced any problems with my engine. I agree on the vibrations aspect that the 3 cylinders have and which in turn means more wear and tear. But, my experience has been extremely pleasant!
anuragverma666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 10:47   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Shreejith Kumar shares this:

Details awaited.
Any details on how the accident h happned in first place? Looks like a slow tumble possibly due to the terrain. Still it's commendable how the roof has held up and kept all occupants safe.
Old 24th January 2018, 12:06   #651
BHPian

Guys i had posted a query last week but nobody answered thus keeping me in more dilemma and confused state.I am posting the same message again and i hope this time around good samaritans will come to my rescue.

I am going to book Nexon next week and i have received rave reviews about the car and its infotainment system. I just would like to know from people who are using this car already that are we able to watch videos in car after connecting a usb drive to the USB port and what if i connect my phone which has videos in it to the infotainment system, will i be able to play them on the car screen. Plus if i have a live tv app in my phone and i connect my phone to the system will live tv play on the screen of car.
Old 24th January 2018, 12:08   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Would really like to know the cause though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Pillars and part of roof looks intact, could be a slow speed tumble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Any details on how the accident h happned in first place?
The OP's subsequent replies:

(This happened on a new road which connects Marcel to Old Goa.)

Quote:
Stone entered between tyre an disc resulting... Puncture.... Lost control... Still managed but about to hit a lady... Skipped car to road side were I dropped in a dip an car flipped...
Quote:
Speed was between 60 to 80... To avoid collusion with opposite Tata ace.... I took car out of road... Tyre puncture due to stone got stuck between tyre an rim.. But took into control.. My bad luck a lady walking opposite side... So to save her .. Turn car other side of road... An car dropped in a dip an car flipped off
Quote:
But I saved a lady walking opposite side.... As the reason my car flipped off.....
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 12:45   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I just would like to know from people who are using this car already that are we able to watch videos in car after connecting a usb drive to the USB port and what if i connect my phone which has videos in it to the infotainment system, will i be able to play them on the car screen. Plus if i have a live tv app in my phone and i connect my phone to the system will live tv play on the screen of car.
IIRC, As per the rules in our country (and abroad), playing videos in the car while in motion is not allowed. And I don't think any car with an AVN system will play videos (irrespective of the source) when the car is in motion, atleast in my Verna, the moment I disengage the handbrake, the video stops playing with a warning stating "playing videos while driving is not allowed".

Other Nexon owners might be able to confirm my statement.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 13:29   #654
BHPian

Quote:
The OP's subsequent replies:

(This happened on a new road which connects Marcel to Old Goa.)
Considering the speed was 60-80 the car has taken the damage well. Glad to know the occupants are safe even without the airbags being deployed. Kudos to Tata.

My Cousin who was among Chief Test Drivers for Fiat and Tata once said.
Quote:
Tata cars are like tank they only give up if you do not have fuel, yes you may have niggles/issues/problems but the car will still be drivable.

Last edited by theMAG : 24th January 2018 at 16:54. Reason: Typo fixed. "Chef" = "Chief"
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 13:42   #655
BHPian

Quote:

My Cousin who was among Chef Test Driver's for Fiat and Tata once said.

Tata cars are like tank they only give up if you do not have fuel, yes you may have niggles/issues/problems but the car will still be drivable.
+1 to that. And that's the basic requirement - the car should never get you stranded in middle of the road, provided you have basic maintenance in place. Tata cars never fail you, it would frustrate you with multiple minor niggles and rattles here and there, but just keep going.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 15:02   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I am going to book Nexon next week and i have received rave reviews about the car and its infotainment system. I just would like to know from people who are using this car already that are we able to watch videos in car after connecting a usb drive to the USB port and what if i connect my phone which has videos in it to the infotainment system, will i be able to play them on the car screen. Plus if i have a live tv app in my phone and i connect my phone to the system will live tv play on the screen of car.
Yes,you will be able to watch videos by connecting a usb drive into the USB slot. But video will play only when you are stationary.

There are people who have installed a third party app to watch the youtube videos using the developer mode in Android Auto. Do mind that this is by bypassing the default security measures of Android Auto.

Till now, I am not able to play video from my phone using the Android Auto (don't have the provision I think) or the videos stored in my phone.
Live TV app also won't be working with the Nexon infotainment unit.

Hope this clears your doubt.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 17:25   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the speed was 60-80 the car has taken the damage well. Glad to know the occupants are safe even without the airbags being deployed. Kudos to Tata.
Occupants were :- the OP who was driving, his wife and his 2 children - a five-year-old son and a seven-month-old son.

All escaped unhurt.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 20:05   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All escaped unhurt.
More at cartoq.com. The owner as well as the website are full of praise for Nexon.

Some excerpts:

Quote:
Generally, car owners are extremely upset after crashes, and understandably so. Exceptions do exist though. A Nexon owner, in this case Shreejith Kumar of Goa, who was recently involved in a crash that saw his brand new compact SUV rolling over, actually thanked Tata Motors.
Quote:
Thankfully, Mr. Kumar and his young family in the Nexon escaped without a single scratch. He adds that no third party (in this case the people in the Tata Ace and the woman on the road) was injured in this crash. Currently, the Tata Nexon is at a dealership, awaiting repairs.
Quote:
...the compact SUV seems to have taken the impact quite well. The roof hasn’t caved in, and the doors including the hatch lid were operable even after the crash. All in all, the solid build of the Nexon is likely to have saved the day for Mr. Kumar and family.
dailydriver is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 21:48   #659
BHPian

One basic question - Did all of the passengers wearing the seat belt?
Old 24th January 2018, 22:11   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Yes,you will be able to watch videos by connecting a usb drive into the USB slot. But video will play only when you are stationary.

There are people who have installed a third party app to watch the Youtube videos using the developer mode in Android Auto. Do mind that this is by bypassing the default security measures of Android Auto.

Till now, I am not able to play video from my phone using the Android Auto (don't have the provision I think) or the videos stored in my phone.
Live TV app also won't be working with the Nexon infotainment unit.

Hope this clears your doubt.
Thanks a lot jithudigitise for the valuable feedback. You have cleared my doubts to a great extent now. However i did not understand by using a 3rd party app for watching videos. Does the 3rd party app help in watching videos on the move? How does a 3rd party app work in such a scenario can you please shed more light over it. If an app can help us watch You Tube videos i guess it will surely help in watching live tv too since the technology is the same and what compromises have to be made in Android Auto security in such a case, can you please describe so that it helps me and others to clear our doubts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks