Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2018, 20:25   #751
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
Also I feel you're lucky enough to see the car as my dealer are saying that car will come to the showroom only after realisation of full payment and that I can have the pre-registration checks on the same day
This is really unprofessional and sheer black mailing on part of the dealer. No dealer can force a customer to buy the car even if the initial booking has been made. Its only a mal practice the dealer is indulging in and you should not fall for that come what may. Its better you complain to the higher ups at Tata and let them know how dealers are trying to give a bad name to Tata by indulging in bad market practices. Surely they will help and pull up the dealer for not fulfilling there commitment.
Old 6th February 2018, 20:55   #752
BHPian

I am having a peculiar issue, not sure if anyone else is having this same issue.
I get awesome response in all gears except 4th gear. The torque delivery that I get post 1500 or 1600 rpm, is not there in 4rth gear. In 4th gear, the output is very linear and post 1500 rpm it goes up very slowly and after 2000rpm it opens up and gives me torque. Even in 6th gear I get same output as other gears except 4th gear where it pulls clean from 1500 to 1600 rpm.
Any thoughts on this? Mine is xz+ Diesel. Same issue on city and sports mode.
Initially I thought it is only when the engine is cold and have to heat up more but it happens all the time.
Old 6th February 2018, 21:14   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
I am having a peculiar issue, not sure if anyone else is having this same issue.
I get awesome response in all gears except 4th gear. The torque delivery that I get post 1500 or 1600 rpm, is not there in 4rth gear. In 4th gear, the output is very linear and post 1500 rpm it goes up very slowly and after 2000rpm it opens up and gives me torque. Even in 6th gear I get same output as other gears except 4th gear where it pulls clean from 1500 to 1600 rpm.
Any thoughts on this? Mine is xz+ Diesel. Same issue on city and sports mode.
Initially I thought it is only when the engine is cold and have to heat up more but it happens all the time.
Not an issue i have heard about so far and i am sure most of the people on this thread will agree with me on it. If there is no issue in torque delivery in other gears i am a bit perplexed why this is happening in only the 4th gear. Have you got your car checked at Tata or not. It surely could be spotted and sorted out i feel when they connect the simulator to your car for monitoring. I feel the torque converter is the culprit here which is not able to judge the throttle response in a particular gear. I am no expert but this is my guess. Its better you get your car checked by Tata service centre.
Old 6th February 2018, 21:23   #754
BHPian

Ty Syed on your thought. I am facing this from the beginning. I got my 1st service done during 1500km and now odo is at 2600km. I really did not open it up to the TASS folks because I am little worried whether they will play around with my new car and spoil something. So I thought of waiting to take it on a hill post 2nd service and also till the oil change in the 3rd service. I'll update on this issue later if I have anything.
Old 6th February 2018, 21:47   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I get awesome response in all gears except 4th gear. The torque delivery that I get post 1500 or 1600 rpm, is not there in 4rth gear. In 4th gear, the output is very linear and post 1500 rpm it goes up very slowly and after 2000rpm it opens up and gives me torque.
Again, what are the vehicle speeds at at 1500 rpm & at 2000 rpm ?
Old 6th February 2018, 21:55   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Ty Syed on your thought. I am facing this from the beginning. I got my 1st service done during 1500km and now odo is at 2600km. I really did not open it up to the TASS folks because I am little worried whether they will play around with my new car and spoil something. So I thought of waiting to take it on a hill post 2nd service and also till the oil change in the 3rd service. I'll update on this issue later if I have anything.

I don't think you need to worry about your car when its with Tata service centre. If they cant fix the issue nobody else can and i am sure they won't mess up your car as they are the experts and know a thing or two about your car. There are more chances of your car getting messed up by people outside of Tata. Your car is under warranty and Tata will get it fixed for free surely even if they have to replace anything on it and rest assured the spares used will be genuine. If you have damaged anything on your car while driving then you might have pay if the part was fine initially. Also i would suggest you should get it fixed soon because there are chances the delay can cause further damage to the torque converter if it has issues in the first place. I feel if not Tata then nobody else can take good care of your car.
Old 6th February 2018, 22:21   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Again, what are the vehicle speeds at at 1500 rpm & at 2000 rpm ?
I'll check tonight and will update here.

Ty Syed for your motivating words. Sure, I'll look into this sooner than I thought I should.
Old 6th February 2018, 22:39   #758
BHPian

The performance of the vehicle is fantastic, especially in speeds over 100. Out of the 3 modes, sports is the best a d most suited. Both Eco and City are very laggy and fail to pull the car.

Currently, I'm getting between 8 to 9.5 in Bangalore city bumper to bumper traffic. This is with sports mode alone. What actually made me book this instead of the ecosport was the steering dynamics. It feels so light and agile.

The vehicle is quite powerful too. There was lots of news on the internet which claimed that the vehicle fails to get off the mark etc, but this is not the case. In sports mode, it is fun to drive and past the 2k rpm mark, you are unstoppable.

In terms of power to weight ratio nexon is 89 hp per tonne, while the ecosport is 92 hp per tonne. Torque to weight ratio, the former whoops the latter with 137 and 117 respectively.

Also, special mention about the music system and interiors. They are class apart.
sahas83 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 23:03   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Also i would suggest you should get it fixed soon because there are chances the delay can cause further damage to the torque converter if it has issues in the first place. I feel if not Tata then nobody else can take good care of your car.
Does the Nexon Auto come with a torque converter?
Old 6th February 2018, 23:23   #760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
It's going to be an AMT unit and not the torque converter one
Old 7th February 2018, 00:27   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Automatic cars don't get torque converter as far as I know. Its the manual transmission vehicles which get a torque converter.
Old 7th February 2018, 00:58   #762
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Automatic cars don't get torque converter as far as I know. Its the manual transmission vehicles which get a torque converter.
You are incorrect. Do read up on the forum.

AMT - Automated Manual Transmission
DCT - Dual Clutch Transmission
CVT - Constant Variable Transmission and
TC - Torque Converter Transmission
are all types of Automatic transmission.

Nexon will get an AMT.
EcoSport AT has a TC now and earlier it was a DCT.
Honda cars generally get a CVT historically

AMT are cheapest / least fun and most cars below 8L seem to be getting these right now. All generally manufactured by a Fiat Group Company.
DCT are best / smoothest / fastest and most expensive.
TC are generally most reliable and moderate price and fun wise.
CVTs are smooth but have a rubber band effect.

Last edited by ACM : 7th February 2018 at 01:04.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 01:13   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
You are incorrect. Do read up on the forum.

AMT - Automated Manual Transmission
DCT - Dual Clutch Transmission
CVT - Constant Variable Transmission and
TC - Torque Converter Transmission
are all types of Automatic transmission.

Nexon will get an AMT.
EcoSport AT has a TC now and earlier it was a DCT.
Honda cars generally get a CVT historically

AMT are cheapest / least fun and most cars below 8L seem to be getting these right now. All generally manufactured by a Fiat Group Company.
DCT are best / smoothest / fastest and most expensive.
TC are generally most reliable and moderate price and fun wise.
CVTs are smooth but have a rubber band effect.

Thanks a lot for the information. Wasn't aware about the transmission types. You have cleared many doubts for me and i really appreciate that.
Old 7th February 2018, 06:59   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
CVT - Constant Variable Transmission.
Just a small correction. CVT is "continuous variable transmission" not 'constant variable transmission'.
Old 7th February 2018, 07:43   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Tata dispatched a healthy 4917 units in January.. Slowly but steadily gathering strength!
With the launch of AMT in both Petrol & Diesel versions at the Auto Expo 2018, I think it will claim the 2nd spot in this segment, very easily. I expect it to give a good fight to the segment leader, the Maruti Vitara Brezza.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks