Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 08:07   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

My Nexon is getting a shiny, long-lasting and maintenance-free makeover from the product development team at 3M. Has been under wraps from couple of days now. Tonight is the unveil!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5349.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 08:53   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My Nexon is getting a shiny, long-lasting and maintenance-free makeover from the product development team at 3M. Has been under wraps from couple of days now. Tonight is the unveil!
Wow! Looks like your car will be the first in India to get some sort of new surface treatment! Cant wait to see the results.
Hope its not too expensive and you turn out to be a pioneer of a great new car care treatment!!
Old 15th February 2018, 09:00   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tonight is the unveil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Wow! Looks like your car will be the first in India to get some sort of new surface treatment!
Guessing this is the 3M Hyper shield ceramic coating

Sebring - can you post a consolidated list of all treatments/coating along with price details that are currently protecting your car.

Last edited by procrj : 15th February 2018 at 09:01.
Old 15th February 2018, 09:24   #799
BHPian

Quote:

Sebring - can you post a consolidated list of all treatments/coating along with price details that are currently protecting your car.
And the place as well where you got the treatment done. Will be of great help for the fellow Bangalore based TBHPians too.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:25   #800
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Bro. Treated my Nexon to a high gloss treatment at 3M, RMV Bangalore outlet. Ended it with Hypershield to protect it from dust and stains. The result is there for you to see

Quote:
Wow! Looks like your car will be the first in India to get some sort of new surface treatment! Cant wait to see the results.
Hope it's not too expensive and you turn out to be a pioneer of a great new car care treatment!!
My car is protected with Hypershield. Dirt and stains just glide off. Bumpers got PPF (durable plastic film).

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Guessing this is the 3M Hyper shield ceramic coating

I'm getting all this done at 3M, RMV Outlet. This is the BEL road. The staff there are simply great showing lot of commitment and the owner Amit, very gracious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
And the place as well where you got the treatment done. Will be of great help for the fellow Bangalore based TBHPians too.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5374.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 11:34   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bro. Treated my Nexon to a high gloss treatment at 3M, RMV Bangalore outlet. Ended it with Hypershield to protect it from dust and stains. The result is there for you to see .
Looks awesome; like a car in an ad shoot

Your car had the paint protection film installed on the bumpers mirrors etc. Did you get this new treatment done on top of the film or did they remove it for this treatment?
Old 16th February 2018, 11:47   #802
Senior - BHPian

Ideally its either this or that. The PPF glue wont stick on the Hypershield. So we covered areas which are not PPF protected. Attaching close up pic of bumper with PPF intact.

Look fwd to meeting you when you visit Bangalore

Quote:
Looks awesome; like a car in an ad shoot

Your car had the paint protection film installed on the bumpers mirrors etc. Did you get this new treatment done on top of the film or did they remove it for this treatment?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5368.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 12:10   #803
BHPian

Quote:
My car is protected with Hypershield. Dirt and stains just glide off. Bumpers got PPF (durable plastic film).
I'm getting all this done at 3M, RMV Outlet. This is the BEL road. The staff there are simply great showing lot of commitment and the owner Amit, very gracious.
Thanks for sharing mate. Your car looks unreal now.
Could you help with the Hypershield pricing please?
And will the owner at RMV help with contacts of other branches where this treatment is done.
Old 16th February 2018, 12:26   #804
Senior - BHPian

Sure. Pricing is good compared to anything available in the market.
Treatment starts at 13K + tax for a small car. Single treatment has 2 coats.
They also offer Hypershield Maintenance Package where 2 additional coats are applied after 6 months. Starts at 21K + tax for small car.

Amit, the owner at RMV will certainly help if you need contacts. Good luck!

Quote:
Thanks for sharing mate. Your car looks unreal now.
Could you help with the Hypershield pricing please?
And will the owner at RMV help with contacts of other branches where this treatment is done.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 13:19   #805
BHPian

Hi All,

The issue with my rims protruding out as shown in the pics I shared earlier was rectified. I went and up sized by tire to Good year armor grip 205,60,R16. I did not want to go for 215 as I felt it the tires will bulge outside the cars body and will ruin its aesthetics.

Now, how good an upsize is 205,60,R16. What benefit will I see by this 10 mm increase in width? The stock came with 195, 60, R16. I will post some photos later this weekend.
sahas83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 13:39   #806
BHPian

Finally got the puddle lamps which project the Tata Logo on the ground. Looks cool. The car purchase transaction is now complete.

Got called for a campaign request to check the remote key, the headlamp insulator pad, battery cover check and one more mysterious pad.

The headlight pad is similar to the one posted by Sebring. The key pad is slightly different. I hope it fixes my key battery draining issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20180216_114708.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20180216_114950.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20180216_131015.jpg  

Kommandogerät is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 14:07   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
Finally got the puddle lamps which project the Tata Logo on the ground. Looks cool. The car purchase transaction is now complete.
Nice one. I noticed you also have an illuminated scuff plate installed. I'm planning on the same. Just wanted to enquire if they are only for front like set of two or for all four doors.
Please help with few pics if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th February 2018, 14:07   #808
BHPian

Guys i will be taking delivery of my Nexon White dual tone Petrol in 10 days time so its getting really exciting for me and my family. However I have a question to ask my fellow Nexon owners here.

Since the car has drive modes depending upon the traffic congestion and power required what should be the ideal mode for city traffic. City mode i heard is a perfect mix between power and economy but might be a bit slow to get off the mark so i am not sure its the best mode to drive in city start stop traffic. I feel Sports mode is ideal due to its brisk pace and quick adaptability in city but need help and suggestions from my fellow Nexon owners in this regard.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 14:27   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Nice one. I noticed you also have an illuminated scuff plate installed. I'm planning on the same. Just wanted to enquire if they are only for front like set of two or for all four doors.
Please help with few pics if possible.
Thanks in advance.
The scuff plates are only for the front doors. While they look impressive, two things keep on nagging me. One is the small exposed part of the wire between the plates and the door frame.(You can see it in the pics) and the other is me constantly wondering if the lights on the scuff plates shut down after sometime or keep on running all the time. It is only after seeing the puddle lamps go off after closing the door, that I am feeling a little less uneasy.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20180216_141416.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20180216_141522.jpg  

Kommandogerät is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 17:32   #810
BANNED

Just took a test drive of Nexon diesel. Man, I’m blown away. If you had put me blindfolded inside Nexon and there were no clues to the maker, I wouldn’t have believed if I was told it was a TATA vehicle. After driving, I have fallen in love with this car. Exceptional vehicle, every single person who is looking for a car in this segment should definitely take a test drive without bias. Brezza and Ecosport feel so crude after driving this. Wish I were in the market for a new car!

Nexon has not recieved the success it deserves. Many of my friends are even hesitant to test drive Nexon. For them I have only thing to say, you guys are making a BIG MISTAKE.
The Rationalist is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks