Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 21st February 2018, 23:57   #856
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Guys,
After lot of TDs and reviews I have booked Nexon out of Brezza, Ecosport and TUV 300. Can any one please suggest if its worth going for the AMC or P2P schemes.
Old 22nd February 2018, 00:26   #857
BHPian

Try get the gold amc complimentary. 😬 a little push with the Sales representative can yield you good returns. Also guys any update and guidance on my mileage issues?
Old 22nd February 2018, 02:09   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Now can some gurus share some tips on how to improve fuel efficiency of my nexon petrol? I reside in Bangalore and the vehicle gives me 8.5 with ac in bumper to bumper traffic, I hardly cross 50. The mode In use is city. I was informed the mileage will improve after competition of first 1000kms but it was not the case. Please advise.
Not a guru, but I have been in a similar situation with a different petrol car and I can say that mileage will gradually increase after you have driven the car for 4-5k kms. Just make sure that you do the run-in of the new engine nice and easy and don't drive the engine above 2500 rpm.

I had started with 8.5-9kmpl in Bangalore and now get around 13kmpl inside the city.

Also check how is the mileage on the highway. In my case I was getting 9kmpl in city and 20kmpl on highways, which meant there wasn't any issue with the engine.

Hope this helps.
ayankm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 12:39   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Bookings for the AMT variants are now being accepted at Tata dealerships for a token amount of Rs 11,000/-.

Expect the launch by the third week of March. Tata Motors will confirm the exact date very soon.
Thanks Avi! Dealers in which city are taking the AMT bookings? Any pointers to dealers in NCR region who are taking the booking?
Old 22nd February 2018, 14:51   #860

In the early part of January, I had seen 2 camouflaged Nexon being driven around F.C. Road Pune. One of them had the Shark-Fin antennae, the other had the stubby rod. I assumed they were different versions and since they were camouflaged, that they could be AMT. I myself was in my Blue DT Nexon so was quite curious to know what is being tested. I fortunately landed up on a Signal with both the cars being on either side of me, which is uncharacteristic since I have almost always seen most such pair of cars drive one behind the other.

What is noteworthy here is that while one had Sharkfin antennae and other the stub, both of them had the Floating touchscreen infotainment system which I could very clearly make out as the screens were glowing making their presence obvious during the dark of night. I couldn't make out the Gear knob in the dark, else things would have been very clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
Unless I woke up too late, these kits have something for XZ variant also. Has it been launched? Any info on XZ feature breakup? Don't think it has been launched yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Interesting.

Tata Nexon AMT Variant The Nexon AMT will be available in the top variant XZ+ and will be known as XZA in the compact SUV. Even the Tata Tiago AMT is offered on the top trim with the XZA badge, so we expect the company to follow the same with the Nexon as well.
So, my guess is that it may be an XZ version which had the ICE similar to XZ+, but the stubby antennae like the XT. If both of those cars were AMT, than TATA may be launching XZ as well as XZ+ versions of the Nexon AMT in the market.
parag.agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 23:53   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Not a guru, but I have been in a similar situation with a different petrol car and I can say that mileage will gradually increase after you have driven the car for 4-5k kms. Just make sure that you do the run-in of the new engine nice and easy and don't drive the engine above 2500 rpm.

I had started with 8.5-9kmpl in Bangalore and now get around 13kmpl inside the city.

Also check how is the mileage on the highway. In my case I was getting 9kmpl in city and 20kmpl on highways, which meant there wasn't any issue with the engine.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, city mileage is right now 8.7 in MID and on highway it shows around 14-14.5 with AC on. The funny part is, I get better mileage in City & Sports mode and there is no increase in mileage on Eco.

Like you said, I am praying and keeping fingers crossed for the mileage to slowly increase. I am also not crossing 2.5k RPM during gear shifts. It will be sent for servicing shortly too.
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:57   #862
Senior - BHPian

The car is now easy to maintain after 3M Hypershield treatment. Dust doesn't settle, nor do liquids. Just one wipe with a good quality Micro Fiber cloth - folded multiple times, does the trick.

Ordered the sturdy and classy number plates online from Movell, looks good on my 'Mini Landie'. Costs Rs 599 and highly recommend it. Mileage (Diesel) was at 22KMPL, but for some reason has now dropped to around 18. Nexon remains as glitch-free as ever giving the best ride comfort!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_5882.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 08:37   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
...Ordered the sturdy and classy number plates online from Movell, looks good on my 'Mini Landie'. Costs Rs 599 and highly recommend it. ...
Thanks, and looks good!

Questions:
Do the plates come with holes for mounting? I'd imagine different car models have different specs for the holes (size as well as position). Does the Movell online ordering process ask for the specific make/model/year of the car, so that they know where to make the holes?

Lastly, the Movell online ordering process has an option for frames. What is the advantage of a frame for the license plate?
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:09   #864
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy. To answer: No holes for mounting. Frame is widely used abroad, it gives a neater look thats all.

Only thing is since its in Kerala I'm guessing production does get disrupted due to labour issues. Mine was delayed. So Keep a week aside for delivery.

They have dedicated channels to answer every query, try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Thanks, and looks good!
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:25   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Ordered the sturdy and classy number plates online from Movell, looks good on my 'Mini Landie'. Costs Rs 599 and highly recommend it.
Isn't it mandatory now to have high security number plates that are fitted at the RTO itself.? Here in Hyderabad that is the case. The number plate is fixed at the time of assigning the registration number.
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:36   #866
Senior - BHPian

Not in Bangalore as far as I know. HSRP was supposed to be introduced few years back. Thats as safe as it could be. Lets hope the authorities wake up and take this huge step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Isn't it mandatory now to have high security number plates that are fitted at the RTO itself.? Here in Hyderabad that is the case. The number plate is fixed at the time of assigning the registration number.
Old 23rd February 2018, 21:25   #867
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors, along with its distributor, Sipradi Trading Pvt. Ltd announced its entry into the growing Compact SUV segment in Nepal with the commercial launch of the Tata NEXON. It is Tata Motors fourth product based on the Impact Design philosophy. It has been launched at an introductory price of NPR 32,75,000 for the petrol variant and NPR 41,55,000 for the diesel variant and the vehicle is available for sale in 20 authorized sales outlets across Nepal.

Source: news18.com
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 21:42   #868
BHPian

Came across the second issue with my Nexon Petrol XM.

When I use the key and turn it to ON just before before ignition, I see this line coming in the information display. This slowly disappears/fades away once the car is started and is in motion. Only happens when I start the car after 1 day break. Any experts advise what this is? Should i be worried? Attached pic.
Attached Images

Old 25th February 2018, 10:29   #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Came across the second issue with my Nexon Petrol XM.

When I use the key and turn it to ON just before before ignition, I see this line coming in the information display. This slowly disappears/fades away once the car is started and is in motion. Only happens when I start the car after 1 day break. Any experts advise what this is? Should i be worried? Attached pic.
That's not an issue Sahas. That is low coolant temp light . When you start the engine , the coolant is in ambient temperature. As you start driving the car , the coolant temp rises and reaches the operating temp . Then the blue light goes off.
Nothing to worry about as long as the light goes off after a while.
Old 25th February 2018, 11:58   #870
BHPian

I should have highlighted the line in the photo. Please see below again and advise.
Attached Images

Most Viewed