Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2018, 10:01   #886
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hello MODS: Not Sure if this is the right thread, hence please feel free to move/delete the post as required;

Looks like Nexon as already caught the eyes of the car modifiers. As per the latest article from Cartoq, the first modified Nexon is out on streets.
The modifications are done only to the exteriors; LED DRLs, Projector fog lamps etc. etc. No mention of anything done inside the cabin. Additionally nothing done under the hood either.

Don't want to comment if the mods are good or wacky, we have dedicated threads for them.

Images available at the following link
https://www.cartoq.com/indias-first-...t-suv-is-here/

Text Extracts from the article
**(All rights/credits reserved to the original owner at www.Cartoq.Com)**

Glad to read that bookings 6 speed AMT has started.

Quote:

Tata Motors’ hottest and latest car – the Nexon sub-4 meter compact SUV – comes with a love-it/hate-it design, stuff that you just can’t ignore. Someone’s already given the Nexon a makeover, and it does look quite a bit different from the stock version.

This Nexon has been done up by Modsters Automotive of Chennai. Changes aren’t extensive and are mainly to do with the SUV’s exteriors. The bumper insert goes red at the front and the rear, and the red contrast paint job also makes it to the wing mirrors and the C-Pillar.

The modified Nexon also gets side skirts, which give it a slightly lowered stance. The modified compact SUV also runs projector fog lamps with daytime LED surrounds. This is pretty much it in terms of design changes. Under the hood, there are no mechanical changes as well.

The Nexon is now one of Tata Motors’ best selling car, behind the Tiago in terms of total sales. The sub-4 meter compact SUV takes on the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport. Sharp pricing and a radical new design are two of the Nexon’s biggest strengths. Prices of this sub-4 meter compact SUV start from Rs. 5.99 lakhs, making it the lowest priced offering in its segment. Tata Motors sells both petrol and diesel versions of the Nexon, currently available only with manual gearboxes.

Tata will add 6 speed AMT options to both petrol and diesel engines. The Nexon AMTs will be launched soon, and bookings are already open at Tata dealerships across the country. The petrol powered Nexon uses a 1.2 liter turbocharged engine with 108 Bhp-170 Nm while the diesel motor is a 1.5 liter turbocharged unit with class leading 108 Bhp-260 Nm outputs. 6 speed manual gearboxes are standard. The AMT variants of the Nexon will get creep and kickdown modes, and could also gain a hill-hold assist. The Nexon AMT was shown at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 28th February 2018 at 10:08.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 12:51   #887
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone been able to source silicone key case for xz+ please? It isn't available on the internet.
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:45   #888
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragverma666 View Post
I just got off a call with the Moti Nagar (Delhi) dealership Tata Autovikas. I have prepared the 11k booking cheque to book the top end Diesel Nexon AMT variant (White Dual Tone). I have been confirmed that the booking is 100% refundable and the test drive vehicle should soon arrive at the dealership once Tata officially launches the car. They are expecting deliveries of the AMT to start in early April. I will test drive the AMT to my satisfaction before going ahead!

Feeling a little nervous since I have been a VW Polo user for ~7.5 years now (~3 Lakhs) on the ODO. Although I know that the Nexon is the perfect replacement upgrade for me (I have been following the launch for more than 2 years now), I am still getting some jitters to shift to TATA from VW!
Even I'm in the same boat, just booked the AMT diesel top variant in the launch color. The dealer has promised me one from the first lot.
Never owned a Tata car before so fingers are crossed. I did take a test drive of the Tiago which I think has a similar AMT box, even you can do the same. To my amazement, there is no "P" position in the Tiago but the dealer promised that it will be there in the Nexon AMT. Let's wait and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Yesterday I went to Concorde at Mohan Cooperative Delhi and the SA denied taking the booking for AMT. He even went ahead and indicated we will not take it and any others who are taking are just holding the customers. He even did not share any news unofficially also.
This is true, even now many dealers in Mumbai are maintaining that the official booking has not started. One of the major dealers turned me away but was happy to keep my booking amount cheque and promised to enter it in the system once the bookings start officially. Another dealer informed me that the bookings are currently being entered in the system as a regular Nexon (Manual) and the dealers who are accepting the bookings will switch the same to AMT later. God (or Tata Motors) only knows what the truth is.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:43   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
To my amazement, there is no "P" position in the Tiago but the dealer promised that it will be there in the Nexon AMT. Let's wait and watch.
AMT is just a step above manual transmission. So when you stop the car in 'A' (Drive) mode the car is actually in gear (as any other manual car) and does not move. So I assume there is no need for a 'P' in AMT.
Wondering why the dealer promised about having a 'P'.
DSG or CVT on the other hand have 'P'.

You can read more about AMT here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uzz-india.html

Here is the auto expo review on nexon AMT with a picture of gear console. It has no 'P' on it.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-nexon-am...etails-489583/

UB

Last edited by UB_007 : 2nd March 2018 at 12:51. Reason: Nexom AMT autoexpo link updated
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 13:21   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
So when you stop the car in 'A' (Drive) mode the car is actually in gear (as any other manual car) and does not move.
In my uncle's Celerio AGS, I would always switch to the N mode whenever I stop. No need to pull the handbrake on even ground.

I am fastidious about such things, be it in a manual or automatic. Inherited this habit from my driving instructor. My cousin mocks me whenever I downshift to Neutral in traffic and after parking.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2018 at 23:16. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:12   #891
Senior - BHPian

Nexon production crosses 25K mark!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon25k.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2018 at 23:17. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Latheesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 20:01   #892
Senior - BHPian

I got an invite for a nexon event from Concorde Chennai on Sunday and I am planning to attend the same with family. Full day event from 7:30 to 7:30. Breakfast and meeting at vgp golden beach injambakkam followed by a drive to green park hotel Vadapalani. Loads of entertainment events at green park, followed by lunch and then movie tickets to some movie at Vijaya mall Vadapalani.
Old 2nd March 2018, 23:15   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I got an invite for a nexon event from Concorde Chennai on Sunday and I am planning to attend the same with family. Full day event from 7:30 to 7:30. Breakfast and meeting at vgp golden beach injambakkam followed by a drive to green park hotel Vadapalani. Loads of entertainment events at green park, followed by lunch and then movie tickets to some movie at Vijaya mall Vadapalani.
Is this event related to the AMT launch?
Old 3rd March 2018, 09:26   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is this event related to the AMT launch?
No. It's a dealer level event for nexon customers. It is just a fun family event.

No one would invite existing customers for a launch. They would invite only prospective customers.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 12:56   #895
BHPian

Mods not sure if this s the right place. However in the last few weeks The only dealr for Tata Motors in Faridabad has closed down. The city has 2 honda dealers and a bmw dealer but none for Tata.

The nearest dealer is more than 20 km away in South delhi. And he is not interested in selling a car to me. I have called up customer care several times requesting a callback from that dealer. What to do?

P.s. Faridabad is Delhi NCR next to south of delhi.
Old 3rd March 2018, 16:00   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
Mods not sure if this s the right place. However in the last few weeks The only dealr for Tata Motors in Faridabad has closed down. The city has 2 honda dealers and a bmw dealer but none for Tata.

The nearest dealer is more than 20 km away in South delhi. And he is not interested in selling a car to me. I have called up customer care several times requesting a callback from that dealer. What to do?

A new dealership for Tata is opening in Faridabad. Will be having 3 showrooms. One is on the exact opposite side of Tayal Motors which is closed now. It will be opened by 20th march. One will be opened near Bata chowk and one in Palwal. All 3 are from the same group, Multitech.

Also, I believe the delhi dealer you are talking about is Concorde motors on Mathura road. I bought my Tiago from them in Jan. If you want I can give you the number of my SA over there who was quite cooperative.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:28   #897
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
AMT is just a step above manual transmission. So when you stop the car in 'A' (Drive) mode the car is actually in gear (as any other manual car) and does not move. So I assume there is no need for a 'P' in AMT.
Wondering why the dealer promised about having a 'P'.
DSG or CVT on the other hand have 'P'.

You can read more about AMT here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uzz-india.html

Here is the auto expo review on nexon AMT with a picture of gear console. It has no 'P' on it.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-nexon-am...etails-489583/

UB
Thanks, that clarifies. Although I understand the logic behind it now but I do have a habit of putting it in 'P' mode every now and then instead of using the handbrake, especially at those never ending red lights, so will have to see if the experience is similar in Nexon. For one, I don't think the Tiago would stop when in 'D' even without any accelerator. I guess this has to do with the 'creep' function.

Worse case scenario, it will have to be Handbrake in "D" or 'N' + Handbrake, which is not very convenient.
Old 4th March 2018, 12:48   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Some tidbits related to the Nexon:

- The new Etna Orange colour shade, exclusive to the Nexon AMT variants, might be offered in dual-tone grey roof & grey X-line on the boot lid and grey strips all around the car, instead of the white lines on other shades currently on offer. It makes the Orange shade look less flashy overall.

- The Nexon diesel MT (possibly XZ+) will be updated to include the cruise control feature soon. It might not be a separate launch event. Could be clubbed with the AMT launch, or might be brought in at a later date (not confirmed yet). No news on this being included in the petrol XZ+ variant.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 14:19   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
However in the last few weeks The only dealr for Tata Motors in Faridabad has closed down. The city has 2 honda dealers and a bmw dealer but none for Tata.

I bought my Hexa from Pahwa Autoworld in Africa Avenue. The vehicle goes for service at their Okhla workshop. Their driver comes to pick the car up, and drops it back as well. No issues.

It's a good thing Tayal finally closed, it was long overdue. New one should be better.
Old 4th March 2018, 16:21   #900
BHPian

RavenAvi, please try your best to find if cruise control can be installed in the current model zx+ Diesel once it is launched. I would definitely go for it if it is possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks