Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 12:43   #916
BHPian
 
Syed Monis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 86
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Feb 2018 sales numbers
WRV 3364
Nexon 4163
Ecosport 5438
Brezza 11620
The sales have reduced surprisingly. I expected Nexon to break the 5K sales figure this month and maintain that figure for months to come knowing how good the product has been but not sure why the numbers have decreased. Even EcoSport's numbers have reduced. I think people are waiting for AMT of Nexon that is why the numbers have decreased. I hope i am right because this is giving me a bad signal about Nexon and now i feel apprehensive should i go ahead with my Nexon purchasing.
Syed Monis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 13:19   #917
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,501
Thanked: 3,339 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Feb 2018 sales numbers
WRV 3364
Nexon 4163
Ecosport 5438
Brezza 11620
Figures above are all more a reflection of the Brand Equity of Honda, TATA, Ford and Maruti as car manufacturers in India rather than a reflection of the car itself.

Feel Breeza gets a boost thanks to Maruti and EcoSport & Nexon both loose out on the same grounds.
ACM is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 08:56   #918
BHPian
 
speedguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
The sales have reduced surprisingly. I expected Nexon to break the 5K sales figure this month and maintain that figure for months to come knowing how good the product has been but not sure why the numbers have decreased. Even EcoSport's numbers have reduced. I think people are waiting for AMT of Nexon that is why the numbers have decreased. I hope i am right because this is giving me a bad signal about Nexon and now i feel apprehensive should i go ahead with my Nexon purchasing.
Not sure why your analogy is like this way! If you are going to purchase a car purely based on its sales numbers, then better way you go for Brezza.
I guess you are still caught up in "Chaar Log Kya kahenge" syndrome. Get over it
speedguy is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 10:22   #919
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 585
Thanked: 1,065 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
The sales have reduced surprisingly. I expected Nexon to break the 5K sales figure this month and maintain that figure for months to come knowing how good the product has been but not sure why the numbers have decreased. Even EcoSport's numbers have reduced. I think people are waiting for AMT of Nexon that is why the numbers have decreased. I hope i am right because this is giving me a bad signal about Nexon and now i feel apprehensive should i go ahead with my Nexon purchasing.
Would strongly suggest you to not go for Nexon. If you do, every time you read the sales charts or are faced with any issue with the car, you definitely will end up cursing your decision.
At the same time, if the same issue or an even serious one were to happen to a brezza, you would just attend to it and console yourself saying so many folks who bought brezza wouldn't have gone for it without reason.

Hence, as matters like sales and other's perceptions on your car seem to matter more than the very product, i think you would enjoy your ownership more with a Brezza!
abhi7013 is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 12:57   #920
BHPian
 
jithudigitised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 355
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
After few back to back test drives, have decided to go ahead with the NEXON. Will be booking the same tomorrow.
Here is my assessment / reasoning for the same. The vehicle will primarily be driven by my wife and naturally these are in alignment with her perspectives as well! Personally I prefer the Ecosport - feels quite mature IMO and a drivers' car, but NEXON edges past with the so called NOVELTY factor (young kid on the block deserves a chance!). So, its the NEXON Diesel.
You are wrong about the service interval of Nexon.

Its 15000 or 1 year for Nexon.
Please correct that, if its possible.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 13:05   #921
BHPian
 
Syed Monis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 86
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Would strongly suggest you to not go for Nexon. If you do, every time you read the sales charts or are faced with any issue with the car, you definitely will end up cursing your decision.
At the same time, if the same issue or an even serious one were to happen to a brezza, you would just attend to it and console yourself saying so many folks who bought brezza wouldn't have gone for it without reason.

Hence, as matters like sales and other's perceptions on your car seem to matter more than the very product, i think you would enjoy your ownership more with a Brezza!

Not sure why people are trying to bash me. Even i want Nexon to do well and in fact i already have a Brezza top model in my house but still decided to go with Nexon purely on the basis of how good the product is. It was way better than Brezza in all the departments,only thing Brezza has in its favor is the brand name Maruti nothing else. I myself want the monopoly of Maruti to end because many promising and good products have suffered due to mentatility of public as they dont have a Maruti brand name attached to them. Just that better sales numbers makes one feel more comfortable and satisfied with the choice they make. My family didn't approve of buying a TATA product due to bad past but i stuck to my decision since day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Not sure why your analogy is like this way! If you are going to purchase a car purely based on its sales numbers, then better way you go for Brezza.
I guess you are still caught up in "Chaar Log Kya kahenge" syndrome. Get over it
speedguy the way you described my comment was a bit not so cool and rude. I understand what you are trying to say but this could had been communicated in a much better way. As already mentioned above better sales numbers mean how well the product is selling and it gives even a more of a satisfaction when the sales are good and make you feel at ease and at peace too. More the sales more the people have accepted the product thus it helps in the longer run to get better service as well as better resale. It helps to improve the brand equity and perception among the masses. All i want is Nexon should be a huge success so that people can look beyond flimsy and poor quality products from Maruti. My family is against buying a TATA product for obvious reasons but i firmly believe the product should be given a chance if its worth it. I have gone ahead with Nexon only because of its better quality and value for money proposition irrespective of the brand it comes from.
Syed Monis is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 13:24   #922
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 585
Thanked: 1,065 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Not sure why people are trying to bash me. .
Apologies if you feel that way but my point was to advise you. No idea why you took it the other way though. Even now i would ask you to look elsewhere than TATA if your family feels against it. And my suggestions are purely from personal experience.
Anyways, hoping you convince your family and have a great ownership experience.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 13:36   #923
BHPian
 
speedguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
speedguy the way you described my comment was a bit not so cool and rude. I understand what you are trying to say but this could had been communicated in a much better way. As already mentioned above better sales numbers mean how well the product is selling and it gives even a more of a satisfaction when the sales are good and make you feel at ease and at peace too. More the sales more the people have accepted the product thus it helps in the longer run to get better service as well as better resale. It helps to improve the brand equity and perception among the masses. All i want is Nexon should be a huge success so that people can look beyond flimsy and poor quality products from Maruti. My family is against buying a TATA product for obvious reasons but i firmly believe the product should be given a chance if its worth it. I have gone ahead with Nexon only because of its better quality and value for money proposition irrespective of the brand it comes from.
Dear Syed, never wanted to hurt you personally. I wish to offer my apologies if you are hurt by my comment. As you said, you got my point then I need not explain it here furthermore.
About more sales number I must say you have to redefine 'more' for Tata Motors. An year ago nobody would have given a chance to TML to breath against the neck of M&M for 3rd spot, but they are doing it now. Sales number will not increase overnight. Take the case of Tiago. It was initially around 3 to 5K mark, but now consistently in the 6 to 8K bracket. Sales will grow gradually. Hope you got it what I am trying to put here.
Cheers
speedguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 15:49   #924
BHPian
 
Syed Monis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 86
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Apologies if you feel that way but my point was to advise you. No idea why you took it the other way though. Even now i would ask you to look elsewhere than TATA if your family feels against it. And my suggestions are purely from personal experience.
Anyways, hoping you convince your family and have a great ownership experience.
I accept your apology as there was not much to feel bad about. However i am in no way trying to change my mind to look somewhere else than owning a TATA product. My family is apprehensive for obvious reasons and they don't want me to take a decision in haste else i might rue it for my life but yes they did like the car very much and i like it even more. It's just that a person gets confused and has afterthoughts when your family members suggest otherwise and one starts to rethink the decisions. They are OK with my choice actually but they still think owning a TATA is a big risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Dear Syed, never wanted to hurt you personally. I wish to offer my apologies if you are hurt by my comment. As you said, you got my point then I need not explain it here furthermore.
About more sales number I must say you have to redefine 'more' for Tata Motors. An year ago nobody would have given a chance to TML to breath against the neck of M&M for 3rd spot, but they are doing it now. Sales number will not increase overnight. Take the case of Tiago. It was initially around 3 to 5K mark, but now consistently in the 6 to 8K bracket. Sales will grow gradually. Hope you got it what I am trying to put here.
Cheers
It's really OK and maybe i took it wrong. TATA is growing no doubt and more and more Tiago's are on the road than before thanks to quality product from TATA. It's just a perception in people's mind that TATA cant make good cars and that is where the fault lies with the psyche of masses. Technically speaking Nexon is doing quite well as Brezza has production in double shifts/plants thus each plant is producing around 6k cars per month and taking the total to around 12k Brezza's per month and on the other hand EcoSport and Nexon produce about 4k to 5k per month which is not bad at all considering Maruti has more than 50% market share. Leaving Maruti with just one production facility for Brezza , there numbers will be around 6k which is well matched by Nexon considering its a TATA product. Thanks anyways for your suggestion and help.
Syed Monis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 16:32   #925
BHPian
 
nijelj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore-Ktym
Posts: 380
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post

I had booked Nexon XZ+ Petrol White dual tone in february and was awaiting delivery by 1st March... Dealer has been very cooperative and understanding to be honest but i don't want the dealer to feel i am just trying to ruin their business by delaying the delivery and keeping the car standstill without me claiming it.

Any suggestions,people out here can give me tips/suggestions on how to take the delivery of my car without letting it slip away to another customer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
The sales have reduced surprisingly. I expected Nexon to break the 5K sales figure this month and maintain that figure for months to come... . I hope i am right because this is giving me a bad signal about Nexon and now i feel apprehensive should i go ahead with my Nexon purchasing.
Hope the sales guy is not following this thread. One day you seem committed to buying the car, another day you start withering based on the sales figure (not too bad considering other brands also not doing well,as pointed out by you). Today you are approx 50% committed. The sales guy's apprehension now seems justified. He really wouldn't know whether you are buying the car until you give him some rock solid indication

Now I feel I've stepped on your toes. So forgive me in advance,for I judged your intent, based on your posts. I may be wrong.

Last edited by nijelj : 8th March 2018 at 16:33.
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 16:36   #926
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,186
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Sales figure and steady/growing ones at that tell a lot about the ownership cost. Ask the people who bought a GM product. Always on huge discounts.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 17:06   #927
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Posts: 1,263
Thanked: 1,418 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I accept your apology as there was not much to feel bad about. However i am in no way trying to change my mind to look somewhere else than owning a TATA product. My family is apprehensive for obvious reasons and they don't want me to take a decision in haste else i might rue it for my life but yes they did like the car very much and i like it even more. It's just that a person gets confused and has afterthoughts when your family members suggest otherwise and one starts to rethink the decisions. They are OK with my choice actually but they still think owning a TATA is a big risk.
I suggest you go for the Brezza. That ways it saves the dealership the fuss and another deserving customer looking for a Nexon gets the car as well. You then have a Brezza and can be happy with Maruti's sales numbers.

So what exactly is stopping you buying the Brezza?

Remember the time you laid eyes on the Nexon and liked everything it offered, the very reason why despite all the historical drawbacks Tata cars have suffered! You decided Nexon was the car you wanted for the way it looked, the features it had and the value it offered. Those were the reasons you liked the Nexon and you should stick by them.

If the Nexon sold maruti's volumes, then it would be priced higher and might end up looking like a generic product, is that what you want?

If you simply wanted a safe choice then you would have taken delivery of a wagon r or Swift or zen or brezza long ago. No matter how long you wait the Nexon will not be a maruti product and in many ways thank God for that. For a maruti you will have to buy a maruti product itself. If that is what you wanted? Only issue is you will be driving a maruti and always wonder what it could have been driving the car you really wanted.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 18:39   #928
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: India
Posts: 281
Thanked: 755 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Technically speaking Nexon is doing quite well as Brezza has production in double shifts/plants thus each plant is producing around 6k cars per month and taking the total to around 12k Brezza's per month and on the other hand EcoSport and Nexon produce about 4k to 5k per month which is not bad at all considering Maruti has more than 50% market share. Leaving Maruti with just one production facility for Brezza , there numbers will be around 6k which is well matched by Nexon considering its a TATA product. Thanks anyways for your suggestion and help.
Syed,

Please take all these dispatch numbers with a pinch of reality.

1) MSIL has close to 1300 dealerships spread across 525 cities. Ford has 342 in close to 275 cities. Tata has close to 550 in 400 Cities. So even MSIL is doing close to 10 cars per dealer per month. same as Tata.

2) Ford in fact sells more per showroom. Now there are lots of reasons for it.

2.1) Within the segment, this car is considered the best in class overall by most reviewers(No debate on this please).
2.2) People looking at this segment generally are not short of cash to switch to a expensive one.
2.3) Ford had the first mover in the segment advantage and this is like the 3rd or 4th refresh so obviously they have improved a lot. Both Brezza and Nexon are on their first leg of journey.
2.4) Remember that initially it was a blockbuster and so there are so many repeat customers for Ecosport who will not look anywhere else.
2.5) Ecosport is the only one in with an autobox (a proper one at it) so others are losing out big time on it.

3) Sales figure of Nexon will see a upward trend as the general reception is positive. Introduction of AMT is also going to see a positive result.

4) TATA originally had only a conservative target of 3.5-4.5K for the car. I mean that is how they initially planned for production. The car obviously has not get the blockbuster reception as Tiago but TATA is very happy for now.

End of the day, I would suggest you to work more at positively convincing your immediate family members who matter the most to you and ignore others as just noise(Maybe Including me as well!). They are also going to be part of this journey and deserve equal right to opinion.

There are 2 types of purchases that usually happens.
1) Lots of brain storming before the purchase and a peaceful ownership.
2) Peaceful purchase without much ado and depressing ownership.
Be happy you are part of former. All the best for your selection.

Last edited by RaghuVis : 8th March 2018 at 18:44. Reason: Added a small line
RaghuVis is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 21:03   #929
BHPian
 
Syed Monis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Srinagar
Posts: 86
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Please take all these dispatch numbers with a pinch of reality.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate your time and patience and i guess you have been spot on with the way you described the point.

As i already said Nexon has been on my mind since a long time and i booked it after thorough research and reviews. Brezza was never in my list even if its selling like hot cakes but yes EcoSport gave me a tough time. Its just the more in less factor which came to my rescue and i finalized Nexon. Personally i didn't like the interiors of EcoSport as they looked boring and not that premium even though the build and plastic quality was a shade better than Nexon. I really want Nexon to do well and it really gives a pleasing and satisfying joy to people like me when the product you invest in is doing really well. 4K plus per month is not that bad considering Nexon has just been new in the market,its just that me and many like me want even better results bit too early and i thought it will surely cross 5K sales figure in February considering how good the car has been and how well it has been received.

As of now i am surely sticking to my decision of buying this car and the comment I had made earlier was just in context with the sales numbers only. People really thought i didn't want to buy Nexon which is totally untrue as i have loved the car since day one and want Nexon to be the crowd favourite and the best seller in its segment.

Last edited by ampere : 9th March 2018 at 09:57. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Syed Monis is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 06:59   #930
BHPian
 
discoverwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 852
Thanked: 1,557 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
i thought it will surely cross 5K sales figure in February considering how good the car has been and how well it has been received.
Compared to last year, Tata has seen an overall jump in despatches to the tune of over 40% in February. Details can be checked in the monthly sales post. February is also considered a slow month for most businesses especially cars, unless there have been new launches. Most purchases would have moved to January or March/April.

I do see more Nexons on the road now than earlier, even the Hexa. For Tata, it will always be the product that will sell itself, not the brand, unlike Maruti, Hyundai or Honda.

I expect the increase in sales to go up slowly and steadily like the Tiago. That would also be what Tata is looking for.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 2964 16th October 2017 11:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks