Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2018, 02:08   #1036
yuv
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hi All,

I'm 6 feet 2 inches tall, average weight and I could just not get into a comfortable position in the drivers seat of my friends top end Nexon. Is the drivers side really a bit cramped or is it just me?

Surprisingly, the passenger side was much more roomy.

Last edited by yuv : 29th March 2018 at 02:21. Reason: added word
Old 29th March 2018, 09:35   #1037
BHPian

The driver seat has height adjustment & i think its due to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Hi All,

I'm 6 feet 2 inches tall, average weight and I could just not get into a comfortable position in the drivers seat of my friends top end Nexon. Is the drivers side really a bit cramped or is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Lever to adjust the height is robust. Lumbar adjustment missing:

Driver’s seat has a healthy travel range. Here it is in the full forward & backward positions. Tall & short drivers alike will comfortably fit in:

Height adjustment range is also sufficient. Even with the seat in its highest position, I had an inch and a half of extra headroom. No issues there:
arif_t01 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 11:22   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am also a tall person and had similar observation when i tried to test drive the vehicle first time around. I felt my head was almost touching the roof which made me feel uncomfortable and disappointed at first but when i tried to sit at the co passenger seat i felt the head room was generous. Since it was bothering me too much i decided to go again for the test drive after 2 weeks and used the height adjustable lever more accurately to be absolutely sure things are fine and i got my clear answer.

First time around i did not use the height adjustable lever more properly and precisely as i was more eager to drive the car rather than finding the comfortable seating position but next time i gave it a good hard look and time to adjust my seat into a comfortable position to drive and i was happy with the results. Only thing you may not be more comfortable with is the view of the bonnet outside from your seat. The best thing about Brezza as well as the likes of EcoSport and Creta is that they give a commanding view of the road as well as the bonnet is visible to give you more precision and accuracy for narrow lanes. This is somewhat i missed in Nexon, though the outside view is great from the driver's seat.

You can check once again with the car what position suits you best and do you feel comfortable or not. Surprisingly i checked XM variant too which doesn't have a height adjustable seat and it looked more comfortable to sit in which clearly made me sure i didn't adjust my seat properly in the top end variant first time around.
Syed Monis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 11:35   #1039
BHPian

My Nexon delivery has been delayed by a week due to this long weekend and loan processing delays. I have decided to stick with SBI which is the best option despite recent rate hike and processing fee inclusions. In case of my Nano, i used to pay whatever extra amount I had and SBI has no prepayment charges.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 23:33   #1040
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
The driver seat has height adjustment & i think its due to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I am also a tall person and had similar observation when i tried to test drive the vehicle first time around.
Thanks for the pictures and detailed explanation.
My problem though was more with the length and breath in the drivers part of the cabin. While I was able to manage length by adjusting the seat for more leg space, the breath was found to be too narrow with the center console occupying too much space and my left knee kept hitting against it *ouch*. If i'm not mistaken, the center console also protrudes towards the drivers side on its way down. But then again, all these are observations from a single drive therefore I could easily be wrong. Will surely try once again after adjusting the height.

Last edited by yuv : 29th March 2018 at 23:36. Reason: Added point
Old 30th March 2018, 12:23   #1041
BHPian

Another incident which gives a fair idea how the build quality of this beast is:

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-nexon-co...build-quality/
Old 30th March 2018, 13:29   #1042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
Another incident which gives a fair idea how the build quality of this beast is:

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-nexon-co...build-quality/
Copied and pasted from my original post without even linking to it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...ml#post4378950

Even Rush Lane has done it earlier today, including copy-pasting my quoted post word-to-word, and they also had the shameless gall to argue with me over it on Twitter -

https://twitter.com/rushlane/status/979582508420362242

https://twitter.com/rushlane/status/979611675828670464

Read the replies in the above tweets.

Quote:
I am 6'0", and despite the steering wheel not having the telescopic feature, I felt completely at home. I adjusted the tilt adjustment all the way upwards, the seat-height lever to 2/3rds of the way up, and adjusted the to-fro slide of the driver seat backwards to a position where I could see the complete Speedo (including MID) clearly. There's plenty of space above my head and on both sides of my shoulders.

My only grouse is the seatbelt lock on the bottom left of the driver's seat, which gets difficult to reach once you are sitting. But once you are securely fastened and the car is on the move, you forget it.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th March 2018 at 13:36. Reason: added reply to yuv.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 16:25   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Copied and pasted from my original post without even linking to it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...ml#post4378950

Even Rush Lane has done it earlier today, including copy-pasting my quoted post word-to-word, and they also had the shameless gall to argue with me over it on Twitter -

https://twitter.com/rushlane/status/979582508420362242

https://twitter.com/rushlane/status/979611675828670464

Read the replies in the above tweets.
Hey Avinash,
Didn't notice you posted it in a different forum. Well I came across a 'Nexon' incident and was sad and happy at the same time as the build quality of the car impressed me much. And hence the post in Nexon forum. No offence to you or your post. Cheers.
0nubhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 16:29   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
Hey Avinash,
Didn't notice you posted it in a different forum. Well I came across a 'Nexon' incident and was sad and happy at the same time as the build quality of the car impressed me much. And hence the post in Nexon forum. No offence to you or your post. Cheers.
I meant Cartoq, not you my friend.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 20:20   #1045
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Copied and pasted from my original post without even linking to it
At the end of Cartoq's article there is an embedded link; 'Source' which is directed to TeamBHP's related thread/page. In my mobile's browser, it appears on the left side in orange.

Last edited by OSH : 30th March 2018 at 20:25.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 17:51   #1046
yuv
BHPian

Any idea when the investigations into exact cause of rolling over be concluded? This being the 2nd such incident in recent times, I would be keenly watching this space.
Old 31st March 2018, 18:22   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea when the investigations into exact cause of rolling over be concluded? This being the 2nd such incident in recent times, I would be keenly watching this space.

Please read RavenAvi's original post where he has quoted information received from the people involved in the accident. That would answer your queries without any wait
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 19:22   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
The first incident was user hitting a stone thereby fracturing a wheel.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 19:24   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

the front seats felt small/cramped/suffocated to me as well during a food show I visited where the nexon was displayed. And it was not just due to the seat height adjustment or lack thereof. Thigh support also felt lacking as was room sideways. On the plus side I also felt that it is one extremely well put together Tata. And the body shell looked tough as a tank. Maybe structural stiffness and strengthening measures consumed some cabin space.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 12:15   #1050

Booked Nexon blue DT (D) on March 18th at Concorde motors, Dairy circle. Luckily car was available in their stockyard. I was promised a delivery data in April 1st week as there were many government holidays towards end of March. I was also not in a hurry so I agreed.
I asked them to get the vehicle to showroom for PDI. I completed PDI yesterday with the help of Team-BHP checklist. I really appreciate the showroom staff as they were very courteous to answer all my queries.
I was informed that the car will go for registration this Tuesday or Wednesday. I am planning to take delivery towards end of coming week.

Booking details:
  • On road price: 11, 86, 503/-
  • Got logistic charges waived off
  • Opted for AMC
  • Opted for extended warranty
  • Got zero depreciation insurance for 29k from dealer (Dealer matched external quote)

Opted for following accessories:
  • Alloy for spare wheel
  • Puddle lamps
  • Illuminated suff plates
  • Rear bumper garnish chrome

Managed to get 7% discount on accessories after two rounds of negotiations.

Planning to get following from outside:
  • Seat covers
  • Leather wrap for steering
  • PPF from 3M

I will post more details after I take delivery.

I need small help. Dealer is reluctant to exchange steel rim of spare wheel with an alloy though I was ready to pay the difference.
Can any of you let me know if I can sell this outside?
Identity is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks