Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2018, 14:32   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity View Post
Dealer is reluctant to exchange steel rim of spare wheel with an alloy though I was ready to pay the difference.
Can any of you let me know if I can sell this outside?
Congrats on booking the car !

there will not be many takers for the spare wheel, even if new. It has a PCD of 108 - used on Tata & Ford vehicles. Basically, how many people would want this ? This is not an item that will really go wrong, hence hardly any demand for it. You would get pretty much scrap value only.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 15:11   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Won't the spare steel wheel be the same as the rims on other XE, XM, XT and XZ variants? Those variants will just have a wheel cap on top, but the rest may be the same. Probably talk to a Tata Motors Authorised Garage outside or a Wheel supplier if Tata showroom isn't ready to exchange it for an Alloy.

But the bigger question is, why not keep it as it is? Spare wheel is meant to be used less frequently and should be replaced at the earliest after getting the puncture in the main tyre repaired. Seeing the steel rim will remind you to get it done at the earliest.

Just my 2 cents. To each his own.
Old 1st April 2018, 17:44   #1053
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

All,

I needed suggestions on whether to get Gold AMC or P2P. 4 years gold AMC is costing 56k and 4 year P2P is 7k.

Gold AMC includes oil change, air filter and fuel filter and service labor charges. Does it worth spending 49k extra for this?
Old 1st April 2018, 19:09   #1054
BHPian

To my utter surprise, SBI worked during this long weekend and my loan is done! It was practically done in one and a half working days and I must say that it has become much easier now compared to my experience with Nano in 2011.

Now my wait begins for registration to be done. I will take delivery on Wednesday as next two days are extremely busy for me.

By the way, what is the price of puddle lamps and Scuff plates on Nexon?
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:23   #1055
BHPian

Question to Nexon Petrol owners :
1. Has anyone experienced a lag between pressing the A-pedal and the car responding to that input ?

When there's a need of an overtake and I press A-pedal, the car responds with a delay. Also there's some inconsistency in the power delivery. I couldn't test it out better as I'm still in the run-in period, but had a glimpse of it.

2. I have experienced the body shaking when accelerating from lower rpm only in 2nd gear. Anybody experienced this as well ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by gk.93 : 2nd April 2018 at 08:39.
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:55   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
Question to Nexon Petrol owners :
1. Has anyone experienced a lag between pressing the A-pedal and the car responding to that input ?

When there's a need of an overtake and I press A-pedal, the car responds with a delay. Also there's some inconsistency in the power delivery. I couldn't test it out better as I'm still in the run-in period, but had a glimpse of it.

2. I have experienced the body shaking when accelerating from lower rpm only in 2nd gear. Anybody experienced this as well ?

Thanks in advance.
1. I think we will need more information about this. What was the rpm at which A pedal was applied? It was it below the rpm at which turbo spools, for sure the delay will be present.
2. Is this because of excessive lugging? Again what was the rpm?
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:00   #1057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Won't the spare steel wheel be the same as the rims on other XE, XM, XT and XZ variants?

Probably talk to a Tata Motors Authorised Garage outside or a Wheel supplier if Tata showroom isn't ready to exchange it for an Alloy.

But the bigger question is, why not keep it as it is? Spare wheel is meant to be used less frequently and should be replaced at the earliest after getting the puncture in the main tyre repaired. .
1) How does this point change things ?

2) If Show room doesnt have it, will garage have a low moving part ?

3) Keeping spare tyre unused will only age it without usage. Once old, the tyre rubber is hard and will be a mis-match with rest of set ( more in terms of hardness than wear/tear). Best to use all 5 tyres in rotation. Else you pay for one tyre and not use it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I needed suggestions on whether to get Gold AMC or P2P. 4 years gold AMC is costing 56k and 4 year P2P is 7k.

Gold AMC includes oil change, air filter and fuel filter and service labor charges. Does it worth spending 49k extra for this?
What is P2P ?

What is the cover of the AMC in terms of km ?

Gold AMC covers all labor & parts + should also take care of any other parts - though battery, tyres & clutch may be excluded. Check the exclusions.

4 years means 4-5 services. 7k a service at minimum is about 30-35k.

Last edited by condor : 2nd April 2018 at 09:04.
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:07   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
1. I think we will need more information about this. What was the rpm at which A pedal was applied? It was it below the rpm at which turbo spools, for sure the delay will be present.
2. Is this because of excessive lugging? Again what was the rpm?
All the 2 phenomenons happening between 1500 to approx 2200 rpm.

1. True, might be due to turbo lag. This engine is reviewed to have it.

2. Its definitely not lugging as sometimes in 3rd or 4th gear the revs drop to as low as a 1000 rpm and the car picks up without any such body shake.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:13   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
1) How does this point change things ?

2) If Show room doesnt have it, will garage have a low moving part ?

3) Keeping spare tyre unused will only age it without usage. Once old, the tyre rubber is hard and will be a mis-match with rest of set ( more in terms of hardness than wear/tear). Best to use all 5 tyres in rotation. Else you pay for one tyre and not use it at all.
1) What I wanted to convey was that if the steel wheel is of the same size as regular tyres of other models, why can the showroom not keep it for use in some accidental vehicle with a damaged rim? Can they not bill it to them as a lower cost compared to a brand new rim or the same cost as a new rim ?

2) If the showroom guys are not taking it, then maybe some garage guys who deal with accidental vehicle may take it and use it for some lower model Nexons. Not saying that the garages will have a low moving part, I am suggesting to sell it to a garage instead of selling it at a loss as scrap.

3) What I have noted is that the spare wheel is used as less as possible and when the time comes to replace a couple of tyres, then a newer one is shifted into the spare rim and this old spare one goes into the alloy/steel rim of one of the main wheels being replaced. I may be wrong and would have seen this being not done the right way it should be. But that's what we do in our vehicles.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:29   #1060
BHPian

I have posted about the lag in 3rd and 4th gear issue couple of times earlier. I have not checked with the TASS folks but seems to be something to do with runin of engine. I use to have that predominantly during odo reading less than 2k km. After taking my car out on highways few times for around 700 km up and down each time, after around 4k km on odo, 3rd gear fully cleared up and pulls like other gears. 4th gear is now good and pulls clean during day time. At night, it takes time for 4th gear to be normal. Till then, it will be different than other gears where the pulling will be too linear and very slow and pulls properly post 2k rpm. I am hoping that to clear up soon.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 17:17   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
1) What I wanted to convey was that if the steel wheel is of the same size as regular tyres of other models, why can the showroom not keep it for use in some accidental vehicle with a damaged rim?
Nobody is going to build up un-required inventory and use up space for stuff that will be asked for very rarely. And rubber in tyre has it's own life, and not good to keep it unused like that.
Old 2nd April 2018, 20:06   #1062
BHPian

What is housing specification for the projectors (low beam) and high beam on XZ+ please?
I can't seem to procure that info. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 2nd April 2018, 20:51   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
What is housing specification for the projectors (low beam) and high beam on XZ+ please?
I can't seem to procure that info. Thanks in anticipation.
What is "housing specification" ? Or are you looking for bulb type ?
Old 2nd April 2018, 23:20   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
What is "housing specification" ? Or are you looking for bulb type ?
Sorry yes. Was looking for retrofit bulbs and wanted to know if it's H4 or something else.
Old 2nd April 2018, 23:31   #1065
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
1)

What is P2P ?

What is the cover of the AMC in terms of km ?

Gold AMC covers all labor & parts + should also take care of any other parts - though battery, tyres & clutch may be excluded. Check the exclusions.

4 years means 4-5 services. 7k a service at minimum is about 30-35k.
P2P means Promise to protect. It's for wear and tear Parts and four years cost is 7k.

Most Viewed