Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 22:18   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
2. Also from a few online sources I got to know that Petrol variant has very less mileage (If someone who is using a Petrol Nexon can confirm this)
Whatever figures Tata quotes, donot go for them. For the Petrol variant (especially Tata, as I have experienced with multiple tata's) the figures are way lower (than quoted by the company) in the actual city driving conditions. You might not get more than 10-11 kmpl with AC in city. Infact, my petrol Nano never gave me more than 15 kmpl with AC ON all the time in city. However, on highways the figure used to jump to 24 kmpl.
mercedised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 22:23   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Posting on behalf of a friend who is not a member here. I have suggested him to go for Petrol based on his usage but he needs opinion from a wider audiences.
Looking at your monthly usage i feel petrol is the best bet for you. Since you wish to keep the car for 5 years atleast Petrol engines age better than Diesel ones and also the diesel engine does tend to get noisy with time though its my personal opinion.

Not only that, the annual maintenance costs for Diesel is also higher than Petrol engines. The noise tend to get annoying with time and it does feel inside the cabin more than the Petrol engine. One should buy a diesel car only if the daily running is more than 70kms which is not the case with you.

Regarding the power of Petrol engines not enough I don't agree with that point as Petrol engine has enough grunt and power to give you an engaging drive though it might not be the one for over enthusiastic drivers. It has enough power and torque to keep you happy. At low rpm though you might feel the lack in power but thats how turbo engines work as they tend to start working with more rpms.

The moment you hit about 1800 rpm the turbo tends to kick in making you more eager to drive it.The drive modes surely will help you in getting the best out of your car provided you drive with care.

The mileage is acceptable and at par with its rivals in real world as it all depends on your driving style. The real world figures are always different than what is promised and vary with driving styles as already mentioned. I don't think you should be bothered much about the mileage though as you wont be commuting too often and daily to put a hole in your pocket. So i suggest you go for Petrol but better get a test drive done to be sure before you decide. Cheers and happy driving.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 9th April 2018 at 22:43.
Syed Monis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 23:58   #1113
BHPian

Saw this Ad during the IPL, it is really cool!
prasathlr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 12:05   #1114
BHPian

I have completed 500 kms in 1 week! and the MID shows 20.6 for Trip A. Of course its a diesel and I have been mixing up modes, using AC always and between 23 and 26 degrees and driving against rush hour direction on the ring road. Will wait for the next tankful to report actual average.

Also noticed that the ORVMs don't say the usual "objects in the mirror...." thing. Is it deliberate or something? Secondly, the triangle holder velcro in boot which was highlighted in the review is not there in my car. Is it the case of deleted feature?

Yesterday there was rain in the morning and it gave me first opportunity to drive in the drizzle and also to showoff one nifty feature in Nexon. Thankfully I have couple of umbrellas for which this car was made
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-umbrella.jpg  

avingodb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 13:16   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Yesterday there was rain in the morning and it gave me first opportunity to drive in the drizzle and also to showoff one nifty feature in Nexon. Thankfully I have couple of umbrellas for which this car was made
Is there a way for the water to drain out once you put in the umbrella?
Old 10th April 2018, 14:00   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Yes, all my attempts at connecting Android Auto were in handbrake applied position. I guess I will have to wait till the first service for addressing it. I have used original cables as well.
There is a software update available. The issue might get solved.
I have personally used Android Auto after the software update and not before and it connects well.

Quote:
1. Most of the reviews are in favour of Diesel variant, didn't see a lot of promising reviews on Petrol variant.
2. Also from a few online sources I got to know that Petrol variant has very less mileage (If someone who is using a Petrol Nexon can confirm this)
1.To me, petrol engine feels good enough. I am still in the run-in period and the full potential of the engine is yet to be unleashed.
2.Yes the mileage is on the lower side. Mine is hovering around 9kmpl (City driving, AC on 95% of time, moderate traffic, calm driving)
gk.93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 14:03   #1117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Is there a way for the water to drain out once you put in the umbrella?
Yes. Quoting the official review:

Quote:
Wet umbrella? No sweat, it has a drain hole...

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th April 2018 at 14:05.
Old 10th April 2018, 20:31   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
There is a software update available
Yes, I am waiting for the first service and hope that the issue is settled then. In the meantime, I have experimented with voice command for phone calls and AC settings and it has worked 99 percent of the occasions.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 21:22   #1119
BHPian

We took delivery of our Nexon Diesel on Saturday. Delivery experience was good enough but the cleaning of the car by Prerana Lalbagh Road left a lot to be desired.
Managed to complete 600 odd KMS in the last 4 days and here are my observations.
Pros:
1. The car is a hoot to drive in the "City" and "Sport" mode. But, due to the running in period have been trying hard not to revv past 2500 RPM
2. The turbo kicks in after around 1500 RPM and the power delivery is linear
3. The suspension feels pretty good compared to my other car - A-Star
4. Did a tankful on Saturday and the MID so far shows it as 25KMPL
5. The front seats are very comfortable and the view of the road is good except for the blind corner due to the thick A-pillar.
6. The DRLs look pretty sweet and the projector headlights light up the road sufficiently.
7. A/C chills the cabin very quickly.
8. The music system is so damn good and the touch screen is very responsive. Haven't noticed any lag while operating it at all.

Cons:
1. Have started hearing a "thud" nice from the rear of the car every now and then whenever i go over a speed breaker. Is this the infamous steering rod sound?
2. The footwell starts getting a little hot after a long drive of 100+ odd KMS and only hot air comes out of the vents near the footwell.

Need to get these rectified during the first service.

Last edited by a*ed : 10th April 2018 at 21:30.
a*ed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 21:34   #1120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
1. Have started hearing a "thud" nice from the rear of the car every now and then whenever i go over a speed breaker. Is this the infamous steering rod sound?
Noise from Steering rod from the back of the car ?

regarding the hot air - is it only from the driver side foot well ? Or is it on passenger side also ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 23:19   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Noise from Steering rod from the back of the car ?
My bad, I meant to say link rod issue. The noise could be coming from the front or rear. Haven't been able to pinpoint it exactly. But happens when I go over a speed breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
regarding the hot air - is it only from the driver side foot well ? Or is it on passenger side also ?
The hot air is from both the sides. It comes only when the air distribution mode is set to blow air into the cabin and the foot well.
Old 10th April 2018, 23:24   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The hot air is from both the sides. It comes only when the air distribution mode is set to blow air into the cabin and the foot well.
Is there a known solution for this ?

Also Check for an exposed aluminum pipe at the centre - to the left of the clutch. This will be hidden ( in between driver & passenger). If yes, check if it is hot ( after some driving)
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 10:37   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Have started hearing a "thud" nice from the rear of the car every now and then whenever i go over a speed breaker. Is this the infamous steering rod sound?
I also hear a mild thud, not when going over speed-breakers but when switching between first and second gears. That too not on each occasion. I have noted it down to be enquired during first service.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 10:33   #1124
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has increased the prices of the Nexon w.e.f. April 1st.

The quantum of increase across the range is ~Rs 16,700 for the base XE petrol, to ~Rs 27,200 for the top-end XZ+ dual tone diesel. (both ex-showroom, Delhi)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th April 2018 at 10:36.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 18:13   #1125
BHPian

Does anyone have any information about the introduction of Apple Car Play in the Nexon? It was mentioned soon to be launched and we have had no news of the same since. I think the same also goes for the smarty key band as well.

Why advertise features if they are not ready to roll them out??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks