Old 21st April 2018, 16:34   #1156

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

+1. The IPL edition is too loud. But even without that, I am not able to find a color I like - inspite of all the combinations.
I think the best one has to be White dual tone . It looks more mature and premium and not that flashy at the same time. The rear with every color is odd ball with that White colored X which makes it look more of a hatchback and a turn off for many as it seems kind of a in your face rear.

With White dual tone the Grey ceramic strip at the back tones it down considerably and gives the car a much more mature and premium look. The Grey color roof blends well with the grey color X at the back making it part of the roof. It's the White strip at the rear which put me off from buying the Red dual tone as there seem to be too many colors messing up the rear. The Grey X at the back also makes the car look bigger and bulkier from the rear thanks to just a single color at the back along with White.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 21st April 2018 at 16:36. Reason: typo
Old 21st April 2018, 16:45   #1157
srh

Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Tata Nexon - IPL Edition.
That is really horrendous. Wonder what they were thinking!
Old 21st April 2018, 18:41   #1158

Received on WhatsApp.
The colour combos and the theme is very loud and childish. But I must say Nexon carries bold colours very well. Because of the quirky style, one can play around with colours and stickers/stripes and in the end, it just suits the car. For me, the only other car with such a trait is the Swift.

OT: Other day I saw a shiny white Nexon with a piano black roof wrap. The wrap started at the A pillar and extended till the C pillar. Must say it looked gorgeous.
Old 22nd April 2018, 10:58   #1159

Received on WhatsApp.
Apparently, this isn't an official TaMo release as perceived by many. This has been got customised by a fan in Mumbai as a tribute to the MI IPL T20 franchise.

Source:

Look at the work on the graphics on the rear wheel arch at 03:34 in the video, drop dead giveaway that this isn't a factory fit, if you are to see the car in person.
five46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 12:08   #1160

Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Apparently, this isn't an official TaMo release as perceived by many. This has been got customised by a fan in Mumbai as a tribute to the MI IPL T20 franchise.

Look at the work on the graphics on the rear wheel arch at 03:34 in the video, drop dead giveaway that this isn't a factory fit, if you are to see the car in person.
Doesn’t look a lot like an official IPL version, but, in the pictures shared by RavenAvi Sir in the previous page, the car seems to be parked in a TATA Motors dealership. Why would a fan made car be parked inside the dealership?

Prathik
Old 22nd April 2018, 15:05   #1161

Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Doesn’t look a lot like an official IPL version, but, in the pictures shared by RavenAvi Sir in the previous page, the car seems to be parked in a TATA Motors dealership. Why would a fan made car be parked inside the dealership?

Prathik
Probably something done at dealership level like the one that was done before some Rajni movie few months back?
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 18:31   #1162

I'm picking up a Grey XZ+ Diesel next week. My dealer informed me that the vehicle has arrived at the showroom and its being prepared for RTO and delivery. After reading through posts here, I quickly checked if Android Auto works; It does.

Anything else specific to check during delivery ?
Also, the spare wheel is also an alloy wheel ?
Old 22nd April 2018, 20:28   #1163

Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
I'm picking up a Grey XZ+ Diesel next week. My dealer informed me that the vehicle has arrived at the showroom and its being prepared for RTO and delivery. After reading through posts here, I quickly checked if Android Auto works; It does.

Anything else specific to check during delivery ?
Also, the spare wheel is also an alloy wheel ?
Android auto has worked flawlessly so far and I use original mobile data cable all the time . I have literally got addicted to Android auto and hardly feel like driving cars without Android Auto . Spare wheel is a steel one.
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 20:54   #1164

Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Received my Grey Nexon yesterday.
Apologies for such a late reply but I just noticed something in the pictures you shared.

Did you purchase the car from Pahwa Autoworld in Safdarjung Enclave ?
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:04   #1165

Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
Did you purchase the car from Pahwa Autoworld in Safdarjung Enclave ?
Yes indeed. I dealt with one young chap there named Ankur and then his senior Abhishek. Both of them were pretty helpful.
Old 23rd April 2018, 22:37   #1166

Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
I am assuming this is with Diesel. Any opinions on what could be realistic mileage that I can expect with a petrol version.

I drove the Nexon petrol today and though the vehicle is a little out of my budget, I was impressed with the sheer drive characteristics of the engine. Mind you, I am coming from the Maruti stable and have driven the k-series engine all along. But I still feel the petrol engine on the tata nexon is quite smooth and the gear shifts are precise and neat.

What I was more concerned is with the mileage that was being shown in the mid. The mileage figure was at 8.7. I can understand that it is a test drive vehicle, driven by many people. However, how far would be the actual mileage in city conditions?

What you saw on the test drive vehicle is very close to be true mileage. It gives around 8 to 10 in city conditions and not more than 14 on long drives. Im talking about petrol with ac on all the time.
Old 23rd April 2018, 23:36   #1167

Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Yes indeed. I dealt with one young chap there named Ankur and then his senior Abhishek. Both of them were pretty helpful.
We too bought our Nexon from here. That is why the picture felt familiar. I dealt with Piyush. Very helpful and cooperative.

Nexon XZ+(P) Update: 1300kms
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180419_081012.jpg

100% City Driving with 99% AC on.

1.The engine now feels like it has opened up. Turbo lag has reduced and the BEAST feels sprightly even in CITY mode. The steering feel along with ride and handling balance is superb. It feels a little bit stiff on bad roads at the rear. But a little stiffness is better than dancing Rear anyday.

2. The brakes are superb, having great bite.
About the modes:-
-ECO: Used it in the initial days. Hardly use this lethargic boring mode now.
-City: Use it usually in traffic as in sport mode the A-Pedal becomes too sensitive to inputs.
-Sport: A BIG BIG SMILE

3.The clutch is light and also super sharp at the engaging point, resulting in jerky transitions. But soon you get used to it (though it took me longer than usual. However, I still struggle at times)

4.Reason for Point number 3 according to me:
While releasing the c-pedal, just before the clutch is about to engage, the rpm needle rises to about 1k rpm and then dips after the clutch gets engaged fully. This dip in rpm after the clutch engages causes the jerk. As long as the c-pedal is released slowly, the transition is smooth. Fast action of c-pedal release causes jerk.

4. The mileage has improved but marginally. Last tankful gave me 9.07kmpl (10.2 on MID. Even dipping below 10kmpl at some occasions). This time the MID is constantly above 10kmpl despite traffic (10.3 at present). I am personally not bothered about mileage. I JUST ENJOY MY BEAST.

This happened while applying only slight pressure to wipe this area. So owners kindly be careful.
(Product Used- Amazon Basics Micro Fiber Cloth only)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180411_081621.jpg

As the car remains parked in the sun, this ís the ''Jugaad'' I came up with for the front glass
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180421_113956.jpg

At the end, the BEAST itself
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180422_161645.jpg

Last edited by gk.93 : 23rd April 2018 at 23:45.
gk.93 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 10:14   #1168

Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Which insurance provider has a cashless tie-up with Tata nationally, or specifically the Mangalore showroom. I have to buy insurance for my friend's car in the next couple of days and I think the SA mentioned National Insurance.
Correcting myself. It's New India Assurance that has the cashless tie-up. And their quotation is Rs.20,790 with added Passenger Cover of 1 lakh each for 5 persons (Rs.19,846 without it). This is against Rs.38,000 quoted in the price list - a saving of over Rs.18,000.
Old 24th April 2018, 13:00   #1169

Guys, need help, Searched this thread, couldnt find a similar issue.
My friend's XZ+ Nexon Diesel has a peculiar problem ever since it has been delivered 4 weeks back. During a smooth cruise, the car suddenly goes into limp mode and the infotainment, lights and AC gets powered off. This has happened at least 3 times in the last 4 weeks. There is no MIL lamp on dashboard. Each time, the car has to be cranked 3 to 4 times to get it started again. The dealership ( True Sai works- Hosur) initially said the ECU is faulty and took it for an ECU change (2 days in the workshop); that however did not solve the issue. The car has clocked 2500 kms till date. Today in desperation after another instance of the car going into limp mode during a smooth cruise, we have left the car at the service station. They say it will be sent to Salem for further inspection. Even once the car couldn't start after being parked for 2 hours; there seemed no power to crank the engine too. Sad, that this brand new vehicle is having all there issues. Does any one have a similar story to tell? Any leads on what is wrong?

Last edited by gopa99 : 24th April 2018 at 13:06.
Old 24th April 2018, 14:32   #1170

Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
They say it will be sent to Salem for further inspection.
Really sad to hear this experience from a new car. I hope someone here helps you identify the issue from their experience. Are you given a standby car till then? If not, do demand for one.