Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2018, 12:19   #1231
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

AMT Variants compared of Brezza vs Nexon. XMA, XTA and XZA prices are not yet out, calculated based on the difference between XZA+ vs XZ+.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 11817
Size:  11.0 KB
Old 9th May 2018, 13:21   #1232

Want to share an interesting incident which happened with me 2 days back. I stopped my Nexon (D) along the side of the road and tried starting again after a couple of minutes. To absolute horror, the electric motor kept getting engaged and the entire electronics (ACC, Infotainment, etc. ) would boot up, however the car would not start. When I release the clutch pedal the motor will stop. Tried it multiple times with no results. Decided to get out of the car and out of sheer habit pressed the lock button on the key. 2 minutes later - completely clueless still - opened the car and tried starting again and it started with just the touch of the start button like it always used to. This was the first major issue which I ever faced with the Nexon in the 3 months - 7500kms we have been together so this got me worried. I was scheduled for the 2nd routine service and so landed up at TATA service center today.

After explaining the scenario to the service executive, he mentioned that this has been observed as an issue with Nexon XZ+ where "remote hang hota he sir". He said, the remote hangs up and needs resetting. He also showed me the pattern to reset the remote which is as under:

- Press the lock and unlock keys on the keyfob simultaneously for about 3 seconds
- Press the unlock-lock-unlock keys in the same order.

This shall reset/reboot the remote key and will resolve the issue.

I have not faced the issue again, but if it ever happens (i wish not), will try this fix and update if it works. Incase anyone else faces this issue, please try resetting the keyfob. Hope it helps.
parag.agrawal is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 13:57   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parag.agrawal View Post

- Press the lock and unlock keys on the keyfob simultaneously for about 3 seconds
- Press the unlock-lock-unlock keys in the same order.
Thanks for sharing the info. Did he ask you to perform above steps sitting inside the car or outside(more than 200 meters away from the car)?

Pressing the lock and unlock key simultaneously will trigger an alarm with load honk and indicators blinking isn't it?
Old 9th May 2018, 14:54   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"remote hang hota he sir".

I have not faced the issue again, but if it ever happens (i wish not), will try this fix and update if it works. Incase anyone else faces this issue, please try resetting the keyfob. Hope it helps.
That's ok, but what is the fix for this issue? I cannot imaging sitting in a modern car that wouldn't start in the middle of a peak hour signal. Not moving for a second after the signal turns green will invite so many honks and stares and swearing on our roads. The embarrassment of sitting there and fiddling with the car's key is just too hard to take.
I hope TML comes with a fix ASAP for this issue.
Old 9th May 2018, 15:17   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post
Thanks for sharing the info. Did he ask you to perform above steps sitting inside the car or outside(more than 200 meters away from the car)?

Pressing the lock and unlock key simultaneously will trigger an alarm with load honk and indicators blinking isn't it?

Yes, the steps can be performed while sitting inside the car, no need to step out. Also, yes pressing the key combinations will trigger alarm with horn and blinkers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
That's ok, but what is the fix for this issue? I cannot imaging sitting in a modern car that wouldn't start in the middle of a peak hour signal. Not moving for a second after the signal turns green will invite so many honks and stares and swearing on our roads. The embarrassment of sitting there and fiddling with the car's key is just too hard to take.
I hope TML comes with a fix ASAP for this issue.

Fortunately, I was not in the middle of a signal and was comfortably parked on the side, but yes had it been a traffic signal it would have been an issue. Regarding the fix, no fix recommended or discussed. I was honestly more glad that it was just a system hang, and nothing to do with my battery-alternator as the initial thoughts I had while thinking of the issue were all leading to that. Having used an Android device for all these years my mind has sort of stopped reacting to hang or reboots. But, will certainly probe to see if some permanent fix exists for this issue.
parag.agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 14:23   #1236
BHPian

Guys i have a question here. Since it's been some time now that Nexon was launched and some issues and niggles here and there were reported by users which were mostly fixed by TATA. I would like to know what are the necessary updates one needs to do with the car which have been permitted or discussed by TATA for its Nexon users. As far as i remember there was one silicon pad thing to be done for the key fob and all that but don't remember any other official update. It will be of great help if fellows Bhipians can help me here to give me the list of changes or updates to be made in the Nexon for any niggles.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 10th May 2018 at 14:41. Reason: typo
Old 10th May 2018, 14:42   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I would like to know what are the necessary updates one need to do with the car which have been permitted or discussed by TATA for its Nexon users.
If you are there in any of the Nexon Owners Whats app groups you will find lot of owners keen/confused about the BCM and Infotainment updates which are performed at some workshops while others are unaware of it. The only visible advantage of the BCM update seems to be automatic folding of the mirror on lock in XZ+ models.
In my opinion, it's better to wait for the service center guy to do it only if he is aware of it. Do not force him as most of the guys at Tata ASS take their own sweet time to learn anything new.
ThilakNex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 14:57   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
The only visible advantage of the BCM update seems to be automatic folding of the mirror on lock in XZ+ models.
In my opinion, it's better to wait for the service center guy to do it only if he is aware of it. Do not force him as most of the guys at Tata ASS take their own sweet time to learn anything new
Thanks for the info but the BCM update is still not official as yet as its unstable. I was looking for the changes to be made to the headlight panel and the key fob i guess where they fit some silicon pads to avoid overheating and short circuiting of the wires. Things like those i am more interested in while as for the software updates i will surely get the prompt and notification so won't be any trouble there. If you have any idea about the new changes to be made it will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 10th May 2018 at 14:59.
Old 10th May 2018, 15:42   #1239

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Whats with the Wearable PEP's key.
Got a little info on the eagerly awaited wristband/keyfob/Wearable Pep's key for the Nexon. Tata is already testing it at this point of time and as per the information, production for the same has also started and is expected to hit showrooms quite soon. It will be available as an accessory and can be programmed for all existing Nexon as well. Have no information whatsoever on the pricing front though.

One of the keyfob currently being tested. I was hoping could see it in actual action, however the car to which this was programmed was not around. While I can imagine how this works for unlocking the car, I am very curious to see how it can lock the car.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-77d9e7d309b640a589b117404eeea455.jpg

The keyfob comes with a charger which is used to charge the key. The charging points can be seen at the bottom. There also seems to be some sensor in the center which I guess could be some kind of proximity sensor to determine if the fob is ON the wrist or not.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-d4e03a75829c48c7a442faf794abbe80.jpg

Last edited by parag.agrawal : 10th May 2018 at 15:50.
parag.agrawal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 17:43   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I was looking for the changes to be made to the headlight panel and the key fob i guess where they fit some silicon pads to avoid overheating and short circuiting of the wires.
I believe this was the issue observed only in the cars sold before Nov 2017 and Tata Motors recalled those cars by noticing the owners. As far as you didn't get any update from the dealership yet, you don't need to worry.
ThilakNex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 17:51   #1241
BHPian

I got first service done last week. This included oil and filter change which costed Rs 1900.
Getting the work done at Treo Tata service centre in Delhi was breeze during a weekday. One of the Concorde Motors workshop has been sealed due to some compliance issue and Pahwa was too crowded on the weekend.

In the meantime, my Nexon has completed 2000kms within a month and I am planning a drive to Binsar towards end of May. Overall it remains a pleasant experience.
avingodb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 18:44   #1242

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I got first service done last week. This included oil and filter change which costed Rs 1900.
I have had my second service done now and as per the service manual oil change (for Diesel as well as Petrol) is not scheduled till 15k kilometers which effectively is the 3rd service. Did you specifically ask them for changing the oil and filters or was it something they mentioned 'has to be done' as part of service? I hope its not the second case.
Old 10th May 2018, 19:05   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Did you specifically ask them for changing the oil and filters or was it something they mentioned 'has to be done' as part of service? I hope its not the second case.
I asked for it. It's as per Team's recommended list of steps for running in. I have shared the link for it a couple of pages ago.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 16:39   #1244
BHPian

Hello!

I was doing a casual browsing when I found 2 after market head units with touch screen for Tata Nexon.
I was interested in XE variant (due to budget constraint) thus wanted to check if I can add touch screen ICE.

Want to know your opinions.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 23:49   #1245
BHPian

I had a bad experience with Trivandrum motors, Trivandrum today.

I booked in Tata motors website for test drive of Nexon AMT yesterday and immediately got a call and the TD requirement was transfered to Trivandrum motors. Yesterday itself Trivandrum motors guy called and infomed me that the TD vehicle will be available only after a few weeks, as they have to take RTO approvals for the new vehicle. I told ok and will wait.

But, today morning, one sales guy from Trivandrum motors called and updated that TD vehicle is ready. I was quite surprised by the turn of events. Anyway we agreed to meet at 1PM. I called him by 1230PM and reminded him about the appointment and he told that he is on the way to my location. But I didnt see anyone or never got a call back and by 1 30 pm I called him back. Then he said that he will be reaching only by 2PM! As i had another appointment, i told him to come another day.

Tata still have to go a long way to delight customers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks