Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2018, 11:31   #1336
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys i had asked a question last week about the whatsapp notification not showing on the screen but nobody was really interested in answering my question.Looks like people don't want to help a fellow Nexon owner on this forum . Anyways i am asking the same question again.

How does the Whatsapp notification popup and readout works in Nexon. I have seen only the sms readout working so far but not the WhatsApp message. Also do i need to be connected to Android Auto for this feature to work or just i have to pair my device via bluetooth only. In neither case my pop up message didnt show on the screen. Was it just a gimmick by TATA to actually sell the car by saying they have the Whatsapp readout feature or it actually is working. Waiting for the response from my fellow BHPians.
I had already replied. But I guess you missed it.
Let me explain again.

-- August 2017 version:- I was using an iPhone. No pop-ups then.

-- November 2017 version:-
1. SMS pop-ups work. Only required to connect through bluetooth. During the pairing process, allow some permissions that come on the phone (Its for contacts and Messages).
2. Whatsapp pop-ups work only when connected through Android Auto.
Hope you read it this time

Last edited by gk.93 : 31st May 2018 at 11:33.
gk.93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 12:03   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
I had already replied. But I guess you missed it.
Let me explain again.

-- August 2017 version:- I was using an iPhone. No pop-ups then.

-- November 2017 version:-
1. SMS pop-ups work. Only required to connect through bluetooth. During the pairing process, allow some permissions that come on the phone (Its for contacts and Messages).
2. Whatsapp pop-ups work only when connected through Android Auto.
Hope you read it this time
Thanks for replying again. I think you are the lifesaver here for me as you again replied to my question quickly. I didn't miss it last time around but it was more related to the Whatsapp pop up which you had not discussed last time, that is why i asked the question related to the Whatsapp messaging this time around. Thanks once more for the help and support. Really appreciate it.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 11:56   #1338

Hi, I have a query about Hill Assist feature in AMT version.

I had test-driven the Nexon manual version earlier and also followed this thread well, and decided to book the XZ+ diesel variant few months ago.
Then heard that AMT version was launching soon, so kept my decision on hold, as I wanted to try the automatic transmission due to practicality of use.

A week ago, I did test drive of XZA+ variant on 2 occasions. Drive went very well and I am totally convinced except for one thing. I tried to test the Hill Assist feature by stopping the car on an uphill slope of a parking lot. Upon releasing the brake paddle (and not pressing the accelerator), the car went back by about one foot before making forward move (creep function). So it seemed the Hill Assist did not hold the car firm to prevent back-roll.
So I tried same thing again, but this time I immediately pressed the accelerator upon releasing the brake paddle. Still the car rolled back considerably before moving forward.

Has anybody tried and experienced this? I wonder if the Hill Assist feature failed? On questioning the sales assistant, he too was puzzled and did not have any convincing answer.

Nevertheless, I am so much in love with this car, I went ahead and booked the XZA+. But I still have this query in my head, hoping to get some answer.
Old 1st June 2018, 13:35   #1339
BHPian

The Hill assist for Nexon, as portrayed by Tata is a marketing gimmick. Nexon does NOT have a proper mechanism to apply brakes. It relies on the torque to propel the car ahead once the brakes are released, hence please assume the car will roll backward if its on an incline, and hence use the handbrakes ALWAYS for such scenarios.

I think this one feature that they have mentioned is backfiring as the car does not do what they said it would. Tata should not have gone in the direction of creating a fancy word or a feature which the car in reality does not have.

Its like that Magnetic hill in Ladakh where the mountain pulls the car towards itself, whereas in reality, its the gradient that takes the car ahead.
Dieselritzer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 14:16   #1340
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I have a query regarding the service schedule for my Nexon XZ+ (P)

I have purchased the car on 26-dec-2017 and got the first service done on 3 Feb 2018 (Since I crossed 1500 Kms mark before 2 months I had to give for early service.)

Now that I have completed only 6300 kms and Tata motors already sending the message that next service due on 4-Jun-2018!!!
In manual, it is written clearly that 2nd free service is for 6 months or 7500 kms whichever is earlier. In my case both the conditions, haven't met yet.

It is evident that Tata motors has considered the last serviced date and added 4 months to the 2nd service due date. Can anyone please guide me how service due date is calculated? is it based on the last service date or vehicle purchase date?
Old 1st June 2018, 14:48   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post

It is evident that Tata motors has considered the last serviced date and added 4 months to the 2nd service due date. Can anyone please guide me how service due date is calculated? is it based on the last service date or vehicle purchase date?
Purchase date! if date is going to be the deciding factor.
Otherwise KMs run is acurate measure to have car serviced.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 19:30   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dips View Post
Hi, I have a query about Hill Assist feature in AMT version.

Nevertheless, I am so much in love with this car, I went ahead and booked the XZA+. But I still have this query in my head, hoping to get some answer.

I am guessing its not the Hill hold skoda and vw has. In hill hold the car usually applies brakes for about 3 seconds or so whenever it detects incline.

Did you manage to get any discounts? Which dealer did you go with?
Old 1st June 2018, 22:34   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I am guessing its not the Hill hold skoda and vw has. In hill hold the car usually applies brakes for about 3 seconds or so whenever it detects incline.
Precisely what happens in the manual Hexa. But it doesn't function the same way in the auto, but still is marketed similar to Nexon AMT.
Curious question: Does the top trim manual of Nexon have hill hold?
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 23:08   #1344
BHPian

I have felt that the engine compartment of the nexon petrol heats quite a bit more compared to other vehicles. The hood support rod was hot enough to cause discomfort while I was opening the hood eventhough the car was parked for 30-40 mins. Any one else noticed the same?
Old 1st June 2018, 23:49   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Curious question: Does the top trim manual of Nexon have hill hold?
No it doesn't. I have a 2018 january xzplus and it doesn't have hill hold
Old 2nd June 2018, 08:18   #1346

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Did you manage to get any discounts? Which dealer did you go with?
I booked at Concorde - Malad link road. They did not give any discount but I got a decent price for my trade-in of old Swift.
However, there is some intense communication going on to counter the Handling Charges that they levy. Its 6,500/- and they are not willing to waive it. I even emailed Tata Motors customer support but still the matter is not concluded. Neither Concorde nor Tata are giving a clear answer if they are willing to waive this. Still I keep pushing, lets see what happens...
Dips is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 21:14   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Purchase date! if date is going to be the deciding factor.
Otherwise KMs run is acurate measure to have car serviced.
Thanks for clarifying. I will ignore the messages sent by Tata motors regarding the service due dates and go ahead with the purchase date deadline.
Old 3rd June 2018, 22:42   #1348
BHPian

A question to Nexon (P) owners :-
When we press the accelerator pedal for a quick overtake or for a quick acceleration, I observe the power delivery to be disproportionate & jerky and not a smooth one, specially after approx. 2500 rpm.
Did anyone observe such thing ?

Question to Nexon owners in general:-
I find the low beam a bit lacking. Did anyone experience the same ?
Old 4th June 2018, 10:57   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschenker View Post
It's not just XZA+, even the latest XZ+ doesn't have the request sensor on the passenger side door (checked this on a May'18 XZ+). Looks like TML has removed it in the recent batch of vehicles in spite of hike in price.
Cross posting from the AMT thread, can any recent XZ+ owners (last two or three months) please confirm presence of request sensor on the passenger side doors?
Old 4th June 2018, 11:40   #1350
BHPian

My Nexon came back after the first service with a software update. Last weekend I took it for a long drive and I noticed that the interior button lights (marked as a red dotted box in the image) switched off after an (approximately) hour of driving. It switched back on only after restarting the engine.

I might have experienced this before my first service. Has anybody noticed this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180601_194352356_ll.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks