Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2018, 15:40   #1381
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I have booked Nexon XZA+ Diesel. Nil dep insurance is free. Confirmed with three dealers (2 in mumbai and one in Vapi, Gujarat).
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2018, 17:00   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
Thanks will check again..my SA said the discount is only for 2017 production model and not on 2018. Can you please clarify. This is for basic insurance and for Zero Dep you have to pay the balance.
No such condition of model manufacturing. Confirmed.
Difference between Zero Dep and basic is 6k - which the SA here said you have to pay.
Either way, I really feel you should complain to TML about this dealer and SA. He is ruining the deal for so many people and try to get rid of old stock! Some people might actually get conned. Please send an email to customer care or post on their Twitter handle.
Old 8th June 2018, 17:28   #1383
BHPian

So the insurance for 5k that I was being offered is Comprehensive and NOT Zero Depreciation insurance. I've told the SA I need the latter.
Old 8th June 2018, 20:24   #1384
BHPian

Not sure if anyone has shared this here. Quite unbelievable mileage figures being shared.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12271161.html
Old 8th June 2018, 21:31   #1385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked Nexon XZA+ Diesel. Nil dep insurance is free. Confirmed with three dealers (2 in mumbai and one in Vapi, Gujarat).
Why do all these car makers resort to over-pricing their cars in the first place and then resort to such discounts in less than a month of its launch to boost up sales. If they could have given this discount from the start, the diesel XZA+ would have fallen under 10L price bracket saving a considerable amount from the OTR price of the car and hence gathering more sales.
Old 8th June 2018, 21:45   #1386
Senior - BHPian

^^ Don't think the free insurance would have helped with the road tax, since road tax is anyway applicable on ex-showroom right.
Old 9th June 2018, 09:55   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Not sure if anyone has shared this here. Quite unbelievable mileage figures being shared.

I have also seen 27 on MID regularly. Happens if you hit the highway after resetting the trip meter and if you drive sedately at 60-70 with rpm below 2k and in gear 4 or 5. Its an exaggerated number by upto 20 percent and must be taken with more than a pinch of salt.
avingodb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 12:57   #1388
BHPian

I reached out to Tata Motors on Twitter. They reached out to me over phone and I got the following clarifications:

1. The Rs.1 insurance offer is only applicable to Tiago and Tigor. For Nexon, it's Rs.4999 for Comprehensive Insurance and my dealer has quoted Rs. 10,066 for Zero depreciation insurance.

2. A XZA car will be provided with a remote key, a manual key and the wearable one. He mentioned that they were not sent out along with test drive cars as they were running short. But they've now started providing for all customer cars.
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 19:43   #1389
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
I reached out to Tata Motors on Twitter. They reached out to me over phone and I got the following clarifications:

1. The Rs.1 insurance offer is only applicable to Tiago and Tigor. For Nexon, it's Rs.4999 for Comprehensive Insurance and my dealer has quoted Rs. 10,066 for Zero depreciation insurance.
Same here. Booked a Diesel XZA+ today at KHT Domlur, Bangalore. Insurance reduced from INR 42,xxx to INR 5,000 (i.e. benefit of INR 37,xxx). Additional have to pay 5,xxx for zero dep. No other discounts except for a corporate discount of INR 3,000. Refused to waive off logistics charges. No free accessories either.

I also checked if they would buy back the spare steel wheel and whether I can buy a 5th allot wheel. WAs told that I can buy the fifth alloy wheel but they won't buy back the steel wheel.

Expected delivery time is 2 weeks for single tone grey. Dual tone grey and dual tone blue available for immediate delivery.
Old 9th June 2018, 20:07   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
^^ Don't think the free insurance would have helped with the road tax, since road tax is anyway applicable on ex-showroom right.
I know it's calculated on the ex-showroom price. What I meant was that instead of providing the customer a 30k discount in the name of insurance so soon after the launch, the company could have priced the car more competitively to begin with, thereby reducing other add on costs too like tax and insurance which would naturally come down with a lower ex-showroom price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Refused to waive off logistics charges. No free accessories either.
Try speaking to Tata motors directly. The dealer will have to waive them off.

Also so the effective discount is only 20k or so since the insurance quote from the dealer is anyways inflated. You can easily get a 0 depreciation cover for 27-30k outside and most of the times even the dealer matches it.

Last edited by drmohitg : 9th June 2018 at 20:16.
Old 9th June 2018, 22:19   #1391
BHPian

I am offered a discount of Rs. 25,000/- on the insurance since my invoice was of last month. Plus free mats and teflon coating. I have booked XZA+ diesel. Expecting delivery by next weekend
Old 10th June 2018, 05:35   #1392
yuv
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm wishes, here is the overdue pic. Its been about a month and I'm extremely happy with my XZA+.
Done almost 2k on the ODO and ready for first service, out of which most has been in city mode. I'm getting roughly 15 Kmpl FE driving on 60% city roads and 40% highways.

I got the following basic stuff done upon delivery:
1) From Car dealer : P2P & Extended Warranty for max duration
2) From Accessories dealer : Seat covers, visors, shades, body cover, steering cover & a set of nice mats (AKA 7D mats).
3) And the following from 3M : PPF on bumpers, door edges, door handle cups, orvms & foot board. Paint treatment, under body anti rust & door panel protection.

I was very tempted to go for the CR70 but decided against it. Similarly gave a pass to ceramic coating. No, I did not get the zero dep insurance free but it was next to free. Here I would like to mention the folks at the dealership Deogiri Auto especially Mr. Hujair Khan who manages the show, they really went out of their way. I had not even heard their name before but they matched my pace and expectation at every step of the way.

In summary, I'm very happy with my buy and would suggest anyone looking for diesel automatic mid-size/city suv to go for it. The only downside, if one can call it that, is the invisible hill-assist. Never got it to work and I suggest no one should take the chance on an incline in heavy traffic. Apart from that, the cabin is silent (off course with the windows rolled up), aircon is very powerful, cools the cabin in no time and the AMT is as almost as good as any other auto-box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Congrats
Woa the AMT deliveries started of very quickly which is a good sign. Post pictures and updates on your progress soon.
Thank you Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Congrats, Yuv. Wishing you many happy smiles with the Nexon.
Thanks a lot, finally found a dealer who could match my pace and as mentioned before, the test drive did me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Heartiest congratulations!!!
Wish you many miles of merry motoring. Most reviews indicate that you bought a winner.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parag.agrawal View Post
Got a little info on the eagerly awaited wristband/keyfob/Wearable Pep's key for the Nexon. Tata is already testing it at this point of time and as per the information, production for the same has also started and is expected to hit showrooms quite soon. It will be available as an accessory and can be programmed for all existing Nexon as well. Have no information whatsoever on the pricing front though.
Thanks for the info, I have received the key. It has zero features but is functional and works every time. The strap is a bit flimsy though and comes of rather easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys finally took the delivery of my Calgary White dual tone Nexon Petrol over the weekend and i am so excited and happy to say the least.
Congrats Syed Monis!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180510wa0011.jpg  

yuv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 09:57   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
It kicks in after the 1st year of free service?
Old 10th June 2018, 12:24   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for the warm wishes, here is the overdue pic. Its been about a month and I'm extremely happy with my XZA+.

I got the following basic stuff done upon delivery:

2) From Accessories dealer : Seat covers, visors, shades, body cover, steering cover & a set of nice mats (AKA 7D mats).

Congrats on your new purchase. Could you post photos of accessories?
I have also booked XZA+ diesel.
Concorde is pushing for the aktiv kit which i am really not interested in apart from seat covers.
Also did you consider front parking sensors?

Other nexon owners, hows the throw of low beam from projectors? Anyone here installed HID kit low beam for better illumination?Concorde is refusing to install HID saying its not possible with tatas.

Also, how about an auto dimming IRVM from aliexpress and get it installed, anyone?

Any good accessories shop in mumbai where i can get roof wrap and seat covers installed neatly?

I have booked blue single tone.
Old 11th June 2018, 02:52   #1395
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
It kicks in after the 1st year of free service?
P2P kicks in immediately and extended warranty once your original warranty is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. Could you post photos of accessories?
Thanks a lot. I will try to but these depend a lot on personal taste & choice so I would suggest exploring the market and going with your heart (and budget off course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have also booked XZA+ diesel.
Concorde is pushing for the aktiv kit which i am really not interested in apart from seat covers.
Also did you consider front parking sensors?
The XZA+ is top of line model & already comes with the usual bells and whistles in its category so I didn't feel the need for a kit. But then again, go for it if it appeals to you. Unless you are looking for genuine leather or the like, seat covers generally come in range of 7.5-9k for premium and 4k for the regular one's. I negotiated and got the premium for 6k. No I did not go for the front parking sensors as I have never needed them in the past but in hindsight and after driving around for a while now, I think the Nexon could do well with them.

I've had no issue with the low or high beam, in my opinion the projector headlamps are just fine. Definitely not blinding, which I think is a good thing. For aftermarket accessories you can explore Palm beach, Milan or Opera house depending on your location in Mumbai.

Last edited by yuv : 11th June 2018 at 02:53. Reason: Typo
yuv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks