Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2018, 12:01   #1411
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Good morning everyone!

I don't know whether this post should belong to this thread or the 'Tata Motors reliability etc' thread.
=========
Quite impressed.
What say?
Great to know that Tata is doing so much in trying to change its image of being poor in ASS. In fact, a mutual friend complained to customer care through twitter about being overcharged for an accessory by the dealer (he was buying a Tiago). He got a callback from Tata Customer relations within an hour and that evening itself got several back-to-back calls from dealership(SA) to close the complaint as he was ill-informed about 'updated' pricelist and duly apologized for the same.

Tata is really making great strides in trying to make their customers' complaints acknowledged and get them resolved. However I still feel that their dealership network is the black sheep and the bad attitude of the dealership employees is what is giving Tata a bad reputation.
PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 12:35   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post

Query to existing customers: Do you recommend any accessories for the car? I wanted to get the ambient lighting installed. Is it any good? Also, what about the puddle lamp with Tata logo projector? Please post pictures of the same and tell about your experience with the same.
Congratulations!
I got the mood lighting in my Tiago. Genuine Tata accessory at 2500 bucks and doesn't void warranty is a good deal in itself,yet, this particular accessory is very useful. There are ready set fitment points. You can change colour using an app on your phone (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, White) and then there's auto mode where they keep changing at pre-set intervals - and intensity too. Pairs via bluetooth. Is manufactured by AutoCop. Brightness/intensity both good. Very happy.
The other accessory I installed and like are the illuminated scuff plates. Cost Rs. 1250 and look lovely at night and yet completely functional.

Quote:
Quite impressed.
What say?
Definitely getting better! Impressive. This belongs in both threads IMHO.

Quote:

Tata is really making great strides in trying to make their customers' complaints acknowledged and get them resolved. However I still feel that their dealership network is the black sheep and the bad attitude of the dealership employees is what is giving Tata a bad reputation.
Completely agree. Some dealerships are still lethargic and don't care two hoots. But most are improving pro-actively.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 15:17   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to drive the Nexon for a couple of feet backwards and about three feet forward, including heavy steering input to the left and right.

The thing is so short, I couldn't squeeze into the driver's seat!

Ruled out from my list of cars to drive.
Old 19th June 2018, 07:41   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I am certainly surprised! I know you were driving a Nano. After Nano everything else feels cramped by the way.

I also moved from Nano to Nexon and it did not take me long to get a comfortable seating and I am 5.9 and 90+kg

So give it another test and take your time to adjust the seat.
avingodb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:02   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I also moved from Nano to Nexon and it did not take me long to get a comfortable seating and I am 5.9 and 90+kg
Shocked to see the similarties we three are having.
I too have a Nano and have booked Nexon and I tip the scale to 90+ KG mark

Btw anyone tried installing arm rest at rear seat?
My wife is somehow obsessed with it, especially after seeing it in Tigor in showroom.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 19:00   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Had a chance to drive the Nexon for a couple of feet backwards and about three feet forward, including heavy steering input to the left and right.

Ruled out from my list of cars to drive.

I too ruled out the Nexon because of lack of space for the driver, especially the legroom. I had one leg pressed against the door and another against the center console. I'm a big guy, 6 ft and 120 kg, but even the new Honda Amaze( that I ended up booking) had much more space than the big muscular Nexon. I'm kinda heartbroken as I had my heart set on the Nexon for some time.
Old 21st June 2018, 01:00   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Shocked to see the similarties we three are having.
I too have a Nano and have booked Nexon and I tip the scale to 90+ KG mark

Btw anyone tried installing arm rest at rear seat?
My wife is somehow obsessed with it, especially after seeing it in Tigor in showroom.
I too have a Nano + Indica and have booked Nexon diesel. I am 5.11 and weighing 104 kg. Before selecting this car I studied almost all diesel crossovers in this class including other countries. I think driver's comfort level is acceptable up to around six feet of height and 110 kg weight. I am even very comfortable in driving nano for a long distance in a single stretch. I have no doubt about space comfort in any tata product.
koushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 15:03   #1418
BHPian

Guys have been driving my Nexon since last month now and have noticed a few niggles here and there. It hasn't been my daily driver but whatever i have driven it for i found the ride to be very comfortable and top quality but have noticed a few niggles.I am mentioning them below.

1. While i try to reverse my car i hear some noise from the steering rod connected to the steering wheel. Haven't heard such noise while moving forward but it's only the Reverse gear which gives out this strange 'kerrr' 'kerrr' noise once a while. Not sure what it is so would like to know has anybody else discovered this issue.

2. Nexon has a superior build quality and is heavier than the competition which is evident when we try to close the door as they close with a solid thud reflecting the heavy build of the car,however if we try to keep the window partially open and then close the door i found the window vibrating too much and the door closing with lighter sound showing as if the window panels are loosely fitted. The door closes with a very annoying and a tin can type sound as the window is partially down and it vibrates too much when we close the door. Is it with my car only or others have noticed the same issue with their car. Make sure the windows is halfway down when you close the door to realise the sound on the door while closing it.

3. I had 2 bars of fuel indicators showing few days ago and i refilled my car with about 12 litres of fuel but strangely fuel indicator bars didn't move at all and still showed only 2 bars,however the distance to empty did change but the fuel indicator bars didn't move. Is it a bug or anything else as i am apprehensive what if it starts giving a false alarm with the low fuel warning when my car already has enough fuel.

4. The remote key does not work many times which i had already reported. and strangely it starts working again when i use the manual key to lock or unlock my car and then place the remote key in the area which is meant for it. I start the car and then the remote key starts working again the next time but why does it stop working i have no idea.The remote key issue however is very persistent and keeps haunting me every now and then.

I would really like to know from my fellow BHPians has anybody else observed these issues and what is the solution or the cause for the same or is it me who is the unlucky guy here.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 15:26   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
1. While i try to reverse my car i hear some noise from the steering rod connected to the steering wheel. Haven't heard such noise while moving forward but it's only the Reverse gear which gives out this strange 'kerrr' 'kerrr' noise once a while. Not sure what it is so would like to know has anybody else discovered this issue.
Never ever do this. There used to be an advice when power windows came into existence [around 10 years ago] that not to shut the doors with the glass half rolled down. I have seen this vibration in other cars as well. So, Nexon is no exception to this behaviour.
kaviprem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 15:53   #1420
BHPian

I got a call from my SA today to inform me that they have received a container of cars today. However, it only has diesel Nexons and not petrol XZA+ that I had booked. On inquiring about the affect this would have in the delivery date, he said that he cannot commit to a date as of now and would confirm the date after 26th of June (my delivery date was 28 June).
What should I do about it? Is this an issue from the company dispatcher or did the dealership book the wrong model?
Please advise.
Old 21st June 2018, 16:49   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Is this an issue from the company dispatcher or did the dealership book the wrong model?
Please advise.
Usually what cars are dispatched from factory is not 100% controlled by dealer's order.
Sometime company pushes out some variants which dealer might not have ordered at all.
This migh be due to grouped batch production of certain variants in a go.
I am not saying that your dealer was not a fault but just sharing that there thin chance of company pushing out the stocks on their own.

It's like if a dealer wants some additional units (above the avg monthly allowed number) of certain variant only, then company forces them to also buy some non-wanted variant. It's kind of give and take happening in the background for favouring them. Happens with almost all companies and their dealers.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 19:36   #1422
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has rolled out a new P2P (Promise 2 Protect) plan called the Protect Plus or P2P Plus.

Price list attached for 5 cars - Zest, Bolt, Tiago, Tigor & Nexon.

Thanks to good friend Prabhagar S.

Protect Plus Plan Price List.xls
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 09:06   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post

2. Nexon has a superior build quality and is heavier than the competition which is evident when we try to close the door as they close with a solid thud reflecting the heavy build of the car,however if we try to keep the window partially open and then close the door i found the window vibrating too much and the door closing with lighter sound showing as if the window panels are loosely fitted. The door closes with a very annoying and a tin can type sound as the window is partially down and it vibrates too much when we close the door. Is it with my car only or others have noticed the same issue with their car. Make sure the windows is halfway down when you close the door to realise the sound on the door while closing it.

I generally avoid closing the door with windows half down but have faced this with TATA vehicles. I have experienced it in Indigo eCS, Tiago, Safari Storme. Nothing to worry about. As Prem said we should never do this in vehicles with power windows.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 09:59   #1424
BHPian

I'm confused between P2P, Extended Warranty and Gold AMC. The SA says I can buy all these when the first year of free service is about to expire. That TATA motors service website on the other hand recommends taking it as early as possible.

What should I do?
Old 22nd June 2018, 11:36   #1425
BHPian

All,

I have some update:

After seven and half years and 1,60,000 kilometers, I and my beloved Linea MJD finally grew tired of each other and I sold the car last week. The last two months were difficult with the car, almost half the time spent in garage, with engine overhaul, gear issues and turbo replacement.

Anyway, why is it relevant here? Well, I just booked a Tata Nexon Petrol XZA+ in Orange dual-tone shade. They have just billed the car and I should be getting it early next week if everything goes as per plan.

Almost like last time (last time I had Vento as the second choice), this was the only car I short-listed. Only question was whether a petrol or a diesel and for two reasons I decided to go with petrol:

1. Obviously, the cost. The diesel is one lakh costlier and attracts more road tax in TN since it is over 10L.
2. This time around I don't expect to drive as much as I did with my Linea and of course, the diesel has come a long way from 40 Rs to 70 Rs.
3. Couldn't find anything particularly amiss in the petrol engine. I read the AMT being a better fit in diesel car, but couldn't find any evidence of that in my back to back test drives. Perhaps, a touch laggard in switching gears when I floored the throttle but I guess I do less of that these days.

We had some questions around the color with both my wife and son wanting red. But looking at the orange shade in person, they kind of liked it. Besides, the red one has one shade too many. The ceramic piece at the back in the Orange is same gray as the roof top, which to us, looks lot cleaner.

In some ways it feels like a downgrade to me, but when I write down everything on paper (except the length and the classy looks), the Nexon seems to offer lot more in terms of features.

And looks like the I will still get the insurance for 5K and also opting for extended warranty and gold AMC and manual sunroof as accessory. Don't yet know about the P2P.
prakash_ajp is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks