Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 12:22   #1441
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hello Friends,

I need help from you all experts.

Background
My current drive Hyundai Accent is 9 years old, Completed 55K on ODO and have started showing age. Some rusting in the door, AC needs overhaul, it is running on original clutch, so might need that to be replaced and 2 tyres needs to be changed (I just changed the front 2 tyre and have run less than 2K). I have shortlisted Nexon as replacement, however, my heart still says Hexa but head not allowing. I am currently dealing with Aadya Motors near Hebbal, Bangalore.

Help needed
1. Onroad price quoted for Nexon DT XZ+ Diesel is 1168566 after all discounts and that for Hexa XE is 1525502 after all discounts, difference is 3.6L. Then to add some essentials like reverse parking camera, alloy, fog lamp etc. need close to 1L which means the difference is approx 5L. Is it financially worth to plonk this amount and go with Hexa XE. I know the comparison is between apple and orange, but for me it is between heart and head.

2. In the quotations, for Nexon & Hexa there is a component "Registration fee - 2300". For Nexon another component "logistic charges - 5000" and for Hexa this is 9500. These charges almost negates the discounts given to me. They say it is mandatory and cant reduce these amounts. Is it true?
In couple of discussions here, I have seen T-BHPians managing to remove this, appreciate if someone can let me know which dealer and SA they worked, I can get in touch with those folks and take this forward.

@ Mods:The reason why I posted here in Nexon thread is because my shortlist is Nexon and also I don't feel this warrants a new thread. Please move this post to any other relevant thread if you feel so. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jakku : 25th June 2018 at 12:23. Reason: To add the dealer details.
Old 25th June 2018, 13:38   #1442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Hello Friends,
1. Onroad price quoted for Nexon DT XZ+ Diesel is 1168566 after all discounts and that for Hexa XE is 1525502 after all discounts, difference is 3.6L. Then to add some essentials like reverse parking camera, alloy, fog lamp etc. need close to 1L which means the difference is approx 5L. Is it financially worth to plonk this amount and go with Hexa XE. I know the comparison is between apple and orange, but for me it is between heart and head.
First thing that you need to decide - whether you want a 'huge' car and whether you will be comfortable using it in the roads where you plan to use (city, narrow single road highways might be a pain with Hexa due to dimensions).

Next you need to figure out about the missing features in base Hexa vs. top end Nexon. While some of them are pure cosmetic, some are functional and few can't be added aftermarket (Ex: rear wash wipe and defogger). After paying a premium of 5L, will you be willing to do without these features?

If both the above questions have affirmative answers then you can look at the financial aspect and running costs and get the Hexa home.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 14:10   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Slightly OT : Is this accessory common for all TATA cars? When I enquired about the same, I was told it was available only for NEXON! Was very keen on this one for my Tigor.

TATA needs to improve sale, they have very long way to go in this aspect.
Yes. It's part of the 'official accessories list' that gets sent to the dealers.
Tiago and Tigor have almost same list. And same pricing too. Ask for it directly. If dealer is unresponsive, write to Tata Motors directly. Their sales lacks a push and the punch. The willingness to make it happen no matter what. That being said, it is waaay better than what it was just a few years ago. Still they have some distance to cover.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 14:42   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

2. In the quotations, for Nexon & Hexa there is a component "Registration fee - 2300". For Nexon another component "logistic charges - 5000" and for Hexa this is 9500. These charges almost negates the discounts given to me. They say it is mandatory and cant reduce these amounts. Is it true?
In couple of discussions here, I have seen T-BHPians managing to remove this, appreciate if someone can let me know which dealer and SA they worked, I can get in touch with those folks and take this forward.
I am buying a Nexon too, from TN70 and the dealer doesn't have any handling charge. But, then he is not giving anything free other than the free insurance from Tata. Nexon is selling well, so not sure if you have lot of scope for negotiation. But Hexa would be a different story altogether. You need to tell them you are already stretching your budget and can't buy with the current price and perhaps put up an image that you are ready look at other dealers/cars. I am sure they will come down.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 15:50   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

Next you need to figure out about the missing features in base Hexa vs. top end Nexon. While some of them are pure cosmetic, some are functional and few can't be added aftermarket (Ex: rear wash wipe and defogger). After paying a premium of 5L, will you be willing to do without these features?
Thanks Ashish. It was more of an aspiration than function. But, yeah, Hexa doesn't make sense to me in the XE avatar. May be for the next upgrade, I can collect enough moolah to go for the mid/ top variant. Hopefully, by that time, something else (h2x or h7x) would have hit the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I am buying a Nexon too, from TN70 and the dealer doesn't have any handling charge.
Please clarify the ex-showroom price with the dealers, they might have added it there.

Quote:
But, then he is not giving anything free other than the free insurance from Tata. Nexon is selling well, so not sure if you have lot of scope for negotiation.
I am given 3000 corporate discount + free insurance and charged 5000 handling charge and 2300 as registration fee which means the entire 3K discount is reversed and an extra 4300 is charged from me.

Quote:
But Hexa would be a different story altogether. .... I am sure they will come down.
They gave me just 15000 discount apart from usual 3000 corporate discount and free insurance. Inturn they are charging me 9500+2300 which is negating this 15K discount.

Last edited by Jakku : 25th June 2018 at 15:52. Reason: Adding content to clarify.
Old 25th June 2018, 15:51   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

I need help from you all experts.

Background
My current drive Hyundai Accent is 9 years old, Completed 55K on ODO and have started showing age. Some rusting in the door, AC needs overhaul, it is running on original clutch, so might need that to be replaced and 2 tyres needs to be changed (I just changed the front 2 tyre and have run less than 2K). I have shortlisted Nexon as replacement, however, my heart still says Hexa but head not allowing. I am currently dealing with Aadya Motors near Hebbal, Bangalore.
Brother as you said it yourself you are comparing an Apple with an Orange so the comparison isn't justified at all. Nexon is a Compact SUV and Hexa is full size SUV. Not only that the engine platform as well as seating capacity is different too so you need to make your mind first you want a 5 seater or a 7 seater car. Nexon is compact and has great driveability and with great value for money proposition at hand while as Hexa looks huge and has heavier engine and powertrain thus requires more service cost.

If you compare Nexon with Hyundai Creta that is still justified even if they are from different segments and i feel Creta could be a better buy for you if your budget is set at around 15 lakhs. You can get all the bells and whistles in Creta top model but then again you have to decide you want a 5 seater or a 7 seater. Good thing about Nexon is it has great ride and handling and the smallest turning radius in its segment so small and narrow roads will be taken care of with ease unlike a Hexa which is huge and maneuvering it will be troublesome on narrow roads. Also in a Nexon you get almost all the required features which one wants in a car and you still are saving about 4 lakhs at least comparing with Hexa which does not have so many feature at such a budget. One thing i ask you here is that are you willing to extend your budget to around 15 lakhs and buy a car which is a bit too big,has average interiors,will be fully occupied by 7 persons on board occasionally has more service cost and is difficult to turn around in narrow lanes and last but not the least doesn't have all the features you wish for. I don't see it makes sense to buy a 15 lakh car if a 10 lakhs rupees car has better features and the requirements for you are of a 5 seater.

Rest i leave it to you to be a better judge. Check your requirements once more and then decide. Nexon and Hexa are both great cars no doubt but different people have different needs so choose wisely. For me i think you should try out Hyundai Creta if you are willing to stretch your budget else Nexon is a winner all the way for every prospective buyer looking for a great car in 10 lakhs price bracket.
Syed Monis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 15:56   #1447
BHPian

Quote:

Please clarify the ex-showroom price with the dealers, they might have added it there.

I am given 3000 corporate discount + free insurance and charged 5000 handling charge and 2300 as registration fee which means the entire 3K discount is reversed and an extra 4300 is charged from me.

They gave me just 15000 discount apart from usual 3000 corporate discount and free insurance. Inturn they are charging me 9500+2300 which is negating this 15K discount.

Yes, they tried to do that with me too. Initially, the gave me a discount of 9K on the sunroof, but I noticed the ex-showroom price was more than the listed price on Tata website. I told them to stop fooling around and just give me the right price even if it means not getting any discount (this I thought to myself). So, I am getting the insurance at 5K and a 3K corporate discount. Will see if I can get the floor mats for free.

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 25th June 2018 at 15:57.
Old 25th June 2018, 22:33   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
.... So, I am getting the insurance at 5K and a 3K corporate discount. Will see if I can get the floor mats for free.
Prakash, They have a component "Accessories" in their quote which is 2900/- and they say we will get idol, perfume, mats & mud flap in this. So, ideally nothing is without a cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
.... For me i think you should try out Hyundai Creta if you are willing to stretch your budget else Nexon is a winner all the way for every prospective buyer looking for a great car in 10 lakhs price bracket.
Thanks Syed for your perspective, believe me, this helped me a lot in the fight between heart v/s head.

Update on my booking
I have finally booked Nexon Blue Single Tone colour XZA+ variant. Need to finalise whether petrol or diesel by tomorrow. Expecting an early July delivery.
Jakku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 13:32   #1449
BHPian

Hello all, an update to my booking. Finalised diesel version. I am going via car lease route and the PO is released to the dealer. I am following up with them to get me a firm delivery date. I will keep you all posted with developments.
Old 28th June 2018, 13:59   #1450
BHPian

Bought my baby home yesterday.
It's a Nexon XM Petrol.
Upgraded from Nano to Nexon.
Hope it turns out to be worthy upgrade.
Thank you everyone for your contribution in this forum / thread.
It did help me a lot.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 17:59   #1451

After reading so many posts from all pioneers is supporting Nexon on this forum, I have gone for XZA+ white dual tone. Thanks a ton to all those contributors and and brave-hearts.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180621_2106581.jpg  

kuriancm is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 17:01   #1452
BHPian

An update for my order:
As blue dual tone wasn't available before second week of July at the latest, I decided to go with Glasgow Grey. I was told that a previously unknown colour combination of dual tone with Glasgow Grey is now available. I'm sharing some photographs of it Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180623wa0017.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180623wa0018.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180623wa0019.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180623wa0020.jpgsent to me by the sales manager.
PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 22:01   #1453

Finally got delivery of my white single-tone XZA+ (D) after a seemingly endless wait!! The delay was apparently caused due to unavailability of white color. This trim is almost fully loaded and there is hardly any 'essential' accessory needed extra. They supplied the key band as default 2nd key.

Now will get it spruced up at 3M with basic necessities. The dealer told me that Nexons come with underbody anti-rust treatment already done from the factory. Upon checking, I found it is true. But this looks more like a thin coat. So will see what 3M guy has to suggest.
Dips is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:05   #1454
BHPian

Picked up my XZA+ on June 30th from the stockyard. Got 3M's PPF on the front and rear bumper corners, ORVMS, door edges and handles. Will share a mini review in a few days of the buying experience.

teknicsand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:46   #1455
Distinguished - BHPian

A curious-looking test mule was spotted by my good friend Autospy on the streets of Pune yesterday. He observed that the car, based on the XZ+ variant, had a manual transmission before it moved out of sight.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image1.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image2.jpeg

Early BS-VI prototype? A new variant? Only time will tell.

A Nexon Owners Meet was organised in Kerala recently, with some help from Concorde, Kochi. Around 30 Nexon owners actively participated in it. Some notable snaps:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image7.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image3.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image9.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image5.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image4.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image6.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image8.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image22.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image42.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image10.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image11.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image52.jpeg