Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:53   #1456
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Amazing snaps, caught with the Nexon group.
I guess, this is one vehicle where its very difficult to choose a "preferred" colour! in a positive sense since all the colours are looking good.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 08:27   #1457
BHPian

When are the lower AMT variants launching?
Old 4th July 2018, 09:46   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post
An update for my order:

Attachment 1776452sent to me by the sales manager.
The gap between A pillar and wiped area between wiper is minimum 3 or more inches. Anyone is facing visibility issues while driving in rain.?
Old 4th July 2018, 16:48   #1459
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
The gap between A pillar and wiped area between wiper is minimum 3 or more inches. Anyone is facing visibility issues while driving in rain.?
No issues. Drove in a down pour. The wipers worked well and were super silent as well.
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 17:23   #1460
BHPian

Do you get a booklet for Extended Warranty and Gold AMC? I only got the receipt for the payment so far.
Old 4th July 2018, 17:40   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
previously unknown colour combination of dual tone with Glasgow Grey is now available
Its not appealing to me at least. Would have perhaps looked better with white.
Old 4th July 2018, 19:00   #1462
BHPian

So today, I did the PDI and completed the paperwork for Nexon XZA+ Petrol in Dual Tone Glasgow Grey color (I was told that I'm among the first customers of the first batch of this colour). I checked especially for roof liner finish near the A-pillar as it was reported to be roughly finished earlier in this thread. I checked the software version of the infotainment system and found ot to be August 2017 version. I asked for it to be updated but I was informed that only Harman engineers are allowed to tinker with the software.

Also took 2-year extended warranty.

For the accessories, I opted for seat covers, mats, mudguard and illuminated scuff plates.
I'll take the delivery of car on 6th July due to it being an auspicious day.
I must add that the showroom staff was especially courteous, helpful and left no stone unturned to make me and my family comfortable.
I'll post photos of the car after taking delivery. Any advice for the D-Day is welcome and much appreciated. And what should I do about the butterflies in my stomach?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 4th July 2018 at 21:25. Reason: Adding extended warranty
PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 22:08   #1463
srh
BHPian

Quote:
I checked the software version of the infotainment system and found ot to be August 2017 version. I asked for it to be updated but I was informed that only Harman engineers are allowed to tinker with the software.

Surprising. Mine came with Apr-18 version last week from factory

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 5th July 2018 at 10:59. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 5th July 2018, 10:03   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Do you get a booklet for Extended Warranty and Gold AMC? I only got the receipt for the payment so far.
Yes, you do get seperate booklets for extended warranty and the AMC.

In my case, I had taken the Extended warranty and P2P coverage. The dealership just mailed the receipts and became silent. I followed up with the SA who said that the receipt is all they get. He was surprised when the booklets were actually sent!!

This incident speaks about the ignorance of the dealership staff.

TATA will be paying the price for having incompetent dealers in their network unless they get their act together right.
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 12:20   #1465
BHPian

So the sales numbers for the month of June 2018 are out and we have a new 2nd place holder for Compact SUV in Nexon which has just pushed Ford EcoSport to 3rd sport by a small margin. TATA sold 4148 Nexons compared to Fords 4007 EcoSports in the month of June 2018 thus taking the 2nd spot from Eco Sport yet again.

However i am more happy for TATA Tiago which has sold 8327 units for the month of June which is highest for any TATA car ever and it has beaten the likes of Maruti Celerio and other established brands by a huge margin.But overall i am surprised by the sales of TATA Nexon not going beyond 4200-4300 units on an average as i expected the sales to grow thanks to the AMT variants which were launched in MAY. Many people were already waiting eagerly for the AMT to launch so i thought the sales will increase a bit more,not sure why its still in the same sales number bracket of 4000-4300 units considering how brilliant the car has been from TATA and the public has given it a big thumbs up.
Syed Monis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 13:33   #1466
BHPian

I see a lot of queries online about when TATA will launch the lower variants of the AMT. The numbers might go up further then.
Old 5th July 2018, 14:11   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
But overall i am surprised by the sales of TATA Nexon not going beyond 4200-4300 units on an average as i expected the sales to grow thanks to the AMT variants which were launched in MAY. Many people were already waiting eagerly for the AMT to launch so i thought the sales will increase a bit more,not sure why its still in the same sales number bracket of 4000-4300 units considering how brilliant the car has been from TATA and the public has given it a big thumbs up.
As usual, the mental block of "Nahi yaar, Tata nahi leni" (No Brother, Won't buy a Tata).

But slowly, this mental block is fading (very slowly, but still). Tata has put every step forward correctly off-late, starting from Tiago (Name fiasco notwithstanding ). Hope they continue in the same vein, and people will convert.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 14:24   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
As usual, the mental block of "Nahi yaar, Tata nahi leni" (No Brother, Won't buy a Tata).

But slowly, this mental block is fading (very slowly, but still). Tata has put every step forward correctly off-late, starting from Tiago (Name fiasco notwithstanding ). Hope they continue in the same vein, and people will convert.
Exactly bro.Slowly but steadily TATA is gaining acceptance among the masses now and 3 to 4 years down the line if they keep making the cars they have made off late then surely the market share will increase and people will love buying a TATA product. Infact when i got my own Nexon many people in my life questioned my decision and said i might regret my decision as its a TATA car and Why did i buy a TATA car but i was sure i made a good decision.Now the same people are happy with my decision and are thinking beyond Maruti and Hyundai to get a TATA product after seeing the quality product TATA has produced.

Last edited by Syed Monis : 5th July 2018 at 14:36. Reason: typo
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 16:16   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
No, I too only have a receipt acknowledging the same. I will ask about the AMC booklet from my SA.
Old 5th July 2018, 16:51   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
But slowly, this mental block is fading (very slowly, but still). Hope they continue in the same vein, and people will convert.
+ 1 to this. In last 6-7 months many of my friends did not even bother to check out the Tata cars. 65% of the people even liked Tata cars when I told them to at least checkout if not buying. But the bad image still exists in most the people, decision is changed either because of the family members or the image if they buy Tata car. They are happy buying the Tin cans and extracting the fuel efficiency, cannot change their thinking as other manufactures have made a image that we build good and cheap to own cars with best FE.

Time will decide faith of Tata cars, but after what Tata has done with LR and Jaguar I guess its high time Tata will focus on their own Indian market now. Good luck to them.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks