Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 23:17   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Would like to comment on the ride quality of Nexon as there are many recent posts regarding the same. Having been spoilt by the quality of the Hexa, i was dissapointed in the Nexon. But guess it was my fault as i had set the standards high.
That will be due to the Hexa. Yesterday I had to drive on a real bad section of road. Except the city buses, all were avoiding the path. Happily went there, and was grinning after crossing it .. Our vehicles are heavy, with a much longer wheel base. That makes a lot of difference. Nope, no plans to trade in the Storme for the more compact Nexon now.
Old 17th October 2017, 23:26   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Nope, no plans to trade in the Storme for the more compact Nexon now.
Oh no, please don't do that! You could at least wait for another year and a half. Looking at how aggressive TATA is in launching new products (and the spy pics), i guess there would be atleast two more new entries from them in different segments.
Nexon has set the expectations high and hope they deliver.
Old 18th October 2017, 02:16   #108
BHPian

This for sure is not knocking off the Brezza and EcoSport from their places on the sales charts. All it can do is settle for the third position. It sure looks very unlike the Tata's but as people have said the looks are polarizing and then there is the question of reliability of the new engines and vehicle. I will be happy it it does more than a 1000 - 1500 units a month. Less mix of colors on the outside would have helped. The design elements and the colors adds a lot of quirkiness to the product. To me, it does not exude the seriousness that a pseudo SUV should.

Positives are - Great ground clearance, better build, fatter rubber.

I know there are lot of TATA fans who have moved away from the brand. Will they come back to TATA with this product? I don't think so. Still a good effort and it sure gives an idea on where TATA is going ahead with its design and product development strategy.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 08:33   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Power Drift's take on - Indian Cars Got Talent : Nexon vs Brezza vs WRV ?

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 13:06   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Power Drift's take on - Indian Cars Got Talent : Nexon vs Brezza vs WRV ?
Couldn't they have done something less tongue-in-cheek, less-flashy and less-sarcastic? It is a good attempt at humor but one needs to understand that there are buyers out there who'd prefer a clean video comparison between these three cars. Probably the OP wanted to take a leaf out of the Grand Tour book of humorous car insights.

But again, what the OP says in the end is what mirrors something that's been told time and again on this thread; Nexon remains an all-rounder package. The next few days should be interesting considering the festival buzz and the numbers should reflect in October sales.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 14:45   #111
BHPian

Finally the much awaited review. Thanks to the team for the great work.

Today I was told by Concorde Motors, Guindy - Chennai that road approval for Nexon is not yet given and still the 1st set of deliveries are waiting. I booked my Nexon on 4th Oct with them and looks like it will easily take another month for me to get mine. I already sold my Swift too early and now in jeopardy without a car.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 18:10   #112
BHPian

Zigwheels and Kartikeya Singhee do a Nexon vs. Brezza. A clean review unlike the one from Powerdrift. The verdict will surely polarize opinion.

Last edited by sleepyhead148 : 18th October 2017 at 18:18. Reason: Replaced like with from.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 19:39   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
TD vehicle is still not available in the Trivandrum Motors. I had seen the Nexon in person at the showroom and it looks good. Only thing remaining is to TD the car.
Today evening I went to TRIVANDRUM MOTORS, Thakaraparambu Showroom. There were 3 Nexons. One was Red Single Tone with Test Drive stickers outside the Showroom, the second one was Blue Dual Tone inside the Showroom and the third one was a Silver waiting for delivery. A family took delivery and it seemed they were very happy with the vehicle. I didn't like the Blue one, it was too flashy. This was their third delivery. Apparently, Test Drive will start only after completing RTO formalities. So we can expect Test Drive from Friday onwards.
Old 18th October 2017, 19:48   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Oh no, please don't do that! You could at least wait for another year and a half. Looking at how aggressive TATA is in launching new products (and the spy pics), i guess there would be atleast two more new entries from them in different segments.
I am keeping the Storme. Compact SUV's may have certain advantages, but the fun of a big one is something else. Will wait for the 5-seater Q501, but no promises of changing to that either

Btw, have just opened up Storme's dashboard. Doing some re-wiring, trying some damping ..
Old 18th October 2017, 20:41   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Same experience...l. Kudos!
I am in agreement as well, was surprised by the review comment, for i felt it was good and mind you during my drive i did not go over 40, I currently own an Ecosport and when compared Nexon is miles ahead in slow speeds.
Old 18th October 2017, 20:46   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Zigwheels and Kartikeya Singhee do a Nexon vs. Brezza. A clean review unlike the one from Powerdrift. The verdict will surely polarize opinion.
The main problem here is niggles. It is a disaster for Tata to have niggles in their TD vehicle and more so even after paying a visit a service center they were not fixed. Tata should take care of such aspects and like reviewer says they shouldn't throw away their advantage.
P.S. People might say this is a deliberate attempt to sabotage Tata's image, however I feel Tata should fix the niggles and service issue in the same way they have fixed their vehicle design and engineering.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 21:32   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! I am not sure he is exactly unbiased but absolutely no mention of 6 speed GB of Nexon or pathetic build quality of Brezza! Btw Interesting comments from public on that video.
akshay380 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 21:56   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wow! I am not sure he is exactly unbiased but absolutely no mention of 6 speed GB of Nexon or pathetic build quality of Brezza! Btw Interesting comments from public on that video.
Yup. Karthikeya Singhee is usually very balanced but has made clear error of judgement on this one. Majority of the comments are questioning his judgement. In this age of social media and consumer awareness one simply cannot get away with glaring omissions.
Old 18th October 2017, 21:57   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
The main problem here is niggles. It is a disaster for Tata to have niggles in their TD vehicle and more so even after paying a visit a service center they were not fixed. Tata should take care of such aspects and like reviewer says they shouldn't throw away their advantage.
P.S. People might say this is a deliberate attempt to sabotage Tata's image, however I feel Tata should fix the niggles and service issue in the same way they have fixed their vehicle design and engineering.
We've seen QC issues on Hexa for the first few months which were very efficiently addressed by TASS, with them visiting homes too in a few cases.

Though the TASS is competent enough to address issues and their response to Hexa is very encouraging, the QC team has to be aggressive. Simple issues like twisted seat belts, loose roof rails, etc, which are minor issues, shouldn't arise in the first place.

Hope that wouldn't be the case with Nexon!
Old 18th October 2017, 23:12   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Zigwheels and Kartikeya Singhee do a Nexon vs. Brezza.
When he started I thought he is going to decimate the Brezza but apart from the first few seconds the review belonged in favor of the Brezza. This is a really polarizing review. One will have to make a very hard case to settle for the Nexon after the niggles issue raised up. What TATA could play with is the price advantage but that too is not by much. Good luck Nexon. And yes, I like how this guy presents but sometimes he makes more faces than Akshay Khanna
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed