Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 12:07   #241
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
With due respect to all our reviewers of the current Tata offerings, can we now have the negative points about Tata's after-sales under What you won’t like changed/removed ?

Anyone else who thinks alike ?
I believe the best way to go ahead is to show the rankings provided by various companies like JD Power etc. While that may not reflect the true picture, I believe it would reflect the situation far better than anecdotal evidence and perceptions.

In the meanwhile, we may have a poll of our own with members who own a particular brand or owned a brand within the last 6 months voting on various parameters. Then we would have a TBHP ranking and general ranking.

For example we can have four parameters with different weightage

Parameter Weightage
Quality of Service - 50%
Timeliness of Service - 20%
Cost of Service - 15%
Accessibility/Location - 7.5%
Interaction with Advisor etc - 7.5%

Of course there can be sub-parameters within each head, once again with different weightage etc.

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 1st November 2017 at 12:29.
vamsi.kona is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:07   #242
BHPian

Now that Tiago AMT is launched, I hope Nexon AMT will next on tata's cards. RavenAvi, any update on Nexon AMT launch?
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:39   #243
Senior - BHPian

Initial ownership video review of Nexon XM diesel
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:03   #244
BHPian

September 17 sales figures are out. Neon score is 2772

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd November 2017 at 20:02. Reason: October -> September
Old 4th November 2017, 10:49   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
September 17 sales figures are out. Neon score is 2772
2772 units is great and near the Ecosport. The October 17 figures should be 4K or so
Old 4th November 2017, 18:09   #246
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this mule today on Pune-Solapur highway going towards pune.

It was fully masked up including front Tata logo.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-wp_20171104_10_27_59_pro-medium.jpg

Last edited by jeepster : 4th November 2017 at 18:12.
jeepster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 18:30   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
RavenAvi, any update on Nexon AMT launch?
Q1 2018, most probably in the month of March.

Official communication regarding waiting periods:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-wp.jpg

And the VIN sticker on a recently delivered car. Notice the "Osprey" mention and the different colour shade mention (instead of Seattle Silver):

Tata Nexon : Official Review-stkr.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 08:28   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

And the VIN sticker on a recently delivered car. Notice the "Osprey" mention and the different colour shade mention (instead of Seattle Silver):
You might want to mask the barcode as it is easily readable by any barcode reading app.
Old 5th November 2017, 11:43   #249
BHPian

Spotted a Tata Nexon while driving to Hebbal near Palace grounds. It was dual toned. The Nexon design is not neutral and evokea strong yes or no.
Old 6th November 2017, 12:05   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Got to know from my sources that an issue has been identified during PDI of Nexon petrol variants, due to which the company has issued an official communique to all dealers that it will take at least 15 days to rectify the issue, and to keep all would-be deliveries temporarily on hold.

Also, all petrol Nexon dispatches have been put on hold for now.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 12:30   #251
BHPian

TD'ed a Nexon petrol yesterday. Fantastic car. Awesome road presence and ground clearance. Liked the suspension. Took it over a few bumps where the beat or wagon r throws people around and there was very minimal movement. Few things stood out though:
a. intercooler seems too exposed for comfort.
b. Clutch was insanely light, more than the wagon R.
c. My feet were fouling with the steering column on pressing the clutch.
d. ECO mode was too dull. Very unusable i must say.
e. The center console was too high. almost like sitting next to a wall.

Loved the dashboard and the infotainment system. Also bottle holders should have been upright and not slanted to prevent spills.
All in all a fantastic effort from TATA with all the proper points addressed. I had TD'ed the Zest then the TIAGO which was an improvement over the zest. This one was even better, TATA sure is making good cars. Hope the service supports these wonderful machines.
shantonob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 12:40   #252
BHPian

Quote:

Also, all petrol Nexon dispatches have been put on hold for now.
Thanks RavenAvi for your valuable inputs. Any pointers as to what may be the issue? My XZ+ Diesel is slated for delivery next week. Also would be helpful if you can share whether you plan to go ahead with booking made for Nexon.
Old 7th November 2017, 19:25   #253
BHPian

Quote:

Official communication regarding waiting periods:

RavenAvi: Did you get the delivery of the Nexon that you booked? Looking forward to your ownership review!
Old 8th November 2017, 02:07   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally took a test drive of the Nexon diesel.

Took the test drive from TC motors Howrah. The advantage of this showroom is, its located right beside Nh6, so one can take a test drive of 15-20 kms on a 6 lane highway. The staffs were friendly and cooperative. The test drive vehicle was arranged in 15 minutes. In the mean time we were offered coffee/tea/cold drinks.
My last two visits to Tata showrooms were not at all pleasant, they were rather disappointing. 1st was was in 2010 for a Fiat Punto, 2nd one was for a Nano in 2013. But this time its a different experience altogether. The professionalism, friendliness everything was proper and up to the mark.

Coming to the car-

Looks are subjective. I had a neutral feel. It neither looks good nor bad. Felt the rear to be a bit quirky.

Getting inside and coming out of the vehicle was easy. One really do not have to climb up. Elderly persons shouldn't have a problem. The doors felt heavy and shut with a thud. Build quality seemed to be great.

The interiors were awesome. I loved it. May be best in its class. Starting right from the drivers side arm rest to all the controls, i found every thing to be ergonomically positioned.

The ac was a chiller.

The music system sounds good.

The seats were comfortable. Though i found it to be more suitable for four persons rather than five. The leg space in front and rear were adequate.

The boot space felt okay too. Coming from an Etios, any cars boot space feels small to me !

Coming to the driving part-

Had to press the clutch to start the car. Started driving in ECO mode. It was strictly average. Had to push the vehicle hard on 3rd gear to reach the triple digit speeds fast on the highways. It should be adequate inside city. One can use the ECO mode on highways too, if he is a sedate driver and maintains a steady cruising speed. Fast driving on single lane highway can be a bit tricky with the ECO mode on. One have to pre-plan the overtaking maneuvers.

After driving for 5-6 kms i shifted to sports mode. I had an expectation that the car will simply take off with the sports mode on! But its not! With sports mode on, i will say the performance was adequate but its not a scorcher. If i buy a Nexon this will be my default driving mode. With sports mode, one gets more than adequate power and decent pick up for the Indian highways. I pushed the vehicle beyond 120 km/hr on an open stretch and it was rock stable with good speed masking capacity.

The 260nm torque is evident. Nexon pulls cleanly from 2nd gear without any input on the accelerator.

The overall NVH level inside the cabin was really good. Engine sound is audible if windows are rolled down or one is standing beside the car.

The handling was up to the mark. Liked the way the car handles. Drove fast on a longish 'U' turn, did sudden lane changes with good speed but the car was rock steady and never gave any nervous feeling. The handling is quite sure footed. The eps is well calibrated too. It gives decent feedback. Appreciating the handling of Nexon after driving an old gen Ford Figo!

The braking is good too. Slammed the brakes at 110km/hr. Abs kicked in and the car stopped without any drama.

The low speed ride quality was a bit harsh but it gets better at higher speeds. The low speed harsh ride quality was acceptable against the handling this car offers.

The only thing i didn't like was the gear shift. I wont say its notchy or rubbery. While engaging 5th the slotting was not very smooth for a couple of time. Engaging the reverse gear required more pressure than what i would have liked.

Took it off the road to do a bit of soft roading. The 209mm ground clearance was more than adequate with excellent approach and departure angles. People who like travelling to hills and places like Ladakh or Himachal will be more than happy with this car!

As a package i loved the Nexon. The pricing felt VFM too.

Few pics i took from the test drive-

The speedometer console looks good and neat.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7530.jpg

Center console looks classy
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7531.jpg

Have to lift the ring to engage reverse gear.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7532.jpg

350L boot space is adequate for the long weekend family trips.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7534.jpg

Rear seat comfort and leg room were good. The rear AC vent was effective too.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7535.jpg

More than adequate ground clearance. Ladakh goers will be happy!
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7536.jpg

The quirky rear!
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7538.jpg

From this angle, i felt the car to be most smart looking.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7537.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 8th November 2017 at 02:28.
Samba is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 06:10   #255
Senior - BHPian

The Center console looks good except for this glitch,
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7531.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks