Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 07:40   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Frameless wipers look smart and have a good sweep. Notice the angle of the passenger-side wiper blade, which sticks out far too much and looks out of place:
The wipers are not out of place.

If one were to look at the aspects of the wipers, the wiper on the driver side will be the key. They have given max possible coverage there. And in the space left ( after allowing for required length of the driver side wiper blade), the second wiper arm + blade combination has allowed this. Since the position of this second wiper also does not foul the view towards the front, I dont really see any reason to complain.

The design is practical, and gives the best possible coverage for this windshield (read - size of the windshield). The one other option that could have been done was to have the Butterfly style that we see in the Hexa & other cars.

Last edited by condor : 8th November 2017 at 07:41.
condor is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 08:01   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

The design is practical, and gives the best possible coverage for this windshield (read - size of the windshield). The one other option that could have been done was to have the Butterfly style that we see in the Hexa & other cars.
Though the coverage area is more for butterfly type, am not a fan of them! The top centre portion is completely ignored and that's the area where the dashcams go. During rains or when the glass is covered with dirt, there's zero clarity in the videos.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 8th November 2017 at 08:03.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 13:37   #258
Senior - BHPian

Tata sold 3,099 units of Nexon in the month of October.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 21:27   #259
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying. I have had many onlookers, critics and Bhpians even point out the flaw in design and even ask for the need for that.

This is a fantastic point and we need to look at it from 3 different point of views, in other words engineering design aspects;
first, the design of the vehicle - How raked the windscreen is? In most cars with aerodynamically favoring raked windscreen such slightly tilted wipers are must, so that they stay within the windscreen limits

Second - As Bhpian Condor rightly pointed out, the sweeping area, which is very critical for driver, viewing during rains. With such raked windscreen and design sweeping area adherence which is mandatory for the vehicle to pass homologation.

Third - The Wiper design itself being flexi ones, Tata needed to ensure its pressure points and wiping effectiveness.

Sometimes its easy to point out flaws in a design but difficult to appreciate the need for that.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:58   #260
BHPian

Was following a red, dual tone Nexon near ORR, Hebbal at 7:15PM yesterday in Bangalore. Had not seen this colour and it looks amazing in the night! The tail lamps give the rear a unique touch and stands out clearly from the crowd.
However, similar to the Hexa, the horns are pathetic. Has TATA changed their vendors from Hella to someone else? Not sure the brand in the Hexa, but it sounds shrill and suits a smaller car.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:12   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Was following a red, dual tone Nexon near ORR, Hebbal at 7:15PM yesterday in Bangalore. Had not seen this colour and it looks amazing in the night! The tail lamps give the rear a unique touch and stands out clearly from the crowd.
You stole my words. I experienced the same, too. Only yesterday in twilight, we spotted a dual-tone red Nexon parked by the road. There were four of us in our car and we were like, "wow!" It looked superb. Nexon driver had his foot on the brake and the lit tail-lamp made it look even better. If I'm buying Nexon, it has to be dual tone red. Speaking of which, any news on AMT Nexon front?
Old 9th November 2017, 11:18   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Any pointers as to what may be the issue? My XZ+ Diesel is slated for delivery next week.
Engine mounts, I am told. Specific to the petrol Nexons only.

Go ahead with your diesel delivery. Congratulations in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Also would be helpful if you can share whether you plan to go ahead with booking made for Nexon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Did you get the delivery of the Nexon that you booked?
Nope. I have put my Nexon plans on hold for now.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 11:42   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Engine mounts, I am told. Specific to the petrol Nexons only.

Go ahead with your diesel delivery. Congratulations in advance!
I think that the diesel version too has engine mount issues. The test drive car I drove, vibrated like hell when the engine was switched off.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:48   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
You stole my words. I experienced the same, too. Only yesterday in twilight, we spotted a dual-tone red Nexon parked by the road. There were four of us in our car and we were like, "wow!" It looked superb. Nexon driver had his foot on the brake and the lit tail-lamp made it look even better. If I'm buying Nexon, it has to be dual tone red. Speaking of which, any news on AMT Nexon front?
No matter how quirky people feel the rear is, it just grows on you. Especially in the dark, it looks magnificent!
Regarding AMT, TATA are quick in updating their products and variants. The Hexa Downtown version is already out.
Hence, i guess it would be early next year that the AMT would be available. Few auto-websites too claim that AMT has been spotted testing, not sure how they differentiate, given the car would be under wraps.
Old 10th November 2017, 13:37   #265
BHPian

Tata Motors to double Nexon output, bring down waiting period.
Details here: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...d-2434961.html

Last edited by navin : 10th November 2017 at 14:51. Reason: added title to link
mobydick1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 14:39   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
Minimum of 6000 Nexons per month is going to be great news for TATA.

Tiago - 8000
Nexon - 6000
Tigor/Zest - 4000
Hexa - 1000

Two new SUVs next year, new premium hatchback, Safari Facelift? Things are indeed getting better for TATA. With quite a few launches planned by Mahindra, come 2020 our auto industry would be wonderful. I imagine a tight contest between Hyundai, Mahindra & TATA. Even Maruti would be on its heels.
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 19:23   #267
BANNED

Quote:

The smaller blade angle is similar in the Honda City, Ecosport. Why single out the Nexon ?

Quote:
The top centre portion is completely ignored and that's the area where the dashcams go. During rains or when the glass is covered with dirt, there's zero clarity in the videos.
The dashcam can also be affixed on the dash .. it's a DASH cam, not a roof cam !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata sold 3,099 units of Nexon in the month of October.
Kudos to the TATA team for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudeep_Kimster View Post

Sometimes its easy to point out flaws in a design but difficult to appreciate the need for that.
+1 to that. The easiest to do is to point out flaws, especially on a TATA.

Quote:
However, similar to the Hexa, the horns are pathetic. Has TATA changed their vendors from Hella to someone else? Not sure the brand in the Hexa, but it sounds shrill and suits a smaller car.
I am using the dual tone HELLA horns on the ARIA since 2012. They are quite loud and form the audio warning for the perimetric alarm system as well. Any louder and it may cross the legal limit, please be aware.
Old 11th November 2017, 21:04   #268
BHPian

Today, I visited Concord, TATA showroom here in Pune along with my family to inquire for Nexon. I had a very bad experience there. There was no one to attend us. We reached to reception and asked if someone can tell us about Nexon and its prices.

One sales person came and we felt that he had no interest at all in showing the car. We sat in the car inside the showroom and checked the details ourselves. I asked him the price list, he came with the price list and started telling that there is a waiting period of 3 months without explaining the price details.

We came out in 10 minutes from the showroom and drove to Ford.
manish_symc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 22:19   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Today, I visited Concord, TATA showroom here in Pune along with my family to inquire for Nexon. I had a very bad experience there. There was no one to attend us. We reached to reception and asked if someone can tell us about Nexon and its prices.

One sales person came and we felt that he had no interest at all in showing the car. We sat in the car inside the showroom and checked the details ourselves. I asked him the price list, he came with the price list and started telling that there is a waiting period of 3 months without explaining the price details.

We came out in 10 minutes from the showroom and drove to Ford.
Sad to see that Tata has not been focused on improving the dealership experience. In Ahmedabad, our experience has been the opposite. We've been called many times announcing discounts and better buy back offers and when we went to the showroom, we were given ample time to look at the car. In a way, I feel that if we're left alone to look at the car, it is better. However, that perception varies.

If there's any other showroom, it would be nice if you could visit it. The best course of action would be to request a test-drive car at your door step. No need to visit the showroom.

The Nexon is a much more value for money product than the Ecosport. Personally, I think that the Ecosport is outdated and feels extremely mediocre (the old version) when you drive on roads which are not surfaced. But that's an opinion, not a fact.

Thanks.
Old 11th November 2017, 22:38   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
I had a very bad experience there. There was no one to attend us.
Unfortunately with Tata its either a hit or a miss, at least as things stand today. It pains especially when they have such a well engineered product. I had to escalate to President's (Mr Mayank Pareek) office as my Nexon delivery was repeatedly postponed. Trust me within 3 hours the issue was resolved. If you still intend to give it a shot, do let me know. I will help you to get in touch with this super cool guy at Tata Motors Head office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks