Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2017, 11:05   #316
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wow! You guessed about the quality of the light just by a glance! Good going there!
For all you know it could have received a whack from behind by another car or just a loose connector.
Let me reiterate. The car I saw was a test drive car. Not a car sold to the customer. A whack will show some external damage of some sorts which was not visible. Or maybe you saw the car as well. Brake light was working but not the parking light. So I can assume connectors were alright. Maybe I'm wrong. Connectors going loose just like that? Could you please throw some light on the cause?

A test drive car is the one a prospective customer looks at before finalising on the car. It's a turn off if a car with defect/defects are brought to me for test drive. For sure I wouldn't brush it off saying it's a one off case.
nikhn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 11:21   #317
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nikhn, Would you believe an owner who says there is absolutely no niggle in this Tata car? No fused lights, nothing. Everything just works. Getting into the plush confines itself is a daily treat and the drive is a bonus. Sorry to disappoint you buddy.

You may PM me to check for any other quality aspects you're noticing, let me also double check on mine. Fit and finish are on par with Brezza and Ecosport. Don't know if any other sedan is being compared here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Speaks about the quality used.
One more thing; Someone on the thread said opening the boot is only possible by pressing the button on the dash, well as long as the key is in your pocket the request sensor just needs to be pressed for it to open. Hope it's clear.

Boot space is very good and matches up to any sedan under 4 meters.
Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 11:38   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
A test drive car is the one a prospective customer looks at before finalising on the car. It's a turn off if a car with defect/defects are brought to me for test drive. For sure I wouldn't brush it off saying it's a one off case.
I tend to disagree here. The chances of us seeing a part failure in the test drive cars will be very high when compared to an user owned car.

This is due to the way a TD car is driven around. It will be driven by different people in different way. And most of the time, it will be driven in a rash way.

So when someone complains that something is not working in the TD car, then only they will fix that.

As in your case, you have seen the failed brake-light. They might fix that when someone points it out.

This is same for every car manufacturer. There is no exception here. period!

I have TD nearly 6+ cars (From Isuzu,Tata, Maruti, VW, Skoda, Hyundai) within a span of 6 months and in each of them something wont be working or not in a better shape.
jithudigitised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 11:41   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi Nikhn, Would you believe an owner who says there is absolutely no niggle in this Tata car? No fused lights, nothing. Everything just works. Getting into the plush confines itself is a daily treat and the drive is a bonus. Sorry to disappoint you buddy.

You may PM me to check for any other quality aspects you're noticing, let me also double check on mine. Fit and finish are on par with Brezza and Ecosport. Don't know if any other sedan is being compared here.

One more thing; Someone on the thread said opening the boot is only possible by pressing the button on the dash, well as long as the key is in your pocket the request sensor just needs to be pressed for it to open. Hope it's clear.

Boot space is very good and matches up to any sedan under 4 meters.
Hi. I am sure there will be issues in all cars and all manufacturers. I'm not denying that. I just felt that for a new car, there should have been some inspection done before taking a test drive car to the customer ( if it was being taken). Having owned a first gen Tata Nano for two years I was completely happy with the car finish and fit for its price. Yes it had some niggles but that's ok as it was sorted out quickly.

I am unable to PM you as I still do not have rights but for sure will contact you if I need some clarifications. Thanks.

I didn't understand the boot reference. Sorry.
Old 15th November 2017, 11:47   #320
Senior - BHPian

It may be true Tata may have screwed up with various other products leading to the perception of not producing niggle free products. Each product has its shortcomings and it’s all listed in the forums official review. IMO, human tendency is what is to be blamed as we train our mindsets in such a way, when we try to review or observe a product from a manufacturer who’s known for not having a successful run, we end up noticing the negatives first, rather than appreciating the product for its strengths albeit being a better offering in the market

I strongly believe Tata is one manufacturer who will bring out positive competition in the industry in the years to come.

Last edited by gururajrv : 15th November 2017 at 12:05.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 12:46   #321
BHPian

Request you to please read my post carefully before commenting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
From what you've mentioned, the car was not ready and the dealership communicated that to you. You expressed a threat to them, and they obliged by allowing you to see the car. How is that unprofessional?
I have mentioned clearly that I see a lot of unprofessionalism in the way queries and customers are handled.

He called and informed me that the car is available for display and I can come over and see it.

As a courtesy, I called him before I left and he said that the car is not washed and not ready for display.

What kind of threat did you notice when I told him that I am not interested in their products.

I was ready to see the vehicle as it was, dirty or clean. None of my observations are about the cleanliness of the vehicle.

Quote:
It would have been bad if they called you and did not have a test drive car to offer. If I was short of time, I'd have waited for another week and requested a test drive car at my doorstep. I've emailed them at 11 PM IST and they responded almost immediately confirming a test drive. Also, The seats on any old car would be softer.
If you have the patience to read again, you will observe that I had requested for test drive on the launch date. This was on 21st September. They still do not have a test drive car nearly two months after the launch. FYI, I have called Tata Customer service more than 5 times for the test drive.

Also mentioned that I had received many calls from Tata Motors stating that they will be arranging a Test drive soon. But no test drive yet.

I still call it unprofessional. You can call it whatever you want.

When I said that the seats are firm, it was a positive remark as soft seats are not comfortable for long drives..

Quote:
I do not think that the things which you label as examples of "inconsistent fit and finish" are abnormal in any way. Please test drive the Ciaz or the City and see how those areas are finished. I'm saying this after experiencing all of them. Someone already posted pics of the key hole slot in other cars in the segment on this thread- the Nexon is actually better finished.
I don't intend to buy the City/Ciaz and do not feel it necessary to test drive them. This is my observation of the vehicle. I saw many parts where the fit and finish are inconsistent and pointed this to the Sales executive.

The key hole cap may be better finished than others, but it still looked cheap on a 11+ lakhs car.

Quote:
Ceramic is a brittle material. That's why the company uses plastic with a ceramic coating. It is not a simple piece of painted plastic (like the bumper). Again, while that piece of plastic is badly finished, it's just a piece of plastic and will be replaced for prospective customers. For all you know, the dealer probably wanted a bit of time to set these things right before presenting the car to customers.
I am unaware of the technical aspect and I am seeing and presenting it as I saw from a customer's perspective.

For all that you know, this car was on display in Mangalore and Hassan Outlets of the dealership and was brought here for two days only to display. Ample time to set these things right if required.

You may be having a good dealer, Vehicle and test drive experience and I may not have the same.

I seriously intend to buy a Nexon and hence sharing my initial impressions with others.

I don't see anything wrong in calling a spade as a spade when I need to put in my hard earned money on it. It may have appeared to some that I may be bashing TATA here, but that is not the case.

I had owned a TATA Indica DLS in the past (check my garage) and don't mind another Tata in the family.

Personally, I liked the Nexon and felt that improvement is needed on the sales part and attention to detail. Just like others, I would not like to see a good product losing because of these shortcomings.

Also, I felt the dead pedal position is not correct. Resting my foot on the dead pedal, if I suddenly needed to lift my leg to operate the clutch, the lever obstructs free movement.

I have clearly mentioned that I am saving my verdict for later as I am yet to have a test drive.

I will buy it if I am impressed by my test drive results, inconsistencies and niggles or not.
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 13:19   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
I am saving my verdict for later as I am yet to have a test drive.
I can try arranging a test drive for you if you can drop in your mail id and mobile number to my mail id shared earlier in this thread. I do not have PM facility yet.
ar134 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 14:00   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi Nikhn, Would you believe an owner who says there is absolutely no niggle in this Tata car? No fused lights, nothing. Everything just works. Getting into the plush confines itself is a daily treat and the drive is a bonus.
Yes, I agree. I completed 20 days and 900 KM on mine. I haven't noticed a single niggle; not even a minor one. I drove it on all sorts of surfaces within these 20 days. It is taking everything in its stride without a hitch. Its easy to drive and I am not missing the AMT in my Zest at all.

I went to get the car registered in Sangareddy, and mine is the first Nexon in Sangareddy. The RTO guy took a good look inside out and he was mighty impressed. He asked about the price of the car. When I told him it's about 11.5 on road, he stared in disbelief. He said he thought its a 20+ German. He then noticed the T logo and wanted to make sure its a Tata and not a Toyota.

It is such an attention magnet; sometimes I feel a bit embarrassed. Strangers stop and ask me all sorts of questions.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 15th November 2017 at 14:02.
Enobarbus is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 16:02   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
It is such an attention magnet; sometimes I feel a bit embarrassed. Strangers stop and ask me all sorts of questions.
It sure is Enobarbus, Hearty Congratulations on the new car. I saw a Red Nexon being driven past near my office and it had stopped momentarily. It does stand out and with a mix and match of colors on the panels it looks quite lively and an eager machine. The paint quality felt good and i feel if the shine is maintained properly, it would retain the novelty factor for a good number of days. There is already a news about Tata Motors increasing the Nexon production to meet the growing demand so i guess this along with the numbers for Tiago will indeed be a harbinger of good days ahead for them.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 20:42   #325
BHPian

Booked Nexon on this Sunday. Diesel xz+ grey color.
We didn't liked the color of TD vehicles - blue and red (Or rather Maroon)

They have promised to deliver within a month. Lets see!

Will be selling my Vento 1.6 d to make space for Nexon. (Though people have already started asking why upgrading to a car from Tata and that too from a VW. )

And my answer is always,its good vehicle and I like it.period!
If they are still confused, I will add on things like
  • Loads of torque
  • Nice tractability
  • Grand view of the road from driver side
  • High seating position, which will be a boon in the night drives
  • Backseat legroom
  • Better ride comfort when compared to Vento
  • Massive Ground Clearance
  • Better after sales service when compared to VW. (comparison w.r.t the existing Tiago, Hope it improves furthur)
  • And the best thing - a very LIGHT clutch (especially when compared to Vento 1.6D).

Attaching the price list I got from the dealer Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-tata_nexon_price_list.jpg  

jithudigitised is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 10:12   #326
BHPian

Wow, congrats jithudigitised. I booked mine 43 days back in Chennai and it is not yet even allocated.
Old 17th November 2017, 11:02   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Booked Nexon on this Sunday. Diesel xz+ grey color.

Attaching the price list I got from the dealer Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum.
Congrats onyour booking. Could you list what are the basic accessories worth ₹3000 in the picture?

The road tax amount shown is ₹800 more than the tax amount at 8%. So does it include the registration charges (₹600+₹100) also?
Old 17th November 2017, 11:52   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
Congrats onyour booking. Could you list what are the basic accessories worth ₹3000 in the picture?

The road tax amount shown is ₹800 more than the tax amount at 8%. So does it include the registration charges (₹600+₹100) also?
Basic accessories include mats, mud guards, perfume and some other stuffs. I will update what all are included exactly, as I am still thinking whether to take it or not.

The road Tax seemed too much for me too, as I think the road tax for a personal car with < 1500cc is 6% of purchase value. (Do correct me, if I am wrong.)
I have asked them to give me the proper update on that. He is yet to get back and i was busy with some personal things, so thought of getting the update later.

Regarding the insurance also, the quote seems to be on higher side, checked with a friend, who is an insurance, and he will revert with different quotes.

I will be checking these things probably on next week to get a proper clarification.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 12:36   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post

The road Tax seemed too much for me too, as I think the road tax for a personal car with < 1500cc is 6% of purchase value. (Do correct me, if I am wrong.)
For private cars with ESP between 5L-10L, road tax is 8% in Kerala. 6% is for cars with ESP less than 5L.
Information is available in Kerala MVD website. Updated Taxation Schedule
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 13:33   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
For private cars with ESP between 5L-10L, road tax is 8% in Kerala. 6% is for cars with ESP less than 5L.
Information is available in Kerala MVD website. Updated Taxation Schedule
In Hyderabad it is 12%. I paid 1,14,286 for the DT. The insurance quote is definitely high though. It is better to buy insurance directly or online.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks