Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 17:22   #331
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
For private cars with ESP between 5L-10L, road tax is 8% in Kerala. 6% is for cars with ESP less than 5L.
Information is available in Kerala MVD website. Updated Taxation Schedule
Thanks for the correction man. I was not able to find that updated pdf from the MVD site.

So it seems like there's a difference of 800rs (Very small amount in comparison to the handling charges they used to charge).
I need to confirm with them whether this was a typo in the price or some other fee which I am not aware of.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 22:17   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
So it seems like there's a difference of 800rs (Very small amount in comparison to the handling charges they used to charge).
This is what I had asked earlier. In that ₹800, the permanent registration charges (₹600+₹100) could also be included.
Old 18th November 2017, 21:36   #333
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I see a lot of the buyers on this thread either migrating from generally higher perceived brands in India or finding the experience, fit and finish comparable to vehicles of higher segments. This can only augur well for TATA in the future.

TATA should have brought in an AT box as well in this from the start. That said this does make a case for a conventional AT box rather than an AMT which is much more likely.

It turns heads and I would have considered replacing my Ecosport for the Nexon just for the fresh experience if it had a nice AT BOX. The Nexon is now what the EcoSport was in 2013 - a breath of fresh air. Hope they build on it.

I was able to get a test drive from concord motors on Ghodbunder Road Thane. The seats were a bit soft compared to the Hexa. I like them to be firmer.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 23:02   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I see a lot of the buyers on this thread either migrating from generally higher perceived brands in India or finding the experience, fit and finish comparable to vehicles of higher segments. This can only augur well for TATA in the future.

TATA should have brought in an AT box as well in this from the start. That said this does make a case for a conventional AT box rather than an AMT which is much more likely.

It turns heads and I would have considered replacing my Ecosport for the Nexon just for the fresh experience if it had a nice AT BOX. The Nexon is now what the EcoSport was in 2013 - a breath of fresh air. Hope they build on it.

I was able to get a test drive from concord motors on Ghodbunder Road Thane. The seats were a bit soft compared to the Hexa. I like them to be firmer.
You are right. TM should also provide a torque converter AT in addition to AMT. Since, this is the only diesel mini-SUV with AT and since it's priced so well and since next stop is Creta diesel AT which retails at close to 18 lakhs OTR, Tata has enough room to slot in a torque converter in Nexon range. And they will beat Creta by at least Rs. 4 lakhs and some additional features.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 12:11   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Yes, I agree. I completed 20 days and 900 KM on mine. I haven't noticed a single niggle; not even a minor one.
OK, I have identified the first issue with the car. The fuel efficiency shown on the information display of the car is 5 KMPL more than the actual efficiency calculated in the tankful to tankful method. I have checked it 3 times now. Each time I have refilled the tank after running the car for about 275 KM. All three times, I saw this difference is exactly 5 KMPL.

For information, I have used the car for appx 1100 KM. I drove it on extremely bad roads for 100 KM, moderate city traffic (with the usual Hyderabad pot holes and auto rickshaws) for about 350 KM and on the ORR (can be considered as a highway with sparse traffic) for 650 KM, with ACC set at 24.5 deg C. I got an average of 19 KMPL in tankful to tankful method while the display shows 24 KMPL. I drove almost all the 1100 KMPL in City mode; I haven't activated the sport mode at all since the running in period is not done yet.
Old 20th November 2017, 12:25   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Over the past 5 days, I saw 6 different new Nexons on the road (not TD car). 3 Blue ones, one Red, one Grey and one Silver. IMO the single tone Blue looks really good, followed by the Red. I saw the grey one from quite some distance and wouldn't comment on the color yet.

One observation, the car looks jacked from the rear and the exhaust end can sticks out like a sore point. It should have been hidden under the bumper and the bumper should have been extended down by another 6 inches.

I have a doubt. All these cars had their head lights on. I know the rear tail lamps are a 'V' shaped LED strip which is split into two pieces. The one on the tail gate was not lit in most of the cars. But it was lit in one of the car. Is it a malfunction?

Tata Nexon : Official Review-inkednexon-tail-lamp-night_li.jpg
Picture for reference. Sorry for the crude edit of this pic downloaded from Google.

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th November 2017 at 12:28.
Old 20th November 2017, 12:36   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
One observation, the car looks jacked from the rear and the exhaust end can sticks out like a sore point. It should have been hidden under the bumper and the bumper should have been extended down by another 6 inches.
This was discussed extensively before. Only yesterday, I have observed this on the Vitara Brezza; it looks like the silencer is mounted horizontally and it is totally exposed under the rear bumper. I didn't have the time to take a picture.

None of my friends pointed this out to me. I guess we BHPians notice this more than the general public, possibly due to the discussion that happens on every aspect.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 20th November 2017 at 12:44.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 13:32   #338
Senior - BHPian

This is my first diesel vehicle and I must be driving it like a petrol because in city I'm not getting more than 15 KMPL, tank to tank method. I prefer sports mode 90% of the time for the sheer joy. So youre saying its best to keep it in City/Eco mode till first service, right! Are you miffed with the two power outlets (front and back) not holding the phone chargers snugly? Or is that issue exclusive to my car? There is some play, which I'm planning to bring to their notice.

Quote:
I got an average of 19 KMPL in tankful to tankful method while the display shows 24 KMPL.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 13:45   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This is my first diesel vehicle and I must be driving it like a petrol because in city I'm not getting more than 15 KMPL, tank to tank method. I prefer sports mode 90% of the time for the sheer joy. So youre saying its best to keep it in City/Eco mode till first service, right! Are you miffed with the two power outlets (front and back) not holding the phone chargers snugly? Or is that issue exclusive to my car? There is some play, which I'm planning to bring to their notice.
Regarding the modes to be used during break in period, I thought we should avoid sport mode; but BHPian Damodar adviced me to avoid eco mode as well. He has more information on this.

The mileage part, I guess you are doing pretty well. As mentioned, mine is an overall figure with 9% bad roads, 32% moderate city traffic and the rest on highway with sparse traffic. So I guess I too would get about 15 if I drive more in the city.

Regarding the power outlets, I have not used them at all. I am only using the USB charging point. As was pointed out, its a bit of a struggle to use it, but I am used to it now.

I tried to keep an extension cable fixed into the USB port so that I can easily fix or remove the data cable. But this works only for phone charging; Android auto gets disconnected frequently if we use any extension cables. Did you try this? If so, whats your experience on it?

Last edited by Enobarbus : 20th November 2017 at 13:48.
Old 20th November 2017, 13:50   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have identified the first issue with the car. The fuel efficiency shown on the information display of the car is 5 KMPL more than the actual efficiency calculated in the tankful to tankful method.
Suggest to report the issue, and also check with others on this.

Quote:
Over the past 5 days, I saw 6 different new Nexons on the road (not TD car). 3 Blue ones, one Red, one Grey and one Silver. IMO the single tone Blue looks really good, followed by the Red. I saw the grey one from quite some distance and wouldn't comment on the color yet.
. Have seen the silver also on the road, and does not stand out. Yet to see the grey in person. However, I have not found any of the colors to my liking.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 14:26   #341
BHPian

Quote:
OK, I have identified the first issue with the car. The fuel efficiency shown on the information display of the car is 5 KMPL more than the actual efficiency calculated in the tankful to tankful method...
This is something I've always suspected to be the case, in all cars that display the FE figures in the MID.
Old 20th November 2017, 14:35   #342
BHPian

Quote:
I have a doubt. All these cars had their head lights on. I know the rear tail lamps are a 'V' shaped LED strip which is split into two pieces. The one on the tail gate was not lit in most of the cars. But it was lit in one of the car. Is it a malfunction?
IIRC, the one on tail gate used to lit up only for the Top-end version (XZ or XZ+), it's not functional/provided in the lower variants.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 14:50   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
IIRC, the one on tail gate used to lit up only for the Top-end version (XZ or XZ+), it's not functional/provided in the lower variants.
Weird!! But this explains my observations as I saw them lit in a XZ+ but the others were XM and hence, unlit.

For the lower models, the 'half' tail lamp looks quite small and I am concerned how would be the visibility in fog. I remember reading BHPian BoneCollector post where he complained about poor visibility of the LED lamps on his Brezza ZDI+ during fog.

Cross-posting from his ownership review:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The car is doing well as of today. Only issue I'm not happy with is the rear visibility of car during fog with the lights turned on. The bull-horn LEDs are hardly visible in fog from a few meters. Have ordered for a VDi tail lamp and will get it installed once available.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 14:57   #344
BHPian

Quote:
I remember reading BHPian BoneCollector post where he complained about poor visibility of the LED lamps on his Brezza ZDI+ during fog.
As per my opinion, Bull horn Led provided in Vitara Brezza is just a gimmick. They are not at all bright as it should be on the other hand Led's on Nexon are fairly visible. Though they could have lit up the entire section on the tailgate by providing a halogen bulb, would have looked better and functional too.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 15:49   #345
Senior - BHPian

I use iPhone so fixed a Jabra receiver to the sun visor, this takes care of everything for me. Later on, will use a spare S8 that I have and check the android bit. No idea how much time the IOS support will take. The music quality is phenomenal so I'm totally lost in the rest of the package.

Regarding mileage, I think I'll get better figures if I go with private vends like Shell. Dealership advised me to use diesel from Govt bunks like HP/BP (and avoid additives which Shell/Essar could be using in their mix). They say the engine will get used to the premium fuel and might be problematic when I'm out on the highway with the inferior fuels. Do you follow this?

Quote:
Android auto gets disconnected frequently if we use any extension cables. Did you try this? If so, whats your experience?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed