Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2017, 13:05   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
I happened to be in my friends new nexon xz+ diesel variant. He was saying he gets some fuel smell especially when you start the car in the mornings. I too observed the same. Has anyone faces a similar issue ?
He must check if any glass pane was down. Glass pane down by even a few mm will result in this, especially if you reverse out of your parking lot.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 13:22   #512
BHPian

Hello..

Spotting a Nexon with test plates has been a common sight now.
But last week I noticed few different things on test mule, which I saw again today on different test mule, which made to share the pics with you.

1. The ceramic white 'X' insert on tailgate is finished in Grey color now.
There could be 2 possible meanings of this:
a. Test mule has unpainted 'X' insert. But it had glossy finish and was not looking rough / unfinished part.
b. TML might have listened to customers who find this ceramic insert a bit of 'job overdone'.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171221_174957.jpg

2. Alloy wheel design is different.
If we assume the test mule to be an AMT equipped car, TML might be thinking of introducing different alloy design for upcoming variant. If true, good job team.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20171221_175025.jpg
DriveOnceMore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 14:06   #513
Senior - BHPian

1. Ceramic insert on White coloured car right now is Grey. This does look classy.
2. Is that an alloy wheel or just cover which is there on lower variants? Resembles that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
1. The ceramic white 'X' insert on tailgate is finished in Grey color now.
2. Alloy wheel design is different.
Old 29th December 2017, 15:06   #514
BHPian

Guys, the VIN number alloted to me says that the car is manufactured in Nov. 2017

Can I go ahead with the formalities or should I demand a December make?

Edit: The sales executive informed that no cars will be manufactured in December as they will not be able to sell them later. All pending stocks are supposed to be cleared off in December itself. According to him, this is the latest I would get.

Is this true?

Last edited by KA18 : 29th December 2017 at 15:16. Reason: Edited post with update
Old 29th December 2017, 15:39   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Guys, the VIN number alloted to me says that the car is manufactured in Nov. 2017

Edit: The sales executive informed that no cars will be manufactured in December as they will not be able to sell them later. All pending stocks are supposed to be cleared off in December itself. According to him, this is the latest I would get.

Is this true?
False. Nobody stops the plant for one month, specially when you have a product selling in decent numbers after a long time. The dealer is unwilling to accommodate your request but doesn't want to say a flat no!
Old 29th December 2017, 16:02   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is this true?
Well I would say it's true. According to concorde Chennai people are expecting a 2018 manufacturing vin only as there aren't any discounts for 2017 nexon. Logically it makes more sense to stop production rather than manufacture 2017 ones and break heads over not selling them.

At least in Chennai 2017 ones are available in a couple of days.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 29th December 2017 at 16:04.
Old 29th December 2017, 16:09   #517
Senior - BHPian

Was at the dealership and noticed that the exhaust has been changed in the newer Nexon (Diesel). It's now broad and has black anti-rust coating on it. Mine is smaller without the black coating, as shown below for comparison (Image 2). If there was any problem (guessing here), shouldn't they recall and change this on mine too? The product is just two-three months on the market, and this change is super-quick.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1160.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1161.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 09:47   #518
Team-BHP Support

^ This is what irks me about our indigenous manufacturers. They undergo so many testings and still, they cannot make things right by the date of launch. Why not delay it? I personally love the Nexon and have been recommending it over the Brezza and also sometimes over the EcoSport...while this isn't a niggle, it does show, the homework wasn't done.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 11:02   #519
Senior - BHPian

Ha, when I bought my car, I was also pleasantly surprised, but the real pain for this 'continuous improvement' from manufacturers with no discipline in rollout of part changes hits you when you are trying to order a replacement part few years down the line. I'm facing it right now. Even though there is a parts catalog, there is no certainty in parts for a particular series model. Tasc's and dealers are forced to order multiple versions of incompatible parts until they find one that fits.

Last edited by greenhorn : 30th December 2017 at 11:11.
Old 30th December 2017, 13:36   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
^ This is what irks me about our indigenous manufacturers. They undergo so many testings and still, they cannot make things right by the date of launch. Why not delay it? I personally love the Nexon and have been recommending it over the Brezza and also sometimes over the EcoSport...while this isn't a niggle, it does show, the homework wasn't done.
This happens with all manufacturers. A friend of mine with connections with Toyota dealer said 2009-10 Fortuners had brake and suspension issues, which they rectified post 2012. Every car goes through constant improvement throughout its life cycle. There isn't a single model in the world which hasn't undergone some or the other changes/improvements during its life cycle. That's why the joke is that you should buy a given model just before they pull the plug on it.

Last edited by pgsagar : 30th December 2017 at 13:37.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 00:13   #521
BHPian

Quote:

Is this true?
Hey thats wrong, they havnt halted the production. We are alloted with Dec 2017 manufactured car. Here is our VIN MATxxxxxxHLPxxxxx . We got purchase invoice today. He is trying to sell you older model. Just tell him to allot dec model.

Btw we booked Glosgow Grey XZ+ Petrol. Will be taking delivery after Jan 20th.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 01:17   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Congratulations!

Yes, Hexa will ruin [in a good way] if you had other decisions in mind.

You should also thank your wife since she made you take a decision

Congratulations, again. Enjoy the drive.

Prem.
Thank you Prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Welcome to the Nexon family and wish you thousands of happy miles in advance . I was stunned how responsive TML had been during my Nexon purchase process and thankfully it has been something similar in your case as well. Mr Suraj is certainly a thorough gentleman and kudos to TML for having such guys at the helm. Hopefully the same percolates down to the dealerships and service centres in the coming days.
Thanks ar134, I expect a similar experience as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Attached is the image of Nexon mats drying by the well,
Cool Mats Sebring. Where did you manage to get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Well I would say it's true. According to concorde Chennai people are expecting a 2018 manufacturing vin only as there aren't any discounts for 2017 nexon. Logically it makes more sense to stop production rather than manufacture 2017 ones and break heads over not selling them.

At least in Chennai 2017 ones are available in a couple of days.
I thought so similarly. But appears otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
False. Nobody stops the plant for one month, specially when you have a product selling in decent numbers after a long time. The dealer is unwilling to accommodate your request but doesn't want to say a flat no!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Hey thats wrong, they havnt halted the production. We are alloted with Dec 2017 manufactured car. Here is our VIN MATxxxxxxHLPxxxxx . We got purchase invoice today. He is trying to sell you older model. Just tell him to allot dec model.

Btw we booked Glosgow Grey XZ+ Petrol. Will be taking delivery after Jan 20th.
Gosh! The car has already been invoiced as it was supposed to be done by this month.

The dealer sent me a mail with some data which shows the date of receiving the car as 22nd Dec. Don't know if it's true.

I don't suppose I can do anything about it now

BTW, Congratulations on your booking vinya_jag.

My car has already arrive and I am too taking delivery after the 17th as the dates are not auspicious till then.
Old 31st December 2017, 06:29   #523
Senior - BHPian

Nexon has two kinds of mats. One Rubber, and the other plush. The rubber ones look great and are practical for our Country. Got this from Aadya. However, the velcro backing came off the first day.

Quote:
Cool Mats Sebring. Where did you manage to get them?
Accompanied my friend to JC Road to get Seat Covers and 3D Mats for his Nexon. The 'Elegant' brand seat covers were one of the best we could find and at around 7K, was a great value. TM Original seat covers which were available in the showroom, are no match. The 3D mats were a great fit as well. Elegant has a website through which they sell to any part of the country, we were told. Company contact is Mr Sudhir.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1956.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1968.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 07:09   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The 'Elegant' brand seat covers were one of the best we could find and at around 7K, was a great value. .. The 3D mats were a great fit as well. Elegant has a website through which they sell to any part of the country, we were told. Company contact is Mr Sudhir.
I have seat covers from Elegant in my Storme .. I had got it thru Thouqeer @ Koramangala. The one I have though synthetic material, has a weaving finish. This one does not feel sweaty unlike regular art-leather covers.

elegantauto.in
elegantautoretail.in

The 3D mats looks nice. What's the pricing of this ( and the rubber mats you got from Aadya) ?

Last edited by condor : 31st December 2017 at 07:10.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 07:23   #525
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Condor. The 3D mats were 4K, but I think there was room for further negotiation (Price quoted was 6K). The Original rubber mats from Aadya was part of the basic accessories that included flaps and an idol at Rs 2,700 (Could be discontinued as so many messaged me on where to get a set from)

JC Road could be quite daunting if going along, advise one to take a friend along while going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have seat covers from Elegant in my Storme .. I had got it thru Thouqeer @ Koramangala. The one I have though the synthetic material has a weaving finish. This one does not feel sweaty, unlike regular art-leather covers.

elegantauto.in
elegantautoretail.in

The 3D mats look nice. What's the pricing of this ( and the rubber mats you got from Aadya)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks