Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 10:09   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
I am having a peculiar issue, not sure if anyone else is having this same issue.
I get awesome response in all gears except 4th gear. The torque delivery that I get post 1500 or 1600 rpm, is not there in 4rth gear. In 4th gear, the output is very linear and post 1500 rpm it goes up very slowly and after 2000rpm it opens up and gives me torque. Even in 6th gear I get same output as other gears except 4th gear where it pulls clean from 1500 to 1600 rpm.
Any thoughts on this? Mine is xz+ Diesel. Same issue on city and sports mode.
Initially I thought it is only when the engine is cold and have to heat up more but it happens all the time.
I could be very wrong here but let me take a chance at it. What you are experiencing could be due to gear ratio. A taller gearing would reduce the torque pull that you experience in a gear with shorter ratio. Looking up the gear ratios might help validate this reasoning.

Also why don't you go and TD another Nexon D and see if this observation is consistent across vehicles.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 20:52   #767
BHPian

Finally the AMT launched in Auto Expo

source
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-26866962_450793735337044_9114644355640983552_n1.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-27576626_341046483078556_7922654767652798464_n.jpg  

0nubhav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:21   #768
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Concorde finally agreed to remove the handling charges for me. Had to to multiple follow up with CRM and making it clear to them that I would be going ahead with purchase only after removal of the charges. Pointer to everyone who wants their handling charges removed: send email to customer care to escalate the issue.

I am proceeding with purchase.
ottocycle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 10:07   #769
Distinguished - BHPian

Details on the Nexon Aero - a customised exterior/interior body kit for the Nexon, which is currently showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.

Another OEM body kit, called Akiva, is also scheduled to be released in the near future. Awaiting details on that one.

Thanks to one of my sources for the above.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 10:25   #770
Senior - BHPian

That looks bad especially those extra body cladding. They decided to overlap wherever those extra cladding (body/bumper) meets original wheel cladding. That looks poorly integrated and odd.

Please see this video

Old 8th February 2018, 23:07   #771
BHPian

Great video. The car looks amazing as always. On another note, here are some observations in my nexon petrol. Currently ODO reading is 900 kms and the mileage I am getting is 8.3 in the city ( Bangalore - Bumper to Bumper traffic ) 2 hour commute daily and 14.5 in the highway. Both with AC on 99% of the time.

I do not rev too hard, maintain a healthy gear changing ratio with RPM not crossing the 1.5-2k mark. Please advise if this mileage pattern is normal in new cars and what can I do to ensure my car gives me the best mileage. As mentioned by TATA, the petrol variant must atleast give 12-13 in the city.

Another interesting observation - Mileage in Sports/city/Eco all more or less the same. Experts - please advise on this.

On the cosmetic front, I am planning to install after market projector headlamps in Bangalore from Evo. The owner Satya is quoting me 25k for a set of Super Lumino HID's 4300k. The only issue here is he has mentioned clearly that the reflector has to be cut to accommodate the lens.
Old 9th February 2018, 07:11   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
On the cosmetic front, I am planning to install after market projector headlamps in Bangalore from Evo. The owner Satya is quoting me 25k for a set of Super Lumino HID's 4300k. The only issue here is he has mentioned clearly that the reflector has to be cut to accommodate the lens.
That's unfortunately is the case 90% of the times to get the reflectors cut off to install the projector.
If you want to explore with out any cuts and bruises to your car please explore AliExpress for retrofit mini projector for H4,H1 and so on. Those fit the bulb housing without having to cut anything mostly. I was planning to install one on my ex-baleno but then dropped the idea as I sold the car.

Something like thishttps://m.aliexpress.com/item/327993...waAusLEALw_wcB
You can explore options with/without ballast as well.
Old 9th February 2018, 10:24   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Great video. The car looks amazing as always. On another note, here are some observations in my nexon petrol. Currently ODO reading is 900 kms and the mileage I am getting is 8.3 in the city ( Bangalore - Bumper to Bumper traffic ) 2 hour commute daily and 14.5 in the highway. Both with AC on 99% of the time.

I do not rev too hard, maintain a healthy gear changing ratio with RPM not crossing the 1.5-2k mark. As mentioned by TATA, the petrol variant must atleast give 12-13 in the city.

Another interesting observation - Mileage in Sports/city/Eco all more or less the same. Experts - please advise on this.
I dont have a Nexon, but a Bolt which comes with a turbocharged 1.2 petrol too , even though its a completely different engine. What i have noticed on my Bolt might help you out in getting a slightly better fuel efficiency

>> The Bolt engine gives atrocious FE in standing-moving traffic. If your commute consists of lots of very slow moving and standing traffic, FE will be BAD. My FE goes down to 8 on the MID under such circumstances. please. So either keep moving or just switch off the engine while standing still.

>> Keeping the RPM in the 1.7-2.2k band provides the best FE. FE does drops if you keep the revs too low. Try shifting round 2.2K RPM and downshift if the RPM goes too low

>> The Nexon is a heavy car. Heavier than the Bolt. I dont think it would return ever return a city FE of 12-13 in busy city traffic conditions. In fact no car of similar category returns 12-13 in city conditions.

>> I am happy if the MID displays 12 in mix city conditions. The MID overstates by 5-8% in my car, please check yours. I would not be surprised if yours has a similar deviation.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 10:34   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Currently ODO reading is 900 kms and the mileage I am getting is 8.3 in the city ( Bangalore - Bumper to Bumper traffic ) 2 hour commute daily and 14.5 in the highway. Both with AC on 99% of the time.

I do not rev too hard, maintain a healthy gear changing ratio with RPM not crossing the 1.5-2k mark. Please advise if this mileage pattern is normal in new cars and what can I do to ensure my car gives me the best mileage. As mentioned by TATA, the petrol variant must atleast give 12-13 in the city.

Your car has not done the running-in period yet. Wait till it completes at least 5000 km on the odometer before expecting any improvement in mileage. Your current mileage is normal for new engines.
Old 9th February 2018, 21:26   #775
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Took delivery of white dual tone XZ+ (D) today. The delivery experience from Concorde was very good today. According to them it was first white dual tone to be delivered in Hyderabad.

Have just bought mud flaps for now. Planning to buy mats, scuff plates and door visor.

I am also looking for isofix child seat. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180206123920.jpg
ottocycle is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 22:15   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Took delivery of white dual tone XZ+ (D) today. The delivery experience from Concorde was very good today. According to them it was first white dual tone to be delivered in Hyderabad.

Have just bought mud flaps for now. Planning to buy mats, scuff plates and door visor.

I am also looking for isofix child seat. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Attachment 1728528
Firstly hearty congratulations on your white handsome looking car mate

I must say Nexon my favourite C-SUV after the Brezza as I own one

Never the less the car looks absolutely brilliant in white dual tone avatar and just waiting to get my hands on test drive as one of my friend is looking to go for this car.

Wishing you a pleasantful journey with the car. Looking forward to see some pics of your car.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 07:48   #777
BHPian

Nice to see so many awards being bagged by Nexon in the auto expo.

Source

Source

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20180210074456578_com.instagram.android.png  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20180210074602786_com.instagram.android.png  

0nubhav is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 23:33   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nubhav View Post
Nice to see so many awards being bagged by Nexon in the auto expo.

Source

Source

Source

thanks for sharing these. i'm sure there will be many more to go. the only worthy contender i see is the ford ecosport 2018. Brezza has become too old and bland.
Old 13th February 2018, 19:54   #779
Senior - BHPian

Is any nexon xz plus owner able to open the boot with the smart key ? I tired but it isn't working for me. I need to take it to the service station.
Old 13th February 2018, 19:57   #780
BHPian

Rim corner scratches - New Tata Nexon

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Tata Nexon and upgraded the steel rims to Momo Revenge 108 PCD 4 holes. The stock tyre size is 195-60-16.

What I noticed off late is a lot of deep scratches in the corner of the rims, the area where it sits with the tyre. There is also a 5mm protrusion where the steel rims are sticking out.

Attached pic for reference. Is there something I can do to avoid these in the future? Will a tyre upsize help prevent further damage to my new shiny alloys?

Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_4488.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image1.jpeg  

sahas83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks