Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2018, 14:51   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Details on the Nexon Aero - a customised exterior/interior body kit for the Nexon, which is currently showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Additional details on the Aero bodykits + accessories packs and their respective pricing, thanks to Vinay Sankar:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-a2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-a1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 15:34   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Since the car has drive modes depending upon the traffic congestion and power required what should be the ideal mode for city traffic. City mode i heard is a perfect mix between power and economy but might be a bit slow to get off the mark so i am not sure its the best mode to drive in city start stop traffic. I feel Sports mode is ideal due to its brisk pace and quick adaptability in city but need help and suggestions from my fellow Nexon owners in this regard.
The question you have asked is very subjective and answer to that varies with different individuals.
You should always trust your instincts and experience which will not only help during running in period (usually the first 1k Kms) but also till you keep the car.
Many people have answered your questions in previous post although not directly but you can take a hint.
I'm getting my car tomorrow and would definitely try my own expertise keeping in mind all the suggestions from more experienced community members and see what fits my liking.
I personally liked a post where it was stressed on maintaining the right RPMs through the gears (my personal driving style as well) than to worry about the driving modes. And also to put to work all the modes in running in period than sticking just to one.
May you get your hands on the new car soon and share your experiences with different modes first hand. Good luck.
0nubhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 16:03   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I had asked a question and needed help regarding the drive modes for Nexon Petrol but nobody came to my rescue.
Now i am asking it again so here it is.

Since the car has drive modes depending upon the traffic congestion and power required what should be the ideal mode for city traffic. City mode i heard is a perfect mix between power and economy but might be a bit slow to get off the mark so i am not sure its the best mode to drive in city start stop traffic. I feel Sports mode is ideal due to its brisk pace and quick adaptability in city but need help and suggestions from my fellow Nexon owners in this regard.

Also i would like to know what should be the ideal run in kms for the Petrol Nexon and what are the basic precautions needed to be followed during that time.

I wanted to respond to you earlier, but did not find time as I was travelling. Now w.r.t drive modes - Eco is very sluggish, you need to step down on the gas pedal to keep the car moving. City is ok ok, Sports is preferable mainly because it helps keep the car moving with lesser rpms and the pedal response is superb. Running in will be around 2,000 kms i guess.

Also, I have installed the DRL on my nexon which comes along with Fog lamp as an accessory. DRL is beautiful angel eye kind. But the only issue is the Fog lamp colour is pure white - 6000K and my headlamp is Phillips Xtreme vision 3700K. There is a mismatch in colour during night time obviously between headlamps and fogs , but during daytime, the DRL looks beautiful. Wondering if I should keep these on or go for the aftermarket fogs and install Phillips Xtreme bulbs on them to maintain uniformity in light colour output.

Also note - The bulb in these fogs cannot be replaced as it comes sealed and I believe they are LED's.

MILEAGE Update : 10.06 in 90% City driving ( Bangalore ) and 10% highways. Mode used was Sports, method - First Auto cut off while fuel filling.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_4510.jpg  

Last edited by sahas83 : 18th February 2018 at 16:07.
sahas83 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 17:06   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
I would avoid Sports mode during run in for various reasons discussed on Nexon owners WhatsApp group. Stick to city mode (which is more than adequate even with 5 on board in most driving conditions) unless you are cruising on a highway in which case you can use Eco mode as well to extract higher mileage. All these observations are for Nexon diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
More than the mode or vehicle speed what matters most is the engine speed (rpm)
Limit around 3k rpm for the run-in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashscorpion View Post
It is advisable that we use all the modes in run-in period. This will open up the engine and all the modes will be put on use. I used all the modes whenever required during my run-in period. Just don't get over enthusiastic when you drive in sports mode, you will feel like pushing it more. So just don't revv it too much and engine should be fine. Have a good and safe drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
Sports mode. Eco is miserable. City is ok ok. Sports mode is very responsive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The owners manual mentions only speed driven run in. You may use any or all of the modes. The modes just change the throttle response.

Thank you all for your opinions. They are of great help.
This is my first such interaction (as I've joined recently). The prompt and to the point replies are really appreciated.
Old 18th February 2018, 23:25   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Additional details on the Aero bodykits + accessories packs and their respective pricing, thanks to Vinay Sankar:

Thanks a lot for the update, RavenAvi. Could you please clarify if the silver colour a new addition to the standard choice, or is it exclusive just to the models with the aero kits?
Old 19th February 2018, 10:13   #831
BHPian

Aero Kit ! What a joke Tata.
Tata, you are doing a fantastic job with your new gen products and I am an absolute fan. But what I don't get is why would I want to spend 60K to only add some bling on an already pretty decent looking vehicle.
Were you yourself not satisfied by the design that you created for the Nexon, and that is why you had to resort to offering this 'Aero Kit' to make the vehicle look more appealing ? I just do not get it.
If you really have to do something, take another 40K on top of that 60K and give us a nice AWD if you really want to appeal to new age car buyer.
Please let the gimmickry stay with your friends Mahindra!
sandman_30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 12:14   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post
Aero Kit ! What a joke Tata.
Tata, you are doing a fantastic job with your new gen products and I am an absolute fan. But what I don't get is why would I want to spend 60K to only add some bling on an already pretty decent looking vehicle.
Were you yourself not satisfied by the design that you created for the Nexon, and that is why you had to resort to offering this 'Aero Kit' to make the vehicle look more appealing ? I just do not get it.
If you really have to do something, take another 40K on top of that 60K and give us a nice AWD if you really want to appeal to new age car buyer.
Please let the gimmickry stay with your friends Mahindra!
Slowly the official accessories market is growing. OEMs are offering customization options at the dealer end. For a long time, Maruti has been offering body kits, decals, color themes using stickers and wraps, etc., for a lot of its models. These initiatives have been quite a success for models such as Brezza, Baleno, Swift. For a buyer, looking for a unique identity for his/her car and yet, wants OEM finish and no warranty issues, these might be some good options.

Regarding the AWD, it can never make it on the Nexon. As discussed on the Nexon thread, the platform was never made to accommodate a AWD system. Nexon will continue to be a FWD just like its competitors Ecosport and Brezza.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 19:55   #833
BHPian

Guys one update. Happy and sad. I was into a horn project where I wanted to fit Creta's horn in my Nexon. Starting from not being able to get creta's horn, till getting the right pin for that horn, after 2 months of time I got everything required somehow. Everyone said that creta horn will not work on any other car and I underestimated that. There is so much mechanism even in a bold in that horn. After 2 months of many hardship, I got it installed and rewarded with the sound of the horn turning to be exactly of Mercedes Benz 🤩. Now the sad part is, during installation, within less than 1 second, when the installer was working with wires open, accidently the positive and ground touched and small part of wire going to left horn, left fog light and ground got burnt. He anyways did a fantastic work of replacing that part of wire after checking thoroughly, with much better and thicker wire and counseled and taped it exactly like how it was. Worried if I get caught later for anything, my warranty might get void.

The issue of less torque after 1500 rpm in 4th gear that I posted earlier, starting clearing up after covering more km. Now it's fine in day time where it clears up in 10 to 15 min. At night, it is still same. Looks like more run in is needed.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th February 2018 at 20:11. Reason: Back to back posts, please Edit the original post instead. Thanks.
Old 20th February 2018, 01:13   #834
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Slowly the official accessories market is growing. OEMs are offering customization options at the dealer end. For a long time, Maruti has been offering body kits, decals, color themes using stickers and wraps, etc., for a lot of its models. These initiatives have been quite a success for models such as Brezza, Baleno, Swift. For a buyer, looking for a unique identity for his/her car and yet, wants OEM finish and no warranty issues, these might be some good options.
The Nexon Aero is indeed Tata Motors answer to the Maruti Vitara Brezza’s customization options. This may not be such a bad thing for customers already spending the same amount on unreliable and low quality after-market products and it is slowly but surely becoming a norm as more and more manufacturers start offering high quality exterior and interior kits.

The AMT and Aero were both showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. While the aero kits have seen light of day, there seems to be absolutely no news on the launch date of Nexon AMT.
Old 20th February 2018, 06:08   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
...Now the sad part is, during installation, within less than 1 second, when the installer was working with wires open, accidently the positive and ground touched and small part of wire going to left horn, left fog light and ground got burnt. He anyways did a fantastic work of replacing that part of wire after checking thoroughly, with much better and thicker wire and counseled and taped it exactly like how it was. Worried if I get caught later for anything, my warranty might get void ...
Be careful, it's precisely such works that often end up in dangerous car fires, etc if not done right. Be aware, that any insulation that may appear "done well" to you now, often gets frayed and worn out and brittle over time under the intense heat that emanates from the engine bay.

Lastly, you should disconnect the positive terminal from the battery before doing such works.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 19:17   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
While the aero kits have seen light of day, there seems to be absolutely no news on the launch date of Nexon AMT.
Bookings for the AMT variants are now being accepted at Tata dealerships for a token amount of Rs 11,000/-.

According to my sources, plenty of Etna Orange AMTs are ready to be dispatched to dealers nationwide. Floating screen & push-button start are confirmed. Still waiting on a final confirmation on if it will be the XZA or the XZA+ as the top AMT trim.

Expect the launch by the third week of March. Tata Motors will confirm the exact date very soon.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th February 2018 at 19:21. Reason: added details.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 19:38   #837
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Bookings for the AMT variants are now being accepted at Tata dealerships for a token amount of Rs 11,000/-
Hi RavenAVi - Is it both petrol and diesel AMT or only one engine option?
Old 20th February 2018, 19:58   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
Thanks a lot for the update, RavenAvi. Could you please clarify if the silver colour a new addition to the standard choice, or is it exclusive just to the models with the aero kits?
The Silver Nexon with the Aero kit displayed at the Auto Expo? It was just a display model.

Aero kits can be bought as per the applicable variants as detailed in the brochures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Hi RavenAVi - Is it both petrol and diesel AMT or only one engine option?
Both. Expect a premium of ~Rs. 45,000/- over the equivalent manual variant for the AMTs.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 20:56   #839
BHPian

Guys Tata claims to be selling more than 4000 units of Nexon every month which is not that bad considering the reputation Tata has among the masses for lack of quality products and poor after sales. Is Nexon a success not sure because the percentage of Nexons in the market seems far too less compared to the likes of Brezza's and Ecosport's .

These are early days but i feel its not doing the business which Tata expected it to do after having a very promising product. I went on an official trip to Delhi some 12 days ago and was there for about 10 days. Metropolitan cities give the better picture of what's selling and what's not as you can get a wide range of customers for different cars ranging from small hatches to premium luxury cars. In 10 days stay i saw just 4 Nexons on the road which was shocking and disappointing at the same time considering the quality product Tata has managed to produce. The segment leader was undoubtedly Brezza and EcoSport but i felt it was Hyundai Creta which was ruling the segment and giving Brezza a tough fight even though Creta is from a segment above.

People still haven't accepted Tata can make good cars which is really sad and are not willing to bank on Tata products still even though Tata Tiago has been truly a great success for them. For crossover and Compact SUV segment Tata has less takers and people don't want to risk their money on Tata as yet. Not sure Nexon has been a success for Tata as yet and i feel it has not been treated well by people. Its still early days but by now it should had given us a better idea where Nexon stands.
Old 20th February 2018, 21:08   #840
BHPian

Unless I woke up too late, these kits have something for XZ variant also. Has it been launched? Any info on XZ feature breakup? Don't think it has been launched yet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks