Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2018, 12:32   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Guys, quick question about the Sharkfin antenna which houses the GPS in the top models of Nexon. How do we use that or rather where is it used ? Any pointers towards this would be helpful.
Old 5th March 2018, 17:39   #902
BHPian

Guys its slightly off topic and should be a generalized issue i guess but related to my Nexon so i am writing it here.

I had booked Nexon XZ+ Petrol White dual tone in february and was awaiting delivery by 1st March. I was very excited about the car and was waiting for the day i get my hands on it. Unfortunately due to a family emergency i had to go out of the state for few weeks and i am still out of my hometown.

While i am out of state i received a call from my hometowns dealer that the car is about to reach in a day or two. Now the question is what is the best possible solution for me in this case as i will be out of state for another 20 days and cant take delivery till i am back. I told the dealer my situation and he said he can't promise he can wait for so many days if anybody else wishes to take the vehicle before me. I am in a bit of a fix and how can i get out of this sticky situation. Dealer has been very cooperative and understanding to be honest but i don't want the dealer to feel i am just trying to ruin their business by delaying the delivery and keeping the car standstill without me claiming it.

Any suggestions,people out here can give me tips/suggestions on how to take the delivery of my car without letting it slip away to another customer. The problem is if i don't take the delivery i will have to ask for a new car yet again and wait for another month to take the delivery. Any help would really be appreciated.

Last edited by navin : 6th March 2018 at 15:57. Reason: typo
Old 5th March 2018, 17:51   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Any help would really be appreciated.
I was in a similar situation while buying Hexa and had good rapport with the sales manager. The car had to be kept for upto 20 days for all my bank procedures to be cleared. The manager had obliged and said he will try rotating the stock. So what happened was, when a customer booked a similar variant, he would be kept waiting till the new car reached the yard and the car kept for me was given to him. The new car in the yard was then considered to be for me.
This way, there was no issue of one car lying around for a while. Not sure if it would be possible in your case though.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 18:08   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions,people out here can give me how to take the delivery of my car without letting it slip away to another customer. The problem is if i don't take the delivery i will have to ask for a new car yet again and wait for another month to take the delivery. Any help would really be appreciated.
Win-win will be to pay him 80..90% of the agreed amount and ask him to give in writing that the vehicle with specific VIN shall be allotted to you upon remitting the remaining amount within 20 days.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 20:42   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
So what happened was, when a customer booked a similar variant, he would be kept waiting till the new car reached the yard and the car kept for me was given to him. The new car in the yard was then considered to be for me.
This way, there was no issue of one car lying around for a while. Not sure if it would be possible in your case though.
The problem in this case is will the dealer keep a new customer waiting for weeks together for delivery when the car is readily available and the actual customer for whom it was kept is not showing up and there is no guarantee that customer will come any time soon to take the delivery. Some customers are too pushy and are not willing to wait for long and ask for the delivery in a week else they wont book the car. I am not sure the dealer will be willing to let go the potential customer just because i am not sure when can i take the delivery in the first place. If the SA can give the customer a waiting time of about 20 days and they agree then only i feel its feasible but not sure SA will be willing to risk it as there is a chance of losing a sale or the client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Win-win will be to pay him 80..90% of the agreed amount and ask him to give in writing that the vehicle with specific VIN shall be allotted to you upon remitting the remaining amount within 20 days.
Thanks for the suggestion but this will not be an option for me at all. I have to get my loan sanctioned first to get the car and for that i have to be physically present to complete the legal formalities plus i dont see anyone from my family who can do this job for me on my behalf as my immediate family is not present in my hometown right now. Only thing which might get in my favour is that no customer comes to book the selected color(white dual tone) in my case and look for some other variants.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th March 2018 at 16:38. Reason: Correcting small typo.
Old 5th March 2018, 21:33   #906
BHPian

Today was looking at the TATA Nexon closely since am at the verge of making a decision to buy between Nexon, Ecosport and WRV. Coming to the point, the inter-cooler has been placed too much to the front and I was a bit skeptical about that.. Even a minor accident or a small bump against a wall or something during parking is going to cost the intercooler. Also the grill protecting the intercooler is open to the extent that it is not going to prevent any stones coming the vehicle at the front (in kaccha roads).

Didn't anyone notice it? Any advice here?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-intercooler-nexon.jpg  

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 5th March 2018 at 21:36.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 23:03   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Today was looking at the TATA Nexon closely since am at the verge of making a decision to buy between Nexon, Ecosport and WRV. Coming to the point, the inter-cooler has been placed too much to the front and I was a bit skeptical about that.. Even a minor accident or a small bump against a wall or something during parking is going to cost the intercooler. Also the grill protecting the intercooler is open to the extent that it is not going to prevent any stones coming the vehicle at the front (in kaccha roads).

Didn't anyone notice it? Any advice here?
Last weekend I had to travel to my home town. In Chennai - Trichy highway, there was one elite i20 active going in front of me.
There was a small traffic section where he was going some 10m in front of me. Suddenly a huge chunk of wooden branch came flying from under his car. It came and hit my front bumper with a huge noise. When stopped and checked, there was just a very very small scratch, just about 1 cm from the very bottom of the bumper on the air dam section in front of the intercooler. I was literally amazed on the build quality. Had it been any other car, specially Maruti, I am 100% sure the bumper would have been damaged and bumper might have come out. That section is very sturdy.

Last edited by GTO : 7th March 2018 at 08:28. Reason: typos
satish_tns is offline   (12) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2018, 23:45   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
When stopped and checked, there was a just a very very small scratch, just about 1 cm on the very bottom of the bumper on the air dam section in front of the intercooler. I was literally amazed on the build quality. Had it been any other car, specially Maruti, I am 100% sure the bumper would have been damaged and bumper might have come out. That section is very sturdy.
This gives me some confidence. I was very concerned when I saw the inter-cooler placement. Was a bit upset with that design actually!

By the way, how much has your vehicle run and is it holding well? Any niggles / rattles etc.,? Can I give you a call sometime to talk about the Nexon. It will greatly help if you can share your perspectives (if you are ok, pls send me a private message and I will call you at your convenience)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th March 2018 at 14:46. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 6th March 2018, 01:42   #909
BHPian

You are welcome anytime Sathya. I have sent you a private message with my contact number.
Old 6th March 2018, 12:31   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc
a decision to buy between Nexon, Ecosport and WRV
Sathya,
good luck with your decision making. I do hope you share it here as to what your thought process is. I am in the exactly same boat as you, may be there are more like us. I just need to see how everyone else is weighing pros and cons at this stage. I might finalise within next two weeks.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 13:09   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Guys, quick question about the Sharkfin antenna which houses the GPS in the top models of Nexon. How do we use that or rather where is it used ? Any pointers towards this would be helpful.
One usage is for android auto navigation, GPS coordinates can be sent from the head unit instead of using on board GPS receiver available on the phone.
Old 6th March 2018, 13:36   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Any help would really be appreciated.

Hi Syed, the issue is not that serious regarding your delivery. The dealer may sell the car to someone if he comes and clear the formalities before you. But in the same time the dealer will order fresh stock from plant. So maybe when you return back, a new vehicle would be there for you. This all depends on the timing. Maybe you may have to wait a week more after you reach back your hometown. Considering the loan approval, etc. you will have spare time for a week.
As fellow bhpian abhi7013 mentioned, the roatation of stock takes place with every dealership. It would be better to get a new stock rather than getting a car that would be kept at dealer point for a month.
Prateek19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 20:57   #913
BHPian

My Tata nexon has rattle noise from most plastic parts in dash board and side doors. These do not always come but when I go on tarmac roads which do not have smooth finish the kar kar noise is high. Any solutions to this? I told the service center guys but they did not care to resolve this.
Old 6th March 2018, 21:05   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Sathya,
good luck with your decision making. I do hope you share it here as to what your thought process is. I am in the exactly same boat as you, may be there are more like us. I just need to see how everyone else is weighing pros and cons at this stage. I might finalise within next two weeks.
After few back to back test drives, have decided to go ahead with the NEXON. Will be booking the same tomorrow.
Here is my assessment / reasoning for the same. The vehicle will primarily be driven by my wife and naturally these are in alignment with her perspectives as well! Personally I prefer the Ecosport - feels quite mature IMO and a drivers' car, but NEXON edges past with the so called NOVELTY factor (young kid on the block deserves a chance!). So, its the NEXON Diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-assessment.jpg  

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 6th March 2018 at 21:09.
Sathya_sc is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 11:41   #915
Senior - BHPian

Feb 2018 sales numbers
WRV 3364
Nexon 4163
Ecosport 5438
Brezza 11620
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com