Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2018, 15:12   #931
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

https://www.carblogindia.com/tata-ne...price-mileage/

Disclaimer: I don't know how reliable this source is.

As per this source there seems some fresh info on nexon amt. 6 mar 2018
The Tata Nexon AMT will get a 5-speed manual transmission. This automatic gearbox will be offered on the mid-spec XTA and XZA variants only.
Old 10th March 2018, 19:44   #932
Distinguished - BHPian

A Nexon XZ+ owner was in for a pleasant surprise when his Nexon went through a BCM update at Hartron Motors, Gurgaon, due to his complaint for an issue with his tail lights.

Neat additional feature. XZ+ owners, take note!

Our friendly neighbourhood Autospy caught this Nexon XZ MT test mule on the streets of Pune earlier today, and made an interesting observation: while the test mule driver was swapping through the options in the Harman HU, he noticed an "I-Pod" option in the list on display. This is an indication that Apple CarPlay & related features are being tested in the Nexon, which might be introduced soon. (The HU supports Android Auto at present)

Also, despite being shod with steel wheels, this test mule was equipped with a reverse camera.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180310wa0036.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180310wa0037.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20180310wa0035.jpg

In other news, I renewed my Nexon booking on 9th March. (related post (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)) Am waiting for a confirmation on the launch date for the AMT variants, before taking a call for either MT or AMT.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20180309_181630.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 22:47   #933
BHPian

Any clue how much the xz MT diesel would cost on road in Mumbai?
Old 11th March 2018, 16:14   #934
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have a budget of around 8.5 Lakhs plus another 25K for accessories. On road price in Karnataka is 8.6L for the XE (Diesel) variant. The next variant XM will cost an additional 80K on road with just an extra rear power window , 2 DIN music system and a central locking.

Do we have an option to fit rear power window and central locking in the showroom for the XE (Diesel) variant?
Old 11th March 2018, 18:34   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I have a budget of around 8.5 Lakhs plus another 25K for accessories. On road price in Karnataka is 8.6L for the XE (Diesel) variant. The next variant XM will cost an additional 80K on road with just an extra rear power window , 2 DIN music system and a central locking.
Instead of getting them fitted separately for the XE, extend your budget and go for the XM. It's the most VFM option in the Nexon lineup, and easily better than the XE which is a near bare-bones variant.

You get:
  • A center antenna,
  • Dual-tone wheel covers (single-tone for XE),
  • Metallic silver gear knob (grey black for XE),
  • Grab handles with coat hooks at rear,
  • The amazing ConnectNext Harman Infotainment System,
  • 4 speakers,
  • AM/FM, USB/Aux, Bluetooth connectivity,
  • Steering mounted controls for Audio, Phone & Voice,
  • Smartphone support with the ConnectNext, Trip-ON, Juke Car, Emergency Assist apps,
  • DIS with instant & average fuel efficiency display,
  • Rear parking sensors,
  • Speed-dependent auto door locking,
  • Follow-me-home headlamps,
  • Central Locking with Remote,
  • Back power windows,
  • Electric ORVM adjustment,
  • Electric boot opening,
  • Power window delay operation (up to 3 minutes) and
  • a Fast USB charging port.
Totally worth it.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th March 2018 at 18:37. Reason: added a feature.
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 11:08   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
After few back to back test drives
Me and my wife test drove WR-V and it does edge past a bit to us. After returning home, we looked at the table you presented and we were thinking on pretty much similar on the same grounds like you did. However, the WR-V gearbox is awesome (more so after my 6 years of driving Nano) and the space inside is excellent. It is possible to install google maps on the Honda and that is why we have put it above other choices as of now. Plus the brand Honda and the urge to try something different is there too.

To look at Etios Cross also nearly crossed my mind . We had done a test drive in mid 2016 and that 1.5 petrol engine in a hatchback felt powerful and planted too compared to the 1.2 petrol on the Liva. However, given that its two years down the line and its still the same car with no update in sight, its way lower on the list.

We have not decided on anything yet finally. I just thought I will do a loud thinking and get a feedback before the 6pm deadline set by my better half to decide.

(My drive is 120km per day. twice or thrice a week depending on schedule. Other days, I will be working from home.)

Edit: For those in Delhi and NCR, Pahwa motors Delhi has manual Nexon XZ+ in stock in almost all popular colours I was told yesterday.

Last edited by avingodb : 12th March 2018 at 11:14.
avingodb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 11:50   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who are wondering about the exact power/torque figures of each of the Nexon's drive modes, here is a Team-BHP exclusive scoop:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-drive-modes-output-w.jpg

Sport mode = 110PS, 260Nm.

City mode = 90PS, 220Nm.

ECO mode = 70PS, 180Nm.

A request to add this info to the opening posts of this official review thread.
RavenAvi is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 23:56   #938
BHPian

Do you have these for petrol? By the way, crossed 1750 kms and mileage update is 9 in city with ac on in mostly bumper traffic of bangalore. Anyone facing similar mileage figures?
Old 13th March 2018, 02:08   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
You are wrong about the service interval of Nexon.

Its 15000 or 1 year for Nexon.
Please correct that, if its possible.
Not really. While the service interval is 15000kms the recommendation is to do a general checkup every 7500kms. To me, lower visits to service station means better experience.. be it check up or actual service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

We have not decided on anything yet finally. I just thought I will do a loud thinking and get a feedback before the 6pm deadline set by my better half to decide.
WRV is also a good choice. It’s good in its own right. No doubts about that. It’s just about different requirements and choices to different people. All the best.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 07:18   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
The next variant XM will cost an additional 80K on road with just an extra rear power window , 2 DIN music system and a central locking.
@Ravenavi has answered your question. The number of additional features for the extra money is worth it. We dont buy a car every day, and it often helps to stretch a bit for the next (VFM) model than regret not doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
My drive is 120km per day. twice or thrice a week depending on schedule.
Google maps can be had on your phone too. But For 120km on the day you drive, the driving comfort will be important. Look which one is more comfortable for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For those who are wondering about the exact power/torque figures of each of the Nexon's drive modes, here is a Team-BHP exclusive scoop:
Thanks, RavenAvi - the clip shows "all new" .. but I think this would be for the currently available engine, isnt it ?
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 12:37   #941
BHPian

Thanks for sharing RavenAvi.

I wonder whether ARAI mileage figures are measured in Sports mode as well. Can anyone please confirm? If it's not the case, I believe consumers are cheated by car manufacturers.
Old 13th March 2018, 13:17   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Thanks for sharing RavenAvi.

I wonder whether ARAI mileage figures are measured in Sports mode as well. Can anyone please confirm? If it's not the case, I believe consumers are cheated by car manufacturers.
I believe mileage is calculated for rated/specified/advertised engine capacity so in case of Nexon I think it is mileage at rated 110 bhp power which means in sports mode then.
sushantr5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 13:48   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Attachment 1740514

Sport mode = 110PS, 260Nm.

City mode = 90PS, 220Nm.

ECO mode = 70PS, 180Nm.

A request to add this info to the opening posts of this official review thread.
Thanks a lot for this, this is such a cool feature to be built into a car, especially at this price point, i drove the nexon the other day and it really was impressive, unbelievable for a Tata!

I wish every manufacturer provides selectable modes in all the cars, other cars i guess are tuned somewhat between the equivalent of city and sports tune from factory. (A balance between economy and power)
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 14:58   #944
BHPian

And the Beast Arrives.
Recently got the delivery of Nexon White XZ+ DT (Petrol)

The initial impressions are superb (coming from Grand i10 Diesel). Need to clock some more KMs to get to know her better. When you have a second look on your car after you park it, that feeling is just awesome.

P.S- I would really like to thank TeamBhp and my member friend akhil994 because whom I now proudly own a beefy and marvelous TATA product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahas83 View Post
By the way, crossed 1750 kms and mileage update is 9 in city with ac on in mostly bumper traffic of bangalore. Anyone facing similar mileage figures?
Have covered 260 kms on it so far and the MID shows the mileage of 8.4 kmpl (Driven in Delhi traffic with AC 100%).

gk.93 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 15:17   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
And the Beast Arrives.
Recently got the delivery of Nexon White XZ+ DT (Petrol)

The initial impressions are superb (coming from Grand i10 Diesel). Need to clock some more KMs to get to know her better. When you have a second look on your car after you park it, that feeling is just awesome.

P.S- I would really like to thank TeamBhp and my member friend akhil994 because whom I now proudly own a beefy and marvelous TATA product.
Congratulations on your car and i hope it brings you lot of smiles and happiness. I am awaiting delivery of my Nexon too which is coincidentally of same color and variant. I feel White dual tone looks more mature and premium than other colors. Would you mind sharing a few pics of the car here for everyone to see. As they say if you got it flaunt it.

Most Viewed