Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2018, 09:03   #1471
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post
No, I too only have a receipt acknowledging the same. I will ask about the AMC booklet from my SA.
No need of having a booklet for AMC.
It's registered in their system against you car's chassis number.
So be assured that whichever SC you visit, they'll have that information and you need not show any document as proof.
If you want to ensure that your care is covered, then download TMSC app and in vehicle details area you will see AMC details.

I had AMC for three years for my previous Tata
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 09:10   #1472
BHPian

Brought home the car yesterday after registration. Delivery experience in Hosur, TN was okay. No hassle as such, but they are yet to give me the Fasttag and the band, which they already have but just need to complete some work from their side for them to work. Here are some photos from my phone. I only hope that the Orange shade stays fresh in my mind for long time. Still wondering if should have gone with red. But then if I had gone with red, I would still be thinking the same.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180705_160722.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180705_160747.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180705_161531.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180705_161552.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180705_161625.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180705_161722.jpg
prakash_ajp is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 12:19   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
But overall i am surprised by the sales of TATA Nexon not going beyond 4200-4300 units on an average as i expected the sales to grow thanks to the AMT variants which were launched in MAY. Many people were already waiting eagerly for the AMT to launch so i thought the sales will increase a bit more,not sure why its still in the same sales number bracket of 4000-4300 units considering how brilliant the car has been from TATA and the public has given it a big thumbs up.
IMHO the deliveries of AMT varients are facing teething trouble. Possibly due to several colour in ST/DT mode and tata SCM is facing heat in maintaining the schedule and supply. In coming couple of months things may smoothen out.

PS: I booked mine XZA+(P) morrocon blue DT on 11.06.2018 no news from dealer as yet about delivery.
sanagg1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 13:38   #1474
BHPian

Looking forward to the feedback on XZA+(Petrol) from current owners as not able to decide between petrol and the diesel one. Mine would be mostly city driving with monthly usage of less than 700 KMs. We have 2017 Jazz Petrol, which feels a bit sluggish in traffic at times due to lesser torque.
Thanks in advance!
DriveT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 15:08   #1475

I had taken a 2 year Extended warranty and Gold AMC for my XZA+(D). Got only receipts mentioning these details. So no need to worry.

Overall the buying experience was a mixed bag. I was satisfied about it till I received the invoice and related documents from the dealer.
Noticed manipulated accounting heads due to which now I am in a dispute with dealer accounts team, as I feel they have shortchanged me by few thousand bucks!!
If they don't settle it amicably, I will have to explore other options.
I surely feel the product is excellent but Tata can potentially lose the opportunity due to their dealer network.
Dips is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 22:22   #1476
Senior - BHPian

OpI tried to test drive the Nexon twice. The dealer seemed reluctant to allow the test drive. First time, several months ago, the car appeared at their showroom. I was passing by. I requested for a test drive and was promptly offered one. Alas, even before I slotted into third, fuel ran out. They simply shrugged shoulders. I let it pass.

A week ago, I approached the same outlet. Even Hexa was parked outside but the Nexon was tucked inside the showroom. When asked, the sales executive replied that they were not offering test drive for it.

I checked the interior and wanted to know the clarity of reverse cam. The Sales Executive slotted the reverse but no display was shown. I suggested to start the car. Again the same response.....No diesel in car.

I then informed him that way back in 2014 I enquired about the Zest but was dismissed in similar manner.

I bought my Zest in 2014, from a different dealer.

That was too not without drama. But the story would be told elsewhere.

Anyhow, Nexon isn't as spacious as the Zest. Zest owners seldom upgrade to the Nexon considering the cabin space alone.

Last edited by simplyself : 6th July 2018 at 22:25.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 15:00   #1477
BHPian

How many of you received a call from Tata Motors asking for feedback once you'd received the vehicle? The dealer mentioned that I should expect a call and asked me to give them (the dealer) a good rating.

The welcome folder/file you get has a toll free number which Tata asks to be called during your delivery. How many of you did that? I didn't, but interested to know what that's about.

I gave the car a waterless wash this morning using CarPro Ech2o.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180707_112623-1.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180707_112640.jpg  

teknicsand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 16:27   #1478
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I wanted to know if anyone has any idea about the possibility of getting the Tata Nexon registered as a motor cab........ Kindly advice....

Regards and Thanks....
Old 7th July 2018, 18:45   #1479
BHPian

Tata Nexon has been a killer product for Tata. Can see so many Nexons bought by the BHP'an friends here too.
Adding AMT to the product strengthened its position too. Good luck and happy driving the cars.
Old 9th July 2018, 13:05   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveT View Post
Looking forward to the feedback on XZA+(Petrol) from current owners as not able to decide between petrol and the diesel one. Mine would be mostly city driving with monthly usage of less than 700 KMs. We have 2017 Jazz Petrol, which feels a bit sluggish in traffic at times due to lesser torque.
Thanks in advance!
I have a daily run of 35 kms and opted for the petrol XZA+ after considering the added cost of the Diesel Nexon, Diesel pollution and rising diesel prices. Please feel free to check the Feasibility calculator here on team BHP.

The automatic Nexon has been a boon for me in the City Traffic and i am rarely stressed. The AMT box gets a little getting used to, and is a breeze to drive after a week or so. The drive modes are a blessing, and you decide on how much love you want to show to the pedal.

I get an average of 8-10 KMPL in Bangalore City traffic and 14-15 KMPL on the highway depending on the drive modes i use, AC switch on all the times.
ananthacharya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 23:11   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Hello all, an update to my booking. Finalised diesel version. I am going via car lease route and the PO is released to the dealer. I am following up with them to get me a firm delivery date. I will keep you all posted with developments.
Update on my booking.
I inspected the car physically on Sunday at their showroom. All seems to be good. 25 KM on odo. Here are the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180708_154430.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180708_154454.jpg  

Jakku is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 21:45   #1482
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
The automatic Nexon has been a boon for me in the City Traffic and i am rarely stressed. The AMT box gets a little getting used to, and is a breeze to drive after a week or so. The drive modes are a blessing, and you decide on how much love you want to show to the pedal.

Can you share your opinion on overtaking on highway or in city? I am asking because in AMT related threads (not specifically Nexon related), there are lot of concerns over how the AMT will handle quick overtaking maneuvers, since there is a lag associated with the shifts.
Old 11th July 2018, 21:54   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Can you share your opinion on overtaking on highway or in city? I am asking because in AMT related threads (not specifically Nexon related), there are lot of concerns over how the AMT will handle quick overtaking maneuvers, since there is a lag associated with the shifts.
If you are on city or sports mode, the car handles it pretty well. Just tried out few things yesterday during my drive on the highway yesterday. When you are in need of quick power, just press the accelerator quickly and a downshift happens (if required) and there you go.
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 10:52   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
If you are on city or sports mode, the car handles it pretty well. Just tried out few things yesterday during my drive on the highway yesterday. When you are in need of quick power, just press the accelerator quickly and a downshift happens (if required) and there you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
As confirmed by prakash_ajp, the AMT box is refined enough to sense an urgency and a pedal to the metal downshifts the gear and gives you instant torque for an overtake. Eco mode is very slow in shifting gears and i change the modes to City for a quick overtake or Sports in case i need to fly.

There is no noticeable lag that can be felt in City/Sports mode, but Sports mode does give you a bit of a head nod on gear changes.
ananthacharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 15:11   #1485
BHPian

I have a Blue ST XZA+ D. Mileage shown on MID and actual mileage differ a lot. I filled up diesel at a pump (had asked to fill till auto cut off), reset the MID and trip meter. Drove about 400 kms. I decided to refill diesel again at the same pump till auto cut off. Mostly my running is on NH 48 from Bombay to Vapi. MID showed 21.xx kmpl. While checking manually the actual kmpl was 17.xx. Initially I thought there may be error and i need to check again. I did the same procedure again and this time MID was at 20.xx and actual mileage was around 16.xx. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone faced similar issues with Nexon's MID? I follow similar process for my GT TSI and Yeti. While polo's MID is very accurate with an error of 0.3-0.4 kmpl, yeti's MID has an error of about 1kmpl. But error of 4 kmpl is simply not acceptable on nexon. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks