Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2018, 15:57   #1486
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone faced similar issues with Nexon's MID? I follow similar process for my GT TSI and Yeti. While polo's MID is very accurate with an error of 0.3-0.4 kmpl, yeti's MID has an error of about 1kmpl. But error of 4 kmpl is simply not acceptable on nexon. Any suggestions?
Rather than Auto Cut off, use top up method.
You will be able visually verify the fuel level to be the same after both fillings.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 16:43   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, all of us in the Bangalore group are reporting 3-4 KMPL variation in MID, from actual. But real-time mileage is decent. I got a phenomenal 24 KMPL, T2T, on my Chennai trip. Now, it's hovering around 17-18 KMPL, T2T. Which is still great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have a Blue ST XZA+ D. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone faced similar issues with Nexon's MID? I follow similar process for my GT TSI and Yeti. While polo's MID is very accurate with an error of 0.3-0.4 kmpl, yeti's MID has an error of about 1kmpl. But error of 4 kmpl is simply not acceptable on nexon. Any suggestions?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 17:25   #1488

Thanks for such a detailed review and write up. I am happy to announce that I have booked a Tata Nexon XZ+ Diesel and will be taking delivery of the vehicle very soon.

Will keep you posted on progress, but happy to answer any questions regarding booking process and or any other questions related to offers in Chennai.
MuthuSB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 17:53   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Rather than Auto Cut off, use top up method.

True but still a difference of 4 kmpl is not justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Unfortunately, all of us in the Bangalore group are reporting 3-4 KMPL variation in MID,

Tata need to update MID software to show actual mileage and not just inflated value.

I had given my car for 1 st service at 1000-1500 km.
My steering is making noise while rotating it to left. I also faced issue when steering got completely jammed when i had rotated steering maximum to right while reversing. After that steering would refuse to move for a couple of seconds and after applying some pressure it would come back to normal.

Deogiri auto could not resolve the issue with the noise and said have informed TATA about it. They will send engineers to check the issue and take a call after that. Car stands at 1280 odd kms as of now.
Old 13th July 2018, 21:42   #1490

Cornering sensors - Tata is charging Rs. 3800. Is it advisable to go for them?
Old 13th July 2018, 23:57   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Tata had gone from one extreme to other.

In Zest, the MID shows a couple of km lesser as compared to the tank full method.
Old 14th July 2018, 11:55   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Unfortunately, all of us in the Bangalore group are reporting 3-4 KMPL variation in MID, from actual. But real-time mileage is decent. I got a phenomenal 24 KMPL, T2T, on my Chennai trip. Now, it's hovering around 17-18 KMPL, T2T. Which is still great.
In our Manza MID variation was always 1-1.5kmpl.
Now in our Tiago it's 2-2.5kmpl. In Nexon it seems it's gone to 4kmpl. So, instead of making their MID more accurate to real ones Tata is doing it backwards

On the other hand our Honda City just has a .5-1kmpl max variation.

BTW if you are getting 17-18kmpl in City traffic conditions then it's phenomenal as I am managing only 16-17kmpl in Tiago and that too in eco mode( I drive with a light foot).
Old 15th July 2018, 12:47   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Yes I'm good with its mileage. Just wish it were more consistent. I know our driving conditions vary and mileage should, as well. But, somehow my experience with Honda and Maruti in the past, had given steady figures. Tata should calibrate the MID to be more precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
BTW if you are getting 17-18kmpl in City traffic conditions then it's phenomenal as I am managing only 16-17kmpl in Tiago and that too in eco mode( I drive with a light foot).
Old 16th July 2018, 15:25   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Update on my booking.
I inspected the car physically on Sunday at their showroom. All seems to be good. 25 KM on odo. Here are the photos.
I took the delivery on Saturday. Here is the picture.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20180714_154602.jpg

Accessories added.
1. Window sills (Rs.2769)
2. Front grill upper lip chrome plate (Rs.1979)
3. Microfibre cloth (3 pc) (Rs.252)

Freebies
1. Premium Nexon mats
2. Mudflaps
3. Ganesha Idol
4. 3 L diesel coupon

Initial impression
After taking delivery, I went to temple for pooja & then back to home. Total 82 KMs on ODO. Its is easy to drive. Still getting used to the automatic drive.

I was driving through the ORR and the car was never going to 6th gear in auto mode. I moved the gear stick to manual mode and tried up shifting to 6, but no luck. I was really worried as the thought of getting a lemon. I pulled onto the overbridge from Hebbal towards Bangalore airport and started picking up speed. When the speed crossed 85 kind, it went to 6th gear and that relief was huge. Request other owners of Diesel XZA+ to kindly confirm if this is a behaviour you have faced as well. I was in ECO mode.

For the time being, I am driving in ECO mode and will run this tank full in that fashion to check the mileage and then will switch to CITY mode and then in 3rd tank full will go to SPORT mode and will check mileage and compare them. 4th tank full onwards, will be in mixed mode depending upon the situation. I will keep updating the mileage figures here.

One improvement I wish to have.
Whenever the car is switched off and then started again, the drive mode defaults to CITY and I have to manually change to ECO. I wish, it remembered the last setting and started with that mode.

One issue I noticed.
I started the car, gave the key to my friend and asked him to walk away from the car. He went for about 100m ahead, however the car never switched off and even I tried driving the car, and I was able to drive. Request other owners of Diesel XZA+ to kindly confirm if this is a behaviour you have faced as well. I was in ECO mode.

Issue I faced in switch over from manual to automatic.
Post taking deliver, on the way to temple for pooja, I was at a signal and changed the gear to N. When the signal turned green, I moved the gear back to A, but the car was not moving. Moved to R and checked, it was not moving at all. Lot of honkings and screams from others on the road. In the mean time, signal turned red again and I kept trying various combinations, nothing changed on ground. Then inadvertently, I pressed the brake and moved the gear to A, it moved. Lesson #1 learned - need to press the brake to move the car from N to any gear.

I was travelling at around 40KMPH speed, a group suddenly decided to cross the road, I had enough distance to stop, but, my left leg and right leg came to the brake pedal simultaneously and the result was a panic braking. However, the car behaved normally and handled the situation properly. Thank God, fortunately, no vehicle was there behind me, else it would have resulted in a bad situation. This has increased my confidence on the car, it can handle sudden braking, experienced it first hand. Lesson #1 learned - need to keep in mind that I am driving an auto now!!!

Other tit-bits
The trip meter shows that I am getting a mileage of 24KMPL, this is too good; I suspect a calibration issue.
All round (except front) visibility is limited and need to be more careful; blind spots are more. I just missed hitting a stupid 2 wheeler (he was driving on the wrong side of a road with median (close to median as well) and suddenly moved towards me where there was an opening in median; "A pillar" was hiding him for a long time and it was really scary for that split second when I saw him).
This is a big car for sure.

Overall, I am too happy in my decision. Thanks to Team-BHPians and the official reviewers for helping me in finalising this decision.
Jakku is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 15:40   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
• Want to see the marketing department's attention to detail? Check out Reinhard's post at this link. That kind of work makes us smile .

With regards to the post mentioned above, its been a trend with many companies to render images on 3D (CGI). Many of them do not do a photoshoot. TATA is one company thats being rendering computer generated images for all their marketing communication.

Therefore, its my speculation that the mentioned images (regarding the logos being straight) may not have been done photographically.

Point to note in CG images is that the point of contact of tyres to the ground will look exactly like the tyres above (below the wheel arch), meaning there would be no bulge occurring due to the weight of the vehicle on the tyres. Another point to note is that the wheel well gap would be more than in a real car. This is just to point out that most images we see of automobiles in their marketing communication are virtual. The rigours of photography have been effectively removed, sadly.

I have been chasing the SA at Concorde motors Chennai for 2 months now, but they don't seem to be willing to bring the TD car home. They insist I come to the showroom. The real disappointment is because earlier they almost brought the car for a TD and then cancelled due to some problem. Maybe the enquiries have picked up and they don't have time!!!??

Last edited by ajmat : 16th July 2018 at 15:59.
Old 16th July 2018, 16:02   #1496
BHPian

Quote:

One issue I noticed.
I started the car, gave the key to my friend and asked him to walk away from the car. He went for about 100m ahead, however the car never switched off and even I tried driving the car, and I was able to drive.
This is normal with most keyless /push button start cars.If the vehicle is started then it will not shut down even if the key is removed.
praveen_n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 16:40   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
I was driving through the ORR and the car was never going to 6th gear in auto mode. I moved the gear stick to manual mode and tried up shifting to 6, but no luck. I was really worried as the thought of getting a lemon. I pulled onto the overbridge from Hebbal towards Bangalore airport and started picking up speed. When the speed crossed 85 kind, it went to 6th gear and that relief was huge. [b]Request other owners of Diesel XZA+ to kindly confirm if this is a behaviour you have faced as well. I was in ECO mode.
Car shifts to the 6th gear only above 2000RPM and when the speed is above 80kms.
Jay2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 12:10   #1498
BHPian

A quick query to other XZA+ owners.
In the brochure, it is mentioned there are 2 units of 12V power socket; 1 in center console and 2nd one behind the LH rear seat. Howerver, in my car, I do not have the rear one. Is that the norm?
Old 17th July 2018, 13:07   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
In the brochure, it is mentioned there are 2 units of 12V power socket; 1 in center console and 2nd one behind the LH rear seat. Howerver, in my car, I do not have the rear one. Is that the norm?
I have it. I think TATA has been progressively removing features. I don't have the passenger side keyless entry, while some folks here have it.
Old 17th July 2018, 14:13   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
The feature must have been removed. Also, came to know that June production Tigors' do not have centre charging port. But they have left the placeholder as-is. Looks ugly

Cost cutting should be through effective value addition / value engineering not by blatant feature deletion.
k88k is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks