Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2018, 05:01   #1561
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Has anyone considered replacing the rear view camera? It's substandard to say the least.
Considered and put on hold .

The reason , the latest firmaware v12.50 adds apple car play to and they have improved the video rendering . So I want to see if its for real , if not , I will go ahead and evaluate options .
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:25   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Has anyone considered replacing the rear view camera? It's substandard to say the least.
During daytime the camera performs decent but at nights its horrible. But I can live with that so have not considered any upgrades.
Also at night the light output from halogens in projectors is very poor, planning for HID bulbs. Has anyone managed to do so? do you have to cut dust caps to fit the bulbs?My dealer says it will not void warranty but just give an error in cluster. Is nexon canbus equipped? I could not find bulb out error light in instrument cluster but we can always install error cancelers if it gives an error. My main concern is warranty and cutting of dust cap.
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:20   #1563
BHPian

Hello fellow owners of XZ+/ XZA+ variant. The multi-key is having a button with boot open sign. It's not working for me. I am at the service center now and the guys there claim that this feature is not available in nexon. That argument is absurd, but before I escalate, need to know if that's a right statement. So kindly help.
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:50   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Hello fellow owners of XZ+/ XZA+ variant. The multi-key is having a button with boot open sign. It's not working for me. I am at the service center now and the guys there claim that this feature is not available in nexon. That argument is absurd, but before I escalate, need to know if that's a right statement. So kindly help.
It worked for me without any issues.
dbaapps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:07   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if its too basic!
Typically, we need to long press the boot button to open the boot. Its not like other buttons on the remote. Please check.
kaviprem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 22:10   #1566
BHPian

Updating the thread after a week or so.
I did my first refuel and as promised earlier, I am updating the mileage here. Also, I had taken an appointment to fix the issues reported by me - Andriod Auto not working and Boot Release Button in the remote key not working, updating the same. One thing was perplexing, there was no job card made. I asked for one and they said, "Sir, there is no work done, hence there is no job card. For the Harman system upgrade, there is a report given to you".
I used TM Service App to report this issue. Got a call from the service centre quite quickly and he was pleading to me, "Please do not report issue to TM directly. Please call me any time, if I am unable to fix it, please go to TM". I am sure, TM is now acting on the issues reported and ASC is feeling the pressure to keep the customer happy.

Below, I am quoting different posts and updating data for them.

Quote:
Now, I have to ask other owners on 3 things.
1. Whenever I unlock the car and open the door, there is a hissing sound for a few seconds. ...
When I was at the service centre today, I asked about this and the SA replied, it is the fuel system getting engaged. Not sure how valid this answer is, but I gave it a pass as experts have commented in this forum that it could be either AMT engaging or another system getting initialised.

Quote:
2. Android Auto is not connecting. I tried connecting to the USB port and the Android Auto is kicking up, but the connectivity is unstable. What could be the reason?
I had taken an appointment for rectifying this. The "Harman Engineer" re-flashed the software with the same version of software and changed to a new cable, it worked. Not sure why the old cable had a problem, I had changed the cables and also, tested mine in an Xcent which has Android Auto and it worked. Checked his cable in my car, it hadn't worked then. Could be a combination of S/W re-flash and cable change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Considered and put on hold .

The reason , the latest firmware v12.50 adds apple car play to and they have improved the video rendering . So I want to see if its for real , if not , I will go ahead and evaluate options .
As told, they refreshed the system with the same version 11.40. The guy assigned to me was quite frank and said he is attending a NEXON for the first time. He is handling HEXA and as per him, that is having a lower variant of Harman system than NEXON. He was on call with someone who was guiding him what to do. When he was refreshing the s/w, I could see 12.50 was available with him, but instead of upgrading, he chose to re-flash with the same version. When questioned, he said (again guided by the guy on other side of the phone) that this version is not approved by TM to install in the already sold cars. As and when that is approved, the showroom will call owners in turn to get it upgraded. He was not sure of the advantages of the upgraded version.

Quote:
For the time being, I am driving in ECO mode and will run this tank full in that fashion to check the mileage and then will switch to CITY mode and then in 3rd tank full will go to SPORT mode and will check mileage and compare them. 4th tank full onwards, will be in mixed mode depending upon the situation. I will keep updating the mileage figures here.
The trip meter shows that I am getting a mileage of 24KMPL, this is too good; I suspect a calibration issue.
I did my first full tank refuel and mileage calculation is as below. 99.99% of time, I have driven in ECO mode.
Date of 1st fill - 15th July
Date of 2nd fill - 28th July
KM run - 455KM
Fuel consumed - 32.83 L
Mileage - 455/32.83 = 13.86KMPL.
Mileage recorded by MID - 19.8KMPL :: margin of error is huge which TM has to definitely look into.
Since this refuel, I am driving in CITY mode; after next refuel, I will give the data again.

Quote:
Hello fellow owners of XZ+/ XZA+ variant. The multi-key is having a button with boot open sign. It's not working for me. I am at the service centre now and the guys there claim that this feature is not available in NEXON. That argument is absurd, but before I escalate, need to know if that's a right statement. So kindly help.
Finally I got the answer to this. The service centre guys were clueless what the issue was and what the resolution is. They tried with multiple NEXONs and in none of the cars, pressing boot opening (even long press) button made any change. Finally they declared, “for NEXON this is a dummy button, there is no relevance for it”. My argument was “this is quite absurd, if there is a button it should work, else, it should be removed” and the guys were running to get a convincing answer for me. Finally, I called the sales guy. He came and explained the actual use of that button and was demonstrated to me.

Here is how it is designed. When you have the key with you and walk towards the car and press the button, it releases the lock and you can open the boot. When you are not near the car, but at a distance where the remote will only pick up the signal, you just press the “boot open button”, it will release the lock and you can press the button on the boot and open the boot, however, all the remaining doors will remain locked. In short, you don’t need to unlock the car to open the boot and that is the use of that button. Huge lack of training for the service centre guys. I am not sure how they will rectify an issue if some cars has it.

Last edited by Jakku : 3rd August 2018 at 22:20.
Jakku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 22:46   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
First you need to get it aligned properly. Its better to do the aligning when its dark. Ask the service team to do it in the night or at dark places.

Even after the alignment, you think the light is not up to mark, upgrade your lights.
Alignment is fine. It just doesn't seem adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Also at night the light output from halogens in projectors is very poor, planning for HID bulbs. Has anyone managed to do so? do you have to cut dust caps to fit the bulbs? My main concern is warranty and cutting of dust cap.
To me too they seem weak (Nexon XZ+) . Both High and Low beam bulbs are h7 type. So will try LEDs first for low beam due to their plug and play nature (No cutting of dust cap). If improvement is not that great then will think about HIDs (They require cutting of dust cap. Might shift the LEDs to high beam afterwards.
This is what my intended thought process is.

P.S-- I am not able to decide which LED to go for. Inputs on this are very much required from fellow members.
Old 4th August 2018, 11:42   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post

To me too they seem weak (Nexon XZ+) . So will try LEDs first for low beam due to their plug and play nature (No cutting of dust cap). If improvement is not that great then will think about HIDs (They require cutting of dust cap.

P.S-- I am not able to decide which LED to go for. Inputs on this are very much required from fellow members.
I also dont want to go where you need to cut dust caps. But selecting LED is very tricky. I am also afraid if I install LEDs from outside showroom, they can easily say your warranty is void. And at showroom, they will not have many options for LEDs.
currently I am waiting for my car to be called in for steering rack/column replacement. I have already reported this in the the below mentioned post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4435600

I have also noticed some kind of noise when car goes over a speed bump, could be bush problem or related to steering rack. Will get this sorted out when steering rack is replaced. Car has only clocked about 1900 km and issues have already cropped in. I hope these are sorted out quickly.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:01   #1569
BHPian

Found some Alto specific code in the Nexon 360 page javascript code. Looks like Suzuki and Tata are getting their sites developed from the same vendor.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon360code.jpg  

Kommandogerät is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 12:19   #1570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
Alignment is fine. It just doesn't seem adequate.
To me too they seem weak (Nexon XZ+) . Both High and Low beam bulbs are h7 type.

Philips Ultinon xtreme LED is available in H7 type and a few other members who have used it (albeit on other cars) have claimed good results from it.
PHILIPS H7 LED X-treme Ultinon 6000K (Set of 2) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075QHPBRK/..._na.zBbE0E8A84

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th August 2018 at 12:25.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 19:01   #1571
BHPian

Quote:

Here is how it is designed. When you have the key with you and walk towards the car and press the button, it releases the lock and you can open the boot. When you are not near the car, but at a distance where the remote will only pick up the signal, you just press the “boot open button”, it will release the lock and you can press the button on the boot and open the boot, however, all the remaining doors will remain locked. In short, you don’t need to unlock the car to open the boot and that is the use of that button. Huge lack of training for the service centre guys. I am not sure how they will rectify an issue if some cars has it.
Is this nor explained in the user manual? I would expect that a "cool" feature like this be not only explained but also promoted by Tata.
Old 8th August 2018, 00:37   #1572
BHPian

Tata Nexon Scores 4 Out Of 5 Stars In Global NCAP Crash Test Results

Quote:
In a new series of test by NCAP, the Tata Nexon has scored 4 out of 5 stars in crash tests. It is the fourth car made in India to get a four star rating following the likes of the Tata Zest, the Volkswagen Polo and the Toyota Etios. The Nexon is now the safest subcompact SUV in India.
Link
Thermodynamics is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:25   #1573
BHPian

Did Tata silently roll out Apple CarPlay in Nexon?

Tata Nexon : Official Review-carplay-nexon.png
strawhat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 12:21   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Did Tata silently roll out Apple CarPlay in Nexon?

Attachment 1787961
That is quite possible. At launch Tata has said that Apple Car play was under development and will be released at a later date. It remains to be seen whether this is being offered to existing owners as a software update.
Old 8th August 2018, 14:57   #1575
BHPian

So i contacted my dealer inquiring about LEDs and HIDs installation. He said whether I install HIDs or LEDs dust cover will be cut. May be we can use large dust covers from aliexpress (I hope they dont start the warranty game just for dust covers).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/YCCP...ceBeautifyAB=0

Also I asked about which brand HID/LED bulbs will be used he replied its a TATA genuine brand ART HID with 1 year warranty. I have not heard of this brand before, price was quoted to be 12k. I am thinking of installing HIDs in projectors and use the dust cover from aliexpress. Anyone heard of this ART HID brand?

Last edited by sagpatel : 8th August 2018 at 14:58. Reason: link added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks