Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
Could be 251 if you add me.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 12:32   #1803
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hello All,

I am planning to book either the Petrol XZ+ or the Diesel XZ within the next couple of days.

Can you please tell me:
1. How is the lumbar support and whether the seats are good for long drives? I took a TD of around 15mins and the seats felt quite supportive. However, if you can please throw some light.
2. I felt the gear throws to be sort of rubbery in the TD vehicle. There was no definitive notch while slotting in the gears. Is it like this in your vehicles?
3. Lastly, do you know of any discounts that is currently running? I am getting insurance at 6000 (for Petrol) or 14000 (for Diesel) + Corp discount of 5000 + Exchange bonus of 10000.

Regards,
A.
Old 6th December 2018, 15:51   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Hello All,

I am planning to book either the Petrol XZ+ or the Diesel XZ within the next couple of days.

Can you please tell me:

A.
1. Nexon is one of the best car to take it on to long streches of tramac. I recently have been on 1400 KM road trip and none of us felt a strain.
2. I did not faced this in my petrol Nexon.
3. The discounts mentioned by you are what currently going on in the market. Last week only I enquired about it for my friend and got the same offer. But you can definitely try getting some free goodies like seat covers to sweeten the deal. I am sure you would get it.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 18:01   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
3. Lastly, do you know of any discounts that is currently running? I am getting insurance at 6000 (for Petrol) or 14000 (for Diesel) + Corp discount of 5000 + Exchange bonus of 10000.
If you are purchasing it from Prerana Motors, BTM Layout, the salesperson who attended to me could be coaxed to give you some discounts. I'd PM you but don't see any option in here
Old 6th December 2018, 18:54   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
1. Nexon is one of the best car to take it on to long streches of tramac...
2. I did not faced this in my petrol Nexon...
3. The discounts mentioned by you are what ....

Quote:
If you are purchasing it from Prerana Motors, BTM Layout, the salesperson who attended to me could be coaxed to give you some discounts. I'd PM you but don't see any option in here
Thanks a lot guys for the replies.
However the situation is such at my end that I will have to postpone booking the car for at least 6-8 months.

Thanks one again!
Old 6th December 2018, 20:39   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, any idea about their used car valuation? Do they do diligently? The best people I found to date were Hyundai (may be the person I met for my car valuation).
Old 6th December 2018, 23:23   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Just out of curiosity, any idea about their used car valuation? Do they do diligently? The best people I found to date were Hyundai (may be the person I met for my car valuation).

Their evaluation is hardly fair. And more than the evaluation, their willingness (rather lack of it) to offer exchanges is what might put you off. I wanted to exchange my Indica Xeta GLS and they placed "N" number of T&Cs. And a representative of theirs evaluated the car below what Cars24 was offering. To give you a perspective, I was able to sell it at a price reasonably higher than what Cars24 quoted too.
mroutlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 12:00   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Currently I have completed 2750 KM on ODO, so, probably from next fill onwards, I will go purely in SPORTS mode atleast for a tankfull to check how it is.
I started using SPORTS mode when I completed 3000 KM on ODO. However, I am not finding it pleasure to drive in the congested Bangalore traffic, it is awfully jumping or I am yet to get tuned to this mode. Also, the fuel is draining pretty quickly when I was in this mode. The half mark came around 200 KM where it usually cross that post 250KM. So, I have fallen back to ECO mode starting the last fill. I will be putting up an ownership thread pretty quickly and will post the stats there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Jakku, quite a few detailed updates there from you. However, would suggest you create an ownership thread for your Nexon, where specific details like fuel filling can be put in. IMO, this thread could be for common discussions.
Quote:
Coming back here to post about my latest tank fill.
Thanks Condor, that is a good suggestion. I was contemplating this for sometime, but work has piled up and I am not getting enough time to spend to compose a thread. I will do that next weekend (15/16 Dec) when I am a bit free. I will also copy all these stats there for a consolidated update.
Old 7th December 2018, 12:42   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
I started using SPORTS mode when I completed 3000 KM on ODO. However, I am not finding it pleasure to drive in the congested Bangalore traffic, it is awfully jumping or I am yet to get tuned to this mode.
I've tried it briefly as well, but I don't it's a good option for the city. The only time I use it is when the roads are empty or on the toll road to KIAL. City mode works best.
Old 7th December 2018, 13:17   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
I've tried it briefly as well, but I don't it's a good option for the city. The only time I use it is when the roads are empty or on the toll road to KIAL. City mode works best.
It would be a good data if somebody tries tank full method with only Sports, only City and only Eco mode separately for petrol and diesel. This will give very clear idea how they work independently in terms of comfort, FE and other aspects. I assume this will give full spectrum of performance. For others it will be a mixed bag with known limits.
Old 7th December 2018, 13:40   #1812
BANNED

Quote:
I started using SPORTS mode when I completed 3000 KM on ODO. However, I am not finding it pleasure to drive in the congested Bangalore traffic, it is awfully jumping or I am yet to get tuned to this mode. Also, the fuel is draining pretty quickly when I was in this mode. The half mark came around 200 KM where it usually cross that post 250KM. So, I have fallen back to ECO mode starting the last fill. I will be putting up an ownership thread pretty quickly and will post the stats there.
As per my understanding, when you switch to SPORTS mode, the torque and power curves shift up which indicates the max torque and power would be now delivered at higher rpms. In other words you need work out the engine more to extract power or in case of automatics it holds on to a gear for a longer period (higher rpms) so as to extract max power. In city mode, the torque and power curves shift down so as to provide better drivability. So while in City it is better to use the City mode.

Note : This is as per my understanding, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 13:44   #1813
BHPian

Nexon becomes the first Indian car to score 5 star rating in GNCAP crash testing.

Related thread to continue the discussion: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ndian-car.html

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th December 2018 at 14:15. Reason: added link to dedicated thread.
jpcoolguy is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 19:12   #1814
BHPian

I absolutely love my Jax (as I call my Nexon) and this GNCAP rating is yet another proud moment for a Nexonite. 5-stars are usually Volvo territory and it's an amazing feat coming from a domestic stable. Somehow, the monthly sales of 4-4.5k don't do justice to a vehicle of this calibre esp. when compared with Brezza's totals of 11-15k per month. Not to undermine Brezza (it has a GNCAP 4-star amongst other things), but with it perched at the top, the CSUV space 'appears unjustifiably monopolistic'
Old 8th December 2018, 17:36   #1815
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ian-car-5.html

Last edited by Fulcrum : 8th December 2018 at 17:52. Reason: Posted in dedicated thread.
Fulcrum is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks