Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 10:25   #1891
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I highly doubt if its a Factory fit!

If yes, then that would be a first for a non-premium car in India.

The way TATA MOTORS is deleting features one by one, I don't think it is.

@JS Kwt, can you please confirm whether it is a Factory fit or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Michelin Primacy? That's the best tyre. I used my Bridgestone for 8K KMS before trading them for these, you're very lucky to get these straight from the factory. Saved you 40K, straight off.
And, Congrats on your Silver Steed. Suddenly, a lot of Nexons in this colour!
Old 8th January 2019, 11:05   #1892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Nexon has a very light clutch. May be you are used to driving a vehicle with a little heavy clucth. The first time you drive a nexon, it hits you hard. I realised this last week after i drove my BIL's Brezza for a brief distance. I am now used to my Nexon's super light clutch and driving the Brezza immediately pointed to this difference.
If the Nexon has such a light clutch by design, I am appalled. It had to be the TD car which I drove. There was absolutely no feedback or tautness in the clutch. It went all in or came completely out; too much effort went into creating a mental model whereby you could be sure that you were slipping out in 1st gear without stalling it. With all due respect to amputees, I reckon this is how an amputee with a prosthetic leg would learn to drive all over again! That's how it felt. No offence to Nexon owners or to any amputees who read this opinion of mine.

Quote:
Have you witnessed other vehicles in this segment? I think Nexon can still sit 3 people of medium built. Other competitors are even bad or just about equal at best.
We're looking to TD a Brezza today. We'll be sure to test it out by seating 3 people at the rear, for comparison's sake. The headroom in the Brezza is supposed to be good even if I were to wear a turban atop my 6'4" frame, as per our official review. The rear seating width is all that remains to be discovered now.

We had also earlier ruled out the Ecosport because I've driven it in the US on rent (albeit, named the 'Escape' over there). I know how small the interiors of the Ecosport are. I agree with you there; there are worse options in this regard, compared to the Nexon in this segment.

Anyhow, with the Nexon being a Tata, I expected it to seat 3 people without any 'adjustments' on the part of the rear passengers. Every Tata hatchback/sedan/SUV/MUV so far (except the newer slew of models, which I haven't tested yet) has been a comfortable 3 seater in the rear.

Overall, I might convince my manager to just get a TUV 300. He likes the all-round space in mine!
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 11:35   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
And, Congrats on your Silver Steed. Suddenly, a lot of Nexons in this colour!
Thanks Sebring. Yes, Silver Nexons are getting popular.

Color Choice Process
New Orange, Red and Blue looked amazing but too Loud and catchy for our liking.
Grey was the first option, but found it too dark. It subdued the Butch effect of the Black claddings and bumpers.
Although White is the color of choice for SUVs - the Prados, Land Cruisers, Range Rovers, Pajeros, somehow the White doesn't gel in the front look so well in the Nexon (*personal opinion). The side indicators on top of the projectors look too pronounced in White, giving it too much of Ninja Turtle Look. Thus didn't opt for White.
Refer quote of CD -
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The front grin could have been avoided had the kink in the headlamps been made more restrained and almost like a mini - Hexa. Here's a small edit I made sometime back to illustrate the same.
Silver is Quiet and Decent, just what we needed. I feel it brings out the Best SUV look of the Nexon, bringing out the beauty of all its black claddings and white ceramic belt and borders in the Most SUBTLE manner. Thus we Chose Silver.
This was my humble choice finalization, Don't mean any offence or disrespect to any color at all.
Nexon has great color choices and congrats to all owners for their respectful choices.

Quote:
Michelin Primacy? That's the best tyre.
I used my Bridgestone for 8K KMS before trading them for these,
you're very lucky to get these straight from the factory. Saved you 40K, straight off.
Oh how i wished TM had given me these Michelins from factory. Still some way to go ... TM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
I highly doubt if its a Factory fit!
The way TATA MOTORS is deleting features one by one, I don't think it is.

@JS Kwt, can you please confirm whether it is a Factory fit or not?

They are not Factory Fit.

Traded Off the Stock Goodyear Excellence (4618 - Nov 2018 make) - for the Michelins for 3750 per piece x4 = 15000. Appx 2750 is the cost difference and plus 1000 per tyre was the deal. Unfortunately the Primacy 4 weren't in stock for 215/60/r16 size at any dealer.
Nevertheless the Primacy 3ST are simply Amazing. Silence Personified! You just have to swap them to know the Difference. Feels like you have upgraded your shoes to Skechers. Car is so silent on all kinds of rough MP roads, it totally feels like a Petrol Car.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190105_164536.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190105_164449.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190105_164605.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190105_164345.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190105_170711.jpg

Last edited by JS Kwt : 8th January 2019 at 11:38.
JS Kwt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 11:42   #1894
Senior - BHPian

I agree. Mine are on Michelin Primacy too. But careful on rough roads and in areas where they liberally spread nails (Read the nail scam), usually near flyover descents. Drive slow on the rough and you're good!

Quote:
Nevertheless the Primacy 3ST are simply Amazing. Silence Personified! You just have to swap them to know the Difference. Feels like you have upgraded your shoes to Skechers. Car is so silent on all kinds of rough MP roads, it totally feels like a Petrol Car.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 16:09   #1895
BHPian

Found this on a noticeboard few days in the work shop of TASS in Meerut. It seems there is some issue with the front shockers in the car. Sometimes I get a feeling as if they are loose. Not sure if this has anything to do with the rubber seat they are talking about.

Has anyone else faced this issue with the front shockers?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190101_143600.jpg  

racsaxen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 16:43   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately the Primacy 4 weren't in stock for 215/60/r16 size at any dealer.
I have a basic question. Will the 215/60 R16 fit on the Steel rims of XM model? You gave me a good idea. Since I am thinking to buy XM soon, will go for a tyre exchange immediately after purchase and upgrade the stock 195/60 R16 with 215/60 R16 Michelins with the extra cost. But it should be allowed without warranty getting void.

I am running on Michelins since 2015 but on smaller cars such as Zen Estilo and Santro Xing. But ever since I have switched to them, it is a miracle. Improved driving experience, improved FE, reduced braking distance.

Only drawback is the deep grooves. They improve everything but small stones get stuck every now and then if you travel on local roads (typical Bangalore's daily drives). This causes irritating noise until you stop and remove them with something (typically the car key ).
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 16:51   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Received an SMS that said, "India's safest car Tata Nexon. Only car in india with full 5 start safety rating. New year offer with benefits upto 60K".
Good going Tata
Old 10th January 2019, 17:12   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Please could you share your full VIN,
Is it 627165 or 627162 ?
For me it's 627265. I guess it's different for each variant of the car, mine is petrol XZA+.
And I also checked my car's manufactured date, it's 26th Dec 2018 - so definitely a 5* rated model.

And I also found out another feature in my car, not sure if it was there in earlier models - a HIGH SPEED warning light shows up on instrument cluster (right bottom) whenever car speed crosses 80kmph. It's at least better than Maruti's beeps!

Here's the glimpse of my car after it just landed home from showroom:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0043.jpg

Last edited by asethi : 10th January 2019 at 17:33.
asethi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:15   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post

And I also found out another feature in my car, not sure if it was there in earlier models - a HIGH SPEED warning light shows up on instrument cluster (right bottom) whenever car speed crosses 80kmph. It's at least better than Maruti's beeps!
Congrats on the car. Please check and let us know if it's only a light or does it also beep once after 80kmph and continuously beep after 120kmph.
Old 10th January 2019, 18:54   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Will the 215/60 R16 fit on the Steel rims of XM model?
I believe the XM model comes with smaller rims which may not accommodate the 215/60. At least, this is what I was told by the sales guy in one of the show rooms in Chennai some time back. He also said warranty may get void. I didn't enquire further.

Last edited by ampere : 10th January 2019 at 19:07. Reason: Compacted quoted post
motobliss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 08:01   #1901
Senior - BHPian

My 'MiniLandie' has an extreme plastic fade, right from the first month. Nothing I do is setting it right. I've tried Turtle products, Mother's and Meg's, but it still goes white. Even strong chemicals like what Saritha Industries sells in petrol bunks keeps the shine on for a week, tops. I have OCD and want every inch of my automobiles to be in ship-shape condition. Seeing my desperation, few 'Gurus' suggested Shea Butter and Vaseline as well . So the search was on. Now, someone pointed to a secret serum C4 from GTECHNIQ. It's the priciest serum at 27 Pounds (10 ML), so I got somebody to hand carry it for me from Glasgow. This is a 'permanent' solution I believe. Will apply it and check if it is indeed the 'God Serum' for plastics. Fingers crossed!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7783.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 11:00   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
We had also earlier ruled out the Ecosport because I've driven it in the US on rent (albeit, named the 'Escape' over there). I know how small the interiors of the Ecosport are. I agree with you there; there are worse options in this regard, compared to the Nexon in this segment.
Doesn't change anything you said, just thought that I'd point out that the Escape and the Ecosport are different. Right now (and starting in 2018), Ecosports manufactured in India are being sold in the US, and the Escape remains a separate product.

Just a word of caution about the TUV 300's back seat: the vehicle is very roomy and has a very airy cabin, but the back seat angle is too upright; this was pointed out in the TBhp review (Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review) as well. It definitely makes the car less comfy over longer distances (for taller passengers especially). The Nexon and Ecosport both have rear seats with better under thigh support than the TUV 300.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screen-shot-20190110-11.19.13-pm.png

Last edited by Amartya : 11th January 2019 at 11:21. Reason: fixed word salad
Amartya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 11:29   #1903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Doesn't change anything you said, just thought that I'd point out that the Escape and the Ecosport are different. Right now (and starting in 2018), Ecosports manufactured in India are being sold in the US, and the Escape remains a separate product.
You're right; upon closer inspection, the Ford Escape is indeed lengthier than the Ecosport! But I found the Escape to be rather cramped at the back, so that's a death knell in the game of spaciousness for the Ecosport in my books.

Quote:
Just a word of caution about the TUV 300's back seat: the vehicle is very roomy and has a very airy cabin, but the back seat angle is too upright; this was pointed out in the TBhp review (Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review) as well. It definitely makes the car less comfy over longer distances (for taller passengers especially). The Nexon and Ecosport both have rear seats with better under thigh support than the TUV 300.
I know that; but we tend to pick horses for courses. Like me, my manager will drive solo for 80% of the time. For 15% of the time, as is the case also with myself, his kids will be belted in at the second row, while the spouse sits at the front passenger seat. That covers 95% of our intended usage. When the time comes a few years down the line, I intend to review the situation and pick whichever vehicle offers rear seating comfort. For now, spaciousness at the front is of prime importance for people like us - tall, with a bad back and who use it solo most of the time.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 11:36   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
My 'MiniLandie' has an extreme plastic fade, right from the first month.
My God! The fade is due to UV protection not being present in the plastic.
TML is really cutting corners in this now! This coming from a former employee

Quote:
Nothing I do is setting it right.
Nothing will set it right unless it is "painted". The paint will protect the UV rays from the sun to get to the plastic. Other option can be replacement of the part but no guarantee the replacement will be coming with UV protection.

Another option (which is not very much in control) is to park it in shade or put a cloth on the parts exposed to the elements.
Old 11th January 2019, 12:01   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Congrats on the car. Please check and let us know if it's only a light or does it also beep once after 80kmph and continuously beep after 120kmph.
Till now only one sprint >80kmph that too on a late night drive, will have to wait for few weeks before I hit the highway to test it out .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks