Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2019, 09:13   #1981
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

For Jan 2019, Nexon sales stood at 5,095 units, followed by the Ford EcoSport with sales of 4,510 units. Brezza is 13k something. That makes the first visit to 5k mark? This car is conquering places. Another success story like Tiago?
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 20:51   #1982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
For Jan 2019, Nexon sales stood at 5,095 units, followed by the Ford EcoSport with sales of 4,510 units. Brezza is 13k something. That makes the first visit to 5k mark? This car is conquering places. Another success story like Tiago?
No doubt the Nexon is a success for Tata. It is definitely one of the most well rounded products out there. with respect to engine and transmission, features and most importantly-price.

The XUV300 will definitely be a big test for the Nexon. From what we have seen so far , it is a very compelling product from the parameters mentioned above. (Of course, price remains to be seen).
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 22:18   #1983

TATA NEXON Revotorq XZA plus
I started living part-time in India from last year and prior to that, I started researching what vehicle to buy. My criteria included the highest possible safety, rating, dual air bags, solid build, adjustable driver's seat, automatic transmission, low NVH, driving range of 600km plus and a budget less than 15 lacs. The vehicles that seemed to fit and reviewed were Volkswagen Vento, Skoda Rapid, Maruti Brezza, Hyundai Creta and Renault Duster. I narrowed it down to the Brezza and Nexon based on the above criteria. I test drove the Brezza three times as I was taken aback by the poor performance of the AMT due to the turbo lag and jerky gear changes. I found the NVH also to be quite poor. The interior finishes were only average. I test drove the Nexon next and I was amazed at the difference. The performance of the AMT though not perfect was far superior and the power delivery excellent. The paint, internal fit and finish and the materials seemed far better than the Brezza, the handling and ride for a vehicle less than 4m was excellent.

So I took the plunge and booked a vehicle at Prerana Motors Lalbagh in September 2018 and took delivery in late October 2018. The dealer experience was good, the SE was very polite and accommodating and made sure that I got all the festival discounts. The delivery experience was not that great as another not necessarily well trained SE handled it. He wanted me to sign on the dotted line for delivery without even seeing the car which I naturally refused.

I have driven about 5000km to date including Bangalore, Munnar, Calicut, Virajpet, HAMPI, Chennai and so on. My driving has mostly been long distance and sometimes on pretty bad roads. The car behaved very well on these trips, was very comfortable and a pleasure to drive but developed a few niggles, such as a minor rear suspension noise, instrument panel rattle, steering noise. This was after the first service at 1800km. I lodged a request on the TMSC app and was pleasantly surprised by the practically instantaneous response from Tata Motors and Prerana Motors. They picked up the car within two days and attended to the complaints at no cost to me. I have owned cars overseas for many years and no car company or dealer ever came and picked up a car for in-warranty complaints.

I have to say I am really happy with the Nexon its strengths are;

- Feels solid and safe, the five star ANCAP helps
- Ride, handling and braking are excellent
- Effortless to about 140kmh
- Responsive Diesel Engine and good AMT performance particularly in City mode
- Good infotainment system, but have to sort connectivity issues with some phones. Make sure that the usb cables are good quality. I found this the biggest issue
-Seats are good and provide excellent support on long journeys.
-Interior finish and materials are excellent as is the air conditioning.
-Mileage of around 22.5 kmpl for mostly long distance and some city driving.

Now for the negatives
- Thick A pillar, a bit hard to get used to
- Orvm on the driver's side needs further refinement, 1/3 of the mirror shows the side of the car.
- No lumbar support
- Steering wheel has no tilt.
- multiple stage door locking should be made available through software update.
- Driver and passenger seat backs could have incorporated some storage.

This car compares well with many cars I have driven overseas. If they increase the number of airbags and incorporate electronic stability and traction control it could even be exported.

I am happy to recommend the Nexon as it is a safe, value for money proposition.
Edaks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 01:21   #1984

Hi. I would really want to know if there in one touch up for front driver power windows. Also is it anti pinch. I am unable to activate one touch up function
Old 8th February 2019, 03:07   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashiee View Post
Hi. I would really want to know if there in one touch up for front driver power windows. Also is it anti pinch. I am unable to activate one touch up function
The drivers window has one touch down feature, not one touch up. Have not tested anti pinch yet.

Was going through the owner's manual and I am unable to find the service reminder feature in the MID. Please refer the image below. I have a Dec 2018 Nexon XZ+. Is this something that got removed recently?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-service-reminder.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th February 2019 at 08:14. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 08:09   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
the service reminder feature
It would appear when you are close to 7500kms or 6 months. I have seen this happen in my car. There is no setting for this for user to do to either enable or disable it.
Old 8th February 2019, 08:44   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edaks View Post
Do you mean no reach adjusment?
Old 8th February 2019, 09:43   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
It would appear when you are close to 7500kms or 6 months. I have seen this happen in my car. There is no setting for this for user to do to either enable or disable it.
I was thinking the same thing. But this never appeared for the first service at 1k.
Old 8th February 2019, 10:23   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
I was thinking the same thing. But this never appeared for the first service at 1k.
It happens at Major services only. For minor services there is no reminder.

Quote:
Steering wheel has tilt functionality. You need to pull a lever beneath steering wheel to adjust the tilt.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 14:30. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 8th February 2019, 10:27   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
It happens at Major services only. For minor services there is no reminder.
My understanding is that this is essentially a days/kms count down until the next service due and should be available all the time as an indicator and to plan. Have seen this in Volkswagen cars and thought it to be similar.
Old 8th February 2019, 17:06   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Steering wheel has no tilt.
Nexon doesn't have a telescopic steering but tilt it most certainly has. As sparkguy mentioned, there is a flap/lever below the steering from you can make the required adjustment.

Regarding ORVMs, I am not sure if I got your point. ORVMs can be adjusted to your liking with the knob next to it.
mroutlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 18:12   #1992
BHPian

I did a 500km+ trip to Bandipur and back. This was the first time I was taking the car out on the highway after the initial run in period.

The road surfaces were a mix of smooth tarmac, broken roads, potholed roads and non-metalled mud road.

I have a new appreciation for the suspension setup after this trip. It just ate up all the patches with ease. Ride quality was fantastic and rear passengers had a good experience.

Coming from the i20, I certainly like the extra boot space which let us pack in 3 small suitcases, 2 bags and a pram.

The other surprising learning was the AMT was not boring to drive at all. Yes, it's no scorcher, but the multidrive modes and even the manual option were all engaging.

City mode was a good option to stick with as it gives you the right dose of throttle aggressiveness. Didn't stay on eco for too long. I ended using the manual mode quite a bit as well and overtaking was never a problem. Even the petrol has plenty of torque, so I can only imagine the diesel manual being even more fun.

Car always felt planted and I had more confidence going into corners than my i20, but I never pushed it as your always aware of the high stance and the body roll that comes with it.
teknicsand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 19:44   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Car always felt planted and I had more confidence going into corners than my i20, but I never pushed it as your always aware of the high stance and the body roll that comes with it.
I have moved through corners at speeds in excess of 70 kmph. It is definitely planted and the body roll, though present, is quite contained.
Old 9th February 2019, 12:21   #1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
Nexon doesn't have a telescopic steering but tilt it most certainly has. As sparkguy mentioned, there is a flap/lever below the steering from you can make the required adjustment.

Regarding ORVMs, I am not sure if I got your point. ORVMs can be adjusted to your liking with the knob next to it.
That was quite stupid of me, I meant to say it has no telescopic adjustment. Tilt I have adjusted using the flap/lever below. With regard to the ORVM I have tried to adjust it with the control to the maximum but I still see the body of the car in almost a third of the mirror. I should be able to adjust the mirror so that I can see only a fraction of the car body. Anyway, this problem doesn't exist for the left mirror
Old 9th February 2019, 12:49   #1995
BHPian

My Vehicle has arrived and has just completed PDI. I will be going to see it this evening. I will wait till Friday the 15th February to take delivery.

Although have driven and run-in many new cars in the past, I would like to know if there's a real purpose in that. I pretty much drive with a light foot until about 2500km. However, I have heard some older, experienced drivers mentioning about "waining" the Engine. Meaning, stretch its bottom and top limits sometimes during the run-in period to open it up. Do modern cars really require a run-in? Given the Lubricants composition seem to have improved too? Would like some information on general ways to run-in.
satyanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks