Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 08:15   #2011
srh
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Thanks. Will try this. Never thought that something like this would be available.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 14:24. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
srh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:16   #2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Whats the size that we need to order, i believe low and high beam will have different size dust covers.
Yes they are both different sizes.

Please see this video projector is 90 mm and the high beam is 75mm

rash3099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 13:52   #2013
BHPian

Finally took delivery of the Nexon Diesel XZA+

Thanks to everyone who have helped and assisted to make this purchase. Will keep you posted on the experience.

So far, the experience has been very pleasant and I do have a good feeling about getting to know, appreciate and love this vehicle over the years.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_1339.jpg  

satyanu28 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 21:22   #2014
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you a lot of enjoyable miles. Don’t be a miser, need more pics .
Old 17th February 2019, 07:50   #2015

so how are the long term reviews for Nexon coming in?

now that XUV300 has been launched it will be a bit difficult selecting which one to go for!

:-)
Old 17th February 2019, 21:07   #2016
Senior - BHPian

Could not find this in the thread, so sharing!!

Tata Nexon passengers unhurt after a billboard pillar falls on the SUV

Link

Incident occurred in Dehradun during a thunderstorm. Photos and video submitted by automotive enthusiast Chintan Naik.

Tata Nexon was quick to score a commendable 5-star NCAP rating when put through the front offset deformable barrier test at 64 km/h and side mobile barrier test at 64 km/h.

And while that enthused audiences, for the most part because it was the first time an Indian automaker had pulled off such a feat, nothing prepares you for an actual impact.

As this family found out earlier in the month. You never know what to expect when exposed to the elements. With the weather being overcast, and wind and thunderstorms for company, the occupants in this Dehradun registered Tata Nexon, decided to take cover and sit inside their Nexon, instead of standing in the open.

They couldn’t have been in a better place despite how unfavourably events unfolded. While they were seated inside the car, a sudden gush of wind unearthed the billboard pillar which was in front of the Nexon. The pillar fell straight on the car, and its occupants. Watch the incident caught by CCTV below.

But obviously it smashed all the glass to smithereens, and took the roof in, but the Nexon’s structure held out, ensuring all the occupants exited the vehicle without any help. Of course the initial shock leaves everyone running for cover until the larger group realises that someone hasn’t yet exited the car, and while they’re trying to pry open the front left door, the male occupant was able to climb over to the right of the front row and exit on his own.

The chaos that ensued in those few seconds is frighteningly nerve wrecking cause it’s anyone’s guess how this could have ended. Considering the beam and billboard weighed down the roof in structural deformity, and altered the functionality of doors. There would be precious little passers-by could have done if the occupants had been trapped.

Below are the images of the Tata Nexon in the video above, which is now getting repaired at a Tata dealership. The variant is a XZ+ trim, powered by a 1.5 liter diesel engine. The car is registered in the name of Praveen Chandra. The car was registered in Apr 2018. As per Global NCAP, Nexon’s manufactured before 7th Dec 2018 come with 4 star rating, and those manufactured post that, come with 5 star rating. The difference in stars rating is because of addition of new features like Seat Belt Reminder (SBR) in latest model.

Last edited by ampere : 18th February 2019 at 07:42. Reason: typo fixed.
AdityaDeane is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 02:39   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Congratulations! I am sure you will love the experience and here's wishing you many happy miles ahead.
Old 20th February 2019, 19:27   #2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Do you mean no reach adjusment?
You are correct, no reach adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
^ This is what irks me about our indigenous manufacturers. They undergo so many testings and still, they cannot make things right by the date of launch. Why not delay it? I personally love the Nexon and have been recommending it over the Brezza and also sometimes over the EcoSport...while this isn't a niggle, it does show, the homework wasn't done.

I do appreciate what you are saying about the manufacturers but this kind of issue is not confined to the Indian Manufacturers but the ones overseas as well. Many changes visible and invisible are made on the run. Infact overseas when one goes to buy an OEM part the vin no and preferably manufacturing date is a must. I guess this happens because manufacturers look at the service feedback. But look at what happened with the airbags world wide Toyota even got sued and ended up recalling millions of cars. A classic case of homework not being done and trusting suppliers to comply with specifications

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st February 2019 at 08:43. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 21st February 2019, 13:57   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I have a basic question. Will the 215/60 R16 fit on the Steel rims of XM model? Since I am thinking to buy XM soon, will go for a tyre exchange immediately after purchase and upgrade the stock 195/60 R16 with 215/60 R16 Michelins with the extra cost.
I am currently pondering over the same question as quoted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
You need to find the width of the Steel Rim
Refer this- https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart
The XM model's steel rim is a 6J rim. There were no XMA nexons in the yard during my visit, so i couldn't do a comparison of rim sizes. I request any one of the XMA owners to post a pic of their vehicle's steel rim engraving for comparison.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nex-rim.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 21st February 2019 at 14:01.
Old 21st February 2019, 14:08   #2020
BHPian

Anyone looking for even more power, Racedynamics has a Dieseltronic for Nexon.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190221wa0011.jpg  

damodar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 14:25   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Anyone looking for even more power, Racedynamics has a Dieseltronic for Nexon.
Now this sounds interesting though the torque jump is not that significant. A torque curve would be more interesting to see.

One noob question though: How will this integrate with the 3 modes that the Nexon already has? I guess, those 3 modes will go redundant when the RD is installed and working. Or, will we have (3x4) 12 modes in total?

The only advantage that XUV 3OO had (apart from features), will now be stripped because of this. 280Nm is very much at par with 300Nm from the 3OO.

Last edited by tarik.arora : 21st February 2019 at 14:32.
Old 21st February 2019, 21:27   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
I am currently pondering over the same question as quoted above.
Maximum size recommended for 6J is 205mm. If not 215 then 205 is better compared to 195.
Increase in GC
With 205/60 it is 6mm
With 215/60 it is 12mm (same as xz+ I assume)
Old 21st February 2019, 21:43   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
One noob question though: How will this integrate with the 3 modes that the Nexon already has? I guess, those 3 modes will go redundant when the RD is installed and working. Or, will we have (3x4) 12 modes in total?
Does this part of Cartoq's article answer your question? Or was this the reason for the confusion in the first place?

Quote:
The tuning box that’s fitted on the Nexon comes with multiple modes – E, S, P1 and P2. E mode stands for Economy, where power and torque outputs are limited. S mode stands for Stock, in which the tuning box stops modifying the fuel rail pressure. P1 and P2 refer to Power 1 and Power 2 modes, which increase power and torque outputs. P2 mode offers the maximum boost in power and torque.
If such a setup really gives 3*4=12 modes I guess that would be supercool. Modes modes each with the car's original Eco, City and Sport modes.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 21st February 2019 at 21:45.
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:11   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Does this part of Cartoq's article answer your question? Or was this the reason for the confusion in the first place?
I understood the 4 modes by looking at their website. The website is pretty self-explanatory. I think P1 will be the best balance between increased power, drive ability and fuel efficiency. I am seriously debating getting the box, the cost could be a deterrent though.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 14:08   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
THE BEAST a.k.a Nexon XZ+ P
Current Odo: 9330kms

Fuel Efficiency: 9.5kmpl to 9.99kmpl (Tankfull Method)
100% City Driving; Driven with light foot ; Maintained speeds of around 60-70kmph; AC ON 90% time; Used City (10%) and Sport (90%) mode only.
I believe you must have finished the first service. Is there any improvement in the mileage after that.

Your car looks dashing in that color

Most Viewed