Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 23:20   #2071

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Tata motors is offering Alloy wheels as accessories for lower variants, quoting Rs.42000/= as the cost. Sales person say these fit the lower sized tyres as they are made for XM, XT models. I wanted to know whether the cost is correct as on youtube some got them for less price. Also is the sales man right about the fitting or do you need to upgrade the tyres.

Last edited by navin : 8th March 2019 at 11:01. Reason: typo
Old 8th March 2019, 07:13   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katochrishi View Post
Tata motors is offering Alloy wheels as accessories for lower variants, coating Rs.42000/= as the cost. Sales person say these fit the lower sized tyres as they are made for XM, XT models. I wanted to know whether the cost is correct as on Youtube some got them for less price. Also is the sales man right about the fitting or do you need to upgrade the tyres.
42k is a bit on the higher side. That's over 10k per wheel. You can get better prices outside but then you may not get the exact same design. If you are fond of the Tata design, try to bargain. These people generally give 10-15% discount on accessories. You can try at a different dealer as well.
Old 8th March 2019, 09:50   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Nexon diesel achieves 37.5 kmpl by our own team bhp member Bunny. Now yes this was on an open highway with AC off and speed restricted to 80kmph. But isn't it commendable for a heavy car
I regularly get 22 or more from my much bigger Terrano at speeds above 100 kph with the Ac on. The current diesel technology is very efficient, slower speeds can return very high efficiency. I often outsource trucks for my projects, I have seen Tata 909 trucks return double digit efficiency when they are driven slow to take care of delicate load, if we hyper mile, and stick to 1800rpm the most efficient for this series of engines.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 13:19   #2074
BHPian

I'm from Chennai, travelling to Bangalore I have my Service Reminder light on during my highway drive, may I know a service center near by Kasturba Road and if possible contact number for service appointment....? I would like check it immediately before I proceed back to Chennai. Prompt replies appreciated, Thanks.
Old 8th March 2019, 13:27   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I'm from Chennai, travelling to Bangalore I have my Service Reminder light on during my highway drive, may I know a service center near by Kasturba Road and if possible contact number for service appointment....? I would like check it immediately before I proceed back to Chennai. Prompt replies appreciated, Thanks.
Are you just worried about the service reminder or the service is actually due based on km/duration? If it is just the reminder, you can ignore it till you get home. No issues at all.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 13:31   #2076
BHPian

It is due for service, however when the Reminder light is on engine noise changes and the drive modes are disabled. Also the service reminder light is off for a small period of time once I restart the engine.
Old 9th March 2019, 07:52   #2077
BHPian

I contacted the Service people back in Chennai and I was given a very strange course of action. He asked me to drive in first gear for sometime and then switch off and on the car. He says this could be due using of left and right foot simultaneously for brake and accelerator (Which I don't do). Interestingly after an hours rest did warning did not recur in city driving conditions.
I am ok with the warning coming on, but do not understand why the engine should feel and sound different and why the drive modes are disabled.
Old 9th March 2019, 09:54   #2078
BHPian

I got one year service done yesterday. Also some ECU update was done alongside update for the head unit software. Not too sure what the ECU update is supposed to change.

The biggest problem was the service centre was not equipped for 5 tyre rotation so only 4 tyre rotation in X format has been done as of now. I will switch the 5th one sometime this week at the FNG.

This was done at 11 months and 14800 kms. No complaints with Nexon except for a minor and occasional rattlein the sunglass holder.
Old 9th March 2019, 10:23   #2079
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I contacted the Service people back in Chennai and I was given a very strange course of action. He asked me to drive in first gear for sometime and then switch off and on the car. He says this could be due using of left and right foot simultaneously for brake and accelerator (Which I don't do). Interestingly after an hours rest did warning did not recur in city driving conditions.
I am ok with the warning coming on, but do not understand why the engine should feel and sound different and why the drive modes are disabled.
In my car, the service calendar was not reset when I got the 2nd service done. The car thus has been popping up the service due reminder for long. But that hasn't impacted anything around any functionality of the car. Your issue might be something different - not related to the service reminder.
Old 11th March 2019, 13:28   #2080
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Refresh coming?

In the past, Tata Motors has killed off good models by not updating them in time. Nexon should be given a mid-life facelift before this festival season to increase the appeal.

What will you consider mandatory vs optional in a 2019 update to the Nexon?

1. A Sharper, 7-8” screen - the Nexon screen has low resolution and contrast , and very fat bezels around it. Make it more responsive (faster processor?) Combine with a better rear view camera.
2. On the Automatics, Add Cruise control and fine tune AMT further
3. Leather wrapped steering wheel
4. Adjustable head rest for third passenger on the rear seat
5. Better noise insulation. Be the Safest and Quitest cabin on Indian roads! at least up to 15 - 20 Lacs.
6. Remove niggles like (engine mapping updates?) complaints of jerkiness in some modes, overambitious FE figures in MID, common complaints in service.
7. Exterior design updates to distinguish from current Nexon. Maybe Altroz style black swoosh line instead of the white ceramic strip?
8. Suspension: can it get closer to Duster's ride quality?
9. TPMS
10. A smoother, quieter 4 cylinder engine in the Petrol, more turbo/VGT. Same 1.2 overall size is enough.

Except #10, the others will be relatively low cost to do on a per car cost basis. But if Tata Motors can do a great petrol engine, they can sell Nexon as a replacement for C sedans like Suzuki Ciaz and Honda City. It also gives them better options if BS6 deisel engine is too costly.

Optional:
1. LED headlights
2. 7 airbags version
3. Dashcam feature
4. Harrier type high quality fake wood trim instead of the silver part of the dashboard
5. AEB - automatic emergency braking. Will become the first car below 40Lacs in India to get it.
6. Options for longer warranty and pre-paid service plans - 5 years, 7 years.

These can be in an option pack top variant. The features push the safety crown of Nexon and app visual appeal with LED headlamps. Better road lighting also improves safety. The wood trim adds interior appeal.
guptad42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 15:07   #2081
BHPian

Here's what I would like to see in the updated version:
1. Better reverse camera
2. Fix the AMT creep jerkiness
3. Redo the central console between driver and passenger for better space management - cup holder is unusable right now and the USB and charging port are hard to reach
4. Add telescopic steering.
5. Improve the low speed ride quality.
6. Make the touch screen more responsive

There could be other nice to have features, but I find these issues, particularly around ergonomics to be an irritant sometimes.
teknicsand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 15:24   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
Here's what I would like to see in the updated version:
1. Better reverse camera
5. Improve the low speed ride quality.
My only list would be these 2. Rest all can still wait. The reverse camera is just pathetic. The Nokia 6600 in that age had a better camera

On the low speed ride, this is my biggest grouse with the car. The low speed ride is jiggly and harsh. I dont know how to put this in words but the bumps at low speeds are felt sharply inside the cabin as if something hit very hard. Did anyone else felt this behaviour?
Old 11th March 2019, 19:05   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
On the low speed ride, this is my biggest grouse with the car. The low speed ride is jiggly and harsh. I dont know how to put this in words but the bumps at low speeds are felt sharply inside the cabin as if something hit very hard. Did anyone else felt this behaviour?
If you're on 32psi, try 30 and see if it helps.
teknicsand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 19:31   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
If you're on 32psi, try 30 and see if it helps.
I have been using 30psi only. I think i will get the suspension checked for any manuf defect as i have observed the same behaviour from day1.
Old 11th March 2019, 19:57   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
In my car, the service calendar was not reset when I got the 2nd service done. The car thus has been popping up the service due reminder for long. But that hasn't impacted anything around any functionality of the car. Your issue might be something different - not related to the service reminder.

Thanks. But in my case when the warning came up, engine noise changed there was more knocking in the low revs and the engine modes were disabled.
Did you experience any of that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks