Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 21:15   #2311
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Tata sells more petrol Nexons than Honda WRV petrol!
http://www.autopunditz.com/news/fy19...t-suv-segment/
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-d95pcoyvuaec6nx.jpeg  

damodar is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 10:21   #2312
BHPian

Did a fill up today. Here are the figures. Nexon XZ+ diesel
FE as per MID: 17.4
FE as per T2T: 14.3 (~3 KMPL difference has become standard. Last fill up was 3.2, before that was 2.9)
Driving: Purely city
Cost: 1835 (Shell, 27.45L, 66.85/L)
Trip: 392KM
DTE: 192 KM
Total range: 584
Days between fill-up: 14 days
Tyre pressure: 30 PSI strictly (have a shell outlet 700 mtrs from home so easy to fill with tyre still cold)
FE over 3600Km: 15.5 (2600 City, 1000 Highway)

During the last week my average speed was 13 KM/hr (range 8-15) in horrible Bangalore traffic. Despite this the Nexon diesel returned 14.3 and quite happy with this. There have been times when it took me 20 mins to cover 600-700 mtrs, with AC all the time set at 24.
June 30 will mark 3 months of Nexon so I will have a running of slightly more than 1200 Km/month. Undoubtedly petrol would have proved costly assuming pertol will return 10-11 at max, and with the idling time I have had in the past week, petrol would have gone down to 8-9KM/L

Last edited by aniyo : 26th June 2019 at 10:24.
aniyo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 19:50   #2313
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I own a Nexon XZ+ and would like to share a strange phenomenon happening in my car since I have changed my headlamp unit because of fog accumulation issue (even though the issue didn't get resolved.)

Whenever I drive the car continuously for more than 2 hours in the night with headlamps on, all of a sudden at some moment right side of the tail lamp goes off along with below additional lights
  • right side DRL
  • backlit of right-hand side window controls
  • backlit of steering mounted controls
  • backlit of button array which has foglamp switch and boot opener button

and when I switch off the engine, switch off the headlamp and turn the headlights on after 30 secs everything is back and works perfectly fine for next 2 hrs or so.

Can anyone shed light upon this mysterious issue? I am going to get the car serviced in the next 2 days and I am in a real dilemma whether to mention this issue at the service center or just learn to live with it. Because this issue cant be reproduced at the service center(unless they drive the car for 2 hours with the headlamp on) and I have trust issues with TATA service guys as I am very sure they will induce much more serious problem while rectifying this issue.

Your suggestion will of great help.
Old 26th June 2019, 20:24   #2314
BHPian

If you can record a video of this situation, tata service center guys should be able to definitely help
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 21:58   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Tata sells more petrol Nexons than Honda WRV petrol!

http://www.autopunditz.com/news/fy19...t-suv-segment/

That maybe because petrol WRV misses out on quite a few features over the diesel one
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 00:23   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
That maybe because petrol WRV misses out on quite a few features over the diesel one
I agree but who would have thought a TATA car would be selling more than it's Honda counterpart. Also Nexon sold more than the Ford's petrol Ecosport too, making it the best selling petrol powered sub compact SUV. Something unimaginable 5 years back.
damodar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 06:58   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post

Whenever I drive the car continuously for more than 2 hours in the night with headlamps on, all of a sudden at some moment right side of the tail lamp goes off along with below additional lights
  • right side DRL
  • backlit of right-hand side window controls
  • backlit of steering mounted controls
  • backlit of button array which has foglamp switch and boot opener button
Looks an error related to BCM. Now what's causing this malfunction needs to be diagnosed at TASS. The initial lot of cars did suffer with similar problems and replacing the BCM module solved these issues.
damodar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 09:29   #2318
BHPian

Quote:

Can anyone shed light upon this mysterious issue? I am going to get the car serviced in the next 2 days and I am in a real dilemma whether to mention this issue at the service center or just learn to live with it. Because this issue cant be reproduced at the service center(unless they drive the car for 2 hours with the headlamp on) and I have trust issues with TATA service guys as I am very sure they will induce much more serious problem while rectifying this issue.

Quote:
Looks an error related to BCM. Now what's causing this malfunction needs to be diagnosed at TASS. The initial lot of cars did suffer with similar problems and replacing the BCM module solved these issues.
Yes, it could be a BCM related issue ask the service centre folks to perform a BCM flash first and you can check if it still persists. I suggest you to take it up with service centre folks and NOT to live with these issues. You may have to visit them a few times but these days service improved considerably, let them fix it. You can always use the TMSC app and register a complaint to Tata Motors incase you find the service centre folks are not up to the mark. It definitely works.
SpideyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 11:09   #2319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Apart from the other complications as a first step please check the electric box and make sure all relays are in good shape. Make sure none of them is melted or deformed. I faced similar issue with my Santro Xing where in the low beam used to get switched off after driving for 30 min in night and I had only choice to drive with high beam (with all abuse from incoming vehicles). The root cause was a slowly melting relay that controlled the low beam. After waiting for 30 min, the low beam used to return to normal. Eventually when the relay was totally melted and deformed, low beams stopped working completely. Unfortunately that heat damaged the slot in electric box as well. There was a spare slot there and service person put a new relay after routing the wires. The root cause could be an underrated relay in place and bulbs were consuming more power. Ideally the fuses should melt and not the relays. But in my case fuses were all fine and even the service people were puzzled. But please check this ASAP since the electric box damage could be an expensive affair.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 27th June 2019 at 11:12.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 18:54   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Yes, it could be a BCM related issue ask the service centre folks to perform a BCM flash first and you can check if it still persists.
Quote:
Yes,even I suspected BCM malfunctioning first as after the last BCM update auto locking of the doors on moving the car stopped working. but this issue is happening after long interval of 2 hrs so bit confused. Anyway will definitely ask the service guy to update the BCM with stable version. Thanks a lot for the inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Apart from the other complications as a first step please check the electric box and make sure all relays are in good shape. Make sure none of them is melted or deformed. But please check this ASAP since the electric box damage could be an expensive affair.
This is what even I suspect right now and which is holding me from asking the TASS for solution. Having knowledge about the workmanship of Tata servcie I am bit afraid to ask them to touch wiring of the car. There is high chance that they will damage it even more instaed of reparing. As you mentioned its not a thing to ignore, I will stand firm on fixing this. Thanks for the detailed information.
ThilakNex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 19:27   #2321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree but who would have thought a TATA car would be selling more than it's Honda counterpart. Also Nexon sold more than the Ford's petrol Ecosport too, making it the best selling petrol powered sub compact SUV. Something unimaginable 5 years back.
+ 1 to that. 2 months back when I test drove the nexon petrol, I was told there were no discounts on the petrol whereas some discount was available on the diesel. Was surprising, since as per all reviews(including TeamBHP) , diesel was the better of the two.

I believe its mostly because not everyone has >1500kms running per month to justify a diesel , uncertainty over diesel future & BS-VI norm confusion. If people can buy Elite i20 petrol in hordes without bothering about mileage, Nexon petrol mileage ain't any worse in comparison as per user reports plus it offers the much needed high GC, features & super solid build

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th June 2019 at 19:44.
SoumenD is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 21:43   #2322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
If people can buy Elite i20 petrol in hordes without bothering about mileage, Nexon petrol mileage ain't any worse in comparison as per user reports plus it offers the much needed high GC, features & super solid build
Go for Nexon petrol any day considering the ride quality, seat comfort, GC and build quality. Pain point (just in case) could be service quality as of today (it is improving but will take time) for complex issues. Hyundai/Maruti wins there
Had to settle on Tiago due to budget constraint but otherwise I had finalized on Nexon Petrol XM over Elite I20 Sportz Petrol.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 27th June 2019 at 21:45.
Old 28th June 2019, 08:20   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Tata Nexon updated with new features

Source Article

Attachment 1886971

Still no day/night IRVM below the XZ trim. Defogger/rear wiper aren't present even in the XZ variant, making the XZ+ the only option for basic drivability features.
Considering the Nexon leads in (crash test) safety, maybe they could bring in these basic safety features which would help avoid crashes in a country where people proudly flash around their high beams and fog lamps everywhere all the time.
Old 28th June 2019, 08:34   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Go for Nexon petrol any day considering the ride quality, seat comfort, GC and build quality. Pain point (just in case) could be service quality as of today (it is improving but will take time) for complex issues. Hyundai/Maruti wins there
Had to settle on Tiago due to budget constraint but otherwise I had finalized on Nexon Petrol XM over Elite I20 Sportz Petrol.
Would have got it eyes closed if manual was the requirement, but sadly I needed an automatic. Was 90% sure of getting it till I test drove the AMT. The headnod was kinda annoying & marred the experience. Wish it came with a TC
Old 28th June 2019, 08:56   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
This is what even I suspect right now and which is holding me from asking the TASS for solution. Having knowledge about the workmanship of Tata servcie I am bit afraid to ask them to touch wiring of the car. There is high chance that they will damage it even more instaed of reparing. As you mentioned its not a thing to ignore, I will stand firm on fixing this. Thanks for the detailed information.
I don't think you should be worrying much. The situation is not as bad as you think. Let me narrate an incidence for you:

Before my Nexon, i had a Zest XMA for 3 years and 95k kms. Around 2-years and 60k kms into the ownership, i started experience something similar to what you are experiencing. Although, in my case, the effect was limited to the headlamps only. Tata diagnosed this as an issue with the fuse box. I don't recall the exact root cause but i think one of the fuse or relay kind of melted. The fix was to replace the complete fuse box under warranty. I told them to go-ahead with the replacement. When Tata guys were replacing the fuse box, they realised that the engine harness is also impacted by this. Now, the suggestion was to replace the fuse box and the complete engine harness. Initially i was reluctant but with no other option in hand, i gave them a go-ahead. The work was completed in around 5-days, of which 3-days were for arranging the harness as it is not a fast moving part. After that i drove the car for one more year (and 35k kms) before upgrading and never faced any issue.

Please don't worry and get your problem checked at the earliest. If there is an issue with the BCM / harness, it will be replaced under warranty. I have a thumb rule that i do not delay issues relating to tyres, brakes, steering, and electrical as the risks involved are beyond the vehicle.
tarik.arora is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks