Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 22:51   #2401
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Teaser

I expect this to be blocked or removed very soon as it says "Bookings Open" at the very end. Therefore, I'm attaching the screenshots as well.
Altroz steering wheel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Upcoming Tata Nexon to get new features; Spotted without camouflage before official launch
Updated Tata Nexon steering wheel:

Both of them looks similar - I believe it is the same flat-bottom unit. Seems to be leather stitched as well, going premium .

Thanks,
Debrup.

(Courtesy: Respective T-BHP members who have posted the updates.)
rupdeb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 10:15   #2402
BHPian

I have never fancied the leather wrapped steering wheel or the cruise control or Auto everything.
6 airbags, ESP, multi-link suspension those are the kind of things that interests me. But well the market wants something completely different. As long as car is a show off stuff in our country, features will wins over the build quality and safety.
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 10:43   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Diesel is an addiction, my friend. I don't know anyone who is happy after moving to petrol (from Diesel). The effect when you floor the beast is really something, and the electric KONA did give me that torque.
Plenty of enthusiasts all over who are very happy after moving from the relatively industrial diesel gruffness and heaviness to smoother and creamier petrols. That includes myself, and several others I know of. All depends on what attributes one values. For me, a purring and creamy smooth petrol motor is any day a superior driving experience than a gruff diesel and heavier controls. In fact, moving to a smooth and fast petrol from a diesel was a very, very welcome change for me. Yes, the diesel torque is pretty addictive at first, but in my case, that novelty wore off once other quirks of diesel engines began to overshadow it.

For people who can ignore the heavier driving experience, the torque might still come out trumps I suppose. Also, depends from car to car. In some cars, the petrol variant is pretty lacklustre and the diesel is an overall better buy (the Aspire, for instance), while in other models, the petrol is clearly the superior variant (e.g. City, Swift etc.).

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 1st August 2019 at 10:49.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 11:07   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
And that FE is for the diesel or petrol? Good numbers!

I'm expecting my diesel XZ+ some time next week now. Asked for the refresh one as the rear power socket & AC are certainly worth. I'll live with the ungainly black trims...

Actually over the last few updates of the software I think they have fixed it quite a bit and now a days its reported to be off by about 1-1.5 kmpl compared to T2T. Although my information is based on long term review videos on YouTube. MotorOctane etc.
I got a chance to drive my cousin's NEXON diesel AMT, it has now run for 4K kms. We both are sedate drivers, the FE reading was around 21kmpl during our ride.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 11:32   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I got a chance to drive my cousin's NEXON diesel AMT, it has now run for 4K kms. We both are sedate drivers, the FE reading was around 21kmpl during our ride.
21.5 on my MFD in XZA+ translated to 17.5 t2t - this is on city, mostly non peak hours with AC on.

Nothing to complain of course.

Last edited by Glass : 1st August 2019 at 11:33.
Glass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 11:50   #2406
Senior - BHPian

I want to keep the credit to my driving style🙂, but the vehicle is fantastic to drive compared to my Duster AMT.
Old 1st August 2019, 16:22   #2407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I'm trying to understand exactly which all features have gone missing now that I am buying the Nexon. The details are not clearely available and showrooms are still keeping older stock for display which is not cool. Here are the features I have noticed missing so far.

1. Engine temperature gauge
2. Illumination of power window switches
3. Silver finish on steering spokes
4. Satin chrome finish of door handles and trims
5. Rear fog lamp
Quoting myself!

And boy is the list ever growing. I saw a pretty new Nexon XZ+ Diesel in the office parking up close. And what did i realize? The LF door doesn't have the request sensor nor a conventional key hole now!! I remember that at launch the LF door also had the keyless request sensor.

Updated list of removed features -
1. Engine temperature gauge
2. Illumination of power window switches
3. Silver finish on steering spokes
4. Satin chrome finish of door handles and trims
5. Rear fog lamp
6. Front passenger door keyless request sensor on XZ+.
So thats one more feature less than my Vista! It had a key port on the LF door! Come on.

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st August 2019 at 16:34.
Old 1st August 2019, 18:12   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting myself!

And boy is the list ever growing. I saw a pretty new Nexon XZ+ Diesel in the office parking up close. And what did i realize? The LF door doesn't have the request sensor nor a conventional key hole now!! I remember that at launch the LF door also had the keyless request sensor.
From what i know, the left side request sensor was removed long time back. It was one of the very first omissions on the Nexon.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 22:25   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Wishing you & your family infinite safe & happy miles with the Nexon! Glasgow Grey sure is the best colour on this car. Thats the one I had selected when I booked. Changed it to Calgary White at the final payment - simply because my 9 year old Vista was also Cavern Grey & if I replaced it with a Grey Nexon, people mostly would ask "Are you giving sweets for foam washing & polishing your old car after 9 years?"
I also had Cavern Grey vista earlier but still opted for the Grey nexon.

FE is for Petrol version. I would try to share the pictures soon.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd August 2019 at 16:26. Reason: quote content trimmed
rammishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 08:33   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
but the vehicle is fantastic to drive compared to my Duster AMT.
Can we request a more detailed comparo please
Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 08:58   #2411
BHPian

One guy from Kerala Dr. Praveen Thappily did this DIY for his nexon.
He developed a circuit using an Internet of Things (IOT) module. Connected two relays to that module (for up and down movement). Then developed a web server (so we can access remotely using internet). Connected google assistant (ok google) and web server. So server can switch on/off relays according to voice commands.

Last edited by arungeorge : 2nd August 2019 at 09:22.
arungeorge is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 15:58   #2412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
He developed a circuit using an Internet of Things (IOT) module. Connected two relays to that module (for up and down movement). Then developed a web server (so we can access remotely using internet). Connected google assistant (ok google) and web server. So server can switch on/off relays according to voice commands.

Really well executed. This is a nice DIY project beyond doubt and these things sure give a pleasure to the person who actually carries it out as a DIY on own vehicle / device.

Other than that - I don't quite actually understand the benefits of "connected car" fearures as a mass market car feature. Its a nice technological demonstrator no doubt. Its also fine that the companies want to add these in the feature list to differentiate their product.

But then as consumers I fail to understand how people are actually wowed by these features and its this that actually tilts the decision. So much so that R. Paradkar from OD Mag said Hyundai Venue is a better car due to its connected car features even if its engine is not powerful enough!!! If this is the approach towards cars now, then the electrification of cars in India and move away from petrol/diesel will be faster than what the government wants. People aren't bothered about the actual driving experience much!

I mean its becoming too much now. "I can start the car and AC from mobile so that the car is cool when I go and sit in it". Come on! It takes about 1 minute for the car to cool in a conventional car. We don't have that much patience anymore?

===

Anyway. Got the allotment note and chassis+engine number for my Nexon few minutes back. A birth certificate per se .

Manufactured in July 2019 as expected. Didn't have to argue at all about it. I just told the sales lead that I want the updated one with rear AC cooling. He agreed and placed requisition with TML.

Its in transit and should be hopefully delivered today at the dealer yard. He has also agreed for a PDI without a single argument.

Last edited by Reinhard : 2nd August 2019 at 16:04.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 17:25   #2413
BHPian

Tata has replaced the XT variant with new XT+ variant

-Introduction of new XT+ variant in both Petrol & Diesel
- Enhancing the value-offering of erstwhile XT variant by adding new features to it and subsequently XT is now rechristened as XT+ variant.
- The green-highlighted cells in the table below are new feature additions/enhancements w.r.t the earlier variants.

- The VIN cut-off for mentioned changes is as follows:
o XT+ Petrol - MAT627268KLG31068
o XT+ Diesel - MAT627170KLG30916

As compared to the erstwhile XT variant, the price of new XT+ variant is increased by Rs 7,000 due to the new feature additions.

Touchscreen Infotainment upgrade:

Introduction of new 7” Touchscreen Infotainment- The current touchscreen Infotainment of NEXON has been upgraded to a bigger 7” touchscreen size.
- The Infotainment offers better touch-response and Aesthetic enhancements in the User inter-face of the touchscreen.
- The Infotainment change is applicable on XZ, XZ+ and XZA+ variants (as earlier).

- The VIN cut-off for mentioned change is as follows:
o XZ Petrol - MAT627228KLG31001
o XZ Diesel - MAT627135KLG30915
o XZ+ Petrol - MAT627262KLG30719
o XZ+ Diesel - MAT627162KLG31049
o XZA+ Petrol - MAT627265KLG30835
o XZA+ Diesel - MAT627165KLG30358

Updated circular and brochure is also enclosed
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonchanges.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEXON changes Circular_01082019.pdf (383.2 KB, 175 views)
File Type: pdf NEXON brochure_01082019.pdf (2.65 MB, 748 views)
KA18 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:12   #2414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Tata has replaced the XT variant with new XT+ variant

- The VIN cut-off for mentioned change is as follows:
o XZ Petrol - MAT627228KLG31001
o XZ Diesel - MAT627135KLG30915
o XZ+ Petrol - MAT627262KLG30719
o XZ+ Diesel - MAT627162KLG31049
o XZA+ Petrol - MAT627265KLG30835
o XZA+ Diesel - MAT627165KLG30358

Updated circular and brochure is also enclosed
The feature update is welcome! Good changes. But Tata really is now appearing quite crazy. Changes every week? Really? Just at least think of how many different versions you'd have to maintain in product catalogue!!

By the way, i have missed the 7" touch screen system literally by a few units of cut off!!! I cant believe it.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 18:29   #2415
Senior - BHPian

I prefer the leather-wrapped steering wheel since the plastic tends to slip otherwise. You can feel the difference. Cruise control is of no use in a country where man and animal roam so freely on the roads. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I have never fancied the leather wrapped steering wheel
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks