Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 13:58   #2476
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

And Eugene is Christened finally! The TBHP stickers were delivered 2 days before the Nexon but incessant rains here meant there was no time to apply them! Finally got a quick dry window this morning.

On my Vista I had "Live to Drive". I was thinking of keeping the similarity & using LTD sticker again on the Nexon. But I realized that for once I now have a car that goes fast, has a good power to weight ratio and I can actually ask "got bhp?" to people I overtake.

By the way - I am one of the few who actually like the quirky rear design of the Nexon. But found a huge flaw of it now. There are no flat plastic surfaces on which to apply the sticker!!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-stickerback.jpg

Also applied the www.team-bhp.com lines on both LHS and RHS besides ORVM. Picture of the LHS here.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-stickerleft.jpg

With this - I'll now stop posting individual pictures on this thread. I'll be starting work on the ownership thread now & any specific updates about my own Nexon will be posted there henceforth to ensure sanctity of this thread from my side.

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th August 2019 at 13:59.
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 16:00   #2477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
A small niggle though, the HU clock is slowing down and that too quite appreciably, say 20 minutes a day. Should I be alarmed and immediately head for service centre or wait till the first service?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I noticed the same this morning in my car too. In the evening though when I started from office again - it was showing right time. I'm wondering if synced up with the phone clock or something at that time.
I checked it just now. Was working absolutely fine since the last time I had set it & till this morning also. Right now when I checked it - it has suddenly fallen back by about 2 hours. So its some software glitch by the looks of it. Not a slow timer or anything.

Here are a couple of pictures.

You can see the actual time in the bottom right. MID is showing the car's time (linked with HU time).
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonclock.jpg

Software version that my Nexon is running -
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonsoffwareversion.jpg
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 12:52   #2478
BHPian

Yeah. Its the same software version in my car too. Will have to wait till the first service to get it fixed. Its really bothering me since I do not wear a watch and so far relied on car clock on the road. Its really annoying to have to check the time on the phone while driving, its a distraction definitely.
Inquisitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:15   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Nexon toppled up near Manali this morning.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190814wa0002.jpg

Seemed brand new and seems to have hit the divider in a very high speed. The front right tire is out with the suspension system and both the airbags were deployed with the impact.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190814wa0001.jpg

Hope someone survived the impact.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:27   #2480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Saw this Nexon toppled up near Manali this morning.

Seemed brand new and seems to have hit the divider in a very high speed. The front right tire is out with the suspension system and both the airbags were deployed with the impact.

Hope someone survived the impact.
Hope so too! Seems nasty. Given Nexon's record so far, probability of the occupants having survived is higher. Most of the car infact seems okay. Its salvagable by the looks of it to old glory.

Seems like a very classic case of a new car + high speed + driver falling asleep & hitting the divider. One of the most commonly seen phenomena on our roads sadly.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th August 2019 at 15:28.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 22:11   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to break this to you but you're few versions behind
Quote:
Software version that my Nexon is running
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-image19.png  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 22:14   #2482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
No no, I knew I was at least 2-3 patches behind. I had mentioned so in a previous post also. So no surprise. I will get it patched during service.

Thanks a ton for the picture mate, gives me easy reference if required during discussion with service guys.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 15:14   #2483
Vmv
BHPian

One Nexon Owner in FB group fixed an Apple Air in Nexon infotainment system. I dont know if the tab is fixed permanently or not.
Hope it will show some light on some nexon owners.https://www.facebook.com/groups/1618...1416006607171/
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-capture_20190815150352.png  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-capture_20190815150451.png  

Vmv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 22:14   #2484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
One Nexon Owner in FB group fixed an Apple Air in Nexon infotainment system. I dont know if the tab is fixed permanently or not.
Hope it will show some light on some nexon owners.
Good attempt and quite a few have tried things like this on their Nexon XM/XT. I wonder why someone who buys an Apple IPAD doesn't spend similar amount (I agree a bit more than that) to buy the XZ/XZ+ instead. But thats fine - personal choices.

As for the actual result - I think its a big too big. Unless there is an easy way to dim / switch the display off, it will be very distracting & quite problematic during night drives.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th August 2019 at 22:23.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 09:40   #2485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Yeah. Its the same software version in my car too. Will have to wait till the first service to get it fixed. Its really bothering me since I do not wear a watch and so far relied on car clock on the road. Its really annoying to have to check the time on the phone while driving, its a distraction definitely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Checked and confirmed beyond doubt now. Seems its linked to the AndroidAuto section of the software's code in my Nov'18 version that will get tweaked with the flashing.

Yesterday it was still lagging. This morning when I connected the phone again - it started showing the right time automatically. So its losing out on the sync-up part somewhere in the code when the phone is disconnected. Its not maintaining its internal clock properly when AndroidAuto is functioning by the looks of it.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 11:52   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Checked and confirmed beyond doubt now. Seems its linked to the AndroidAuto section of the software's code in my Nov'18 version that will get tweaked with the flashing.

Yesterday it was still lagging. This morning when I connected the phone again - it started showing the right time automatically. So its losing out on the sync-up part somewhere in the code when the phone is disconnected. Its not maintaining its internal clock properly when AndroidAuto is functioning by the looks of it.
I had faced similar issues, IIRC it was fixed as part of software update. As an interim fix, I had disabled sync time from GPS option in the settings menu which stopped time getting changed randomly (usually after being parked overnight).
samschenker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 13:11   #2487
BHPian

Considering Nexon's water wading capacity had not been mentioned anywhere across, I had sent a query to TataMotors on the same. And I am quite surprised to see the number, which is officially confirmed by TataMotors. It seems Nexon has a water wading capacity of just 300mm. While its competitors with lesser ground clearance have higher water wading capacity. Expert comments, please?

- Nexon 300mm
- Ecosport 550mm
- Compass 482mm
- XUV500 350 mm
pankajparikh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 13:12   #2488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschenker View Post
I had faced similar issues, IIRC it was fixed as part of software update. As an interim fix, I had disabled sync time from GPS option in the settings menu which stopped time getting changed randomly (usually after being parked overnight).
Thanks. I tried - but my software version doesn't have this option at all for GPS time sync etc.
Old 16th August 2019, 13:31   #2489
Senior - BHPian

This comes as shock to me. As Bangalore's underpasses are fully submerged during rains. Why is the wading capacity so low? Should have benchmarked EcoSport on this aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
Nexon has a water wading capacity of just 300mm, - Ecosport 550mm
Old 16th August 2019, 13:47   #2490
BHPian

One question,

Is there any audio quality difference between two variant of Nexon Infotainment, one with screen and another without screen.?
There are differences like lower variant does not get screen and tweeters. Apart from this, is there any others difference between speakers and audio processing unit?

Last edited by sushantr5 : 16th August 2019 at 13:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks