Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:52   #2536
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Well, I had a few others on a WA group also name the last update as a problem.

I need to investigate if it will go away with a different phone though. But what I know is that clearing the cache lets the connection go well for a while.
Glass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 00:44   #2537

Got delivery of my White XZ+ diesel manual today. Pleased with the vehicle, but the events that occured today morning almost made me cancel everything and book a Maruti(Should have listened to dad ).
I'll keep it brief for now and explain in detail later. The quotation said 51,600 for the insurance. We had our doubts initially but didn't really bother to verify.Floods have kept me busy and I haven't taken a single full day off in the last 22 days,only 2 half days where I had to do the loan work. Today while getting the OTP for the policy it said 40,283. More than 11,000 difference and they never mentioned it. We had already completed payment. I had really difficult time explaining the situation to the dealer while he acted totally innocent but finally managed to get written assurance that it will be refunded(his reaction was both funny and upsetting)

All loan related work was completely done by me. They NEVER asked if I needed any help in the process.
Not a single time were we offered any refreshments in the showroom.

Floor mats are the only 'accessory' given as 'free', plus an Idol and a perfume which will probably run out in 2 days. No mud flaps, no door guards.

I have the 3+3+3 contract though.
Definitely wasn't a pleasant experience.Definitely wouldn't recommend AutoMatrix to anyone. Our experience at Maruti last month for just the test drive of the Brezza was infinitely better.
The Revotorq is just great. Have made sure to fight the temptation of driving in Sport mode and will stick to city for atleast a thousand kms. Always starts in city mode now. Even older vehicles can get their MID/ECU updated to always start in city mode :P

Will update again about the driving experience.
cm1933 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 07:04   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Your insurance is on the higher side. I paid 18,000 the first year (New India) and around 14,000 in the second (Top end DieselXZ+). Third-year insurance is around the same, but through online portals I believe I can still shave a few more thousands off. Please do an online search. Regarding paperwork, whenever I'm asked to do any - I flat out refuse. Be it to buy a car or at the Bank for their records. It's their job and they should do it. It's really bad that refreshments were not offered. Please drop a mail to Tata Motors. Anyways, Congratulations on your purchase and hope you have a great time with your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm1933 View Post
The quotation said 51,600 for the insurance.

All loan-related work was completely done by me. Not a single time were we offered any refreshments in the showroom. Floor mats are the only 'accessory' given as 'free'
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 07:55   #2539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Your insurance is on the higher side. I paid 18,000 the first year (New India) and around 14,000 in the second (Top end DieselXZ+). Third-year insurance is around the same, but through online portals I believe I can still shave a few more thousands off. Please do an online search. Regarding paperwork, whenever I'm asked to do any - I flat out refuse. Be it to buy a car or at the Bank for their records. It's their job and they should do it. It's really bad that refreshments were not offered. Please drop a mail to Tata Motors. Anyways, Congratulations on your purchase and hope you have a great time with your car.
Thanks Sebring.
18,000? I have now paid 40,283 for Insurance!!! Includes 1 year first party and 3 years 3rd party.

Can other nexon xz+ owners post how much you have paid for insurance? I have it in New India Assurance.

Last edited by cm1933 : 24th August 2019 at 08:11. Reason: Totally my mistake, sorry.
Old 24th August 2019, 09:45   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm1933 View Post
Thanks Sebring.
18,000? I have now paid 40,283 for Insurance!!! Includes 1 year first party and 3 years 3rd party.

Can other nexon xz+ owners post how much you have paid for insurance? I have it in New India Assurance.
I paid 34000 from TATA aig. Had originally planned to take it by self and Tata aig quoted 31000 and showroom quoted final of 34000 so went with showroom people.
Old 24th August 2019, 12:02   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Your insurance is on the higher side. I paid 18,000 the first year (New India) and around 14,000 in the second (Top end DieselXZ+).
Can't be 18k for the first year unless you have transferred NCB from your previous car.
Old 24th August 2019, 14:46   #2542
Senior - BHPian

No, in fact, I have foregone the NCB I think since I wasn't around at that time. 31K was the dealership quote. And they couldn't match this 18K quotation, so lost out. Don't recall the dealership asking for my NCB either. Actually, even on our Bangalore Nexonites group, insurance is always a sticky subject - few people have paid through their nose (while some have been shrewd). My friend just got his second-year insurance (Same Nexon spec, top end) for under 11k. He was laughing at me, in fact! This is from Policy Bazar. So, I'm planning to get the same next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Can't be 18k for the first year unless you have transferred NCB from your previous car.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 14:51   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
No, in fact, I have foregone the NCB I think since I wasn't around at that time. 31K was the dealership quote. And they couldn't match this 18K quotation, so lost out.
Can you please post the insurance document or break-up here? It will help us understand where the difference is. You can mask the personal details.

Also, has anyone from your group with such low quotation claimed insurance till date? Was the process smooth?
Old 24th August 2019, 14:57   #2544
BHPian

I paid 24k for top end XZA+ D of IDV 10L from Digit without NCB. This is inclusive of two riders - RSA, tyre protect and had voluntary deductible of 1000.
Glass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 15:57   #2545
Senior - BHPian

It's better to do a cursory search on policy bazaar. Insurance quotes are wildly fluctuating, and like I said our group has been posting insurance quotes between 11K and 18K, for the second year. Regarding mine, those are the amounts I have paid. Let me not post it here, but for your benefit shall PM you my policy. Is that ok? Not sure what's going on here, that's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Can you please post the insurance document or break-up here? It will help us understand where the difference is
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 17:31   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
It's better to do a cursory search on policy bazaar. Insurance quotes are wildly fluctuating, and like I said our group has been posting insurance quotes between 11K and 18K, for the second year. Regarding mine, those are the amounts I have paid. Let me not post it here, but for your benefit shall PM you my policy. Is that ok? Not sure what's going on here, that's why.
Looking on Policy Bazaar makes more sense. I will have a look there. Thank you.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th August 2019 at 09:52. Reason: no short forms please. PB = Policy Bazaar
Old 24th August 2019, 21:55   #2547
Distinguished - BHPian

I think insurance premiums have actually shot up in last 1-1.5 years much more with new regulations, taxes etc.

Sebring's was purchased earlier when insurance was cheaper+ he managed to do goodv research and find the best deal. Both combined worked out that sweat deal <20k. It will be tough to get that now.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 00:29   #2548
Senior - BHPian

I paid 56K for 3 Years Zero Dep policy from Reliance, for the same policy dealer was quoting me 65k+. Got it through corporate tie up of my Org.
agspins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 08:13   #2549

Hello everyone,
So, finally got my membership approved on the third try! I've been closely following this forum for almost 10 years now.
Here are the first few pics of my Nexon XZA+ Petrol, I got a few days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_081737__01.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_081911__01.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_081753.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_070021__01__01.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_070040__01.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_070008.jpg  

G.Harry is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 11:21   #2550
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
Hello everyone,
So, finally got my membership approved on the third try! I've been closely following this forum for almost 10 years now.
Here are the first few pics of my Nexon XZA+ Petrol, I got a few days back.
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to Team BHP Family I'm also a newbie to the family .

Off the topic -It's a privilege to be a part of TEAM and I would like to thank each an every member for making Team BHP ever-growing & glorious family
Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks