Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 15:13   #2851
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Sorry, I'm talking about petrol. One dealer said they don't have inventory, they'll order one, the other has inventory which I have to see. If they have inventory I'll reach them in Jan to bargain more for a 2019 manufactured car.
Old 14th December 2019, 16:03   #2852
BHPian

Nexon is a thoroughly engineered car with beautifully designed aesthetics. Its commercial success comes from the aesthetics more than its engineering. An average Indian buyer cares less about safety, build-quality, sturdiness, robustness etc. vs. how much he/she cares about fuel efficiency and resale value. Kudos to Tata for giving us an uncompromised piece of engineering in a package that is affordable to the great Indian middle class.

Tata hit the sweet-spot with Nexon with the right balance of features, gizmos, solid engineering, fuel-efficiency, safety rating, ease of driving, creature comforts, looks. So much so that even Harrier couldn't achieve this sweet-spot even after using Land Rover platform.

Having said that, the party can quickly get over if Tata doesn't sort out its dealer network including after-sales.

All in all, Tata has a winner in hand, but today's automobile business is about keeping tabs with the customers' needs and responding quickly to market changes. Let us see how Tata plays the game going forward.
manjunathkl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 16:16   #2853
Senior - BHPian

Took a long trip to Mangalore and Coorg in the first week of this month.

Total kilometers covered: 1534
Fuel filled: 95.23 litres
Fuel economy: 16.10 Kms/Litre

Few pics from the trip
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c1.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c2.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c3.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c4.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c5.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c6.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c7.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c8.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c9.jpg
badboyscad is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 06:45   #2854
BHPian

Guys, can we get the rear air blower fitted in XMA?
Old 18th December 2019, 07:58   #2855
BHPian

i am again experiencing this winters that only the middle blowers give warm air and the ones closer to door continue throwing cool air. Is it a common issue and can this be corrected? I recall reading some discussion on this last year as well.
Old 18th December 2019, 09:00   #2856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Took a long trip to Mangalore and Coorg in the first week of this month.

Total kilometers covered: 1534
Fuel filled: 95.23 litres
Fuel economy: 16.10 Kms/Litre
Tata Nexon : Official Review-c9.jpg

Hi, I'm not really an alloy-wheels person. But, man those alloys look gorgeous on your white Nexon!
Very good choice
srvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 09:47   #2857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys, can we get the rear air blower fitted in XMA?
Whether you can? Yes of course. Installing the blower from pre July-2019 Nexon XZ+ is fairly straight forward. You have to source the center console part of the blower, wire it under the center tunnel & tap it into the front AC's power wiring. Of course this will only install a blower fan.

Getting the actual cooled rear AC setup done (ala Post August 2019 refresh) is not feasible & risks leaky plumbing. Hardly anybody will attempt it aftermarket & it will immediately void warranty.

Personally, I don't think either of the two are worth the hassle. Just set the front blower to 3 or 4 for 5 minutes. It will quickly cool down the whole cabin. Then settle to 1-2 & all occupants will stay comfortable anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
i am again experiencing this winters that only the middle blowers give warm air and the ones closer to door continue throwing cool air. Is it a common issue and can this be corrected? I recall reading some discussion on this last year as well.
This isn't an issue actually and standard design across all cars. Only those with an auto-climate control actually experience it. When you get warm air, it means your ACC set temperature is higher than current cabin temperature & the car is trying to raise it. For example, the cabin temperature is 20C as its winter. Your ACC is set to 25C. Car feels you want the cabin warmer & blows hot air to achieve that.

Solutions are -
  1. Set a lower temperature. But then it will chill I think!
  2. Switch the AC off & keep small gaps in windows for ventilation. Seems its cool enough already. But that will bring smoke and dust in.
  3. Disable ACC & simply use the AC in manual mode. Set to cooling, set the blower speed manually. It will work like any manual AC. I remember there are instructions for manual mode AC in the manual for XZ+.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 10:27   #2858
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, all exterior light upgrades that I had planned as DIY are now complete on my Nexon! Here is the list -
  1. Replaced stock low beam halogens with Osram 35W 4300K HID conversion kit (with stock projector lenses unchanged)
  2. Replaced stock halogen fog lights with bi-xenon projectors with 55W 4300K HID bulbs
  3. Installed OEM rear fog light
  4. Replaced 2x halogen reverse bulbs with LED bulbs (Faster illumination, 2x intensity)
  5. Replaced 2x halogen rear turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs (Faster illumination, 2x intensity)
  6. Replaced 2x halogen rear stop light bulbs with LED bulbs (Faster illumination, similar intensity)

No more electrical upgrades planned for the car now. With all these light upgrades & replacements in place, I must say I feel a lot more secure & stress free when out on the road after sunset. Best ever experience on Indian roads in a decade for me.

I hope the Nexon face-lift addresses some of these out of box. These might well be the distinguishing factor for the Nexon in coming days since almost all "regular" cars sold on our roads have poor lighting setup.

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th December 2019 at 10:28.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 10:45   #2859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Finally, all exterior light upgrades that I had planned as=============
These might well be the distinguishing factor for the Nexon in coming days since almost all "regular" cars sold on our roads have poor lighting setup.
Nice.. I'm pretty happy with the headlights for my usage. The rear bulbs I really wanted to do too (for looks) and the fog lights too (dying to modify something). Just not a DIY type of guy
Old 21st December 2019, 17:33   #2860
BHPian

Got an offer of 8.8 lakh for XZA+ petrol including exchange of 7 year old 176000 km run Magna(o) diesel i20. Should I go for it? Or wait for some more time till 2019?
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 17:53   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Got an offer of 8.8 lakh for XZA+ petrol including exchange of 7 year old 176000 km run Magna(o) diesel i20. Should I go for it? Or wait for some more time till 2019?
That's a pretty sweet deal for a top end petrol auto. I was quoted around 11 lakhs post discounts 2 months ago(15% Road tax as the car value was greater than 10 lakhs). If you have decided on the model, you should go for it! Pushing it till jan is a gamble you'll have to be willing to take I guess

Cheers
TDCi'd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 17:55   #2862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
If you wait past 2020, you do risk a price increase - could be about 30k ? The i20 has run 1.76L km, so makes sense to let it go now.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 18:00   #2863
BHPian

Is the Nexon top end Petrol Manual good for a couple in their early 30's, a baby (who would grow quick) and an elderly couple?

Looking for an ownership of 10 years. Will Tata after sales service be good to make the car livable for a decade? Most importantly stress and hassle free?

Since the baby is growing, intend to get the sunroof installed from the company. Is it reliable? What is the cost? Anyone who has done it? Leakage?

Would appreciate thoughts from owners of Nexon.
Old 21st December 2019, 18:04   #2864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Since the baby is growing, intend to get the sunroof installed
I didnt understand the connection between these two. I hope you are not amongst those who let their kids jut out thru the sun-roof.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 18:11   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I didnt understand the connection between these two. I hope you are not amongst those who let their kids jut out thru the sun-roof.
No, I know the safety issues having a sunroof and a kid standing. However, with good measures and know how of where and how to use, it will be some good fun for the kid.

Thanks for your concern.
VWAllstar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed