Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2020, 14:51   #3016
A M
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
is it true? Have you had any such experience of Tata capping the speed of a brand new car? Please enlighten.

Sai

This is news.

As far as the 80 KMPH speed cap is concerned, it is enforced by the government only on commercial vehicles. Passenger vehicles only have the beep sounds at 80 and 120 KMPH.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 16:06   #3017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Now problem is like this: I have a gold AMC for 45K Kms or 3 Years, whichever is earlier. My odo reading is 45K Kms in less than 2.5 Years. The SA says that they will not change the timer kit because the car has not completed 3 Years. When the car completes 3 Years, my AMC would have expired, so I would have to pay for the change of timer kit. I am still not sure if the timer kit change would be covered under gold AMC.
What you say is true, Gold AMC may not be required by everyone. It should be taken on a case to case basis with due consideration. On a side note, did you check if timing kit is covered under the P2P plan?
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 17:13   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

When asked about the same at TASS, they said, it's a government regulative to speed cap at 80 kmph and they will remove it post 2nd service.

Sai

I don't think it can be true considering the fact that the speed limit is 100 kmph for many roads. Speed limit was once 120kmph on expressways (may still be on some stretches).

And TASS guys give many ridiculous excuses, the very first being 'Ye to is model ki sabhi gaadiyon mein hai- its normal, kuch nahi kar sakte'. you really have to argue your case with them.
MadTitan47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 17:44   #3019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My friend had recently bought Nexon Petrol XM Jan 20 model. It has speed beeps at 80 and 120 kmph respectively.

However, he says that the car doesn't accelerate more than 80 kmph in any circumstances, other than a downward slope.
Does he drive in ECO mode? Generally its tough to get much speed in this mode. The car only has the standard 80 kmph (1 beep) and 120 kmph (constant beep) from factory. Fuel cut-off is around 170 odd kmph as an electronic safety limit. Nothing else.

It would be helpful if he can ask a co-passenger to shoot a video of how it is behaving at 80 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
On a side note, did you check if timing kit is covered under the P2P plan?
No, it's not covered in P2P.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th March 2020 at 17:50.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 18:15   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
On a side note, did you check if timing kit is covered under the P2P plan?
Yes, I checked. It is not covered under P2P.
Only the following are covered: Clutch, Brake pads/linings/Disc, Wiper/Wheel cylinder, suspension bushes, Engine mountings, Hoses, Ball joints, Auxiliary belt (alternator and AC belt) and window winder.

Schedule service consumables are also not covered
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 22:05   #3021
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for going off topic. Has any Nexon (or Tiago/Tigor) owner in Pune done a full steering leather wrap? If yes - could you please point to the place? I've lost hopes after searching for good 7 months in the city. Finally opened a thread seeking pointers here -

Link : TBHP thread for Pune accessory locations.
Old 25th March 2020, 18:19   #3022
BHPian

Facing a unique problem as my car's AMC is to lapse in the next 10 days and now no service centres are operating it is certain that I will not be able to get the car serviced within the period.
I have written the following email to customer care

"this is to inform that my Car Nexon DL12CN****, purchased in April has AMC valid till early April 2020. Due to lockdown on account or CORONA obviously one is not able to visit the service centre for the due service. I hope Tata Motors will honour the situation and allow for an extended tenure of the AMC for affected customers. "

I will pursue this as much possible. Do let me know if someone else is in the same boat and doing something about it.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 19:00   #3023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Facing a unique problem as my car's AMC is to lapse in the next 10 days and now no service centres are operating..
I saw a post that Tata has extended the warranty by 3 months. Hopefully the AMC should also be covered in this. Do check in some time.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:38   #3024
Distinguished - BHPian

Received this from my trusted service adviser on Whatsapp. A flyer from Tata Motors about car care during lock-down.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200330wa0039.jpg
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 23:11   #3025
Senior - BHPian

What happened to Indian Auto website that they are publishing Year Old (February 2019) Accident News as it has happened earlier this year (2020).

The Below is Last Year's Post on Team-Bhp-
Pillar of Advertisement Board Falling over Tata Nexon (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

And this is the News which showed in my News Feed when I open A New Tab in Chrome on my Android Mobile-
Indianauto News Tata Nexon Totally Crushed By Advertisement Board All Passengers Safe

The Screenshot of the Indian Auto Website-
Tata Nexon : Official Review-tata-nexon.jpg

EDIT: -
When I read that news in the News Feed, I remembered that this accident is an old one and has already been posted on Team-Bhp at that time. I had to browse initial 135 pages of this Official Review Thread to dig that post.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 5th April 2020 at 23:18. Reason: As Above.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:43   #3026
BHPian

Has anyone taken delivery or test drive of the facelifted BSVI Nexon diesel?
I want to know whether it uses a DPF and/or DEF (like Adblue).
Old 28th April 2020, 18:52   #3027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyD View Post
Has anyone taken delivery or test drive of the facelifted BSVI Nexon diesel?
I want to know whether it uses a DPF and/or DEF (like Adblue).
Nexon diesel BSVI uses DPF LNT. Does not use SCR, so does not need Adblu. Rumor has it that even the BSVI compliant 2.2 Varicor engine will rely on LNT instead of SCR.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 00:37   #3028
BHPian

My Nexon Xza+ diesel makes a clunk noise from the right front suspension when I crash into a pothole above 20kmph. It looks like the shock absorber has less travel and is bottoming out. Has anyone tried something like a TPU buffer to limit the travel?
Old 29th April 2020, 00:45   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
My Nexon Xza+ diesel makes a clunk noise from the right front suspension when I crash into a pothole above 20kmph. It looks like the shock absorber has less travel and is bottoming out. Has anyone tried something like a TPU buffer to limit the travel?
I think suspension noise when going over pothole has been reported a few times by members here (even in a brand new car if my memory is right).

One relevant post I could find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
My Glasgow Grey Nexon (Diesel) with about 3800 KMs on the ODO developed a 'thud - thud' noise around Front RH Wheel. After checkup and a week of waiting for the part to arrive, the front suspension struts were replaced under warranty.
Perhaps you can check with a friendly SA before you try anything.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 10:13   #3030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
Does it make any sort of friction like sound when going over speed breakers at lower speed as well? If yes - get your suspension bushes checked. These might be the cheapest culprits.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks