Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 09:56   #3211
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedMae View Post
For Nexon Petrol, the waiting period was mentioned as 4-5 weeks. But interestingly, the dealer contact mentioned that it is made-to-order.
I had booked a green Nexon Petrol xza+, which the dealer had in stock. But due to some confusion at their end it got assigned to another showroom. I've now changed my preference to White, and the dealer is saying I'll get the car by month end.
zhopudey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 19:54   #3212
BHPian

Nappa Seat Covers for Nexon

Hello,

Almost a month ago, I got these Nappa seat covers, Steering wheel cover and Matting done on my Nexon. Its from place called Empona which is in Girinagar. The owner's Name is Ananth and he claims to be working at Stanley before.

I am pretty happy with the Quality and Finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-5.49.14-pm-2.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-5.49.14-pm.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-5.49.15-pm-1.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-5.49.15-pm-4.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-5.49.14-pm-3.jpeg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-5.49.15-pm.jpeg  

Shrey_1520 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 20:11   #3213
BHPian

I wanted to use my Andriod Auto and the flash drive simultaneously however Nexon has a single USB port. So I tried this tiny USB hub and now I can use both simultaneously.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-5.49.13-pm.jpeg  

Shrey_1520 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 18:54   #3214
Senior - BHPian

A heavy tonnage Mercedes Benz Bulldozer/Tipper truck (which was demolishing/collecting debris at my neighbour's house) hit my parked 'Mini Landie'. First dent in three years! Any other car, and the A Pillar along with the roof would have collapsed. See the quality of steel used in this 5 Star rated car, and the small damage. Anyways, bringing it back to tip top condition was first priority and Key Motors have done a great job. Can't make out anything. I'm completely satisfied with the service aspect of TataMotors in Bangalore. My car has the Drexler Ceramic cover, need to check if they will do a touch up. So much headache for someone's carelessness!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_27081.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2905.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 19th September 2020 at 19:22.
Sebring is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 20:06   #3215
BHPian

Booked the Nexon petrol XZ variant in foliage green. Delivery is promised within 5 weeks. Had a pretty good experience with the dealership. I chose to take insurance from outside.
ZedMae is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 20:59   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Booked the Nexon petrol XZ variant in foliage green. Delivery is promised within 5 weeks. Had a pretty good experience with the dealership. I chose to take insurance from outside.
If you don't mind, please do tell me what your OTR price is and the dealership you are buying from (I'm assuming Chennai)

Also, are you getting the manual or the AMT?
Old 20th September 2020, 11:17   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
If you don't mind, please do tell me what your OTR price is and the dealership you are buying from (I'm assuming Chennai)

Also, are you getting the manual or the AMT?
Hi gusfring,

I'm getting the manual.

The OTR excluding insurance is Rs. 9,76,050.
Ex-showroom - 884500
Road tax - 90950
Fastag - 600

I was not offered any discounts. They have promised to knock off the price of the basic accessories.
I engaged with Tafe access.

Last edited by ZedMae : 20th September 2020 at 11:18. Reason: Added Manual variant
ZedMae is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 11:45   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Fastag - 600
I got an SBI fast tag for Rs 300 from Tata. Rs 200 is the registration charges and 100 in Balance. If they are charging you 600, ask them if you'd get 400 in balance.
Old 20th September 2020, 13:41   #3219
BHPian

Contrary to some people's opinion that Tata dealers/service centers just waste our time and money, I found out yesterday that they in fact can save you a lot!

As mentioned, I had booked a green xza+ petrol. They had the car ready in the stockyard, and delivery could happen immediately after loan disbursement. But due to some confusion, turned out that car was meant for someone else (apparently the person in charge of updating the website was sick and both dealers in Thane were looking at 3 day old data). So a new car would be ordered for me, and they promised delivery by this month end. I took this chance to change the color to white, as I was having second thoughts about green.

Last few days, the sunroof itch started bugging me a lot. As I was going to wait for a couple a weeks, might as well wait few more days and get all the fancy features. Though I don't use any real use for the sunroof, can't deny that it's an aspirational feature. And I wouldn't want to regret after 5-6 yrs for not increasing emi by a small amount. I somehow even managed to convince the home ministry! We both went to the showroom, and met the owner. We expected the him to be happy to have us spend more money, but surprise! He seemed really against the whole idea. Why do you want sunroof? Why do you need tpms? Where are you going to use cruise control? And he wasn't ready to budge on the price at all. So the wife and I decided it's no point spending 70K extra over the xza+ and gave up on the whole idea.

Now I'm just glad I won't have to wait a longer time for the car, and have started planning small drives nearby for Oct. Sunroof is an useless feature anyway
zhopudey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 17:19   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
He seemed really against the whole idea. Why do you want sunroof? Why do you need tpms? Where are you going to use cruise control?
I too had a similar experience when I was deciding between S and XZA+.
While the S Variant not just has a Sunroof, TPMS, Cruise Control but also a intelligent Xpress Cool Button, Auto rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, leather wrapped gear knob and leather wrapped steering wheel. I guess 70K is worth the upgrade if you find these features useful.
I am not a fan of the sunroof but I felt couple of other features are really good to have. I had even asked the SA, if I could choose the features I need
BTW, White is really a smart colour choice.
Old 20th September 2020, 18:53   #3221

Hi!

Has anyone been able to use the Android auto wireless feature in Nexon?

Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:04   #3222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav466 View Post
Hi!

Thanks
Nexon doesn't have the feature, afaik.
zhopudey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:26   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks
Wireless Android Auto is supported via 5GHz Wi-Fi which should be supported by the phone, OS and the in-car entertainment system. While I believe some of the After-Market Android Auto head units support this, the OEM ones still do not. So with Android 11, a compatible latest smart phone and an After-Market Android Auto head, this should be achievable.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:44   #3224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
While I believe some of the After-Market Android Auto head units support this, the OEM ones still do not.
The Google site shows support for Nexon though. I hope with system update, wireless support is also added.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20200920203253.png  

Old 20th September 2020, 21:15   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
The Google site shows support for Nexon though. I hope with system update, wireless support is also added.
That's for Android auto, not for the wireless feature. The head unit needs to have wifi5 for this feature to work. If the HU had wifi then Apple carplay would already have worked on wifi.

Edit: There's a usb dongle which lets you use carplay wifi on head units without the feature. I'm sure similar dongles will be available for Android soon enough.

Last edited by zhopudey : 20th September 2020 at 21:18. Reason: PS
zhopudey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed