Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 10:18   #3436
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hi. Is there a price hike expected in January for Nexon? My friend is all in to buy an XZ+ D. Sales guys are pushing him to book right now without offering any discounts claiming there would be a hike of 30-40k in January. He either wants a 2020 model with discounts, or a 2021 model. Is it safe to wait?
Old 4th December 2020, 10:55   #3437
BHPian

Re: My 2 cents on how Tata can sell more Nexons and beat the other tin cans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
I have decided to wait for the next round of refreshes (mid-2021 basically). M
========
In all likelihood it will be the last point and I will have to live with it.
I would also add Skoda Vision IN or VW Taigun in the list.
Old 4th December 2020, 11:13   #3438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Hi. Is there a price hike expected in January for Nexon? My friend is all in to buy an XZ+ D. Sales guys are pushing him to book right now without offering any discounts claiming there would be a hike of 30-40k in January. He either wants a 2020 model with discounts, or a 2021 model. Is it safe to wait?
Even if he books right now, it is very unlikely that the car will be delivered in 2020. Currently Nexon has waiting period of 4-6 weeks (even more in some cases). No doubt they are not offering any discounts.

As far as price hike is concerned, I don't think so there will be any. Even if there is, booking now might not help. As price/offers at the time of invoicing are considered. I remember there was some price hike in August and all the people taking delivery in August had to pay increased price, even if they had booked in June/July.

On the other hand I don't think there will be any difference between 2020 Dec model vs 2021 Jan model. It should not make any significant difference during resale as well.
toroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 12:34   #3439
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Nexon is really facing a production crunch or a high demand.

Good to see a lot of people getting information of their cars reaching the dealers.

We finally had to switch over to White instead of Silver for the Nexon XZ+(O) Petrol we booked on the 20th of Oct. The car was a CSD purchase so had to be billed accordingly from the factory. The SA informed us of the availability of white and we switched to a white car on the 10th of Nov. The car arrived at the Dealer's Stock yard on 25th Nov. Payment is being processed at CSD, we should be taking delivery in this week.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 18:18   #3440
BHPian

Has anybody installed 7D floor mats, I would like their views on it. I don't like installing those full floor mats. I believe the cons of full floor mat outweighs the pros. But 7D seems to strike a good balance between both worlds.
Any thoughts ?
Old 4th December 2020, 18:26   #3441
BHPian

Hello All. I have a 2018 June Nexon diesel XZA+. My infotainment system disconnects very frequently, so much that I am finding it very difficult to use apple car play. I raised this to the service advisor and he recommended changing the part which is ~ Rs 5,000. I told him I had a extended warranty and this should be covered, however he said that this part is not covered in extended warranty.

Has anyone faced this issue ? How did you solve for it ? I am assuming the service advisor is bull shitting me, first saying a small part costs Rs 5K and then telling me its not covered in warranty. I am stuck on what to do now.
Old 5th December 2020, 10:21   #3442
BHPian

Hello experts,

I checked out my car at the yard yesterday. Nexon XZ+ Petrol. I was mainly concentrating on the exteriors and didn't touch lots of things inside the car due to the Covid-19 situation. However, I noticed 'HARMAN' written on top the infotainment screen (on the frame, outside the display). I haven't seen this any other Nexons. Not sure if this is a new update? I had taken a mental note to check it with other Nexons on the yard, but forgot about it while taking a look at the exteriors again and remembered it only after getting home. The SA says (as expected), that in this batch it comes like that. Has anyone any idea?

I am going to showroom in a couple of hours. Shall check other brand new Nexons there to see if it is there.

Sorry, no pictures :(
Old 5th December 2020, 10:32   #3443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
I raised this to the service advisor and he recommended changing the part which is ~ Rs 5,000. I told him I had a extended warranty and this should be covered, however he said that this part is not covered in extended warranty.
What part? Is that the little rectangle that connects the Aux & USB cable below the AC controls? If yes - first ask him to replace it & test for a week. Tell him that if this is the root cause - it has to be covered by the warranty since it is part of the head unit system. Tell him you'll escalate to Tata Motors if warranty is not provided for it. Then test it for a week. If it resolves your issue - great. In Mumbai - some friends have had the connector piece replaced in warranty without issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
However, I noticed 'HARMAN' written on top the infotainment screen (on the frame, outside the display). I haven't seen this any other Nexons. Not sure if this is a new update? I had taken a mental note to check it with other Nexons on the yard, but forgot about it while taking a look at the exteriors again and remembered it only after getting home. The SA says (as expected), that in this batch it comes like that. Has anyone any idea?
This was expected. The Tiago/Tigor head units have started coming with the HARMAN badging since last month. So no surprise if Nexon also gets it. With all other brands starting to impress a lot with "JBL, BOSE, INFINITY" etc badging on every square cm of the car's panels - it was a matter of time before Tata cars started getting that badging. In case of the Tiago/Tigor I felt the branding was rather rudimentary & not exactly well finished. How did you find it to be in the Nexon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Has anybody installed 7D floor mats, I would like their views on it. I don't like installing those full floor mats. I believe the cons of full floor mat outweighs the pros. But 7D seems to strike a good balance between both worlds.
Any thoughts ?
Just noticed this post, so adding a response to this with an edit. I have installed 7D mats in my car. Originally had noodle mats from showroom. But I certainly find the 7D mats with noodle layer much better. Its easier to maintain & clean also. Good coverage & looks neat. If you want - PM me - I know a factory in New Delhi, that can ship it directly to you at a much reasonable price than what you'll get in the stores outside. At the same time - a full floor lamination below the 7D mats won't be too bad either. It gives better cleaning convenience + spill protection for the carpet. I have not done it because I don't want any outsider removing seats and body panels inside the cabin to fit the mat. Otherwise I find it a good utility.

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th December 2020 at 11:00.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 10:40   #3444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

This was expected. The Tiago/Tigor head units have started coming with the HARMAN badging since last month. So no surprise if Nexon also gets it. With all other brands starting to impress a lot with "JBL, BOSE, INFINITY" etc badging on every square cm of the car's panels - it was a matter of time before Tata cars started getting that badging. In case of the Tiago/Tigor I felt the branding was rather rudimentary & not exactly well finished. How did you find it to be in the Nexon?
Wow. Thanks for the quick response.

It would've been better if it was a little subtle. I recall seeing the 'Burmester' badge on the door panels of some mercs. They looked classy. Here, on the Nexon, they are finished well, but a little more pronounced than one would want it to be. Some folks may like it, some won't. Me? I don't know yet whether I like it or not.

BTW, is your office in ETZ? Rhine building? I think I have seen your car there.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 5th December 2020 at 10:42.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 10:45   #3445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, is your office in ETZ? Rhine building? I think I have seen your car there.
No but in Hinjawadi nonetheless. If you have seen the car somewhere around Wipro circle Ph2 - then it might have been me. I work in Phase 3 though, Not ETZ. I take the Ph2 route via Wipro-Infosys-TCG and onwards. Although the last time I went to office was in March week 1.
Old 5th December 2020, 10:52   #3446
Senior - BHPian

My neighbour waited 6 weeks for delivery. Regardless of colour, that's the waiting. 'Huge demand' cited as reason. I'd weaned him off Sonet and pushed for Nexon, so yeah he bugged me for that entire duration. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Nexon is really facing a production crunch or a high demand.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 10:54   #3447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Any thoughts ?
I've installed noodle mats (colours available as per choice)cut to size by my FN accessories shop, for the front 2 seats since 2018, very economical I bought a roll and installed in both my Nexon and Nano.

Easy to clean and wash.
Vinod_nair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 11:05   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
No but in Hinjawadi nonetheless. If you have seen the car somewhere around Wipro circle Ph2 - then it might have been me. I work in Phase 3 though, Not ETZ. I take the Ph2 route via Wipro-Infosys-TCG and onwards. Although the last time I went to office was in March week 1.
Oops. I was almost sure it was your car .

Same here, last time I went to ETZ was in March. Traveled back to my home town in Kerala in May (a 1200km non-stop road-trip in my '96 W124). Not sure by when I`ll be back in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My neighbour waited 6 weeks for delivery. Regardless of colour, that's the waiting. 'Huge demand' cited as reason. I'd weaned him off Sonet and pushed for Nexon, so yeah he bugged me for that entire duration. LOL
If you were in KL, I would say 6 weeks is very good. I am getting the car next week (car is already in the yard, PDI done) after 13 weeks of waiting.
I heard that petrol XM, XM(S) and XZ+ are in huge demand. Waiting period is around 6 weeks if it is diesel. KL dealer are now saying minimum 10 weeks for delivery for petrol variants. My cousin, who booked the car 2 days after I booked the car, it still waiting. That is 14 weeks. There are numerous folks in KL waiting for the car even after 2 months.

Off to the showroom and bank now to complete the paper-works

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 5th December 2020 at 11:12.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:24   #3449

I own a 2018 Nexon XZA+ diesel and am very happy with the car performance till date. Excellent handling, decent FE, satisfactory AMT response.
Nevertheless, since end of 1st year itself, there were some or the other issues that cropped up. I had my last 3 cars from Maruti Suzuki and this was the first time that I changed loyalty to Tata (Could not resist Nexon's safety and features) so I took extended warranty of 3 years. That has paid off very well to handle these various problems that I saw.
Briefly, issues faced & rectified:
- Rusting of bonnet panel edge at end of 1 year. - After few trials of patching it, Tata Motors approved complete replacement of bonnet hood panel, under warranty.
- Door sensor switch replaced just after first year.
- ICE system had major problem that caused battery to drain out overnight even when car was locked. Turns out a part called "Silver Box" had gone bad. TaMo approved warranty replacement of this.
- Few days ago, noticed odd noise from steering when turned. TASS identified as a problem with the steering column. Again, emailed TaMo and within few days, reverted back with warranty replacement of the part.
- Minor rusting at door corners and tail-gate joints. TASS cleaned and touched-up with fresh paint. All under warranty.

So within approx 2 years of owning the Nexon, and facing few nagging issues, these were all professionally resolved to my satisfaction. TASS (Wasan motors in Mumbai) was adept in identifying and rectifying these and TaMo supportive enough to acknowledge these and cover under warranty.
Overall, no regrets on my decision to change from Maruti to Tata. And looking forward to many happy miles to go...
Dips is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 18:26   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Hello experts,
.... However, I noticed 'HARMAN' written on top the infotainment screen (on the frame, outside the display). I haven't seen this any other Nexons. Not sure if this is a new update? .....

Sorry, no pictures :(
Quote:

You are right. Had gone to the yard again today to check my cousin's car. His Nexon has it too. Looked inside couple of other Nexons and Tiagos parked at the yard. They all now have HARMAN written on the screen. Here is a picture I clicked today:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-harman.jpg

P.S:- Amazed at how deep and huge the glove compartment is!

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 7th December 2020 at 18:35. Reason: Adding the P.S.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks