Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 09:12   #4021
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
You do not need to cut any wires for an aftermarket horn, the relay just needs a signal from the existing horn terminal. Hella is good, IIRC Tata uses a 100mm or 90mm Hella horn pair for the Harrier \ Safari etc but vehicles like Nexon gets a smaller Minda horn (70mm) pair.

Ask for a Skoda type horn, Bosch sounds best, Roots last longer.
Thanks a lot. I saw some Youtube videos and liked Hella and Roots. My nephew has a Fiamm horn in his Baleno and it was good as well. Any idea on that?

Also, will it be possible to use Harrier/Safari horn on Nexon?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 30th April 2021, 10:15   #4022
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Thanks for making my life easier. Just forwarded the info to my brother. Will report back once he has tried it out.
This did not work.

Is there something he could be missing?
Old 30th April 2021, 12:22   #4023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post
Thanks a lot. I saw some Youtube videos and liked Hella and Roots. My nephew has a Fiamm horn in his Baleno and it was good as well. Any idea on that?

Also, will it be possible to use Harrier/Safari horn on Nexon?

Thanks in Advance!
Disc type is what you have - trumpet horn which is locally referred to as Skoda type is what you are referring to with regards to Fiamm.

I look at it this way, ~ INR 600-700 is the price for a set of trumpet horn from Roots \ Bosch \ Hella . I do not know the price of Fiamm, I have not personally seen or bought it yet, perhaps not popular around here.

You can use any 12V horn available, its a matter of personal preference, some like a certain type of sound as the press the horn pad.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 12:25   #4024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
This did not work.

Is there something he could be missing?
Sorry that didn't work. If your brother followed the manual to the dot, nothing else I could think of.
Old 30th April 2021, 13:02   #4025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Disc type is what you have - trumpet horn which is locally referred to as Skoda type is what you are referring to with regards to Fiamm.

I look at it this way, ~ INR 600-700 is the price for a set of trumpet horn from Roots \ Bosch \ Hella . I do not know the price of Fiamm, I have not personally seen or bought it yet, perhaps not popular around here.

You can use any 12V horn available, its a matter of personal preference, some like a certain type of sound as the press the horn pad.
Thanks a lot for your quick response. Sure, will choose a right one that impresses me. After a while, though.
Old 30th April 2021, 16:55   #4026
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Sorry that didn't work. If your brother followed the manual to the dot, nothing else I could think of.
All I can think of is weak battery voltage...
Old 3rd May 2021, 23:04   #4027
BHPian

Nexon beats the market leader Brezza comprehensively in Kerala and Maharashtra.
https://www.autopunditz.com/post/tat...etailed-report
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_202105032251442.png  

damodar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 20:07   #4028
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I have just purchased a pre-loved 2018 Nexon XT Petrol. Using a petrol car after nearly a decade & enjoying it.

What I wanted to know is how to set the ICE system for RANDOM FOR FOLDER? When I activate the RANDOM option, it only shows & does RANDOM ALL. My USB contains folders based on devotional songs, hindi songs, classical instrumental etc. My other vehicles had / have the option to set the RANDOM PLAY for folder OR all.

Here I tried all the menu sections but could not find the RANDOM FOLDER option.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.
Old 23rd May 2021, 19:47   #4029
BHPian

So the first problems with my 2 years 15000 kms driven Nexon started. The container holding the washer fluid started to leak sometime back and the phone charger has conked off.

While I like the car for everything that it does and am confident TASS will resolve the issue to my satisfaction,,i'm confounded why Tata has still not got its act together on these small things.

And yes, congratulations to all the guys who have recently bought the Nexon.You will love it.

Last edited by GTO : 25th May 2021 at 08:02. Reason: Correcting typo of 12 years to 2
Old 23rd May 2021, 21:44   #4030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
So the first problems with my 12 years 15000 kms driven Nexon started. The container holding the washer fluid started to leak sometime back and the phone charger has conked off.

While I like the car for everything that it does and am confident TASS will resolve the issue to my satisfaction,,i'm confounded why Tata has still not got its act together on these small things.

And yes, congratulations to all the guys who have recently bought the Nexon.You will love it.
Congratulations on your purchase.

Nexon was launched less than 4years ago and not 12 years as mentioned. Please check, it maybe a typo.

There was a recall/ campaign done for the windshield washer unit sometime ago. Probably the previous owner had missed getting it rectified.

You should be able to get it replaced along with the charger port at the authorised service centre.
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 23:21   #4031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.
It was purchased 2 years back.

Quote:
Nexon was launched less than 4years ago and not 12 years as mentioned. Please check, it maybe a typo.
You are right..it is a typo.

Quote:
There was a recall/ campaign done for the windshield washer unit sometime ago. Probably the previous owner had missed getting it rectified.
You should be able to get it replaced along with the charger port at the authorised service centre.
Thanks for the info. Actually i'm the first owner I remember visiting TASS for a recall i think more than a year back where they put a clamp.Not sure if it was related to the washer unit.
Old 25th May 2021, 11:49   #4032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
It was purchased 2 years. Actually i'm the first owner
Oops, sorry, my apologies mate.

I read the following post by Ameya Janvekar which was just above your post and mistook for yours. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya Janvekar View Post
Hello everyone.

I have just purchased a pre-loved 2018 Nexon XT Petrol.
Old 26th May 2021, 12:19   #4033

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoider View Post
Booked XZ+[O] from Doon Tata, Dehradun on 11th March. The salesperson told me the waiting period to be around 8 weeks but also informed me that the O variant can come early. Fingers crossed.
They asked 21000 for the booking, which as per my information, should be 11K (read in the forum posts and on Tata's website), when enquired about the same, they told me that for normal booking its 11K and 21K puts it on an urgent basis. Decided to pay 21K iamstupid. Let's see.
So update on this.
SA's response to my follow-up in April and May has been that because of COVID the billing has stopped and whenever the billing starts, I will be informed. I wasn't expecting any calls amidst the state-wide lockdown here. But last week I received a call from Tata asking about the booking and told me that the Dealer will contact me in the next 48 hours.
After waiting few days, I called up the SA and enquired about the booking and informed about the call I received. He told me that there is still no progress on my booking. But he told me that they are bringing cars for the customers who are ready to pay in advance and can speak to the GM.
My next conversation happened with the GM, who explained his scenario and told me that a car can be arranged if I am willing to pay in advance, upon seeing my reluctance he said that they can foot 50% of the amount and car can be delivered in 7-10 days of time. He also mentioned that he will share all the bills, emails etc with me and will be in the loop.
I would not like to get my money stuck in hopes of getting the vehicle early so have declined this whole deal. Any such thing happening elsewhere as well ?

Last edited by demonoider : 26th May 2021 at 12:36.
Old 27th May 2021, 17:23   #4034
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Updates Nexon Alloy Design

Received some updates from fellow Nexon owners + BHPians + TNT members regarding silent update of the Nexon's alloy wheels by TML.
I wonder if this is driven by sourcing locally and reducing Chinese supply dependency? I had read somewhere that the alloy wheels of most cars tend to be imported from China and had caused major disruptions over last year thanks to Covid19 + Ladakh adventure by China. Just speculating - I have no idea.

Personally I liked the gen 1 alloys the most, and now I feel the outgoing 2020 Nexon wheels were better than what has now appeared. Nothing "wrong" in this new design - seems quite sporty, just not to my taste I guess.

Credits - BHPians Sujoy76, DriveOnceMore, racsaxen

Further image credit -
Link to Facebook Post

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210527-4.41.51-pm.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210527-4.54.42-pm.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210527-4.54.43-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Reinhard : 27th May 2021 at 17:34.
Reinhard is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 17:46   #4035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Personally I liked the gen 1 alloys the most, and now I feel the outgoing 2020 Nexon wheels were better than what has now appeared. Nothing "wrong" in this new design - seems quite sporty, just not to my taste I guess.
+1 there.

In terms of butch looks, the first gen alloy design was the best!

Gen 1>>Gen 2>Gen 3

It would be a good move if dealers offered the older designs as accessories with an option to upgrade at nominal cost. I wish!

Edit:
These new alloys look like the ones on the older gen Civic. I remember seeing some Civic owners painting their alloys in similar dual tone looks (can't seem to find those pics).

Last edited by ashis89 : 27th May 2021 at 17:59.
ashis89 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks