Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 20:11   #4396
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I have a very strange question. I have a dual tone Nexon, and I just noticed this; the roof is very thin and flexible that I can simply press with my fingers and it flexes. Is it supposed to be this thin at the top? Did anyone else notice the same?
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:58   #4397

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post

The Nexon comes Home

After a 6 month waiting, finally I got my Nexon delivered on the auspicious day of Mahalaya Amavasya on 6th Oct.
Congratulations on the car. We too are convinced to upgrade to the Nexon from our 2005 Swift VXI. Could you please share the dealer location in Bangalore? And do any other Tata owners in Bangalore recommend a good dealership?

I have heard good reviews about Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road. However I just wanted to confirm with other members on the forum.
Old 3rd November 2021, 16:59   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronix View Post
Could you please share the dealer location in Bangalore?
I have heard good reviews about Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road.
Dealer is Kropex Tata, Singasandra, Hosur Road. In spite of the delay, I wouldn't blame the dealer much. They were supportive most of the times.

I took a quote from Prerana Motors, Lalbagh road as well. But they never bothered to even call back and check. So went with Kropex. Both dealers quoted same price. Kropex gave me free Basic accessories and was closer to my home, and hence went with them.
gearless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 12:48   #4399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
Who did you speak with? Try to connect with Mr Ritesh Khare (Zonal Manager - North) at +919769988582.
I dropped mail to him keeping customer care of tata motors in loop but no reply. I have now dropped a mail to customer care keeping some other tata motor people in loop.

Getting an email from tata motors to convey removal of price protection is so difficult and I am literally tracking it on twitter, team bhp and tata motors customer care.

Sagar motors Patparganj Dealership mentioned to me that they cannot share the circular that has been received by them. After that no communication.

Now, I am getting a hang of it how much difficulty people are facing while dealing with tata and it's dealership on communication front.
Old 4th November 2021, 15:00   #4400
BHPian

I visited the Prabhadevi showroom today, to check out the Nexon EV.

1) They did not have a display car, only customer cars in the basement.

2) They couldn't provide us with a test drive. This is the third time I've visited that showroom (once for Safari, twice for Nexon) and I couldn't get a test drive even once.

3) The manager told us that a minimum waiting period of 6 months is to be expected. Once he realised we aren't ready to wait that long, he started pushing us towards the Tigor EV.

4) The SA told us that the government subsidy of 2.5L would only apply if the car gets invoiced before the 31st
of December, but won't provide any guarantee of the same. Since they have around 350 cars in the waiting list and are averaging ~50 deliveries a month, the chances of that happening are next to zero.

After that, I visited the showroom in Chembur, where I was met with the same response.

TATA really needs to work on their transparency post-booking and pre-delivery, and their customer service. Their dealers make you feel like they're doing you a favour by selling you a car.

This is in stark contrast to Mahindra. I visited their showroom in Andheri (NBS) on the day of launch of the XUV7OO. I got a detailed look at the car, a thorough explanation of the car and the buying process and also a good test drive. All this in spite of the huge crowd. I visited them again a few days later to check out the AT, which they didn't have earlier, and got a long test drive again.
Old 5th November 2021, 17:14   #4401
BHPian

Hello folks. I had a doubt. I TD the Nexon a week ago and felt that the front driver seat was really narrow and also short in height(below the headrest).I am a broader than usual guy but I fir quite comfortably in the driver's seat of both the Baleno and the city. Also TD the xuv300 and Kushaq but did not find this problem in either of them. Can anyone clarify if the driver seats are actually narrow and short. Or should I go for another checkup? Really liked the car otherwise but this somehow spoiled the experience.
Thanks in advance
Old 6th November 2021, 19:49   #4402
BANNED

I booked Tata Nexon XZ plus Calgary white with delivery timeline in 8 weeks. Mahindra Thar dropped due to waiting & Polo highline 1.0 Tsi AT due to refusal of booking by dealer. Also did TD of Venue Sx plus DCT, Sonet Htx plus iMT. Sonet is butter smooth but there is insane waiting period. Venue interiors & seat thigh support got thumsdown from my family.
My family is more comfortable with Nexon bucket seats & back seat thigh support with good boot space hence finally opted for Nexon.
Now Bosch provides control unit of air bag, WSS sensors for brakes, ESP by Mando. Now tata has given more focus in production of Punch, Altroz & lesser on Nexon, Gravitas. Hopefully supplies from the above supplier remains in line without any shortfall and delivery of Nexon comes in line within stipulated time.
Now few things I observed while having TD with two different Tata dealers. First opted for Nexon XZA plus but found that in both TD vehicle Nexon, there was jerk. One Nexon was 24600 driven while the other one was 4100 driven. After experiencing this jerk, took TD for manual. In manual version also I found that there is vibration in clutch.
Can anyone help me with my queries:
1. Is vibration normal in clutch or will it cause concern in future.
2. I also heard that there is connectivity issues in iRA. Is it true?
3. I found rusting in front disc brakes of Nexon. SA reply " Sir No need to worry". Shall I be concerned about this rusting issues.
Risk is Tata ASS is a hit or miss.
Old 7th November 2021, 12:07   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somz View Post
After experiencing this jerk, took TD for manual. In manual version also I found that there is vibration in clutch.
Can anyone help me with my queries:

I have 2018 Nexon. There is no significant or noticeable vibration on clutch pedal. Overall, you will feel some vibration while driving but I like it and it makes me feel connected to the road.

I found the clutch weird for a couple of days, as if pedal was trying to spring upward whenever I was trying to release my foot slowly. This caused jerkiness at gear changes. Someone in the forum mentioned the same and even someone mentioned that the clutch in Nexon is adaptive, don't know what adaptive means or how it works, but after 2 days of driving I found the clutch action proper and normal. I don't know the clutch adapted or myself.
Risky4327 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 12:18   #4404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now tata has given more focus in production of Punch, Altroz & lesser on Nexon, Gravitas.
Safari I don't know - but in case of the Nexon, what is the source of this information? Nexon doesn't share the assembly line with any other Tata car, so its a bit confusing.
Quote:
Yes slight and consistent vibration in the pedal is normal. Nothing to worry about in future either.
Quote:
3. I found rusting in front disc brakes of Nexon. SA reply " Sir No need to worry". Shall I be concerned about this rusting issues.
Risk is Tata ASS is a hit or miss.
All ASCs are a hit or miss as per my experience across brands. However - the brake disk rust is a non issue. Don't worry about it. Any exposed steel surface is bound to get rust.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 18:38   #4405
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Safari I don't know - but in case of the Nexon, what is the source of this information? Nexon doesn't share the assembly line with any other Tata car, so its a bit confusing.
I got to know from one of my birdie who is working in OEM supplying them sensors, ESP, ABS, WSS & other parts. For the month of November and December, they have prioritised Punch and Altroz. Nexon and Punch share some above parts mentioned and since there is shortage, they have prioritised new launch Punch.

Thanks for your views on rust issues.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th November 2021 at 18:49. Reason: Fixing quote tags. Please preview before submitting posts.
Old 12th November 2021, 16:24   #4406

We are soon going to book our Nexon but we're confused between the XZ+ and XZ+(S) variant in petrol. Although sunroof is a gimmicky feature i'm not interested in, i'm more inclined towards TPMS and Cruise control as its a good to have feature although our main usage is within Bangalore limits with not too many miles on the highway.

Can anyone please suggest all the accessories that we need to take from showroom and if any, that can be done aftermarket? This is our first brand new car so just wanted to make sure.

Also I had heard of an optional pack offered by Tata for around 40-50k(if i'm wrong please correct) that had JBL speakers, front parking sensors, ambient lighting and an air purifier. Does that optional pack still exist?

And although I've asked it before, could Tata owners in Bangalore recommend a good showroom for booking and delivery? Because the after-sales is the only thing preventing us from booking right away.

Please provide your valuable insights.

Thanks.
Tronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 22:56   #4407
BHPian

Booked a Nexon diesel XZ+ at Prerana Motors. No discounts whatso ever. Expected delivery by mid January 2022. I have opted for the insurance from Acko which saves me a substantial amount and extended warranty.
mjkaushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 23:13   #4408

After a lot of review reading and decision making, I've finally booked a Nexon XZ+ Diesel Manual. This is after 5 years of driving an Alto K10. When booking the Nexon I was very tempted to go to the XZ+(O) variant (the SA told me that the XZ+(S) variant is no longer available). But ultimately I decided to stick to the XZ+ variant as the 1L premium (on-road) didn't feel very worthy of the sun-roof, TPMS, cruise control and iRA setup. I have opted to take delivery of a 2022 manufactured model (or rather, my dad insisted ), so I'm waiting with excitement meanwhile.

I thought I'd miss the sunroof but after the test-drive, I found that it to be rather small. And honestly, once I slotted the car in third and throttled up, I found myself not worrying about the sunroof at all. But what will probably irk me about the XZ+ is that steering wheel is going to have one big blank on the right side and the TPMS is a rather nice addition for an over-cautious person like me. But considering Reinhard's Sensairy mod costed only around 10K, I am considering opting for it instead.

Just thought I'd share this with y'all since I owe Team-BHP a lot of thanks for helping me find my first new car. (Alto was a used car I bought to learn and ended up using it till way after).
Ma5terVain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 12:36   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav182001 View Post
Hi all, I have been an avid reader of Team-bhp for more than a decade. Never had anything to share so did not apply for membership. I am now buying my first car a Red Tata Nexon XZ+ manual petrol from Multitec Faridabad. I booked the vehicle on 17th July. At the time of booking, I was promised a white vehicle in transit and will be delivered within a week, they even shared the VIN no. After 4 days the SA informed me the vehicle was allocated to the Haryana govt. I then changed the color to red.
On 29 July they informed me the vehicle is billed; after a couple of days when I ask for VIN no they mentioned that "tata did not build your vehicle". After numerous follow-ups at last the vehicle is billed, the shared VIN no is August 21 build. The vehicle as per them will arrive in a couple of days. I plan to put an illuminated scuff plate and puddle lamp in the showroom itself. They also offer a Blaupunkt dashcam (Model no not available) for ~Rs. 5000 does not have a battery. will it be a good choice,..? I just learned driving 2 months back, should I also buy a front parking sensor..? They had offered Rs. 31K for 1 year comprehensive and 3-year 3rd party insurance. What are the important add-ons I need to buy..?
I am really worried about the theft of the vehicle, can anyone guide me where I can install gear-lock in Faridabad..?.
Attaching the accessory price list.
I am also toying with the idea of having a Tata car, even a Nexon Petrol AMT to buy in coming months. Was looking for responses to your post; however, since there is none thus far, may I request you to share your experience with pictures in detail?

In my opinion, for a new driver, front parking sensor makes some sense, especially for a high bonnet car as Nexon is. May be with practice, you may not need it but that is in future.

Back camera and sensors are very important for anyone.

Did you opt for the Bluepaunkt? How did it go? Prices seem to be on the higher side. If you can compare prices from aftermarket players or take some recommendations from reliable people around your that could save some money but add to your trouble.

Congratulations on your purchase and best wishes
daspranab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 16:37   #4410

Hi Daspranab,

The Nexon is a great vehicle, smooth, and inspires confidence when driving on highways. I did not face any fatigue for driving more than 7+ hours continuously.

Back camera and sensors are very much needed for a newbie like me, the camera quality with the dynamic steering and sensors are a boon while parking reverse.

Regarding the dashcam, I purchased DDPAI Mini3 Car Dash Camera. Though it is a bit costlier the wireless button provided with it is a gem. The footage is clear in both day and night. It is easier to remove and attach the metal body and able to rotate fully to aim at the cabin.

The accessory guy told the bumpers have to be drilled for installing the front parking sensor, he was also a bit reluctant to do. I did not opt for it. In early days because of misjudgment, the front of the vehicle nudged the wall while parking, the cement did come out but the black cladding save the paint.

I have driven around 3000km in my Nexon, I would suggest go ahead and buy it.
raghav182001 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks