Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 16:47   #5116
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Congratulations on your Purchase! Such a beautiful car. Despite manufacturing good products, Tata motors still have a long way to go as they need to fix their quality control issues at war footing. INR 1.6 Mn is big money and if one has to go through breakdowns in the initial ownership period of buying a brand new car, this is a serious problem. This lackadaisical attitude also reflects in their dealerships especially in the way they deliver brand new cars to their customers.

Wishing you 10 years of peaceful ownership and hope you get all the support you need from Tata Motors if you face any niggles. All the best!
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 18:19   #5117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
Wishing you 10 years of peaceful ownership and hope you get all the support you need from Tata Motors if you face any niggles. All the best!
For sure Tata Motors must focus on quality control and dealership issues. Thank you for the best wishes!

Last edited by aah78 : 5th March 2023 at 18:34. Reason: Quote trimmed, posts merged.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 19:29   #5118
BHPian

Hi Rhinox~Cnu, Congrats for the Nexon. We also booked Kaziranga edition of Nexon Diesel MT, but changed it later to XZ+(HS) as we loved the Royal Blue colour which was just launched back then. I am curious to know about the extended arm rest you installed. Is it fixed or can be removed to access the below storage area?.
I also received my second smart key this week after 8 months of delivery after repeated follow ups with Tata
Below is my Nexy-
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20221119_1345432.jpg  

SamitMukherjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 21:53   #5119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
Hi Rhinox~Cnu, Congrats for the Nexon. We also booked Kaziranga edition of Nexon Diesel MT, but changed it later to XZ+(HS) as we loved the Royal Blue colour which was just launched back then. I am curious to know about the extended arm rest you installed. Is it fixed or can be removed to access the below storage area?.
I also received my second smart key this week after 8 months of delivery after repeated follow ups with Tata
Below is my Nexy-
Thank you Samit. Congratulations to you too! Royal blue colour looks cool
I purchased Arm Rest from Amazon, very useful on long drives. It is not fixed, can be removed and height adjustable, offered with anti-skid mat.
Link: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...L6T8XJDB&psc=1
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 04:29   #5120
BHPian

Hello Rhinox, Congratulations on your new ride, it looks stunning in the pictures.

It would be really helpful if you can elaborate more on the DIY job on the ceramic coating, Like the product review, price and ways to acquire it.
TN20CQ5187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 10:57   #5121

Hi All,

Reverse camera and sensors not getting turned on when reverse gear is engaged. This has happened after car wash(in wash service Center). But camera and sensor works fine when I select from infotainment menu.

What could be the reason? any DIY solutions?
Old 6th March 2023, 12:06   #5122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post
I think the switch connecting reverse gear to camera is not responding. Should be a easy fix at TASC.
SamitMukherjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 19:10   #5123
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Reverse camera and sensors not getting turned on when reverse gear is engaged. This has happened after car wash(in wash service Center). But camera and sensor works fine when I select from infotainment menu.

Most likely a loose connection or sensor issue like mentioned here. Do also check if your reverse light is working or not. Should be a quick fix.
red_nemesis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 17:30   #5124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN20CQ5187 View Post
Hello Rhinox, Congratulations on your new ride, it looks stunning in the pictures.

It would be really helpful if you can elaborate more on the DIY job on the ceramic coating, Like the product review, price and ways to acquire it.
Thank you! TN20CQ5187 - Sure, I will plan for a new thread on it.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 11:50   #5125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

When you shift to the reverse gear - are the reversing lamps turning on? Ask someone to check while standing outside.

If the reverse lamp is not lighting up either - that means the gear position sensor switch in the shifter console is not working properly. Get it cleaned / replaced & it will be OK.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:50   #5126
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
I planning to purchase Nexon XMA(S) petrol and interested in auto-gear shift only, which this version offers. My doubt is whether to purchase it this year with present petrol model or to wait for new engine Nexon which they could or not offer this auto-gear shift.
Any help?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 9th March 2023, 17:42   #5127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi Bhpians,
I planning to purchase Nexon XMA(S) petrol and interested in auto-gear shift only, which this version offers. My doubt is whether to purchase it this year with present petrol model or to wait for new engine Nexon which they could or not offer this auto-gear shift.
I think it will all come down to how urgently you need the car for daily use. If you can wait and make-do with other arrangement / existing car - it might be worth waiting for the facelift. When it arrives - Probably TaMo won't know either .

Then - we don't know for sure if the new engine will make its way to the Nexon with the upcoming facelift for sure. Logically it should, but TaMo has often mooned at logic in the past. For sure though - the next one will also come with an auto-shift. Whether DCT or AMT - is interesting to look forward to. I really hope the Altroz DCA's DCT finally makes its way to the Nexon petrol. My hopes of a diesel Nexon with a TCAT - have evaporated now given TaMo's lethargic approach towards the diesels - which the others have presented to them on a silver platter suddenly.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 11:55   #5128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
What's the current waiting period/ETA? The only way to track your booking is to remain in constant contact with your SA/dealership. It is extremely frustrating but in a hot selling car like Nexon, there is no other way out too
Thanks. I'm being told it's 6 weeks and will get the car by end of March or early April. I'm following up with the SA every week. Will keep this thread posted on how it goes.
Old 13th March 2023, 13:53   #5129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinox~Cnu View Post
Thank you! TN20CQ5187 - Sure, I will plan for a new thread on it.
Hi, pls find detailed thread on DIY - Ceramic coating!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...irst-time.html (DIY: Applied Ceramic Coating on my brand new car for the first time!)
Old 14th March 2023, 16:54   #5130

Tata Nexon XM Diesel - Purchase, Initial Impressions, Niggles and Accessories

Hello fellow BHPians,

This is my first ever ownership review on TBHP. I am writing this review after 2 months and 5000kms of ownership of Tata Nexon XM Diesel Manual in Daytona Grey.

I am a 28-year-old with 10 years of driving experience. I learned to drive on my grandfather's HM Ambassador Diesel, which had an ISUZU engine that my grandpa used to boast about. Over the years, I have driven a variety of cars in my family, including the Tata Sumo, Tata Sumo Victa, Tata Safari, Mahindra Bolero, Tata Indica Vista, Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo, Maruti Suzuki Alto, Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel, Ford Figo Diesel, and Skoda Superb TDI DSG. Although I don't own any of these cars , I have gained a lot of experience driving them as they belong to my dad and uncle. Currently, my dad owns a VW Vento TDI MT, which he absolutely loves and has owned for over 11 years.

Now that I have a good job and am single, I thought it was the perfect time to buy a car for myself. And so, the hunt began.

To keep things short, as everyone already knows the pros and cons of the cars available in the Indian market, let's dive into my experience with the Tata Nexon.

CARS CONSIDERED

• Tata Nexon - Diesel MT
  • Kia Sonet - Diesel MT
  • Maruti Baleno - Petrol MT
  • Nissan Magnite - Turbo Petrol MT
  • Hyundai Venue - Diesel MT
  • Hyundai i20 - Diesel MT

CRITERIAS FOR CHOOSING CARS

1. Should be under 12 lakhs on-road
  2. Should be an relatively safer car
  3. STRICTLY DIESEL
  4. STRICTLY Manual
  5. Since I'll be doing most of my driving on highways, I'll need a car that feels stable and planted while driving at high speeds.

FINAL CHOICE

After conducting multiple test drives and sifting through countless forum posts, I have finally decided on purchasing the Nexon Diesel. It has everything I need: safety features, ample space, a diesel option, a smooth ride, and it fits within my budget. I checked with Jayaraj Karz in Thanjavur for the availability of the Nexon XM variant and was pleasantly surprised to learn that they had a Daytona Grey color available and could deliver the car in just three days. It seemed too good to be true! We agreed on a final price of approximately Rs. 11,50,000, including registration, insurance, and other miscellaneous charges. I transferred the booking amount on the same day, and the car was delivered on January 11, 2023.

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

Driving the Nexon was a different experience for me, having come from a sedan. It was a hoot to drive, and I found that I didn't have to slow down for small potholes as I did in the Vento. Additionally, sitting in a taller position meant that the headlights didn't hit my eyes directly as they did before. While the cornering isn't as sharp as it was with the Vento, I don't think it's fair to compare the two.

One thing I would say is that I think they should have given the Nexon a 5-speed manual instead of a 6-speed. I find that I'm constantly changing gears, and the power is spread too much across the gears. If it were a 5-speed, I feel like it would be a totally different animal to drive.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img6556.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img6553.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img6546.jpg

NIGGLES

Few days after getting the delivery, couple of issues started cropping up in my nexon.
  • Rattling noise of front left side door
  • Mild rattle noise on speedometer when i go over bad roads
  • Front left speaker has a distorted noise if i play an bass heavy song

I took my car to the Jayaraj Karz service center in Thanjavur, but they couldn't fix the rattling noise in the front left side door even after three attempts . As a result, I took the car back to Bengaluru, where I work, and gave it to the Tata Kropex service center in Koramangala. They were able to fix the front left side door rattling noise and assured me that they would address the remaining issues during the second service.

I sincerely hope that TATA will improve the quality of their cars, as having hard edges and niggles in a brand new car is unacceptable. I hope that they will be able to fix all of my issues soon.

Accessories

I have did an couple of installations on my car:
  • Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 HeadUnit
  • 70mai Dashcam A400+Rear Cam Set
  • Steering controls
  • Reverse Camera
  • Suntek Sunfilm

I chose the Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 over other units mainly because it's the only non-Android 9-inch head unit available for under 40k. It also has wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay, and it has worked flawlessly so far. The sound quality also seems better than the Android units, though still not quite at the level of the XZ+. The total cost was Rs. 40,800, which included the head unit, Canbus, frame, and fitting. A rear camera was also included as a complimentary part of the package.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img7395.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img7391.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img7383.jpg

I have also fitted steering controls, which work flawlessly with the HU. They cost me Rs.6000, and the accessory people assured me that they would not void the warranty since they did not cut any wires.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img7394.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img7393.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img7384.jpg

All these accessories I had fitted in EDGE Accessories, HSR Layout, Bengaluru.

ACCESSORIES PLANNED

• Alloy Wheels
  • Leather Seats and Steering Wrap
  • Wrapping the side mirrors in glossy black finish
  • Proper Audio upgrade

VERDICT

Nexon is a fun car to drive, especially in Bengaluru where there are a lot of potholes, and the added height gives a commanding driving experience. Thank you for reading my post, and I will keep you updated.
ramprakashram is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks