Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2018, 09:43   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting news. I wish VW would launch the bi-turbo version of the Tiguan here. With a more compact and slightly stronger feeling chassis, the Tiguan would be fun to drive with all that massive 500NM torque propelling it. It will beat the hot hatches hollow with the 6.5s 0-100 time and would be a great combination of fun, practicality, go-anywhere capability and good looks. Of course it will be more expensive, but who H the Kodiaq selling at Rs. 5 Lakhs more than the top end Tiguan, there should be room in between for the Tiguan Bi-turbo.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 13th June 2018 at 09:45.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 18:58   #227
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Guys I have heard that the new batch of Octavia's come with a virtual cockpit like Audi in the international market and this is a silent addition to the car, is this true? if yes, can we expect them in the Indian market.

This will definitely be a wonderful feature to have.
Old 16th June 2018, 02:09   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Guys I have heard that the new batch of Octavia's come with a virtual cockpit like Audi in the international market and this is a silent addition to the car, is this true? if yes, can we expect them in the Indian market.

This will definitely be a wonderful feature to have.
I believe it's an option for around €350. Having said that, we usually get fully loaded versions here so it could very well be added with a commensurate price increase.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 10:18   #229

Just took the delivery of this riot of a car! Full ownership post coming soon Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_20180615_145144_423.jpg
varunnahar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 18:41   #230
BHPian

I have been following everything about the Octavia vRS as its part of a new car shortlist.

I came across two bits of information that really put things in a tough spot with respect to arriving at a decision:
  • The MY2019 updates will include an optional virtual cockpit for the instrument cluster. I'm not sure if this will be offered here as the Passat already has this internationally but the one sold in India does not get that.
  • There are talks about the '230' specification of the vRS being discontinued. This is apparently due to the engine line-up changes mandated by the updated Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) that comes into effect in the EU later this year.

Now the second point is more important as that would mean the vRS sold here may be discontinued. I think another member mentioned that a dealer also hinted at this possibility so maybe it is not just hearsay.

What complicates things further is that the standard 1.8 engine variant is also being replaced internationally by a revised version of the 2-litre engine (again something I read on news sources online) so its again uncertain if and when this change will apply to India.

Would love to hear if anyone has any clarity on this.
theMandarin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 07:59   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post
Just took the delivery of this riot of a car! Full ownership post coming soon Attachment 1772604
Congratulations...
When did you book and how long it took? I booked mine on 3rd April in Bangalore and still waiting
Old 25th June 2018, 09:34   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this superb pic, all tuned by APR
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-fb_img_1529899279826.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...11290478940230
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 19:48   #233
BHPian

Finally i have taken the plunge and booked the vRS. Though torque is promising delivery of steel grey by 15-08, they say that it can be delivered within this month if the color is red/black. I am still confused regarding the color. Guys please help with your suggestions regarding steel grey, black or white.
Old 5th July 2018, 19:49   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
Finally i have taken the plunge and booked the vRS. Though torque is promising delivery of steel grey by 15-08, they say that it can be delivered within this month if the color is red/black. I am still confused regarding the color. Guys please help with your suggestions regarding steel grey, black or white.
I was told there is no Black in vRS. Single big reason I did not. I even checked with the company and also with a couple of good friends who have vRS. And of course the dealer TAFE here confirmed - No Black.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 5th July 2018 at 19:51.
Old 5th July 2018, 19:54   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I was told there is no Black in vRS. Single big reason I did not. I even checked with the company and also with a couple of good friends who have vRS. And of course the dealer TAFE here confirmed - No Black.

On the contrary, the first vRS i saw and sat in Ahmedabad was black and i was even surprised as there was no mention of black in any of the communication from skoda.
bhavit46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 22:08   #236
BHPian

Quote:

They do have black although not mentioned in brochure or even their site. I own magic black which was delivered in May. Dealer may be pushing for existing stock, So you will need to push them hard.
vishaltanksale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 11:14   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Guys please help with your suggestions regarding steel grey, black or white.
Congrats! Color is a personal choice. Since you asked, let me suggest you black. vRS looks stunning in Black.

Quote:
Quote:
On the contrary, the first vRS i saw and sat in Ahmedabad was black and i was even surprised as there was no mention of black in any of the communication from skoda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
They do have black although not mentioned in brochure or even their site. I own magic black which was delivered in May. Dealer may be pushing for existing stock, So you will need to push them hard.
Black is available. Check out these posts in this same thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4399922

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4383035
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 18:45   #238
BHPian

I just received a communication from Skoda saying that the price is increased from July 1st. It doesn't say how much though.
Old 8th July 2018, 12:04   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I just received a communication from Skoda saying that the price is increased from July 1st. It doesn't say how much though.

They have increased the prices by around 50000 ex showroom ahmedabad w.e.f.01-07
bhavit46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 15:51   #240
BHPian

Quote:
They have increased the prices by around 50000 ex showroom ahmedabad w.e.f.01-07
The new ex- showroom price is 26,78,000. When I booked it three months ago it was 26,25,490. So the there is an increase of 52,510.

This could be a bit more also as I could not get the new ex-showroom price specific to Bangalore from the dealer.

I feel angry and cheated.
manojas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks