Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 16:59   #271
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1980 View Post
Lucky enough to get a delivery of my Red Dragon this August for my Birthday
Attaching a few snaps here.
Congrats! Is the front grill and orvms wrapped or painted?

Check out few pics of my red beast in this travelogue.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ve-2018-a.html (European beauties exploring Indian terrain: Our Monsoon Konkan Drive, 2018)
Old 29th August 2018, 23:10   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebo View Post
Congrats! Is the front grill and orvms wrapped or painted?

Check out few pics of my red beast in this travelogue.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ve-2018-a.html (European beauties exploring Indian terrain: Our Monsoon Konkan Drive, 2018)
Zebo that's right. I got my front grill and ORVMs wrapped. Obviously I am not going to do any paint job on this beauty.. In fact I got the idea from you mate. I got it done in 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Congratulations Phoenix1980. I have the same color and loving it. I wish you many happy miles.

BTW, did you get the front chrome grill wrapped? what is it? Paint or wrap?
Thanks Maibaa, Waited quite a bit to get my hands on this beauty. I got them wrapped from 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
After the Blue, the Red is the next best colour

Congrats Phoenix! Wish you a lot of happy and safe driving!
Hehehe I waited because I wanted the red one. I had always wanted to own a red car. More so if it comes with extra testosterone.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2018 at 09:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Phoenix1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 18:28   #273
BHPian

Ok so the dealer budged and I have gone ahead and done the Insurance from 3rd party, HDFC Ergo titanium on 100% IDV, almost half of what Gurudev offered

Have paid the full amount, car is in transit, hopefully will get my hands on her next week
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 18:53   #274
BHPian

I got a call back from Skoda India after i expressed interest in the RS through their website.

The lady on the phone exactly said this "We dont have any idea on when the next set of kits will be allocated for India. Sorry, we dont have test drive vehicles of Octavia RS as well".

Any variance with dealers that anyone knows?

Eyeing for a Corrida Red RS for this festive season.

Thanks!
Old 5th September 2018, 19:55   #275
BHPian

Buying an RS in Kolkata versus Bangalore is straight 4 Lakhs cheaper OTR
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 00:02   #276
BHPian

Hey Guys got my VRS , was a little sceptical of the Black but it is a looker. Have not pushed her much but I can definitely feel that it masks speed very well, you can reach speeds with out realizing it.

Planning to get 3D kagu mats and sun film installed before I go for ceramic Coating

Any other suggestions to maintain black
xtremeshock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 18:15   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
A little OT but It's really frustrating if you look at the OTRs by city!

29.40 - Chandigarh
29.44 - Pondy
29.76 - Kolkata
30.91 - Jaipur
31.02 - Delhi
32.38 - Chennai
32.39 - Hyderabad
31.84 - Mumbai
33.64 Bangalore

In Gangtok (Sikkim), you would just have to pay Rs. 2500.00 per year as road tax for the Octavia RS. If you consider the tax for 15 years, the OTR would come to 27.15 Lakhs.

It's high time One India One Tax is implemented.

Last edited by nerd1200 : 9th September 2018 at 18:16.
nerd1200 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 19:38   #278
BHPian

Surprise, Surprise!! The dealer exactly gave me that when on Friday he said that the car would be delivered in November. The same day i got a call from him that the car has been dispatched. And here it is. I have taken the delivery of Candy white vrs yesterday. The delivery process was smooth and they gave me enough time to do the famous T-Bhp PDI. The car had just 10 kms on the odo. I am still waiting for the feeling to sink in.
bhavit46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 00:15   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
Surprise, Surprise!! The dealer exactly gave me that when on Friday he said that the car would be delivered in November. The same day i got a call from him that the car has been dispatched. And here it is. I have taken the delivery of Candy white vrs yesterday. The delivery process was smooth and they gave me enough time to do the famous T-Bhp PDI. The car had just 10 kms on the odo. I am still waiting for the feeling to sink in.
Hello Bhavit,
Wow a vrs in ahemdabad. Would love to catch up sometime with you and check out the beast in flesh.
Old 10th September 2018, 12:38   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Hey Guys got my VRS , was a little sceptical of the Black but it is a looker. Have not pushed her much but I can definitely feel that it masks speed very well, you can reach speeds with out realizing it.

Planning to get 3D kagu mats and sun film installed before I go for ceramic Coating

Any other suggestions to maintain black
Can you post some pictures? Would love to see how RS looks in black.
Are you planning to change/colour the alloys to black as well?
Old 10th September 2018, 21:46   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
One of the reasons is WB takes road tax for only 5 years instead of 15 as other states do.

And Pondy takes only about 60K for even a 30L car. Which is why most expensive cars get registered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
A little OT but It's really frustrating if you look at the OTRs by city!

While this varying tax is madness, I also think that premium cars should be taxed higher than regular cars. A standard 14-15% is a decent tax.

Last edited by theMAG : 10th September 2018 at 23:20. Reason: Back-back posts merged. Please Edit, moving forward
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 11:52   #282
BHPian

So - seems like Skoda is at it again. Booked a VRS the beginning of last month from Skoda JMD Vashi with a promise of delivery by the 20th of the same month. That date got pushed to the end of the month (August). Then it was pushed to first week of September. Then I spoke to higher authority who promised with absolute certainty a delivery date of the 10th of September. It's the 11th today - and still no word.

Now I understand he vehicle has limited quantities etc - and I also acknowledge that sometimes unexpected situations might force a deadline to be extended. But my problem with service has always been with them not responding when expected. I call the sales guy at least 5 times before he responds with a "I'll call you back in 5 mins". Six hours later - I call him again, and he doesn't bother responding - and finally calls me up the next day with a casual answer like "I don't know when I can give you the car sir - but I promise it will be here in the next 4 days." This routine has happened at least 7 times now - with the date of delivery being "100% confirmed" and then being pushed unceremoniously after I call them. It is also extremely unethical on the part of Skoda JMD to promise a car on a particular date - and then move back on that - because I did not book from another dealer that was just 15 mins away from my house who had promised a September delivery for me purely on the basis of the earlier delivery date promised by JMD. They even tried pushing alternate colours for me - going as far saying "sir even your colour is available- but maybe you want this colour, cause it doesn't really matter that much."

If it wasn't for the fact that I want the vehicle so badly - I would've cancelled my booking just in the basis of how ridiculous their sales experience is - and I'm already dreading the after sales now judging by the current scenario. Skoda needs to up their game big time - and marketing gimmicks like a " complimentary 4 year warranty" should also be backed by actual ground level inspections on their sales experience.

P.S. - I'd love to hear about any other Mumbai RS purchase experiences that might have been positive - maybe u can contact different dealers for a better experience.
Old 11th September 2018, 12:53   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
So - seems like Skoda is at it again.
Ahmad, correct me if I am wrong but you own the Polo which has already suffered 2 DSG failures in last 5 years, still you are going for a VAG car? I always find it difficult to understand with so many members here, despite their poor experiences with VAG cars, they keep going back to them when it comes to buying another car.
Old 11th September 2018, 18:12   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Ahmad, correct me if I am wrong but you own the Polo

Hehe - well, my brother's an automobile journalist and I've had the fortune and pleasure of experiencing a variety of cars - from budget options to the high and mighty ones ranging in the crores as well. After years of these experiences - and after personally owning a Hyundai, a Honda, and a Volkswagen - I can safely say that if driving pleasure, stability and build quality is your thing - it's still hard to beat a VAG car. I currently own a Vento TSI - and yes, it's had 2 failures with the mechatronic unit and the gearbox -which is one the the reasons I'm hell bent on the VRS version of the Octavia which has the 6-Speed wet clutch box and not the 7-Speed Dry one in the other budget VAG vehicles.

I've mentioned this in my posts as well - and I'll mention it again. My car has been a pin when it's been at the workshop - but when it's out, and when it's on the road - and when it's working properly - it's a hoot to drive. My Honda City was way more reliable - but the door closed with a lighter thud. My Hyundai workshop visits were way less frustrating - but the buttons and knobs started getting loose way sooner. I've currently done over 1.15L kms on my vehicle - and while being fully aware of the risks involved - I think the only reason I'm going back to a VAG vehicle is cause my personal priorities (and individual family needs etc) leave me no other choice. I almost considered a Jeep Compass - absolutely despised the Elantra (no offence to those who like it) and was genuinely hopeful for a corolla Altis or a the Yaris - but not one of them bought a smile to my face in the same way a VRS did when I had it for a couple of days. And that pure - unadulterated, absolute joy is what I think vehicles are for me. At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging again - I said above that I've driven many vehicles across many different ranges. If I had the budget - I'd probably pick a Beamer 6 GT (perhaps the most joyous practical Petrol Beamer I've driven) or even a Volvo V90 (again - practically magic, and those impeccably simplistic interiors) - but if I were to pick one car that bought the biggest smile to my face - I'd undoubtedly say it was the Mini Cooper S JCW. That car isn't nearly as fast as some of the others, and even extremely skittish at high speeds, but the smile it plasters on your face every single time you floor it is - indescribable.

So yeah - I'm in absolute agreement with you - VAG cars are impractical, expensive and more often than expected, rather terrible to own. And I've given many people advice - and rarely suggested they buy a VW or Skoda vehicle. But for those who I know can take the pains of owning it - and for those who cherish the actual drive above all else - I would still be hard pressed to find an alternative to the Germans in general.

P.S. - All views expressed are personal and not intended to either offend or ridicule anyone else. These views might change with age or maturity - but are honest and true as of this moment.
ahmadnaik is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 14:48   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
P.S. - I'd love to hear about any other Mumbai RS purchase experiences that might have been positive - maybe u can contact different dealers for a better experience.
Have you given Autobahn a shot? I had a decent experience with them when buying my previous Laura, and even booked the vRS from them which was a surprisingly smooth experience (later cancelled as I found a pre-owned 328i).

That being said - I recently picked up the VW Tiguan from Autobahn Navi Mumbai and the experience wasn't great, and there were delays. However, I did get the car a week later and the sales advisor did revert to all my queries within 24 hours (he had a personal emergency, and also was always travelling around Mumbai meeting some customer or the other).

Since the batch has already been imported - ask them if they have anything in stock first before booking (either at dealership level or plant level), otherwise you will end up waiting for the next batch which as you can see - may take some time to come.

I don't know anyone senior at Autobahn Skoda, but can share the contact info of the person who came to show me the Kodiaq recently (and who put me in touch with his colleague at Autobahn VW).

Alternately - some good deals on pre-owned 330i & 330iGT. Will cost a little bit more, but then could be worth it. Equally as tuner friendly, and GTO and other members speak highly of BMW service and reliability (courtesy fellow BHPian who works for Infinity BMW service team).
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks